Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:07:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DisLedger sale ends at midnight UTC/8:00PM EDT... Join this incredible DLT now!!  (Read 28426 times)
DisLedger (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 05:00:29 PM

Do you guys plan to bring in anymore advisors?

Not during the token sale but there are some capital markets, payments and finance experts that we’d like to have onboard longterm.

That's interesting, any specific companies you're eye-balling?

We've been talking with Intel, Mastercard and SAP for a long time so have those pretty well covered. Next we'll be looking for executives, investors, and board members that have connections in other, similar companies.

Those are some big names, hopefully something will come through with them.

Yes we're happy that they're involved and that we'll get to work on a lot of good projects together.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dipsomaniac

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:00:28 PM

How are the advisors getting compensated?

Those contractual arrangements would be private.

Actually they're obvious lol, they're probably getting tokens.

And their Tech group is writing our smart contracts.

They're more involved than I would have initially expected then.

Yes, the groups that understand how powerful DisLedger will be in finance have gotten really interested. So they usually want to engage deeply, and we appreciate partners like that!

It seems like they would be overwhelmed with people trying pitch them ideas, how did you manage to get a foot in the door with some of the bigger companies I've seen mentioned here?
DisLedger (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 06:42:56 PM

Yes, the groups that understand how powerful DisLedger will be in finance have gotten really interested. So they usually want to engage deeply, and we appreciate partners like that!

It seems like they would be overwhelmed with people trying pitch them ideas, how did you manage to get a foot in the door with some of the bigger companies I've seen mentioned here?

Persistence... just not stopping until we could convince them of the benefits of the technology.

First going over the details with the technical people, then lots of discussions with the business people on what it means for their product and company.

It took over a year of consistent communications with some of the bigger players.

celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:47:45 PM

Is there a particular legal firm you have been going through?

We used Debevoise & Plimpton for our token sale legal review, and Morrison & Foerster does our patents.

Wow, Debevoise & Plimpton is a very prestigious law firm. That must have set you back a pretty penny or even two!

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
DisLedger (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 06:55:05 PM

We used Debevoise & Plimpton for our token sale legal review, and Morrison & Foerster does our patents.

Wow, Debevoise & Plimpton is a very prestigious law firm. That must have set you back a pretty penny or even two!

They are expensive but completely worth it to ensure that our token sale was handled legally.

Hopefully people will appreciate the extents to which we've gone to be compliant with all the regulations. We maintain professional standards so we will be around for a long time unlike some other notable coins.

bananafana

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:19:02 PM

They are expensive but completely worth it to ensure that our token sale was handled legally.

Hopefully people will appreciate the extents to which we've gone to be compliant with all the regulations. We maintain professional standards so we will be around for a long time unlike some other notable coins.

I knew I recognized that name, that's the firm defending Grand Theft Auto V from the lawsuit filed by Lindsey Lohan.
DisLedger (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 07:27:12 PM

I knew I recognized that name, that's the firm defending Grand Theft Auto V from the lawsuit filed by Lindsey Lohan.

I don't know about GTA but they are the firm that created the "Securities Law Framework for Blockchain Tokens" which is the legal framework that people rely on to help assess whether they are a security or not in the US. They also handled a lot of other relevant regulations in the States and internationally.

DisLedger (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 08:13:55 PM

I don't know about GTA but they are the firm that created the "Securities Law Framework for Blockchain Tokens" which is the legal framework that people rely on to help assess whether they are a security or not in the US. They also handled a lot of other relevant regulations in the States and internationally.

Here's a link Securities Law Framework

BuyingFast

Activity: 230
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:58:00 PM

I'll never understand why people care about legality in US so much. Just "don't sell to US" persons, like so many are doing. We all know they're buying anyway. Cryptocurrency is also about not caring about the current flawed system.
DisLedger (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 09:13:59 PM

I'll never understand why people care about legality in US so much. Just "don't sell to US" persons, like so many are doing. We all know they're buying anyway. Cryptocurrency is also about not caring about the current flawed system.

The penalties just aren't worth it, and the extreme ways that ICOs have tried to avoid the regulations aren't sustainable... or legally justified. Just look at Tezos' collapse last week after they tried the Swiss non-profit scam.

We're working in the global financial markets for the long run, with customers that are heavily regulated. We would never have done the token sale if our lawyers hadn't signed off on its legality.

BuyingFast

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:56:41 AM

I'll look into it more, ethics and law are hard for me.
DisLedger (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 10:57:56 AM

I'll look into it more, ethics and law are hard for me.

The legal issues around the crypto space are really complex. And because the networks cover the world you have to deal with different rules for each country.

DisLedger (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 11:13:38 AM

Another writeup on DisLedger and the token sale from Startup Radius

2l84aa

Activity: 185
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:30:54 PM

Sounds like they're probably the best in the world for this industry then.
Dipsomaniac

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:57:13 PM

Persistence... just not stopping until we could convince them of the benefits of the technology.

First going over the details with the technical people, then lots of discussions with the business people on what it means for their product and company.

It took over a year of consistent communications with some of the bigger players.

That's always the answer I get to that kind of question, you just have to keep bugging them. I've tried, but I loose hope after 10+ messages lol. I guess it probably helps to know the right people to bug also.
celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:23:55 PM

I think that really would say a lot to anyone who's willing to actually do their research.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
bananafana

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:01:56 PM

Yeah, I'm a nerd. I think it's a good sign though, makers of GTA have so much money they could pick any law firm in the world and they chose the same as you.
BlitzandBitz

Activity: 248

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:18:40 PM

Will there be any sort of platform used, or does the technology just kinda work in the background?
DisLedger (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 09:28:59 PM

Will there be any sort of platform used, or does the technology just kinda work in the background?

It's mostly used under the hood of systems that users wouldn't ever see. Some commons uses are connecting banks together so you can send money peer-to-peer, or connecting brokerages and clearinghouses together so that when you trade stocks they end up in your account.

BuyingFast

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:16:21 AM

Another writeup on DisLedger and the token sale from Startup Radius

Are these writeups promoted, or they post them themselves? Sorry if the question is too intrusive.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: