Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:45:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you invest in ICOs?  (Read 8110 times)
Nilima-Temp

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:07:12 AM

cause It is Potential, but need to choose perfect ICO.
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:11:40 AM

Social.nexus is promising ICOs. The project is live, so the coin will have more value than ICOs with undefined project. There are many ICOs don't have real project. Or the project next in 2019 or 2020. It take to much time to hold the coin. The coin will slowly forgoten and the price will be down.
CraigWrightBTC

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:44:30 AM

Yes invest in the ICOs has potential to grow up numbers of investment, but it has potential to lost the money in the ICOs too,  Grin
I am sure there are perfect ICO because in all of the ICOs projects always there are a little weakness must be fixed by developers and comunity in the future even bitcoins its self still has block size problem, we must choose the ICOs just has a little weakness on the projects.
ybsok

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:37:45 AM

An unregulated means by which funds are raised for a new cryptocurrency venture. An Initial Coin Offering (ICO) is used by startups to bypass the rigorous and regulated capital-raising process required by venture capitalists or banks. In an ICO campaign, a percentage of the cryptocurrency is sold to early backers of the project in exchange for legal tender or other cryptocurrencies, but usually for Bitcoin.

Cheburekus

Activity: 490
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 02:45:35 PM

Some of ICO's really look like a way to get easy money. But there're many companies that try to make something worthwhile.  And people just want to help to develop such projects by participating in ICO
project_circle

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:41:36 AM

This is an interesting question, due to us having test marketed 2 years in Asian countries on people's awareness and interest in blockchain/crypto industry.

Certainly, most of the people are here for the money (investment opportunity) . There are small number of people who simply believes in the future and are in love with these technology. Even smaller group of people are cherishing them for the faster, cheaper and safer transactions.

As there are countless cryptos now, most of people who are here for the investing purposes are just seeking for the potential market hoping to get larger return from their original investment. Talking of ICOs, if there are 10 projects that you think is legit, you might invest small amount for all of them, instead of investing all in one project being afraid of losing your funds for project failing.

Technology isn't so much important now, how secure it is, how fast it is, which blockchain it uses, etc, for that being replaced by new tech everyday. We believe before all countries start passing serious regulations on ICO industry, the only projects that will really succeed are those who are trying to provide and impact a new concept or entertainment related to our everyday life.
But for now, all the new users to this industry will simply be fascinated by whichever projects and website that they see, so this is indeed unfortunate that many scam project collects funds and just vanish : (
Lady Coquet

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:52:13 PM

Hi,
this thread I want to ask you: Why do you, if you do, invest in ICOs?
I see horrible huge amounts of money going to those. What do investors think to get in return?
Mostly it's the same case: ICO starts, much money comes in, you get the coins.
But what if those coins do not get back the initial worth?
Or do you invest because of other reasons?

For example (disclaimer: this is NOT hate!):
Why did trueflip.io get over $4,7 Million?

Thank you for answers!
Well in my own opinion, every investment always take a risk so an investor when he/she invest. First, he/she should know every informations or vission and mission about the coin in ico's. Second, if it can be trusted and lastly, if the coin has a good fortune.
coinfinder000

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

Swipe

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:23:51 PM

Surely for quick money , buy if you are a patient person, I suppose you don't involved with ICOs, too much risks here.Like scam, hack, dev ran away...

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
Jeger.Kiting

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:06:26 PM

Surely for quick money , buy if you are a patient person, I suppose you don't involved with ICOs, too much risks here.Like scam, hack, dev ran away...

I think not all ICO projects are like you mean, as long as we can be careful and look into how they make it, if with your thoroughness to see the details I'm sure you will not get ICO projects scam, hack, or their other reasons to invest Inside.
Denies

Activity: 532
Merit: 170

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:10:34 PM

If not for profit for what else? I think we agree. As we all expect in ico project is success and success. And we are in the favor of that.
BitFarmer75

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:44:03 PM

ico's is like gambling. you can win big, but I would put a little bit on the ones you like. I mean a little bit.
cryptedlife

Activity: 71
Merit: 11

BlockStarter team

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 07:21:55 PM

ico's is like gambling. you can win big, but I would put a little bit on the ones you like. I mean a little bit.
Sounds like an idea for a spinner game:
  • you put some money on deposit
  • spin a wheel with hundreds of ICOs
  • and some part of your money gets invested into randomly picked ICO

Something like this but with different ICOs:
http://wheel-of-names.appspot.com/static/index.html

BlockStarter - a platform for launching ICO campaigns
aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 05:11:55 PM

Im investing on ICO which I think have potential off course to make profit. I think almost all investors are doing thia for same reason as mine. Investing on ICO is quite profitable. Acquire tokens during ICO and hold them until the value pump and sell them.
With so many tokens going down in value after the ICO I think it is becoming a  good strategy to wait and instead of buy during the ICO to buy afterwards that way you can get cheaper coins than n the ICO and make even more profits in the future by holding the coin.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:06:42 PM

you are right.its hard to select an potential ICO but if you can select an potential ICO you can invest there and can take a chance for huge profit. Minexcoin is was one of them but not yet it listed any exchange.I am looking fro a good ICO now.I want to invest there some of my Ethereum. I want to grow my stock of Ethereum.

That is why people are using the purchase the ICO tokens on early sale period itself. If the ICOs value increases good and its market capital value increases then you can more money with the token by holding it for some time or exchange it for eth or bitcoin. Eth based ICO are widely implemented every day so you will find in more here in ann section.
sammy.one

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:17:15 PM

Definitely there are plenty of bad companies, and plenty of scams out there. But this is true everywhere in world. Anytime you're looking to invest into a company, you've got to do your due diligence. Research, research, research. Only you can determine whether or not an ICO is worth your time, or if it's better to simply invest into coins already on the market.

I categorize 3 types of ICO's I'm willing to invest in;

1. Buy and hold. These are my long term investments. Top quality companies, people, product. Something I truly believe in and will be holding long term.
2. Flip and buy the dip. These are good companies, I believe in their people, product, but perhaps they got too hyped for where they are at in their development. Enter into ICO, sell after the first surge, re-buy after the sell-off.
3. Flip. These are companies where I believe the hype has far outpaced their development. The most dangerous of the ICO strategies, it's my least favorite. Essentially investing in their ability to hype the product long enough for you to flip the ICO coins.

That's why I go into ICOs! But of course people will have a million reasons why they want to invest in one project or another.
yunuzov

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:03:09 PM

Because ICOs are great way to make profit if you experienced enough to know which ICOs have high potential. ICOs with good team behind it will end up in a very good spot most of the time so make good research about them before you invest in. If you invest in the right ICO you can easily double your investment and i think that's a good reason to invest in a ICO.  Wink

vtos marketing

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:21:08 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2018, 06:28:54 PM by vtos marketing

as i read more and more in the forum its all about hope that it get a price bump then sell, not to support the project,  for the ico team this is good cause anyhow they get the money to fund the proyect regardless of the investor intention.

that why is easy to do ico scam so the major problem for real icos is to get the more proof of the service that will bring in to the real world.

that is why our ico will be launch with a working version of the service.

teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8F1E__jnfc

Regards.

edgardo aguirre

PokerStein1

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:24:51 PM

If you can be selective enough you can make 4x 5x in short period of time , thats why i am in for ico projects. I buy ether ltc and btc with my ico profits.

KillyGon

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:46:16 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2017, 10:27:32 PM by KillyGon

because i believe and good project
so after ico end and listing in exchanger iam believe coin can incrase over ico price
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:52:30 PM

I just invest in those ICO's that looks promising and that i trust so far, i dont feel confortable when i am investing into an ico and i am not confident with that investment.
I invested in an ICO a long time ago (in march) and i lost almost $300 in that project, then i have never put a single cent in any other ico.
But the one who is in my signature is a promising one, i am looking for buying some tokens from there, i am not doing any advertisement, it is just that i like their whitepaper and their website.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: