Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:26:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] Dmarket - the worlds first decentralized, cross-game marketplace.  (Read 35754 times)
akhavr

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 08:07:26 AM

D_Market, is this guy part of your team?
Will the project run on the Ethereum network?

I'm extremely sorry, but are you sure you've read the whitepaper?

Once again, in my posts I represent only myself, not any team that I'm involved with.

blockchainz_rm

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 08:50:43 AM

Guys, if i right understood, first stage based on Ethereum network, and second stage in November based on dmarket-special-network (sth like that). Why you decided go this way? What is the difference and what is the profit for you and token holders from this way. I tried find out answer on this question in WP but not found (perhaps it my fault, please clarify this).
unyil

Activity: 354
Merit: 103

sigs design service➜https://goo.gl/jhz4f8

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 10:01:04 AM

Under which exhanges is going to be traded?
The exchange service is going to be announced later but it's going to be from top 10
Maybe at livecoin.net could be the initial target to be able to trade this coin and for the next target I hope to enter in bittrex exchange.

first.down

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 10:26:06 AM

Can I make my contribution (BTC) through exchange such as Bittrex or I should transfer from my personal BTC address?
buta

Activity: 89
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 10:44:35 AM

Can I make my contribution (BTC) through exchange such as Bittrex or I should transfer from my personal BTC address?

in BTC (and only BTC), you can send it from bittrex.
ratlos

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 11:25:12 AM

Hello,

i made my contribution (ETH) but i can not find it in my account.
only my BTC contribution is registered.

i tried to contact dmarket support, but no answer within 2 days.
Does anybody else have this problem?

Any idea for a solution?
D_market (OP)

We Make Virtual Assets Real

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 11:44:43 AM

Interesting. Sale policy has been changed today, a day after start of ico sale. The mentioned paragraph has been changed now. Wow, changing the rules of the game when the game has already been started.

D_market, how would you explain this?
Changing the terms of the contract after investors have given you their money.

I only invested 10ETH, but I am completely disappointing by the lack of transparency and integrity this project is showing.

It's getting even worse. Now they state, that tokens are distributed 30-60 day AFTER second distribution phase ended (https://dmarketio.slack.com/archives/C65BE4X1T/p1503077355000541). The updated sale policy (https://dmarket.io/assets/documents/DMarket_tokens_sale_policy_EN.pdf) 3.7 reads now "3.7. The amount of DMarket Tokens to be provided to a User shall be specified in User’s Account on the Website upon completion of DMarket Tokens purchase by the User. The DMarket Tokens shall be sent to the User’s personal respective cryptocurrency wallet by the end of DMarket Tokens Sale phase #2 as defined in the Whitepaper and on the Website."

So they didn't only change the sale policy AFTER the sale already started but now they are stating again something different than written in the updated policy.

We haven’t changed the terms of the sale after it has started, and we are not going to do that.
As we have faced incorrect interpretation of 3.7, we have added it with the information to make it more clear and transparent.     

According to the short version of 3.7.
“DMarket Tokens shall be sent to the User’s personal respective cryptocurrency wallet immediately upon DMarket Tokens payment”.

It means that: “The DMarket Tokens are added to your personal respective cryptocurrency wallet after we start processing payments of DMarket Tokens.”

Investors can see the exact amount of DMarket Tokens in the personal DMarket account right after the purchase.
To make it more clear and transparent we added information to 3.7.

The amount of DMarket Tokens to be provided to a User shall be specified in User’s Account on the Website upon completion of DMarket Tokens purchase by the User. The DMarket Tokens shall be sent to the User’s personal respective cryptocurrency wallet by the end of DMarket Tokens Sale phase #2 as defined in the White Paper and on the Website.

Our approach is based on security and transparency, and equal and clear conditions for all investors.

The original DMarket_tokens_sale_policy_EN.pdf file clearly stated that the token will be sent immediately after payment is received.
The updated DMarket_tokens_sale_policy_EN.pdf states tokens will be sent at the end of Phase 2.

Then you say you haven't changed the terms.
Manipulation will not help any community ever. Please don't write your own words, check the exact ones in agreements.
It was our mistake to have the policy written in a way, which brought some readers to misunderstanding. (Always blame lawyers rule actually works here Sad( )

Please, accept our apologies for this misunderstanding happened in the first place.

As we have faced incorrect interpretation of 3.7, we have added it with the information to make it more clear and transparent.
“DMarket Tokens shall be sent to the User’s personal respective cryptocurrency wallet immediately upon DMarket Tokens payment”.
It means that: “The DMarket Tokens are added to your personal respective cryptocurrency wallet after we start processing payments of DMarket Tokens.”

And here is what we added to updated version to avoid any confusions.

"The amount of DMarket Tokens to be provided to a User shall be specified in User’s
Account on the Website upon completion of DMarket Tokens purchase by the User. The
DMarket Tokens shall be sent to the User’s personal respective cryptocurrency wallet by the
end of DMarket Tokens Sale phase #2 as defined in the Whitepaper and on the Website."

Distribution after second Phase is the only safe, transparent and equal solution for every contributor of DMarket. We explained this in details couple of posts earlier - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2041720.msg21032494#msg21032494

D_market (OP)

We Make Virtual Assets Real

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 11:58:40 AM

Guys, if i right understood, first stage based on Ethereum network, and second stage in November based on dmarket-special-network (sth like that). Why you decided go this way? What is the difference and what is the profit for you and token holders from this way. I tried find out answer on this question in WP but not found (perhaps it my fault, please clarify this).
Hi mate, thank you for the question. ERC-20 tokens are used for their simplicity, widespread and easy to implement on the exchange. That is a safe and transparent method for our contributors on Token Sale. Actual project will run on own blockchain and ERC-20 tokens will be exchanged 1 to 1 on native coins after the launch. We are coding it on Exonum, which is perfect for all the features of the actual product and will help to shoot it to the moon asap. q1 2018 is the current launch date.

ViceOfBTC21

Activity: 438
Merit: 266

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 04:14:51 PM

Will it allow skins in CS 1.6 without Valve? If yes, then at least 90% CS:GOers go back to best 1.6. CS:GO is for kids and noobs, CS 1.6 is for pros.
Agro465

Activity: 165
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 05:44:20 PM

Hello. Can you tell me how exactly this runs when you have eth invested when I get the tokens? Thank you
CYPER

Activity: 812
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 05:55:16 PM

Interesting. Sale policy has been changed today, a day after start of ico sale. The mentioned paragraph has been changed now. Wow, changing the rules of the game when the game has already been started.

D_market, how would you explain this?
Changing the terms of the contract after investors have given you their money.

I only invested 10ETH, but I am completely disappointing by the lack of transparency and integrity this project is showing.

It's getting even worse. Now they state, that tokens are distributed 30-60 day AFTER second distribution phase ended (https://dmarketio.slack.com/archives/C65BE4X1T/p1503077355000541). The updated sale policy (https://dmarket.io/assets/documents/DMarket_tokens_sale_policy_EN.pdf) 3.7 reads now "3.7. The amount of DMarket Tokens to be provided to a User shall be specified in User’s Account on the Website upon completion of DMarket Tokens purchase by the User. The DMarket Tokens shall be sent to the User’s personal respective cryptocurrency wallet by the end of DMarket Tokens Sale phase #2 as defined in the Whitepaper and on the Website."

So they didn't only change the sale policy AFTER the sale already started but now they are stating again something different than written in the updated policy.

We haven’t changed the terms of the sale after it has started, and we are not going to do that.

Investors can see the exact amount of DMarket Tokens in the personal DMarket account right after the purchase.
To make it more clear and transparent we added information to 3.7.

The amount of DMarket Tokens to be provided to a User shall be specified in User’s Account on the Website upon completion of DMarket Tokens purchase by the User. The DMarket Tokens shall be sent to the User’s personal respective cryptocurrency wallet by the end of DMarket Tokens Sale phase #2 as defined in the White Paper and on the Website.

Our approach is based on security and transparency, and equal and clear conditions for all investors.

The original DMarket_tokens_sale_policy_EN.pdf file clearly stated that the token will be sent immediately after payment is received.
The updated DMarket_tokens_sale_policy_EN.pdf states tokens will be sent at the end of Phase 2.

Then you say you haven't changed the terms.
Manipulation will not help any community ever. Please don't write your own words, check the exact ones in agreements.
It was our mistake to have the policy written in a way, which brought some readers to misunderstanding. (Always blame lawyers rule actually works here Sad( )

Please, accept our apologies for this misunderstanding happened in the first place.

And here is what we added to updated version to avoid any confusions.

"The amount of DMarket Tokens to be provided to a User shall be specified in User’s
Account on the Website upon completion of DMarket Tokens purchase by the User. The
DMarket Tokens shall be sent to the User’s personal respective cryptocurrency wallet by the
end of DMarket Tokens Sale phase #2 as defined in the Whitepaper and on the Website."

Distribution after second Phase is the only safe, transparent and equal solution for every contributor of DMarket. We explained this in details couple of posts earlier - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2041720.msg21032494#msg21032494

Can you please provide the previous version of the agreement then?
hedgeh0g

Activity: 742
Merit: 576

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:00:49 PM

Is a partnership necessary for each game ?
We have to sign a partnership with each developer who wants to use our marketplace.
It is necessary because items that are traded or sold are their intellectual property.
Have you already formed a partnership with someone? With whom contact is already established and at what stage are your agreements?
This is a very important point, because the project is completely dependent on partnerships.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
cointalkingmachine

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:53:59 PM

Is a partnership necessary for each game ?
We have to sign a partnership with each developer who wants to use our marketplace.
It is necessary because items that are traded or sold are their intellectual property.
Have you already formed a partnership with someone? With whom contact is already established and at what stage are your agreements?
This is a very important point, because the project is completely dependent on partnerships.

The way I see it, there is nothing in the gaming industry that will ever come close to the level of man power and expertise like the DMarket team.

If this does not work then nothing will ever work. I can see a lot of independent developers using the DMarket ecosystem.

I know this is my first post and I most likely look like a shill or an alt account but meh, your post inspired me to stop lurking. 
Agro465

Activity: 165
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 10:14:15 PM

Hello. Can you tell me how exactly this runs when you have eth invested when I get the tokens? Thank you
CYPER

Activity: 812
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 01:18:28 AM

Hi! Thanks for the questions.
We don’t use the smart contract technology on the first stage. We have developed our own service which
allows us to process incoming transactions from different blockchains because smart contracts at Ethereum
can’t control transactions on bitcoin blockchain. The decision to develop our service can be supported by
the fact that the software used on the main computer has been developed for decades, while the Ethereum
smart contracts appeared only a couple years ago.
2. Our service is monitoring all incoming transactions to our accounts. The service accrues tokens to the
contributors’ accounts and saves this in the database according to the token sale policy, as described on our
landing page. The contributors can see the amount of accrued tokens on their profile pages. If a contributor
would like to check the accuracy of the token accrual, they can compare the correctness of the calculations
with the information from the blockchain. In this case, the blockchain is the source of the primary data.
4. The service described above also helps us check every transaction twice before sending the tokens and
therefore ensure the safety of gathered tokens. All transactions done by the rules of the service will be
taken into account in full.
5. At that, we are planning on using a simplified smart-contract based on the OpenZeppelin framework (see
GitHub V2) at the end of the second stage of the token sale, which will allow us to solve two main issues:
1) Implementation of the ERC20 interface, which will allow trading our tokens on the external stock
markets.
2) Accrual of the tokens bought by contributors to their wallets using the smart contract feature.
As a result, the combination of our service and smart contract technology of token sale will guarantee
simplicity, reliability, clarity, and safety of the contributions and token accrual to the personal wallets of
contributors.

1 - That makes no sense. You can still use a smart contract for the Ether payments and your own system for the BTC payments. The benefit for your investors is that with a smart contract your tokens will be automatically and certainly distributed, while with your approach there is only a promise and nothing else. The whole point of using a smart contract is to avoid the middle man, which is you. You offer a project based on the Ethereum network, yet you don't use the one benefit it provides. That is counter-intuitive and can be interpreted as a possibility to scam.
2 - The blockchain only shows how much Ether you have received from each investor. No tokens exist yet, so the balance on your website is purely cosmetic.
4 - How can you possible believe that your manual approach is more secure than an automated contract? You are basically denying the underlying principle behind the Ethereum network.

1) Our token sale is currently available for two currencies, and we are going to add more options to choose from for the second round. A smart contract doesn’t allow to work directly with other blockchains. As we’ve already noted, it can include only one cryptocurrency. In this case, ETH. Unfortunately, not all of the investors are working with Ether. Those, who prefer other options, have to search for a way to transfer their coins to Ether, create an Ethereum wallet and invest in the ICO. We believe that all the investors should have equal opportunities.
We decided on the current method based on a unified approach for every customer and the simplicity of the investment process.
Unfortunately, even the smart contract doesn’t eliminate the possibility of fraud or scammers. Moreover, recently there were safety concerns with the usage of smart contracts.
2) You can use other sources - they will show you the same numbers. Calling it “cosmetic” equals to calling every blockchain transaction “cosmetic” as there is no access to the account.
3) As the recent months demonstrated both smart contract and multisignature wallets do not guarantee complete security.  It all depends on who writes the code. We are creating safe and secure code for DMarket marketplace. As the Ethereum smart contract won’t be driving the marketplace, we’ve chosen the simplest and the safest way for token distribution during the token sale.

1 - Your current sale is no different to what you are describing. You currently use 2 currencies (ETH + BTC) and 2 blockchains. If you used a Smart Contract you would still use 2 currencies (ETH + BTC) and 2 blockchains. There is no difference, apart from more security for you investors when using a Smart Contract, because then the token release is automatic. Now every investor has to trust you, that you will do as promised. This is the exact opposite of what the Smart contracts was designed for. And your point about fraud is equally relevant with or without Smart contracts. Actually it is more likely without a Smart Contract.
2 - I am not arguing over the existence of all investors' ether transactions. My point is that no tokens has been created. Please explain to me what Your token balance: XXXX means exactly. What tokens are these?
3 - You will be using ERC-20 tokens, but you won't be using a Smart Contract?
niksdt101

Activity: 803
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 02:18:42 AM

@dev n team can i send BTC from bittrex ?? if yes where will i receive my Dmarket tokens 
first.down

Activity: 52

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 07:40:59 AM

Please check my contribution with BTC , my account is:
trandinhcuong@gmail.com
my transaction Id (14 confirmation already):
2d10abdaadecb48f06945deda01dc77e13aaa76cd203085e07d54f243b6f270f
unique BTC address Dmarket create for my contribution:
1GvgrRAKLVZnwJi8MC5c3gaeu5F9z7xXoM

In Dmarkket.IO website, I see my contribution is still zero
cubradford

Activity: 55

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 08:20:05 AM

I’ve invested 12 BTC in this project, and it was clear for me that they distribute their tokens after the phase 2. It is also based on logic as you still can’t use tokens before they are listed on stock exchange. And it will happen in 30-60 days after the end of the token sale phase 2.
Frankly, I don’t see any scam here. It’s an exaggeration dude.

Tokens primary purpose are not to be listed or traded, but used. Speculation and ROI is why we are here, but the core idea behind them is not that. If I understand correctly these are ERC-20 tokens, that are created via a smart contract, yet the smart contract doesn't exist yet and the tokens do no exist yet.

Have you read the whitepaper? The project says to go live in q1 2018, they will be using own blockchain and tokens, no etherium (thanks god). As I am definitely a believer that's the key point for me to wait.
lkbtc

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 10:35:41 AM

Can i translate to Vietnamese sir?

Bạn cũng là ngừoi Việt NAm à Cheesy
akanni6sage

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 11:06:57 AM

Is there no 2FA for the website?Huh
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: