Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:15:02 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 174 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] Authorship - Making the Internet More Free and Accessible For Authors  (Read 100921 times)
unyil

Activity: 354
Merit: 103

sigs design service➜https://goo.gl/jhz4f8

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 08:01:05 AM

UPDATE: It seems that some participants rely on SPAM to promote their links. Please understand that anyone involved in such activities will get their accounts suspended and will lose his earned ATS tokens. We do not endorse such activities or accept traffic coming this way.

Thank you,
Peter

Then, do you believe in the people who are there? I'm very sure they also rely on SPAM to promote their referral links. Just an opinion, you just publish this bounty campaign but within a few days they have got many followers on their referral link, whether you not suspect about it?

Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 08:22:16 AM

UPDATE: It seems that some participants rely on SPAM to promote their links. Please understand that anyone involved in such activities will get their accounts suspended and will lose his earned ATS tokens. We do not endorse such activities or accept traffic coming this way.

Thank you,
Peter

Then, do you believe in the people who are there? I'm very sure they also rely on SPAM to promote their referral links. Just an opinion, you just publish this bounty campaign but within a few days they have got many followers on their referral link, whether you not suspect about it?

I agree with you. The project is not so honest. There is no slack, no telegram, no twitter, and even no ETH contract address.

Newbie account with 1 activity, i've not seen any reason to not believe what they are saying yet, rather than jumping straight into fud, maybe wait for them to respond to the initial post? lol

Also, the guy with the top referals posted it on /r/beermoney on Reddit, I've seen the post, it's not spam, he legitimately got a huge number of replies and signups.
themathiasmiller

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:03:02 AM

Thank you,
Peter

Honestly I don't think most of the people on there are spamming their referral links. Most people on that list are very popular in a lot of bitcoin related forums and a lot of people trust them that's why I know that they are legit and they are just using their influence to gain such referrals.

ARAW
The Decentralised 
Payment
for E-Commerce Ecosystem
███████████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████████░░░░░░░████████
███████████░░░░▄███████████
███████████░░░░████████████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄▄▄░░░░▄▄▄█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄████████████
█████░████████▀░░░░▀▀▄█████
█████░░▀▀████░░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
████▄▀░░░░░░░░▄▄███████████
████▀░░▀███████████████████
████▄░░▄███████████████████
████░░░░██░░░░▀░░░░░░▀█████
████░░░░██░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀████
████░░░░██░░░░█████░░░░████
peterauthorship (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

CDO Authorship.com

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 09:08:00 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2017, 09:41:25 AM by peterauthorship

The ICO address 0x3aae4da9A22d518996031791D3Bd61f45DEf6aC7 is not a contract address, are your guys sure that isn't a scammer project?

Hi,
We surely aren't a scam. Let's start from here, since I believe this is why you registered, to call us a scam.

Have you done some basic research about us and our company before?

Our parent company is Serious Reading (http://seriousreading.com), we are in the book marketing business for several years, have thousands of authors who use monthly our services, have thousands of authors who already used our services for years, you can find our Company name on dozens of books.

Here's just about 1000 author interviews our company did: http://seriousreading.com/category/author-interviews , proof we weren't born yesterday.

Here's our Facebook page with over 100,000 followers as well: http://facebook.com/seriousReadingBooks/

Going forward: On our Authorship About Us page (http://authorship.com/about-us/) you can find both our address and a video with the CEO. (From what I remember, scams usually have no address, no team, no past background, no nothing). If you are from Maryland area, you could even meet him in person, in case you may reply "how do I know who that guy is".

About the ICO address, yes, it's not a contract address and this is something many ICOs use instead of a contract. The reason are various, but for our particular case:
-unlike ICOs that have an infinite supply of issued tokens, we don't. We have a fixed supply volume.
-some ICOs have a predetermined token price. We don't. 1 ETH = 2000 ATS minimum, but it can get higher than this based on the total amount raised.
-besides ETH, we also accept credit card and wire deposits. A contract could not handle that. (PS: from what I am aware, scams don't have bank accounts, or credit card merchant accounts either; the idea is that they want to stay as hidden as possible)
-a smart contract could have not handled our referral bounty campaign. The free ATS tokens have to be distributed manually.
-right about the time when we were deciding if we should go with a contract or an address and how things should be, there were a few instance of exploited contracts and we wanted to make sure we don't risk it.

Now, regarding your other post below about why we don't use Slack, or Reddit.

Why should I? Last time I checked only 3 million people from all around the world used Slack. If we have no need for their project management platform, why should we be forced to use something we currently don't need. Our management system we currently use is just fine, so we won't change our behavior just because someone thinks that platform is better.

As far as Reddit goes, neither me or my team members are active Reddit users, meaning we wouldn't even be allowed to create a subreddit (these are the rules). I admit, reddit has it's uses, but it's not something you see too often in the publishing world. How would having a reddit channel helped our credibility? We are already using this forum, as a public meeting place, for everyone to see and share their thoughts. There are hundreds of posts all over reddit about our company, should anyone really want to find us there anyway.

I understand many ICOs rely on all these free advertising methods to attract investors. Many probably don't have any other option. We personally used our inhouse $250K advertising budget to advertise through Facebook/Adwords , and I dare to say, the results are much better. Most forum members here saw our ads way earlier than this thread (who for most of the time gets buries through the hundred others here).

As such, people who believe in us and our company, are free to join our ICO. Anyone having doubts can wait until the ICO is over and buy our ATS tokens from third party exchanges later.

Regards,
Peter
CDO Authorship.com

Authorship.com ICO has ended. If you are an investor and you did not received the ATS tokens yet, please send me a PM. Thank you
peterauthorship (OP)

CDO Authorship.com

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 09:12:48 AM

Thank you,
Peter

Honestly I don't think most of the people on there are spamming their referral links. Most people on that list are very popular in a lot of bitcoin related forums and a lot of people trust them that's why I know that they are legit and they are just using their influence to gain such referrals.

Thank you themathiasmiller, that is 100% correct.

Most of the people on that list are known people, with a huge number of followers and lots of influence. Many of them contacted us prior and explained us how they plan to market our ICO.

Since Reddit was referred, there are posts there with hundreds of follow-up comments. There are dozens of Youtube videos explaining our ICO and plenty of blog posts about us. All of these attract genuine visitors.

Authorship.com ICO has ended. If you are an investor and you did not received the ATS tokens yet, please send me a PM. Thank you
peterauthorship (OP)

CDO Authorship.com

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 09:56:08 AM

Thanks for your patiently explanations about my questions. Now I has no doubt about the project, I like the project actually and will join the ICO.

You're welcome Smiley For any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Peter

zefirka

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:12:48 PM

Why i have 0 ATS ? http://bounty.authorship.com/thanks/35229/lp35229?uId=8136964
popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 02:04:17 PM

I think you just need to click on link that come to your mail. Did you do it?
peterauthorship (OP)

CDO Authorship.com

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 02:11:34 PM

Hi,
Your account was flagged because of fraudulent referrals and suspended as a result.

rpgmasters

Activity: 702
Merit: 105

t.me/CryptoPortfel > JOIN

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 02:15:58 PM

Authorship - do u have twitter?

https://t.me/privatepools -> инвecтиpyeм в тoпoвыe кpиптo-пpoeкты.
peterauthorship (OP)

CDO Authorship.com

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 02:23:12 PM

Authorship - do u have twitter?

Not quite, we have an account but didn't use it. We only focus on Facebook.

After running 2 Twitter campaigns here on this forum and seeing the low quality of traffic it provided us, we felt no need for:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2080397.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2096562.0

freqenqerf

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 05:21:00 PM

Hello!
Minimal amount (ico) - 1 eth, not less?
HKGolden

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 05:27:51 PM

This is really amazing !
When we will be able to withdraw our tokens and how can we exchange it for bitcoins or ethereum ? Please explain more !

Hi,
The ATS tokens will be distributed to everyone (investors and promoters) once the ICO is over (on 14th Sept). As far as exchanging goes, we plan to have ATS listed on several exchanges shortly after the ICO is over.

Regards,
Peter

Good to hear that, and really looking forward to 14th Sept now  Wink
zefirka

Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 05:48:02 PM

Hi,
Your account was flagged because of fraudulent referrals and suspended as a result.
I have more 100 ATS, now i have 0
peterauthorship (OP)

CDO Authorship.com

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 05:50:27 PM

Hello!
Minimal amount (ico) - 1 eth, not less?

The recommended minimum is 1 ETH, but you can invest less if you want to.

Regards,
Peter

peterauthorship (OP)

CDO Authorship.com

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 05:54:32 PM

Hi everyone,
It is that time of the day when we announce our daily Top 10 Leaderboard for our bounty campaign.

Our top promoter, for the 3rd day in a row remains Reid Vollett who sent us a total of 149 referrals and earned 11,175 ATS as a result.

Erik James and MrLitex are fighting for the second and third place. Will any of them succeed in getting the #1 spot in the coming days?

We would like to thank everyone involved in our Authorship Bounty campaign.

Regards,
Peter

peterauthorship (OP)

CDO Authorship.com

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 06:04:45 PM

Hello, Congratulations on driving your project! I'm going to participate in the bounty campaign, later I'll read the whitepaper and possibly make a small investment in your project, the presentation is well done! Will the project continue if ICO fails?

Thank you! Look forward to seeing you among our investors.

The ICO already raised over the minimum amount, as such it can be already considered a success. Now, everything we raise goes towards the marketing budget. The higher the marketing budget, the sooner we reach the platform's objectives in terms of members growth.

Nonetheless, we also had an offer for private funding from an Angel Fund, so even if this were to fail, Authorship would have still continued development.

Regards,
Peter

filipe3x

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 08:33:58 PM

Hello, Congratulations on driving your project! I'm going to participate in the bounty campaign, later I'll read the whitepaper and possibly make a small investment in your project, the presentation is well done! Will the project continue if ICO fails?

Thank you! Look forward to seeing you among our investors.

The ICO already raised over the minimum amount, as such it can be already considered a success. Now, everything we raise goes towards the marketing budget. The higher the marketing budget, the sooner we reach the platform's objectives in terms of members growth.

Nonetheless, we also had an offer for private funding from an Angel Fund, so even if this were to fail, Authorship would have still continued development.

Regards,
Peter

Very good news. I'm glad that the project will live. You are doing the right thing.
jstern

Activity: 368
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 08:50:23 PM

Very interesting project. Especially since I'm thinking of writing a book about growing up in a haunted house.

I just always worry about having my text stolen.

I will see if I could invest into this, perhaps next week.
JoePhoenix

Activity: 420

Proof-of-Asset Protocol

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:04:41 PM

The admin is so active which is what I like about this project.

Admin, can you create a Slack channel please.

|

|

▄
           ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄█████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████

█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
█████████  █████████████
▀▀▀▀█████  █████████████
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
                       ▀
|

$1,5 M
|

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
      ▄█████▀▀███▀▀█████▄
    ▄███▀     ███     ▀███▄
   ████       ███       ████
  ███▀                   ▀███
 ███▀                     ▀███
▄██▀       █████████       ▀██▄
███                         ███
███        █████████        ███
███                         ███
▀██▄       █████████       ▄██▀
 ███▄                     ▄███
  ███▄                   ▄███
   ████       ███       ████
    ▀███▄     ███     ▄███▀
      ▀█████▄▄███▄▄█████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
|

|

<>
<>
<>
<>

GITHUB
TWITTER
YOUTUBE
FACEBOOK
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 174 »
  Print  

Jump to: