Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:12:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [WDC] Worldcoin | 0.17.1 Released! | AuxPoW w/ LWMA diff algorithm. Resync Req.  (Read 442019 times)
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 06:32:44 PM

I like the idea of a POS system as well except that relies upon the community to stake with has proven sucessful with only a handful of POS coins. Most communities say they will stake but in the end they do not.

Merge mining seems to be the way to go. Choose an algo that currently has a popular coin on it and merge mine it. It's a win win.

Still think WDC has one of the best names for mass adoption.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 09:08:03 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2017, 11:54:03 AM by shveicar

I like the idea of a POS system as well except that relies upon the community to stake with has proven sucessful with only a handful of POS coins. Most communities say they will stake but in the end they do not.

Merge mining seems to be the way to go. Choose an algo that currently has a popular coin on it and merge mine it. It's a win win.

Still think WDC has one of the best names for mass adoption.

There are successful coin with 100% POS - eg FCT and XEM.
But for growth of their price for it  helps a zero inflation.
In the case of  WDC, this POS system can help not so much.
Much better be used a hybrid system POS & POW.
Miners bought the equipment will also be able to continue to mining WDC, but 50% of the produced coins will be generated on the POS.
Basically it will allow for large owners a offset the loss if the prices fall, as they will have a POS income (This is simply give more for stability of course WDC).
But most importantly, it will allow to stabilize the network and protect it from big jumps in difficulty and potential fork.

In general, I propose to gather all the major owners in the chat (eg slack channel), and discuss the future for WDC.

I do not suggest to act independently of Berzeck.
Just wish that the major owners could get together and vote for the further development of the WDC project.

P.s I reserved for this case the channel so that anyone can join the discussion.

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧
Berzeck

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 04:19:57 AM

Hello! I am back!
Work issues as always :S
We will change chain tech for sure, no way around it, the problem is that PoW + PoS is a temporary solution that we will need to change in the future again anyway
I am waiting for a strong backed technology that solves the problem (check hyperledger for example) that will probably emerge in the coming years, meanwhile we will develop the environment and tools so when this technology emerges (hyperledger? ) we will already have tools and services in place to become the best coin around. That's  why I bothered to split the daemon from the wallet so we can adapt to any chain that wins the race.

I would not have any problem if some one helps making the switch to PoS + PoW as a temporary measure meanwhile (we will need a little coordination to integrate smoothly to the wallet, that's all), but certainly it's not an strategic development therefore I can't personally invest time on that.

shveicar
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 07:54:06 AM

Hello! I am back!
We will change chain tech for sure, no way around it, the problem is that PoW + PoS is a temporary solution that we will need to change in the future again anyway
I am waiting for a strong backed technology that solves the problem (check hyperledger for example) that will probably emerge in the coming years, meanwhile we will develop the environment and tools so when this technology emerges (hyperledger? ) we will already have tools and services in place to become the best coin around. That's  why I bothered to split the daemon from the wallet so we can adapt to any chain that wins the race.

I would not have any problem if some one helps making the switch to PoS + PoW as a temporary measure meanwhile (we will need a little coordination to integrate smoothly to the wallet, that's all), but certainly it's not an strategic development therefore I can't personally invest time on that.

Hi.
I agree that there are many different interesting technologies (perhaps in the future there will be even more).
But get me right, the big WDC owners are constantly losing a lot of money.
And this process is on the increase.
What's wrong with the fact that they will receive fair compensation in the form of POS ?
Just look at the situation - http://coinmarketcap.com/ and you will understand that it's not just the wallet itself and its new opportunities.
If we move another 20-50 points down, then we will get into such a pit from which it will be almost impossible to get out..

Berzeck

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 08:07:16 AM

Hello! I am back!
I am waiting for a strong backed technology that solves the problem (check hyperledger for example) that will probably emerge in the coming years, meanwhile we will develop the environment and tools so when this technology emerges (hyperledger? ) we will already have tools and services in place to become the best coin around. That's  why I bothered to split the daemon from the wallet so we can adapt to any chain that wins the race.

Hi.
I agree that there are many different interesting technologies (perhaps in the future there will be even more).
What's wrong with the fact that they will receive fair compensation in the form of POS ?
Just look at the situation - http://coinmarketcap.com/ and you will understand that it's not just the wallet itself and its new opportunities.
If we move another 20-50 points down, then we will get into such a pit from which it will be almost impossible to get out..

There is nothing wrong with earnings.
But to be more clear, assume that hyperledger is the winner of the race. This will happen if we implement Pos + PoW (Amounts are just for making the point clear)

1] Current Market cap : 300 000 $us
2] 3 - 6  months invested implementing and supporting PoS + PoW. Market Cap:  3 000 000 $us
3] 3 - 6  months invested implementing and supporting Hyperledger. Market Cap:  30 000 000 $us

If I go according to my plan, this is what will happen:

3] 3 - 6  months invested implementing and supporting Hyperledger. Market Cap:  30 000 000 $us

So, why exactly should I invest 3 - 6 months in PoW Pos knowing that we will change again in the future and the team  won't sell any coins until then?
As I said I don't have any problem that someone invest his time in point 2]  but for me personally it doesn't make any sense because I do not care on short time earnings, I want the final solution

PD: I expect hyperledger to make its big entrance in 2 or 3 years
shveicar
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 08:32:54 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2017, 10:30:25 AM by shveicar

Hello! I am back!
I am waiting for a strong backed technology that solves the problem (check hyperledger for example) that will probably emerge in the coming years, meanwhile we will develop the environment and tools so when this technology emerges (hyperledger? ) we will already have tools and services in place to become the best coin around. That's  why I bothered to split the daemon from the wallet so we can adapt to any chain that wins the race.

Hi.

But to be more clear, assume that hyperledger is the winner of the race. This will happen if we implement Pos + PoW (Amounts are just for making the point clear)

2] 3 - 6  months invested implementing and supporting PoS + PoW. Market Cap:  3 000 000 $us
3] 3 - 6  months invested implementing and supporting Hyperledger. Market Cap:  30 000 000 $us

3] 3 - 6  months invested implementing and supporting Hyperledger. Market Cap:  30 000 000 $us

So, why exactly should I invest 3 - 6 months in PoW Pos knowing that we will change again in the future and the team  won't sell any coins until then?
As I said I don't have any problem that someone invest his time in point 2]  but for me personally it doesn't make any sense because I do not care on short time earnings, I want the final solution

Why do you think that hyperledger will be possible only for WDC? A lot of other coins will also switch to this technology if it becomes popular.
Against the backdrop of growing competition, people will choose those coins that firmly existed on the market.
What do you think will be related to investment assets that fell hundreds of times? Look at Ethereum ..
Their POW stage is on the verge of completion and they are preparing for the transition to POS.
If the POS was an unreliable option for the future, they would not ruin a coin with a capitalization of one and a half billion dollars.

I do not see any justice if after a year of continuing falling prices for WDC and lack of POS mode, what kind of speculator will be able to buy a several million WDC for a one bitcoin.
And believe me, these people simply will not give the opportunity to return the former capitalization for WDC because buying coins for a pittance, they will manipulate the market as they please, scaring off investors and new users.

If you want the WDC project to remain unchanged for a few more years, it means a severe sentence with oblivion (With a series of forks that will soon begin to occur).
Just recall that when the project was launched under the name Friecoin (Money Gesell), this  supposed the title of the most fair and truthful crypto project, in which to avoid the accumulation of coins in large wallets, they just burned with time.
Now you can only find a reference to this project, since no one in their right mind would agree to invest in such a project and burning own money.
I hope that you do not want to do something similar with WDC?

Berzeck

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 10:34:19 AM

Because if we start developing services and wallet for hyperledger  (or any other) now then we will have 2 or 3 years  competitive advantage against competition.
PoS + PoW and others currently available are not able to solve scale problem, this is not a matter of opinion, its math when btc and ethereum need to scale globally they will need to change, no way around it
WDC will not remain unchanged because services will be developed, those same services will work with another chain (thats how they are being developed)
Freicoin didn't work because the idea is naive, early stages of a crypto always imply accumulation, trying to go against that in code is dumb, trying to manipulate demand in code is dumb.

The problem is that you are thinking that we will just wait for people to buy when we switch and everything is in place; that's not the case because we will search for medium scale investors  (actually I have already a couple committed),

But I repeat if someone wants to fill the gap with intermediate solution it would be excellent and we will surely coordinate, no forks necessary. I just won't commit time for that
shveicar
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 10:49:19 AM

Because if we start developing services and wallet for hyperledger  (or any other) now then we will have 2 or 3 years  competitive advantage against competition.
PoS + PoW and others currently available are not able to solve scale problem, this is not a matter of opinion, its math when btc and ethereum need to scale globally they will need to change, no way around it
WDC will not remain unchanged because services will be developed, those same services will work with another chain (thats how they are being developed)
Freicoin didn't work because the idea is naive, early stages of a crypto always imply accumulation, trying to go against that in code is dumb, trying to manipulate demand in code is dumb.

The problem is that you are thinking that we will just wait for people to buy when we switch and everything is in place; that's not the case because we will search for medium scale investors  (actually I have already a couple committed),

But I repeat if someone wants to fill the gap with intermediate solution it would be excellent and we will surely coordinate, no forks necessary. I just won't commit time for that

Ok, let's not argue.
I expressed my point of view as an investor.
If someone agrees with me and wants to communicate, I opened the channel worldcoin-group.slack.com
Anyone who wants can join the discussion.
To do this, you need to send me via PM your Email and in return, you will receive a guest link.

Berzeck

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 11:00:46 AM

Ok, let's not argue.
I expressed my point of view as an investor.
If someone agrees with me and wants to communicate, I opened the channel worldcoin-group.slack.com
Anyone who wants can join the discussion.
To do this, you need to send me via PM your Email and in return, you will receive a guest link.

No arguing here. I completely understand your point of view and maybe you can find someone to help us fill the intermediate gap, that would be awesome!
thunderjet

Activity: 916
Merit: 312

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 08:45:21 PM

Hello! I am back!

Hi.

2] 3 - 6  months invested implementing and supporting PoS + PoW. Market Cap:  3 000 000 $us

So, why exactly should I invest 3 - 6 months in PoW Pos knowing that we will change again in the future and the team  won't sell any coins until then?
As I said I don't have any problem that someone invest his time in point 2]  but for me personally it doesn't make any sense because I do not care on short time earnings, I want the final solution

Why do you think that hyperledger will be possible only for WDC? A lot of other coins will also switch to this technology if it becomes popular.
Against the backdrop of growing competition, people will choose those coins that firmly existed on the market.
What do you think will be related to investment assets that fell hundreds of times? Look at Ethereum ..
Their POW stage is on the verge of completion and they are preparing for the transition to POS.
If the POS was an unreliable option for the future, they would not ruin a coin with a capitalization of one and a half billion dollars.

I do not see any justice if after a year of continuing falling prices for WDC and lack of POS mode, what kind of speculator will be able to buy a several million WDC for a one bitcoin.
And believe me, these people simply will not give the opportunity to return the former capitalization for WDC because buying coins for a pittance, they will manipulate the market as they please, scaring off investors and new users.

If you want the WDC project to remain unchanged for a few more years, it means a severe sentence with oblivion (With a series of forks that will soon begin to occur).
Just recall that when the project was launched under the name Friecoin (Money Gesell), this  supposed the title of the most fair and truthful crypto project, in which to avoid the accumulation of coins in large wallets, they just burned with time.
Now you can only find a reference to this project, since no one in their right mind would agree to invest in such a project and burning own money.
I hope that you do not want to do something similar with WDC?

I think that POS+POW cant help WDC now.Simply it is matter of will of Chinese "investors" that took over WDC,DOGE,QRK,even LTC and some other coins.They want complete control over coins and do not like any idea of competition with other big investors.They does not want stable coin and frankly they dont know how to do that.Theirs scheme is simple from the beginning of crypto world -  dump coins to oblivion and pump into space. Of course,no serious investor like that and that is why these coins are so unstable and have price goes down constantly between pumps which happened once a year or more.

shveicar
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 11:28:54 PM

I think that POS+POW cant help WDC now.Simply it is matter of will of Chinese "investors" that took over WDC,DOGE,QRK,even LTC and some other coins.They want complete control over coins and do not like any idea of competition with other big investors.They does not want stable coin and frankly they dont know how to do that.Theirs scheme is simple from the beginning of crypto world -  dump coins to oblivion and pump into space. Of course,no serious investor like that and that is why these coins are so unstable and have price goes down constantly between pumps which happened once a year or more.

Yes, but if you look at the charts, you will see that the strong fluctuations in the price are mostly susceptible to coins on a POW basis.
Coins that have a POS or POS & POW system are more stable in their capitalization and value.

thunderjet

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 08:25:45 AM

I think that POS+POW cant help WDC now.Simply it is matter of will of Chinese "investors" that took over WDC,DOGE,QRK,even LTC and some other coins.They want complete control over coins and do not like any idea of competition with other big investors.They does not want stable coin and frankly they dont know how to do that.Theirs scheme is simple from the beginning of crypto world -  dump coins to oblivion and pump into space. Of course,no serious investor like that and that is why these coins are so unstable and have price goes down constantly between pumps which happened once a year or more.

Yes, but if you look at the charts, you will see that the strong fluctuations in the price are mostly susceptible to coins on a POW basis.
Coins that have a POS or POS & POW system are more stable in their capitalization and value.

Yes,POS+POW coins are generally more stable,but how much POS rate for WDC should be if we want to see significant difference?1 or 2% is far from enough.

Honestly,I think that only paying masternodes POS system like DASH has, can make longterm sustainable difference and secure network.

For WDC it can be about 250.000 WDCs per masternode ~ 1000 masternodes
shveicar
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 08:46:27 AM

Yes,POS+POW coins are generally more stable,but how much POS rate for WDC should be if we want to see significant difference?1 or 2% is far from enough.

Honestly,I think that only paying masternodes POS system like DASH has, can make longterm sustainable difference and secure network.

I think that with current inflation it would be prudent to distribute the POW award by 50%.
There are 50% POW and 50% POS (or 8 coins will be mining through POW and 8 coins via POS)

thunderjet

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 06:25:58 PM

I think that with current inflation it would be prudent to distribute the POW award by 50%.
There are 50% POW and 50% POS (or 8 coins will be mining through POW and 8 coins via POS)

Agree, 50-50 POW-POS will be best solution with current inflation
Berzeck

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 03:29:14 PM

Read the official news at
https://worldcoin.global/3112-2/
shveicar
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 06:43:40 PM

A new wallet is good, but what did it give us in the end?
I'm talking about the reaction of the market, see for yourself:

Berzeck

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 08:30:41 PM

I explained thousands of times that I do not work for a short time spike, never ever
shveicar
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 09:01:35 PM

I explained thousands of times that I do not work for a short time spike, never ever

No one talks about short periods of time.

Simply there are coins that are ready for change and they can adapt to modern market demands and coins that have inherited the vestiges of the past and do not want to change.
Of course, WDC has nothing to do with it, but this is just an approach to this strategy of local investors and marketers.
I offered my solutions for what would like to change the situation, but it seems that most investors prefer to be in the shade and wait.
So if most of the community takes such a position, here I have nothing more to say.

Berzeck

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 09:08:59 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2017, 09:27:21 PM by Berzeck

I do not work for short time gains, that is not going to happen EVER.
I will change block chain technology to one that solves the problems of scalability and security, that tech does not exist yet so I wont implement patchy solutions  just to satisfy investors. I wasn't there since the beginning, so gladly I have no responsibility on what happened then

No one talks about short periods of time.

Simply there are coins that are ready for change and they can adapt to modern market demands and coins that have inherited the vestiges of the past and do not want to change.
Of course, WDC has nothing to do with it, but this is just an approach to this strategy of local investors and marketers.
I offered my solutions for what would like to change the situation, but it seems that most investors prefer to be in the shade and wait.
So if most of the community takes such a position, here I have nothing more to say.
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 05:51:07 PM

is that really a chart from 2014?  Jeesh, so much has changed since that point.

@Berzeck As long as you are pushing forward and keeping up with the trends like segwit then the price will follow. Segwit will be a make or break for projects in 2017. Implement segwit and you stay current, skip it and you disappear this year.
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 »
  Print  

Jump to: