Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:17:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [WDC] Worldcoin | 0.17.1 Released! | AuxPoW w/ LWMA diff algorithm. Resync Req.  (Read 442019 times)
thunderjet

Activity: 916
Merit: 312

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 10:50:18 AM

Yes, v2 is 64 bit only, you should upgrade when you upgrade your computer Smiley
EDIT: By the way v2 is more stable than any other version because it uses the daemon as its backend (the one that exchanges and miners use)

Thanks for info ! When I go to 64-bit ,I will certainly try V2.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tyke
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1161

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 07:50:57 PM

It is great to see that development is still strong with Worldcoin.  Since the inclusion of Worldcoin in the book "Cryptocurrency "The Alt-ernative" A Beginner's Reference", Worldcoin has made it through to my next book project.  I plan to publish a book with greater content (6 pages for Worldcoin).  Please visit this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=985422.0
Berzeck

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 08:22:49 PM

It is great to see that development is still strong with Worldcoin.  Since the inclusion of Worldcoin in the book "Cryptocurrency "The Alt-ernative" A Beginner's Reference", Worldcoin has made it through to my next book project.  I plan to publish a book with greater content (6 pages for Worldcoin).  Please visit this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=985422.0
That's excellent news!
Please let us know a rough timeline so we can start promoting your book with our user base in the near future Wink
if you need some info about the unique technologies that distinguish WDC from the rest or want to ask anything (good or bad) don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you very much for your interest in WDC
Berzeck

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 04:58:07 AM

A few updates http://worldcoin.global/worldcoin-weekly-report-december-2nd/
Getting ready for 2.0.2 Release!
AngryDwarf

Activity: 476
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 10:38:50 PM

Good to see the address generator component will come along. Already stated that I would like to see coin control features, but also would like to see the usual wallet settings such as enable uPNP, allow incoming connections, minimise to the tray instead of taskbar etc. Also would be good to see address name rather than address value in the transaction list. As interesting as the BC development is, and I'm sure it will be very powerful in the future, it really has been a step back in the usual easy to use wallet features that most users would expect.

Scaling and transaction rate: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306
Do not allow demand to exceed capacity. Do not allow mempools to forget transactions. Relay all transactions. Eventually confirm all transactions.
Berzeck

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 03:27:36 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2016, 08:57:56 PM by Berzeck

Good to see the address generator component will come along. Already stated that I would like to see coin control features, but also would like to see the usual wallet settings such as enable uPNP, allow incoming connections, minimise to the tray instead of taskbar etc. Also would be good to see address name rather than address value in the transaction list. As interesting as the BC development is, and I'm sure it will be very powerful in the future, it really has been a step back in the usual easy to use wallet features that most users would expect.

Hello, thanks for your suggestions, coin control features won't be available until we rebase to newer versions of BTC, right now our focus is to build a solid framework on which we will be able to develop features a lot faster. uPNP could be added if people demands it (you are the first Smiley ). We will definitely implement tray functionality.
About usability, this one is interesting because  we have 3 other people with the same comment, although  all of them are technical skilled so they are just assuming that it would be difficult to operate the wallet for new people, interestingly no one actually complained that he/she actually had found difficult to manipulate the wallet  (a little context, we have 260+ different ips using version 2.0.1). So there can be just 3 possible explanations:
a) People do not find WBC difficult   to use
b) All our user base is highly technical
c) We are not receiving good feedback
We need more data to evaluate which of these options actually is the correct one. I personally think it's a good idea to have hard data before changing  paradigm, I agree that  being something new  it could cause some trouble for some people
If necessary we can add some newbie features without sacrificing power and flexibility, for example an in-wallet small tutorial highlighting the most used functions or maybe developing a dashboard with the most common options, another idea would be adding a favorite page where most common components are used. Maybe a combinations of all? What do you think?
shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 12:19:16 AM

I also think that the minimization to tray is an important point.
The most other wallets supports this option and I think that it is technically possible to implement.

Also I think to bring into the wallet option off or auto start wallet at boot a system.
At the moment, have to use a special utility that would disable startup wallet

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧
Berzeck

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 02:39:54 PM

Version 2.0.2 of WBC has been released!

The hippo is in its best shape ever!

Official news at:

http://worldcoin.global/wbc-2-0-1-released-fitness-hippo/

(And yes, basic tray functionality has been implemented)
shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:05:09 PM

Version 2.0.2 of WBC has been released!

The hippo is in its best shape ever!

Official news at:

http://worldcoin.global/wbc-2-0-1-released-fitness-hippo/

(And yes, basic tray functionality has been implemented)

Thank you for this good work.
I hope to see in future versions of the wallet a lot of new changes (such as cleaning WDC blockchain from the debris and previous forks)
This will reduce the size of the current blockchain and increase the speed of loading blocks..
At least many popular coins have already it's a done.

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧
WorldCoin (OP)

Activity: 142
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 03:49:21 AM

Thank you for this good work.
I hope to see in future versions of the wallet a lot of new changes (such as cleaning WDC blockchain from the debris and previous forks)
This will reduce the size of the current blockchain and increase the speed of loading blocks..
At least many popular coins have already it's a done.
Hi, thanks for your words of encouragement Smiley
We have 2 key features that we need to add in the coming versions, then we will rebase to newer btc version and after that we will look for this kind of solution deeper
Walker-D-Plank

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 12:00:35 PM

I installed the new wallet but crashes every time I try to load so back to older one.
AngryDwarf

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 03:42:26 PM

First impression when I tried this a few days ago. Min to tray rather than taskbar doesn't seem to work on win10. Looked at the address generator code, perhaps clicked on a combo box thinking why a combo box? crash......
Several days later, still rebuilding index on an SDD write cached HDD, with no indication of progress. Looks like I would be better reinstalling it.

Scaling and transaction rate: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306
Do not allow demand to exceed capacity. Do not allow mempools to forget transactions. Relay all transactions. Eventually confirm all transactions.
Berzeck

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 04:54:29 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2016, 07:04:47 AM by Berzeck

I installed the new wallet but crashes every time I try to load so back to older one.
HI, can you give me details of your os and hardware? including video card please?
Some intel cards are having some trouble, updating the driver from Intel web page directly usually solves the problem
Berzeck

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 04:57:13 AM

First impression when I tried this a few days ago. Min to tray rather than taskbar doesn't seem to work on win10. Looked at the address generator code, perhaps clicked on a combo box thinking why a combo box? crash......
Several days later, still rebuilding index on an SDD write cached HDD, with no indication of progress. Looks like I would be better reinstalling it.
How did you perform the upgrade? which version exactly did you use before?
thanks!
AngryDwarf

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 05:36:39 AM

thanks!

2.0.1 -> 2.0.2. Run as administrator. Program installed in Program Files/Worldcoin and blockchain stored in %APPDATA%/roaming/Worldcoin. Upgrade using wallet upgrade feature, advanced options. Note: finish button of upgrade program did not appear to work, so was closed using 'x'.

Berzeck

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 05:48:41 AM

thanks!

2.0.1 -> 2.0.2. Run as administrator. Program installed in Program Files/Worldcoin and blockchain stored in %APPDATA%/roaming/Worldcoin. Upgrade using wallet upgrade feature, advanced options. Note: finish button of upgrade program did not appear to work, so was closed using 'x'.
This is the problem, as explained in release notes you should not install on privileged folders. The reason is that we continuously write with logs and settings in the same folder so you would need admin privileges to run the software. We designed this way so it would be very easy to have portable wallets (for example a USB that can be used as semi cold wallet and connect only when a transaction is required)

Please install it on a regular folder Smiley
AngryDwarf

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 07:36:11 AM

thanks!

This is the problem, as explained in release notes you should not install on privileged folders. The reason is that we continuously write with logs and settings in the same folder so you would need admin privileges to run the software. We designed this way so it would be very easy to have portable wallets (for example a USB that can be used as semi cold wallet and connect only when a transaction is required)

Maybe the log files and other settings you talk about should be stored in the %APPDATA%/roaming/Worldcoin folder that I have configured. How would this system work in a multi user environment?

Berzeck

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 07:54:50 AM

thanks!

Maybe the log files and other settings you talk about should be stored in the %APPDATA%/roaming/Worldcoin folder that I have configured. How would this system work in a multi user environment?

The problem is there already because unless you have many chain folders (one for each user) you share your wallet.dat anyway, on the other hand logs never store sensible information like keys or passwords so it can be used by many users without problem.
As you see putting log files in different folders won't help to solve that problem anyway.
Another reason is that portability to other platforms  is a lot easier to achieve.
Having said that let's analyze this and debate it further, we are not close to do any necessary changes that we encounter in the road Smiley
AngryDwarf

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 08:11:10 AM

thanks!

The problem is there already because unless you have many chain folders (one for each user) you share your wallet.dat anyway, on the other hand logs never store sensible information like keys or passwords so it can be used by many users without problem.
As you see putting log files in different folders won't help to solve that problem anyway.
Another reason is that portability to other platforms  is a lot easier to achieve.
Having said that let's analyze this and debate it further, we are not close to do any necessary changes that we encounter in the road Smiley

So in my case, is the wallet.dat file being stored in the program files folder or the %APPDATA% folder? I thought it was in the latter? (the %APPDATA% folder being user specific).

AngryDwarf

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 08:16:25 AM

Also, if each user is running a WBC app, would their be a conflict with the log file? Wouldn't they want their own settings?

Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 »
  Print  

Jump to: