Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:36:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]ChronoLogic - Proof-of-Time token on Ethereum  (Read 45398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
amintek15

Activity: 770
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:04:35 PM

on Slack they says that there is arround 5k ppl registered on wait list for ICO ... Shocked it will be really hot on 28th !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mercedes

Activity: 356
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:16:27 PM

on Slack they says that there is arround 5k ppl registered on wait list for ICO ... Shocked it will be really hot on 28th !

oh ,really? that's amazing ,big community will strong ChronoLogic  ,that's very nice .
BTCetera

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:25:50 PM

Why would someone use chronologic when there is opentimestamps.org? Thx.

This is actually a very valid question. Would anyone from the team mind answering it?

That was my 2nd attempt at an answer...

This is simply not comparable, and not the same project, you are welcome to come in our slack tho, if you really seek more infos, and deeper answers on questions like that.

That is a very simplistic answer to a not simple question. Why don't you start by showing how they are different instead of telling us to seek answers elsewhere?

You'd expect the Chronologic team to be ready to defend their coin, instead of telling ppl to go seek answers elsewhere. At this point I have no desire to join your slack. I will ask Peter Todd for this answer and post it here.

Want to send me a tip? 3EJTcRvvt54rv5Bn44KJbXFc7U2MXACkX9
ChronoLogic

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:29:01 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2017, 04:04:28 PM by ChronoLogic

Why would someone use chronologic when there is opentimestamps.org? Thx.

This is actually a very valid question. Would anyone from the team mind answering it?

That was my 2nd attempt at an answer...

This is simply not comparable, and not the same project, you are welcome to come in our slack tho, if you really seek more infos, and deeper answers on questions like that.

That is a very simplistic answer to a not simple question. Why don't you start by showing how they are different instead of telling us to seek answers elsewhere?

You'd expect the Chronologic team to be ready to defend their coin, instead of telling ppl to go seek answers elsewhere. At this point I have no desire to join your slack. I will ask Peter Todd for this answer and post it here.

Slack is the best place to get detailed technical answers as the developpers are made available there.

I will however try to give you a better answer:

Opentimestamps is proof of existence concept, it's a record keeping system.

Proof of time is a minting concept, where the tokens are self generating without the need for staking or mining. ChronoLogic's focus is also on real use cases where the smart contract guarantees that any promises made requiring the use of time are honored. This is particularly useful for debt securities which the team is trying to implement and has already been in discussion with partners toward that purpose.
mamaya

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 10:16:20 AM

With the pre-sale successfully sold out we can only assume this is going to be a successful project. I'm looking forward to seeing how much they raise during the main ICO on August 28th.
canvan

Activity: 149

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:03:40 AM

With the pre-sale successfully sold out we can only assume this is going to be a successful project. I'm looking forward to seeing how much they raise during the main ICO on August 28th.

Nice!! I think now is also great time for ICO, see how other projects get so much.
drwoo

Activity: 713
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

Nice!! I think now is also great time for ICO, see how other projects get so much.

So how are much are you aiming to raise?
gristinvest5

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:23:02 PM

ChronoLogic, If you had to explain this whole concept to a 10 year old how would you explain it in simple simple terms to someone that young without a ton of crypto knowledge? Very simple in plain english terms.  No fancy crypto terms.  Just wondering as if something can't explain or be understood by a 3rd grader I have never really invested in it.  I want to invest in your ico but I want to see if this can be explained in very very simple terms so a 3rd grader could understand it.  It seems half the grown ups don't understand the entire concept and only a few so please explain in very simple terms from the ico going on down the line.  The concept in simple terms, the reason to invest in the short or long run and reasons to just hold the coin for value.  Say someone just holds the coin for 5 years without doing a thing should he expect a great return on investment?
ChronoLogic

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 01:29:38 AM

So how are much are you aiming to raise?

The hardcap is 38383 ETH, but the project has already received enough in pre-sale and pre-contribution funding to be successfully completed.

ChronoLogic, If you had to explain this whole concept to a 10 year old how would you explain it in simple simple terms to someone that young without a ton of crypto knowledge? Very simple in plain english terms.  No fancy crypto terms.  Just wondering as if something can't explain or be understood by a 3rd grader I have never really invested in it.  I want to invest in your ico but I want to see if this can be explained in very very simple terms so a 3rd grader could understand it.  It seems half the grown ups don't understand the entire concept and only a few so please explain in very simple terms from the ico going on down the line.  The concept in simple terms, the reason to invest in the short or long run and reasons to just hold the coin for value.  Say someone just holds the coin for 5 years without doing a thing should he expect a great return on investment?

I will try.

Basically by contributing in the ICO you are able to mint/self-mine new tokens on your ethereum address (this is called a TimeMint) based on the balance and the amount of time you hold it. Similar to how an interest bearing bank account pays out.

Other time based projects will then be able to run on the same system creating more value for DAY tokens.

As for whether one should expect a great return on investment, people at ChronoLogic obviously believe so but the only person who can answer that is you and anyone else who contributed or is planning to contribute.
gristinvest5

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 02:20:08 AM

So in very simple terms why should I invest in your company? I'm considering a good amount to invest between you and one other on the 28th.    Just in simple terms.  What are your simple expectations for your company in the future and why would investing in your company be a great idea?  Other than your team which speaks for itself and is good enough to make a company profitable.  But other than that why should one invest with you all over other ico's or even for that matter over potential breakthrough otc companies starting out?  Sorry for the questions but I like very clear and logical reasoning for why I should invest a good sum of money especially in something that is brand new and so volatile.  Thank you.  I know you have answered all of the technical questions for people on this board but I invest in companies that I can buy and hold and watch grow and grow and grow producing large returns in the not to distant future.  Not day trading, etc. but more of a speculative investor with a mix of value in there.  You certainly have a good team but I just want to know other than that.
jwiz168

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 02:37:20 AM

So in very simple terms why should I invest in your company? I'm considering a good amount to invest between you and one other on the 28th.    Just in simple terms.  What are your simple expectations for your company in the future and why would investing in your company be a great idea?  Other than your team which speaks for itself and is good enough to make a company profitable.  But other than that why should one invest with you all over other ico's or even for that matter over potential breakthrough otc companies starting out?  Sorry for the questions but I like very clear and logical reasoning for why I should invest a good sum of money especially in something that is brand new and so volatile.  Thank you.  I know you have answered all of the technical questions for people on this board but I invest in companies that I can buy and hold and watch grow and grow and grow producing large returns in the not to distant future.  Not day trading, etc. but more of a speculative investor with a mix of value in there.  You certainly have a good team but I just want to know other than that.

I hope your are a non-US citizen so basically you are so meticulous towards investing. This is probably an alt-account . The newbie has an advanced knowledge in cryptos where high risk  is always present. Try gold investment. Low risk .
de-zentral

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:31:37 PM

If I already donate 1 ETH during precontribution can I send/deposit more ETH as long as it comes from the same original wallet address that was reserved as TimeMint?  I would like to start out with more DAY in my Mint.

Sure, it would work if you used the same address.

Is it also possible after the precontribution has ended?
rainbow169

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:54:45 PM

Very interesting concept, just read this article. Am I too late for the Sale?
CrowdFunder

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 11:58:48 PM

i am ready for my time travel through the universe and the next, i see the moon but so fast that it is actually jupiter, no wait it's alpha centaury  Cool gogo chronologic
jwiz168

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:52:22 AM

Very interesting concept, just read this article. Am I too late for the Sale?

ICO has not started but the presale was over. Mark your calendar Aug 28 is the start of ICO so don't left behind again.
konco_kenthel

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:58:18 AM

Need further explanation for the amount of tokens that will be spent by chronologic so that later can be considered with the best if you want to follow this project.

rudystyle

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:22:38 AM

What will the day tokens be used for? How will they get their value?

Tentakelkopf

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:53:29 PM

I have bought one of the first TimeMints with the minimum contribution of 1 ETH. I thought it would be a good idea to get one early and jumped in without much research. I thought I can sell it later or buy some more DAY in the ICO so I can use my chronopower which should be close to 1%. Now I am not sure if this was a good decision getting the Timemint, you can only sell TimeMint when you have 8888 DAY Tokens, I won't ever get that much. And I won't see much growth with my initial 24 DAY so I probably gonna need to add more when they show to have value.

My Question is: What would prevent me from selling my eth wallet with private key so another person can use the TimeMint? ? I am excited to see where this project is heading too, but I am a bit worried too as I haven't seen any confirmation that I got a Timemint or even contributed, hope this will follow soon.
BlackR4ptor

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:32:29 PM

I'm planning to buy a TimeMint on August 28th, but I'm a little bit skeptical and also would like to know: What will the day tokens be used for? How will they get their value?
ChronoLogic

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 05:36:41 PM

If I already donate 1 ETH during precontribution can I send/deposit more ETH as long as it comes from the same original wallet address that was reserved as TimeMint?  I would like to start out with more DAY in my Mint.

Sure, it would work if you used the same address.

Is it also possible after the precontribution has ended?

No, the precontribution has ended, you can however get a TimeMint in the ICO itself, which will contains DAY tokens, and then transfer it back to your precontribution TimeMint or vice-versa
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: