Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:06:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔥⭐[ANN] WiC|Monetizing WiFi Sharing| ⭐🔥 App Launched! 🔥⭐  (Read 146261 times)
crsbee

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 10:12:12 PM

Sorry if I missed this but how will you put wic on the gift cards when all is distributed during the token sale?

Reserved for Token Sale: 90%
Reserved for In App Distribution: 5%
Reserved for the Team: 3%
Reserved for Bounties: 2%

Would you take it from the 5% or would you constantly buy back wic in order to be able to sell the gift cards? Also how would this work concerning the high volatility of crypto currencies?
Would you basically make wic from giftcards very expensive? (like lets say if the current exchange price is 1$ = 1 wic and you would then sell gift cards with 10 wic for 20$?)

Hey, let me try to explain how it will work:

We will not be buying back WiC or funding the reloadable cards with the 5% which is reserved solely for in-app distribution.

The customer who wants to buy a reloadable card will pay in fiat and the seller of the cards will buy the exact amount of WiC at that moment's price and forward it to the customer. So that means the seller will not have pre-bought WiC but will buy as per the customer demands.

Hope that clarifies it. If there is any further questions, feel free to ask me.

Thanks!

Cool, thank you for the clarification!
I think the idea is good because it bases the wic/fiat exchange purely on the market.

The only doubt I would have is regarding the simplicity. As far as I understand, other giftcards already contain a code or similar which often needs to be scratched off and then have a fixed amount of something (e.g. "itunes money") on it.
If I understand your approach correctly now, users can buy wallets on plastic cards and retailers need some sort of terminal in order to load them up with wic. In order to make this work in a bulletproof way I am guessing that you would need provide hardware with pre-installed software to the retailer which would connect to a service you are hosting which allows for quick and easy loading up of the cards using best market conditions. Would that assumption be correct or do you have other plans (like e.g. only having wic cards available at specially trained retailers)?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lambo06 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 10:23:34 PM

Sorry if I missed this but how will you put wic on the gift cards when all is distributed during the token sale?

Would you take it from the 5% or would you constantly buy back wic in order to be able to sell the gift cards? Also how would this work concerning the high volatility of crypto currencies?
Would you basically make wic from giftcards very expensive? (like lets say if the current exchange price is 1$ = 1 wic and you would then sell gift cards with 10 wic for 20$?)

We will not be buying back WiC or funding the reloadable cards with the 5% which is reserved solely for in-app distribution.

The customer who wants to buy a reloadable card will pay in fiat and the seller of the cards will buy the exact amount of WiC at that moment's price and forward it to the customer. So that means the seller will not have pre-bought WiC but will buy as per the customer demands.

Thanks!

I think the idea is good because it bases the wic/fiat exchange purely on the market.

The only doubt I would have is regarding the simplicity. As far as I understand, other giftcards already contain a code or similar which often needs to be scratched off and then have a fixed amount of something (e.g. "itunes money") on it.
If I understand your approach correctly now, users can buy wallets on plastic cards and retailers need some sort of terminal in order to load them up with wic. In order to make this work in a bulletproof way I am guessing that you would need provide hardware with pre-installed software to the retailer which would connect to a service you are hosting which allows for quick and easy loading up of the cards using best market conditions. Would that assumption be correct or do you have other plans (like e.g. only having wic cards available at specially trained retailers)?

Having a special hardware terminal will be quite expensive especially if we have to deliver it to thousands of stores across the world. An easier way would be to train them or give manuals on how to buy WiC and load it on to the cards.

You must have heard of paper wallets right? Gift cards can essentially have the same concept as in the public key will be open and used by the retailers to load up the desired amount of WiC and the private key will have to be scratched off by the consumer.

This is not set in stone though and we might have improvements and changes when we are closer on implementing this.

Thanks!
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:05:48 PM

I think it will do the project much better if there was an online method to add WiC credit rather than having to physically travel to a retailer. The whole idea behind WiC is convenience of easily being to find a wifi hotspot around your area. If they have to now find a retailer that sells gift cards, it ruins the experience. I think a easy online method of buying credit is absolutely crucial for the success of WiC

Hey, the reloadable cards is just one of the many ways users will be able to purchase WiC. Users will definitely be able to transfer it online as well. We also plan to have credit/debit card payments and shapeshift integrated into the app for convenience purposes.

Thanks!
crsbee

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:17:41 PM

Thanks!

Having a special hardware terminal will be quite expensive especially if we have to deliver it to thousands of stores across the world. An easier way would be to train them or give manuals on how to buy WiC and load it on to the cards.

You must have heard of paper wallets right? Gift cards can essentially have the same concept as in the public key will be open and used by the retailers to load up the desired amount of WiC and the private key will have to be scratched off by the consumer.

This is not set in stone though and we might have improvements and changes when we are closer on implementing this.

Thanks!

Thank you for the insights!
Knowing some parts of the retail industry it is hard for me to imagine that most of the people there will be able to handle crypto currencies. Maybe if you don't provide any hardware but if you provide the software as a service for all the retailers that might work. I would imagine that no retailer needs to register at some exchange but that instead they will get a login for your trading portal and you will buy the wic at the various exchanges for them in the background for the best conditions.

To have gift card paper wallets in general is a cool idea in my opinion!
Onix

Activity: 500
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:58:58 PM

Ico soon end what more that
francism

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:24:06 AM

This is how I imagine the perfect user experience:
You transfer fiat money to your WiC App Account. If you then find use another wifi, the amount of money you have to pay will be be calculated after you are done and disconnected again. Your fiat money will now be shapeshifted to WiC and transfered to the person who provided the wifi.
But people will also use the wifi just for short periods of time, what will lead to microtransactions. How high are the transaction costs in WiC? As far as I know there is only IOTA by now realizing real microtransactions because it has no fees. How will you solve this problem?

I think they won't be able to solve it, ethereum base tokens tend have higher fees in order to execute a single transaction. It would be very costly for most users who will buy a wifi connection just for a short amount of time.  
anafiene

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 04:33:29 AM

You transfer fiat money to your WiC App Account. If you then find use another wifi, the amount of money you have to pay will be be calculated after you are done and disconnected again. Your fiat money will now be shapeshifted to WiC and transfered to the person who provided the wifi.
But people will also use the wifi just for short periods of time, what will lead to microtransactions. How high are the transaction costs in WiC? As far as I know there is only IOTA by now realizing real microtransactions because it has no fees. How will you solve this problem?

I think they won't be able to solve it, ethereum base tokens tend have higher fees in order to execute a single transaction. It would be very costly for most users who will buy a wifi connection just for a short amount of time.  
Well, I really doubt that people will use the app it if this won't be solved. Nobody would pay like 1$ fees to pay a wifi bill of a few cents. Why did devs not choose to build their token on top of the iota network? The no fee feature would be perfect for this project/app. But maybe I am missing something here, hope devs have thought about this.
I agree though there are fiktur perfect for the project/application wic but very expensive for most users. I also have yet to see the latest developments of this project. Hopefully the dev team can work with nice in order for tomorow achieve success.

sammrheza

Activity: 448
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 04:46:51 AM

really,  if dev can solve all problem wic will be huge as airbnb or uber , good luck dev  Grin
assa12

Activity: 25

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 06:48:57 AM

Why the exchange livecoin again added 2500000 coins for 382?This is a Scam?
amacar1

Activity: 707
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 07:15:57 AM

They transfer it from market WIC-ETH, because stage 1 was already sold in WIC-BTC but there were still coins in stage 1 in market WIC-ETH. So no, this isn't scam.
xpzycox

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

🎖️ DeepOnion 🎖️

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 07:21:14 AM

Man... I bet the people who purchased the 206,566.XXX coins at stage 2 BTC rate arent too happy  Huh Good to see movement regardless. I'm really worried about a quick dump off though.. All of those who bought in presale will have our coins in ether wallet while others will have readily accessible in livecoin... just a thought but if it starts to dump a good sell from stage 1 to whatever it sells at and a rebuy would be nice  Cheesy just our coins aren't already on the exchange and would take some time to get there... We shall see, I dont want a dump I want it to continue to rise Smiley

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    OWN YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Own ONION  (✔Exchanges  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:56:24 AM

Well, I really doubt that people will use the app it if this won't be solved. Nobody would pay like 1$ fees to pay a wifi bill of a few cents. Why did devs not choose to build their token on top of the iota network? The no fee feature would be perfect for this project/app. But maybe I am missing something here, hope devs have thought about this.
I agree though there are fiktur perfect for the project/application wic but very expensive for most users. I also have yet to see the latest developments of this project. Hopefully the dev team can work with nice in order for tomorow achieve success.

Hey, yes there is a little issue with the fees but it is usually less than a dollar. I understand it is still not 0 but that is something dependent on the network and we cannot really control it.

Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:57:23 AM

They transfer it from market WIC-ETH, because stage 1 was already sold in WIC-BTC but there were still coins in stage 1 in market WIC-ETH. So no, this isn't scam.

That is right. Livecoin transferred coins from the ETH market since the BTC/WiC stage 1 was sold out.
Stroto

Activity: 449
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:07:04 PM

That is right. Livecoin transferred coins from the ETH market since the BTC/WiC stage 1 was sold out.

ETH/WIC stage 1 is sold out now  Grin
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:10:25 PM

IMPORTANT:

A lot of users have been messaging us asking to reduce the Token Sale time a little so that their WiC tokens are not locked in for so much time. Some presale participants were under the impression that they will get the tokens after the end of the presale itself but we cannot do that since that will encourage OTC trading and have a negative effect on the Token Sale.

We could reduce the Token Sale time however ending it around the 15th-20th September if that is what the majority of the community wants. Please let us know what you think!

Thanks!
mlindjo

Activity: 616
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:32:19 PM

it's better to distribute the token when the ICO ends.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄       
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████   
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████   
  █████████████████████   
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████     
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:36:35 PM

it's better to distribute the token when the ICO ends.

Yes that is what we are doing. Won't be distributing before the token sale ends. Just want to know if the community wants it to end sooner. We have posted this poll on telegram too and as of now 80% have voted in favor of reducing the time.
Retired

Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 01:50:51 PM

What time reduction are we talking about?
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:59:40 PM

What time reduction are we talking about?

Reduction in the Token Sale duration. Please check: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2043933.msg21499527#msg21499527

Thanks!
Stroto

Activity: 449
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 02:05:28 PM

IMPORTANT:

A lot of users have been messaging us asking to reduce the Token Sale time a little so that their WiC tokens are not locked in for so much time. Some presale participants were under the impression that they will get the tokens after the end of the presale itself but we cannot do that since that will encourage OTC trading and have a negative effect on the Token Sale.

We could reduce the Token Sale time however ending it around the 15th-20th September if that is what the majority of the community wants. Please let us know what you think!

Thanks!

I am ok with speeding things up a bit.
As around 29 mil WiC are left, it would mean that 71 mil  + 29 mil * 0.5 =  84.5 mil WiCs would be distributed.
I know it would be less funding at the start but the sooner the app gets live the better.

But I've read somewhere you had some marketing in the works that would happen during the ICO to attract more investors. (can't find it now) Would that still be in time to reach more investors before an early closure?
And of the tokens you get back (the 50% of unsold) what are your plans for those? Are you going to sell them on the market or keep them for a while and use for the gift cards? I am sure you had a plan for when you would not sell out.

Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: