Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 10:36:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you invest in ICOs?  (Read 8110 times)
anylic

Activity: 278
Merit: 115

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 05:50:03 AM

I invest in the ICO for profit, most of my profits come from ICO projects. Its value is determined by trust and money flow from investors
Its price will hardly fall to its original price because no one wants to lose their money and now they need time to develop a broader market to push its value up

Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 05:50:53 AM

Have you ever tried to read the white paper provided by ICO management? If you do then you will come to know their pathway towards the specific project they want to achieve with the funds raised at ICO sell. It's like raising the funds first, then offer the products after they are completely developed. This is successful for almost all the ICO and they do give us back what we deserve, the big profits. This is a reward because without us they wouldn't exist.

davids

Activity: 735
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 06:10:30 AM

That's because of the profit that can be gained from ico. People have a chance to buy at the lowest price in ico and sell it with a high price when it has entered the market. That's why many people follow ico.
Erickvand

Activity: 532
Merit: 272

Mycryptobank.io

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2017, 07:19:46 AM

Following the ICO of a coin project is very profitable, even when the coin enters an exchange of profits earned to double if the price exceeds the ICO price. If you are interested in joining ICO it may be a good idea to look for a legal coin project and distribute it quickly, it is a pity if your money can settle long in a project.

▄████▀
████▄               ▄████       ▗▟██████████████▄    ▐██████████████████▙▖
██████▖           ▗██████     ▗▟██████████████████▄  ▐████████████████████▌
███████▙         ▟███████    ▄█████          ▀████▀  ▐████            ▀████
█████████▖     ▗█████████   ▐████▀             ▀▀    ▐████            ▄███▌
█████▀████▙   ▟████▀█████   ████▌                    ▐███████████████████▌
█████ ▝█████▄█████▘ █████  ▐████                     ▐████████████████████▙▖
█████   ▜███████▛   █████   ████▌                    ▐████            ▀█████▖
█████    ▝█████▘    █████   ▐████▄            ▄██▄   ▐████             ▐█████
█████      ▀█▀      █████    ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████  ▐████            ▄█████▌
█████               █████     ▝██████████████████▀   ▐█████████████████████▛
█████               █████     ▄████████████████▀     ▐███████████████████▛▘
                             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
MyCryptoBank
CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY
Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank

▄███████████▄     
██▀       ▐█▀█▄   
██        ▐█  ▀█▄ 
██        ▐█    ▀█▄
██        ▝▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██               ██
██  ███████████  ██
██               ██
██  ██████       ██
██               ██
██▄             ▄██
▀█████████████████▀
WHITEPAPER ──────────────────────────
hyunee

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 07:30:08 AM

I guess the main reason why some people invest not just in ICO but to other investment as well is to gain profit or to make a money. If you want to invest in ICO should know the pros and cons before joining and investing in it. One of the advantage of it is it is open in public. Anyone can partake in the cryptocurrency industry. It is also a decentralized orgnization. You just need to know if you can really trust the people in that organization and you can make yourself successful.
MillionaireToken

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 07:36:48 AM

To hope it will be much higher on exchange or after a couple of years.
Larscolars

Activity: 363

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 07:40:31 AM

While definitely there is a profit expectation element in ICO investments, many people invest because they like the idea and want to support it.

◢ ███                                                                 IRON◢BLOCK◤                                                          ███ ◣
███ ◤                                Decentralized platform for the global market special machinery                             ◥ ███
◤◢ WHITEPAPER ◤◢ MEDIUM ◤◢ ANN THREAD ◤◢ Presale DEC12 ◤◢ TELEGRAM ◤◢ FACEBOOK ◤◢ TWITTER
keeee

Activity: 574
Merit: 267

" Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back "

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 08:00:01 AM

Hi,
this thread I want to ask you: Why do you, if you do, invest in ICOs?
I see horrible huge amounts of money going to those. What do investors think to get in return?
Mostly it's the same case: ICO starts, much money comes in, you get the coins.
But what if those coins do not get back the initial worth?
Or do you invest because of other reasons?

For example (disclaimer: this is NOT hate!):
Why did trueflip.io get over $4,7 Million?

Thank you for answers!
This can be answer in just one word, Money. Maybe, investors are saying that they are participating ICO just to support a certain project but it is not really the reason. They are participating on it because they can have profit on that. Thats why many investors are taking the risk even  alot of scams can be encounter.

keeee

Activity: 574
Merit: 267

" Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back "

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 08:03:52 AM

Hi,
I see horrible huge amounts of money going to those. What do investors think to get in return?

Thank you for answers!
This can be answer in just one word, Money. Maybe, investors are saying that they are participating ICO just to support a certain project but it is not really the reason. They are participating on it because they can have profit on that. Thats why many investors are taking the risk even  alot of scams can be encounter.

Raven91

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:15:33 AM

Hi,

Thank you for answers!
Because in the ICO as what we all know it is the ICO price when you buy the token in that sale means you can buy that coin in a lower price also means that you can get a lot of cashback in that coins when its out in the market buy sometimes it didnt goes according to plan and just become dump and never pump in short a big scam.
Gss2k2

Activity: 138

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:26:56 AM

I think the main benefit of ico is liquidity. Historically this is not the case and u loose 100% of the money if the business fail. Also, before mastercoin ico, you only can invest in coin coin(a coin that is just for transaction), and we all know only 2 or 3 coin coin will survive in the long run. At least if a coin is back by some business model, they can survive longer and still have all the strength of a coin coin.  Smiley
FrankNoland
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 01:36:58 PM

The only reason why I invest in ICOs is only because that I buy tokens at a lower value when their ICO starts, sometimes with bonuses. Since I know that I am going to hold my tokens for a long period of time, maybe for a period of 5-10 years, surely by that time they will be listed on exchanges and surely they will be worth even more. So, why not.

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
Aur3

Activity: 378

Embrace change

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 02:02:30 PM

The decision to invest in ICO depends on your stand. If you have read the whitepaper of a project and you strongly believe their mission can change the world for the better then there's no reason why yo take the risk to invest.

For example, the International MultiModal Logistics Application (IMMLA) created an idea of building a decentralized management system over cargo shipment, document workflow and payments. This is a great mission. I even convince a friend to blog about it goo.gl/qeK3mQ not only to raise awareness but also to persuade consumers and businessmen to invest. This is the kind of project we're waiting for before the shipping industry becomes a haven for corruption. We also need IMMLA to protect our cargo all the time and to make sure the cargo vehicles are always in great shape while delivering the goods.

See the point? Investment is a risk worth taking once you believe the project's mission can improve our lifestyle, can benefit us every day and can help us save money.   

Let's make a change. Change makes you better. Change makes you smarter. Change makes you healthier.
tanghere02

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 02:07:02 PM

I want to invest in ICO'S because most bounties here are paying ICO coins and I believe there are some ICO coins that are actually worth to invest in. I've read some of their white paper and they do have great projects. Still have to read a lot more because I am planning to invest more on ICO coins after August 1.

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
  O HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
  O   O [SUCCESS   
RAISE
US$18mil+]
Wintersoldier

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 04:52:37 PM

Most of the people invest in ICO because they want to earn money, or they believe that the ICO can become huge in the future, most of the ICO are not that profitable and most of them even turn out as scam, but if you choose the right ICO it can be very profitable, but I don't like to invest in ICO, I don't like to buy something that is uncertain
I see that people who support and invest to ICO or the new project of bringing new altcoin in the market is the one who see possibilities and development for it. Because it can serve as a new form of transaction in regards to the usage or the main purpose of the specific project. So it is a good thing if you will invest in the thing you really want just like in health where it is more aligned on health project. So it a common way for an altcoin to have a name and a price to the market to earn and to have profit.
Potchi

Activity: 191

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 05:40:52 PM

Well, I won't comment on specific ICOs as saying they are good, bad, promising, scams or anything like that, but I will share my vision.

What do investors think to get in return?

To start, I think the answer to that question is pretty straight forward. I believe that even people that want to support the blockchain projects and community wouldn't invest just to help the people behind the ICO, everyone is expecting finantial returns. What do I think investors think to get in return? Money.

This happens because before this ICO madness began it was something less accessible and more risky to common investors (as it still is, but now more people are interested). One year ago a promising ICO would have raised around 5 million dollars and be considered succesful, and then as the company starts to show progress in their project development more people want to invest in them (through exchanges, after ICO period) and them its market value increases a lot, and people that participated on the ICO get higher profits.

You should invest in an ICO if you think the project's value proposition is good, if it makes sense to be in the blockchain and if you trust the team can deliver what they are promising. If this is the case, price volatility is a common thing in crypto currencies and you should keep yourself updated about the project you invested in and see if their business is growing. Finantial returns should come naturally if you believe in the technology potential and in the specific application the ICO is proposing.
That is actually the first thing need to consider before supporting an ICO project. First you should personally want to be a part of the project itself in regrads to the project promise or goal. And then make sure that specific project have a new thing in the market so they have a good reason to be successful on transaction. And then of course support it by posting to earn coin so on the future you could used it in the platform of trading or investments.

smsohag

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 06:06:43 PM

Most of the people want to get money in short time and ICO is the investment policy before new coin come on the marketplace. I want to invest in ICO for much maney earn though most of the wasn't happened.
Darknight31

Activity: 209

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 08:22:09 PM

Most of the people invest in ICO because they want to earn money, or they believe that the ICO can become huge in the future, most of the ICO are not that profitable and most of them even turn out as scam, but if you choose the right ICO it can be very profitable, but I don't like to invest in ICO, I don't like to buy something that is uncertain
Many people invests in ICO ofcourse because of money, they wanna earn profit from it and if people are looking forward for more successful projects because it comes with great profit ahead of them. ICO's sometimes can become successful in the future that can earn great profits while others does not become successful.
aeternus

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:06:30 PM

Hi,

Thank you for answers!
I do not see why this is such a mystery for you, if the ico fever is still going strong is for only one reason people are getting profits, if you buy a coin and then it goes up 10 times then it is very likelly that such investors are going to invest in more projects for two reasons, one, they got profits, and two, they got more money to invest.

coolsai

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:10:21 PM

The reason anyone invests in ICO is in hopes of getting in early on the next big coin. You are right though that there is currently a massive amount of shit projects that get funded way more than they should realistically need or than they could ever be worth in the real world.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: