Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:51:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Antshares/ NEO [NEO]  (Read 102788 times)
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 10:04:52 PM

Also neo crew seems heavily connected with China com party so they are probably backed by government

They are not exactly backed by government. But there's Onechain company that was cofounded by founders of NEO. And Onechain cofounded another company in cooperation with the goverment. And that company works on some other blockchain in cooperation with the government.

At least that's how one of founders of NEO explains in this interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA5X69YY3yY
at about 9:45, but I'd recommend watching whole video. It's not long and I he tells some interesting information.

I hear in China VIP connections are very important. Even if NEO's not backed by government it might help a lot the founders have good relations with the government. But I doubt things happening in China have to do anything with preparations to make the NEO only legal blockchain as some people speculate. I think it had more to do with making a sale for wales so they could enter the market at cheap prices.

And it doesn't really make sense NEO price suffered the most in last month just because it's Chinese. The fact is there's really nothing about banning ICO's or closing Chinese exchanges that would affect NEO more than any other crypto. Because founders have good realtions with the government I would expect NEO price to suffer the least. But no, panic sellers read titles China bans something and instead of reading the news, they were sure China will ban all crypto so they dumped NEO without even thinking.

a lot of speculative value was placed upon neo because people expected all chinese ICO's to be funded with it. It has other benefits, definitely, but this was one of the biggest, so the ban did have a lot of effect on it

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
iopinion

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 11:21:22 PM

Tomorrow is the Red Pulse ICO. We can already see Neo in an uptrend due to that. After the ICO, sky is the limit for Neo. Soon it will be there at its ATH.
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 11:36:09 PM

Can i ask you about the best light wallet to the neo? I already found some wallet but i can't choose the best to store my neo in the wallet to receive the gas emission from the neo platform.
I need the wallet that doesn't require a lot of the room.

Use Neon wallet...from CityOfZion

https://github.com/CityOfZion/neon-wallet/releases
aywin

Activity: 40

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:28:26 AM

a lot of speculative value was placed upon neo because people expected all chinese ICO's to be funded with it. It has other benefits, definitely, but this was one of the biggest, so the ban did have a lot of effect on it

But there was no good reason to believe all Chinese ICO's would use NEO just because it was Chinese. Any ICO chooses the platform it finds most suitable for it's needs. So any Chinese ICO could choose other platform like Ethereum for example, and ICO's all around the world would choose NEO if they found it the most suitable. It has absolutely nothing to do with nationality of team behind the platform.

And the main purpose of NEO or any other platform isn't hosting ICO's anyway. They can do that, but that's just very minor part of what they're designed for. For example Adex is not Chinese, but they decided to switch from Ethereum to NEO, because they found it more suitable platform for their project, that would allow them to meat the deadlines ahead of their road map. And in future more projects might decide to switch to NEO if Adex prooves it's really faster to develop projects on NEO than on Ethereum. I think long term success of NEO doesn't depend on ICO's at all.
MiBambino

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:06:14 PM

But there was no good reason to believe all Chinese ICO's would use NEO just because it was Chinese. Any ICO chooses the platform it finds most suitable for it's needs. So any Chinese ICO could choose other platform like Ethereum for example, and ICO's all around the world would choose NEO if they found it the most suitable. It has absolutely nothing to do with nationality of team behind the platform.

And the main purpose of NEO or any other platform isn't hosting ICO's anyway. They can do that, but that's just very minor part of what they're designed for. For example Adex is not Chinese, but they decided to switch from Ethereum to NEO, because they found it more suitable platform for their project, that would allow them to meat the deadlines ahead of their road map. And in future more projects might decide to switch to NEO if Adex prooves it's really faster to develop projects on NEO than on Ethereum. I think long term success of NEO doesn't depend on ICO's at all.

Well as you know the Chinese prefer asian tech over western tech, so neo has its advantage over eth. Either way I think both projects will go far even if none of them will fund ICO's in the future

imusify
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

Explainer
Video
thangoffshore

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:23:13 PM

Do you guys attend the RPX ICO. Nearly 20 mins after ICO start, and 67% hard cap has reached. What a wild ride.

MiBambino

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:32:53 PM

Do you guys attend the RPX ICO. Nearly 20 mins after ICO start, and 67% hard cap has reached. What a wild ride.

I got my RPX yes!

imusify
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

Explainer
Video
d0r10n

Activity: 217
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:04:50 PM

I missed RPX caus my Neo Gui was wracked and not working, Sad Oh well, at least Neo is up above $30, lets hope for triple digits so I can sell!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ░░▓▓ AXE Coin ▓▓░░   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  
Masternodes › › ›   ░░▓▓▓▓░░   ‹ ‹ ‹  X11 Algo
DecentralizedACTIVE GITHUBAnonymous
Sikka157 (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:11:48 PM

I missed RPX caus my Neo Gui was wracked and not working, Sad Oh well, at least Neo is up above $30, lets hope for triple digits so I can sell!

I am sorry you missed out on the RPX ico. Neo-gui wallet was too complicated.

But they updated the Neon wallet at the last minute and everyone was able to use Neon wallet for the ico. i also used it to participate.
Knepala

Activity: 504
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:36:27 AM

I am sorry you missed out on the RPX ico. Neo-gui wallet was too complicated.

But they updated the Neon wallet at the last minute and everyone was able to use Neon wallet for the ico. i also used it to participate.

Do you think so? It was extremely simple to do the ICO with the NEO gui in my opinion. What exactly did you find troublesome about it?

Alcarin

Activity: 144
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:45:02 AM

Better dump this coin NEO.

CEO of NEO was advisor for RPX sale that made fraud either on purpose or due to incompetent team of devs who themselves could not figure out how smart contract works! And as result 3.200+ people need to get their NEO MANUALLY refunded in year 2017!

Remember... CEO of NEO was their advisor, to make it run smooth... I guess he himself does not know how his own coin and platform work... Brilliant and congratulation!

Very happy if you use my ref link:
Kuccoin: https://www.kucoin.com/#/?r=E3I9Ij
MiBambino

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:38:31 AM

CEO of NEO was advisor for RPX sale that made fraud either on purpose or due to incompetent team of devs who themselves could not figure out how smart contract works! And as result 3.200+ people need to get their NEO MANUALLY refunded in year 2017!

Remember... CEO of NEO was their advisor, to make it run smooth... I guess he himself does not know how his own coin and platform work... Brilliant and congratulation!

shit happens, it's an ambitious project and obviously some things went wrong, doesn't make neo/rpx a bad coin

imusify
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

Explainer
Video
Poink

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:03:15 PM

shit happens, it's an ambitious project and obviously some things went wrong, doesn't make neo/rpx a bad coin

The reason many people are mad is because it is a GOOD coin and they failed to get what they deserved/wanted because of inconsistencies of the ICO team.  Others benefited because of the fumble and they will support the team for it.

Bottom line the 2nd hour debacle wasn't handled fairly.  All-in-all the ICO went okay...but could have been much better.
HG2000116609

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:49:48 PM

Why NEO dropped suddenly? Anyway, Im a newbie. Is it a good time to buy?
Poink

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:15:38 PM

Why NEO dropped suddenly? Anyway, Im a newbie. Is it a good time to buy?

Almost all altcoins are dropping because people are selling to get BTC in preparation for the upcoming fork.

If I am you, I'd keep my BTC in private wallet (to get dual coin after) as most are doing now...then buy alts after the fork.
Kenny001

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:47:15 PM

It is a good time to buy any solid altcoin to make 20% profit than u can switch back to btc
dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:21:23 PM

HG2000116609, It did have a drop, but nothing special, take a look at the trend, not the jump. Currently it is on the rise and I think it will be for middle term (will continue right after the fork).
The problem with NEO is that it was a star on the rise and then the ICO ban happened from which NEO suffered the most, being the China coin. But since the drop was created due to the panic and nothing fundamental, now it is rising again.

Moon_San

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:39:43 PM

So RPX was the first ICO on NEO? Any new projects coming in short term? I was pretty surprised because of recent drop in price of NEO (almost sold everything in panic).
HG2000116609

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:06:27 PM

I already lost tremendous amount on NEO due to panic buying/selling. I dont want to do the same mistake. Being a newbie on this, i still need to learn a lot about this game. I guess, ill just leave what i currently have for NEO. And will buy more bitcoin instead? But the price is getting higher and higher for bitcoin. still a good time to buy?
MiBambino

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:53:38 PM

The reason many people are mad is because it is a GOOD coin and they failed to get what they deserved/wanted because of inconsistencies of the ICO team.  Others benefited because of the fumble and they will support the team for it.

Bottom line the 2nd hour debacle wasn't handled fairly.  All-in-all the ICO went okay...but could have been much better.

true

imusify
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

Explainer
Video
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: