Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:31:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Antshares/ NEO [NEO]  (Read 102785 times)
johngoodmanbtc

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 07:06:46 PM

Just bought some NEO last night. I was thrilled when I woke up!  Undecided

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 07:16:36 PM

For those affected by the upcoming Antshares web wallet shutdown, go to https://neo.org/download and download a web wallet app.
NEON is the easiest and fastest to use though it is technically a 3rd-party app supported by NEO.
NEO-GUI is the official app though it has several issues such as being slow AF and claiming GAS involves having to send your NEO to yourself in order to unlock them. Also, you DO NOT have to transfer your NEO to a new address.
You just have to import your address information using your private key.

Ty for this. Questions from a complete neo n00b:

1. neon wallet, I can claim GAS... I can do this at any time? Any advantage/disadvantage to claiming it when it says I can claim?

2. what is GAS? Is it worth anything to me?

Gas is basically the price you pay to make sure your transactions go as fast as they do in the neo network (or eth network). It's quite valuable, and will only go up in value as the neo/eth networks get more volume.

You shouldn't claim your gas right now, but hold it. Depending on how much neo you hold, your wallet will generate gas. My estimate is that you earn 1 GAS a month for every 100 neo you own. Let's say you hold 50 neo in your wallet. This means in 10 years you'll have generated 60 gas. Given that the gas prices will only go up (as a result of the expansion of crypto itself and the inevitable rise in volume on the neo network), you can be sure each GAS is worth over 100$, so you'll have made 6000$ by doing absolutely nothing.

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
ModFather

Activity: 43

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:03:57 PM

For those affected by the upcoming Antshares web wallet shutdown, go to https://neo.org/download and download a web wallet app.
NEON is the easiest and fastest to use though it is technically a 3rd-party app supported by NEO.
NEO-GUI is the official app though it has several issues such as being slow AF and claiming GAS involves having to send your NEO to yourself in order to unlock them. Also, you DO NOT have to transfer your NEO to a new address.

1. neon wallet, I can claim GAS... I can do this at any time? Any advantage/disadvantage to claiming it when it says I can claim?

Gas is basically the price you pay to make sure your transactions go as fast as they do in the neo network (or eth network). It's quite valuable, and will only go up in value as the neo/eth networks get more volume.

You shouldn't claim your gas right now, but hold it. Depending on how much neo you hold, your wallet will generate gas. My estimate is that you earn 1 GAS a month for every 100 neo you own. Let's say you hold 50 neo in your wallet. This means in 10 years you'll have generated 60 gas. Given that the gas prices will only go up (as a result of the expansion of crypto itself and the inevitable rise in volume on the neo network), you can be sure each GAS is worth over 100$, so you'll have made 6000$ by doing absolutely nothing.

Thanks, that's very helpful Smiley 

1. If I claim the GAS though, doesn't that mean I hold the same amount of GAS whether I claim as I go along anyway, and as long as I don't sell it, it'll accrue the same monetary value?

2. And, the GAS earned is a separate thing to http://neocoins.net/index.php and staking, correct/incorrect? 

3. If I accrue say 5 GAS, I can keep those and sell NEO should I want to, without losing my GAS - correct/incorrect?
Nebell

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:17:01 PM

I can tell you that 10 years from now I won't hold any of my NEO. I'm not interested in just watching it grow (IF). At one point in time, I'm going to cash in. And even if I do it now at $32/NEO, I will still gain 5x profit. I am good with that. But, I have no need for that money now, but I'm pretty sure that I won't have any in a year.

BitcoinZ - community driven, no premine, no dev-tax, developers always welcome
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3086664
https://btcz.rocks/
Bananadoodle

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:39:49 PM

Perfect time to top off with the FUD re china being banned for ICOs, topped off my NEO coins Smiley

Still confident those with VPNs will get around but this just seems that
Much more promising knowing once the ICO hits the market china will be all over it
psiksenz

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:07:27 PM

Well I don't think I'll let this stop me investing in the ICO, got to be worth a punt Wink

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 11:06:09 PM

I can tell you that 10 years from now I won't hold any of my NEO. I'm not interested in just watching it grow (IF). At one point in time, I'm going to cash in. And even if I do it now at $32/NEO, I will still gain 5x profit. I am good with that. But, I have no need for that money now, but I'm pretty sure that I won't have any in a year.

That was just an example, the only coin I invest in for the really long haul is IOTA, I expect NEO to reach 500$ within 3 - 5 years.

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
r0bb0

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:54:58 AM

Well I don't think I'll let this stop me investing in the ICO, got to be worth a punt Wink

Its made me think twice, i'm not sure if i'm in or out right now Undecided
thangoffshore

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:15:43 AM

Nothing was confirmed yet, just the news on possibility of banning ICOs from Chinese government.

Most ICOs don't allow U.S. citizens to attend, or at least they disclaim that. Do you really think it stopped U.S. citizens to involve in? Hell no.

r0bb0

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:27:19 AM

Nothing was confirmed yet, just the news on possibility of banning ICOs from Chinese government.

Most ICOs don't allow U.S. citizens to attend, or at least they disclaim that. Do you really think it stopped U.S. citizens to involve in? Hell no.

Theres a difference between an American using a VPN and buying them anyway where i) the buyer knows he/she won't get in any trouble and ii) the seller has plausible deniability and a Chinese person buying them off a Chinese exchange in a country with heavily regulated internet.

You're right though nothing has been confirmed, I've been with Antshares since 2.20 so I hope this isn't the end
CoinratZ

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:56:00 AM

Price still declining, thinking about buying some more.. Big chance it will bounce back on friday the 1st of september.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:47:07 AM

Price still declining, thinking about buying some more.. Big chance it will bounce back on friday the 1st of september.

What will happen on friday the 1. september?
Nothing will happen on September 1 as the ghost month continues until September 19 so son't expect to much pump on NEO. I already dropped my bag of NEO as I am already losing everyday. I can use that money invested in NE with something else that can help me earn and gain back what I have lost with NEO. But dont get me wrong, NEO is a good investment if you are willing to wait, I believe after the ghost month, price of NEO will recover.
CoinratZ

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 08:19:03 AM

Nothing will happen on September 1 as the ghost month continues until September 19 so son't expect to much pump on NEO. I already dropped my bag of NEO as I am already losing everyday. I can use that money invested in NE with something else that can help me earn and gain back what I have lost with NEO. But dont get me wrong, NEO is a good investment if you are willing to wait, I believe after the ghost month, price of NEO will recover.

Do you think this ghost month has such an big influence on the market?

Isn't that just a traditional thing which most people there celebrate but they don't really care about and keep investing? Do you made any experiences in the last years with this ghost month?

Ghost month is BS. Events that will influence the price for sure, despite China's plan to crack down ICO's:

1st September, 2017 (2:00 UTC):
   ALIS ICO
   Notes: tokensale on NEO is planned, please wait for further information.
   Source: https://alismedia.jp/

2nd-3rd September, 2017:
   DACA International Blockchain Summit Beijing
   Da Hongfei is attending as speaker
   Source: http://www.huodongxing.com/event/8399232029800?coupon=Kmz4Z68

10th September, 2017 (13:00 GMT):
   Red Pulse ICO (Despite all the BS news)
   Source: https://coin.red-pulse.com/#ico

27th September, 2017 (18.30 GMT+1):
   First London NEO Developer Meetup!
   https://www.meetup.com/de-DE/London-NEO-Meetup/events/242798070/

My advice: Buy some, don't miss out this train!
r0bb0

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 08:26:17 AM

I agree with you on that, it will drop and drop hard in the short term imo. Could still be good in the medium to long term though.
CoinratZ

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 08:33:43 AM

I agree with you on that, it will drop and drop hard in the short term imo. Could still be good in the medium to long term though.

I'll keep buying more, more and more. Keep up the FUD and make me happy.
r0bb0

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 09:22:30 AM

I'll keep buying more, more and more. Keep up the FUD and make me happy.

No need for fud when its dropped 50% over the last 2 weeks. I've been with ans since 2.20 and hopefully i'll get back on the train but until this is sorted its going to be an uncertain time
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1038
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 09:25:18 AM

Why is that we can buy NEO in decimal places but can only send them to our wallet in whole numbers from an exchanges.
Is it set by NEO or the exchanges?
Rosam

Activity: 257
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 09:27:33 AM

That's the way Neo wallets work. Nothing to do with the exchange. So you have to send N Neo + fees otherwise you lose the decimals when it lends on your wallet

nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 09:34:12 AM

Do you think this ghost month has such an big influence on the market?

Isn't that just a traditional thing which most people there celebrate but they don't really care about and keep investing? Do you made any experiences in the last years with this ghost month?
Nope, no experience last year with ghost month since NEO got my attention only this year, and some are saying its the Chinese investors are the one who are pumping this token. Now that its the ghost month and Chinese have this superstition not to engage in any major business decision or they might fail. There's an article in Cointelegraph about it cointelegraph.com/news/east-asias-ghost-month-scare-may-explain-flat-trading-in-certain-altcoins
wasif11

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:04:36 PM

TO ALL,
Just Believe Me, Might not be in 1 month or 1 Year but NEO will be definetly Challenging ETH oneday.
 I will keep my Eye open Looking Forward to See that. One DESTROYING WARRIOR with Great Qualities is NEO. If you did underestimate it. it's ok, Fine....But i am not going to give up for Sure.
 As i earlier informed that I Don't Care NEO is Dropping to 0. 3 USD or BTC is going to Pluto. I ain't going to sell my NEO......
I just have a feeling that i can't buy more.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: