Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:56:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you invest in ICOs?  (Read 8110 times)
bornforfreedom

Activity: 203
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:34:11 AM

The tech is freaking awesome and the financial return. Why would you "invest" in something to not make a return?
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:26:11 AM

I think most of the people are investing in ICO so that they can gain more rather than base solely on the growth of bitcoin. Since bitcoin has grew to such a huge price now, the percentage growth of bitcoin will become more limited whereas potential ICO still have a lot of room for growth. Just like eth, it has x1000 to 300usd.
nareshrohra

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:41:15 AM

I can't say for others. I look at ICO like any other fund raising exercise. And, my objective is always to support ICOs / ideas if they seem interesting to me. I also go through review of ICOs before investing on them. And I don't invest in a lot of them

Smoikata

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:46:48 AM

Because ICOs are most profitable investment ever  Smiley
HongKong

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:49:34 AM

The tech is freaking awesome and the financial return. Why would you "invest" in something to not make a return?
I like to invest in coins when I notice something that is pretty cool in the software that a project releases. Bitcoin is one of the things that allowed me to participate in the project.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
emiedj01

Activity: 41

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:56:01 AM

Well, I won't comment on specific ICOs as saying they are good, bad, promising, scams or anything like that, but I will share my vision.

What do investors think to get in return?

To start, I think the answer to that question is pretty straight forward. I believe that even people that want to support the blockchain projects and community wouldn't invest just to help the people behind the ICO, everyone is expecting finantial returns. What do I think investors think to get in return? Money.

This happens because before this ICO madness began it was something less accessible and more risky to common investors (as it still is, but now more people are interested). One year ago a promising ICO would have raised around 5 million dollars and be considered succesful, and then as the company starts to show progress in their project development more people want to invest in them (through exchanges, after ICO period) and them its market value increases a lot, and people that participated on the ICO get higher profits.

But what if those coins do not get back the initial worth?

You should invest in an ICO if you think the project's value proposition is good, if it makes sense to be in the blockchain and if you trust the team can deliver what they are promising. If this is the case, price volatility is a common thing in crypto currencies and you should keep yourself updated about the project you invested in and see if their business is growing. Finantial returns should come naturally if you believe in the technology potential and in the specific application the ICO is proposing.
ICOs, also known as crowd sales, are a new way of financing for startups in the block chain space that involves issuing a new digital currency or token to early backers of the project in exchange for bitcoin, fiat currency or other established digital currencies.
HongKong

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:57:55 AM

Well, I won't comment on specific ICOs as saying they are good, bad, promising, scams or anything like that, but I will share my vision.

What do investors think to get in return?

To start, I think the answer to that question is pretty straight forward. I believe that even people that want to support the blockchain projects and community wouldn't invest just to help the people behind the ICO, everyone is expecting finantial returns. What do I think investors think to get in return? Money.

This happens because before this ICO madness began it was something less accessible and more risky to common investors (as it still is, but now more people are interested). One year ago a promising ICO would have raised around 5 million dollars and be considered succesful, and then as the company starts to show progress in their project development more people want to invest in them (through exchanges, after ICO period) and them its market value increases a lot, and people that participated on the ICO get higher profits.

You should invest in an ICO if you think the project's value proposition is good, if it makes sense to be in the blockchain and if you trust the team can deliver what they are promising. If this is the case, price volatility is a common thing in crypto currencies and you should keep yourself updated about the project you invested in and see if their business is growing. Finantial returns should come naturally if you believe in the technology potential and in the specific application the ICO is proposing.
ICOs, also known as crowd sales, are a new way of financing for startups in the block chain space that involves issuing a new digital currency or token to early backers of the project in exchange for bitcoin, fiat currency or other established digital currencies.
That's kind of weird to see people call an investment so many things when they don't really have any real item to present later in the months.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
dma88

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:04:54 AM

Because ICOs are most profitable investment ever  Smiley

they are if you get in on the pre-sale.  you can buy the tokens at a guaranteed low value.  then wait for it to rise on etherdelta, then start dumpin'.  every over-hyped ICO follows a predictable pattern, where you know the price will rise right at the beginning, then usually decline slowly.  sometimes to sub-ICO prices.  the people who can get in on the presale take advantage of the certainty of it, and make a quick flip.

Make passive income here.. don't let the name fool you, do your own research and find out for yourself.  it's called exitscam, but it's actually legit.  Looks similar to a ponzi, but it's not.  And it's perfectly legal, not a registered security, as the "dividends" are payouts, not actual dividends.  Check it out at http://exitscam.me/luminium
Karen23

Activity: 189

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:08:50 AM

For me investing in ICO is a gamble, a risk you are willing to handle.  I personally joined some ICO because I believe the project will be worth it and believing that the coins I received from the team as an exchange from the money I invest in will have high gains.  People who are not willing to gamble should stay away from this because some projects may not turn out the way as expected but if the project boom then you can have more profits of multiple folds.  Cryptocurrencies are not for faint of hearts.

___ dock.io _______Decentralized professional data exchange powered by Ethereum_______
WHITEPAPER     █ █ █ █     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     █ █ █ █     ANN THREAD
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ● ⚫ ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
lovesybitz

Activity: 868
Merit: 289

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:11:28 AM

Hi,
this thread I want to ask you: Why do you, if you do, invest in ICOs?
I see horrible huge amounts of money going to those. What do investors think to get in return?
Mostly it's the same case: ICO starts, much money comes in, you get the coins.
Or do you invest because of other reasons?

For example (disclaimer: this is NOT hate!):
Why did trueflip.io get over $4,7 Million?

Thank you for answers!

ICO for me is an investment food that I can considered, Because there are some ICO project would really help you anyhow to grow your capital investment. Just make sure that token has a good potentials has promising plan to their project. Due to I've been tried it several time to invest in the ICO crowdsale or pre-sales ICO.
SimilarCoin

Activity: 37

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:13:23 AM

The name of the game is to make money. The reason to invest in ICOs is to make money. It is not a hobby to invest in ICOs.
Bitmedrano040117

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:40:28 AM

I invested in the ico because most of the time when the campaign is done the investment capital usually happen x 3 to 10 or more depending in the demand of the community. I found out also that there is profit in the ico, whether you participate as investors or participants in th bounty campaign.
ReyshElle

Activity: 71

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 06:04:26 AM

I can get some free coins. And this coins can grow big in value, leaving you with huge profit (even if you didnt spend any of your money)
roganite

Activity: 236

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:07:01 AM

I choose to invest because they still can be extremely profitable and are changing the eco-system in so many different industries.
publicjud
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:09:39 AM

I do not try to pursue any high moral/social goals with my investments. Getting money is just the matter of investment for me.

Join Twetch twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
Sungoku

Activity: 462
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:11:45 AM

Hi,
this thread I want to ask you: Why do you, if you do, invest in ICOs?
I see horrible huge amounts of money going to those. What do investors think to get in return?
Mostly it's the same case: ICO starts, much money comes in, you get the coins.
Or do you invest because of other reasons?

For example (disclaimer: this is NOT hate!):
Why did trueflip.io get over $4,7 Million?

Thank you for answers!
for what I invest money in ico or project,
yes because if ico success we will likely get a lot of profit
anzach87

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:14:46 AM

1st reason we believe that we will earn a lot of profit very fast cause if there is a good project you have the opportunity to be huge in the future. Grin

nilscrypto

Activity: 33

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 07:22:46 AM

There are various reasons...
The best reason is, when I learned about a great project, I can not put up with my upfront investment. Wink
greenclub09

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

BBOD - The Best Crypto Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:24:03 AM

I think quite a lot of people invest in ICOs because it is a good initial investment place when it succeeds they can make a lot of money from ICO but there are also many investors who take a lot of money from ICO when it's enough Once the developer is no longer developing, your money will disappear. Those who have the intention to invest in it best to carefully consider it as development team, development roadmap, marketing campaign, customer support how .. If you feel like Trust the decision to invest in it.

btcdepo

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:34:35 AM

The reason I invest in ICOs, it is very cheap value to buy at that moment, even presale period if it is possible. If you believe in the project and if you would buy when it goes to exchanges why not to buy earlier with adventegous price.

The FASTEST and MOST SECURE  Token Exchange.
▬▬  ETHERSHIFT  ▬▬  No More Waiting! Main Sale Starts Nov 05, 2018.  ▬▬  ETHERSHIFT  ▬▬
WHITEPAPER | ANN | TELEGRAM | TWITTER | REDDIT | DISCORD
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: