Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:30:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ICO] nametoken (NAT) - the first decentralized domain eco system  (Read 31683 times)
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 08:07:27 PM

They have competitior in this niche? I did not see similar project.. You know any? I would like to compare them...
Crypto11

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 08:08:45 PM

Mahn, waiting for 90000 RPX token from Red Pulse ICO presages. Funny enough is a 24 hrs presages which I believe is easier to get cheap token then the ICO. The link is here
http://presales.red-pulse.org for who ever want to give it a shot. Good Luck!
Menze

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 08:14:01 PM

Hi!
Interesting project. Noticed that 40% of revenue is going to be used in domains and 30% is for development.

What kind of domains are you going invest, any specific interest?
How about the development, what's going to be the first application?

Investment focus depends on final funding amount. Main application is the "marketplace" with many more features than the well-known market places. As i said there will be more insights in the features the next weeks.

If we are able to realize a high funding amount we will buy some interesting domains which are suitable for e-commerce projects, because we have already realized similar projects with several million income.

br

Frank
magisterr

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 08:17:58 PM

Hi!
Interesting project. Noticed that 40% of revenue is going to be used in domains and 30% is for development.

What kind of domains are you going invest, any specific interest?
How about the development, what's going to be the first application?

Investment focus depends on final funding amount. Main application is the "marketplace" with many more features than the well-known market places. As i said there will be more insights in the features the next weeks.

If we are able to realize a high funding amount we will buy some interesting domains which are suitable for e-commerce projects, because we have already realized similar projects with several million income.

br

Frank

Investors (tokens holders) will have some rewards from your project? or any bonuses may be? If yes, can you tell us?  Roll Eyes
chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 08:36:18 PM

Looks alright, but I have one major question. Are there any incentives for investors that hold these tokens?
Are there any accumulated fees/percentages? I understand that the domain services will be the driving force behind this project, but what are the real benefits/rewards of investing (besides extra tokens for early adopters)?   Cry

Elkmar

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 08:40:28 PM

Is there by any chance a white paper for this startup?  Huh I am interested in this project, and I'm a little familiar with the domain business, but want to acquire a little more detail before I consider investing. Thanks

Sure, its on their website:  https://www.nametoken.io/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/2017/08/nametoken_whitepaper-2.pdf

I was looking for it but could not find it.

It should be more visible. A direct link on first post of the thread could really help. Investors always look for the whitepaper  Smiley

I'm gonna read it right now.
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 08:46:35 PM

I cant find any similar project too, it very cool, nametoken will take more value on a big market if it in monopol situation.
It think they will make the whitepaper more visible soon, they said that they will communicate more features in few days and upgrade the whitepaper maybe. It would be very nice for new comers. All new investors take a look to the white paper to have an idea at least of the concept.
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:00:28 PM

If I get it right you wrote in your whitepaper that you want to burn 50% of the coins you earn in the trades. What will happen if the coins are getting less and less and the value will rise. At some point it will be too much maybe, don't you think so? Will there be a system like creating new ones or change current coins against a new one?

That is exactly the idea to increase the value of the token. I don't see a problem in the decreasing amount of tokens. It is very important for us that investors and users of the token are rewarded for buying/keeping their tokens for long term. There will be no new token in the future.

br

Frank

even if they would getting low on the market, you could always generate new different coins and adapt the system by changing from nametoken to nametoken2. possible?
magisterr

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:15:54 PM

I cant find any similar project too, it very cool, nametoken will take more value on a big market if it in monopol situation.
It think they will make the whitepaper more visible soon, they said that they will communicate more features in few days and upgrade the whitepaper maybe. It would be very nice for new comers. All new investors take a look to the white paper to have an idea at least of the concept.

I remember only one old - Namecoin (NMC) - but this is mining old coin... without perspective...
Its still live?  Roll Eyes
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:21:42 PM

I have read all info on the website, whitepaper and every comment in this thread. But I am still not perfectly understanding what concrete things you are going to do with the money you raise.

Are you actually doing the things listed in the domain eco system, or are those the things the customers can do through the domain marketplace?
matjas

Activity: 798

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:32:26 PM

I remember only one old - Namecoin (NMC) - but this is mining old coin... without perspective...
Its still live?  Roll Eyes

There was also DomainToken but it doesnt evolve at all.
Nametoken has quite big team behind it - 12 people are presented, so we can be sure they will keep evolving the project.

greatteager

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:34:14 PM

What is the minimum amount to start a project? Unsold tokens will be burned?
Thanks
greatteager

Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:36:45 PM

Initial Coin Distribution for team only 7%. This is good decision. I like it Roll Eyes
I hope I can find ethereum to buy some tokens
yeswepump
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:44:56 PM

I've been buying and selling domain names since 1997, and it has been a rather good journey so far.

Companies like Sedo have been doing a great domain marketplace, so I think a decentralized system might be rather successfull.

Joining the ico in a few moments!

mainconcept

Activity: 588
Merit: 422

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:57:56 PM

I've been buying and selling domain names since 1997, and it has been a rather good journey so far.

Companies like Sedo have been doing a great domain marketplace, so I think a decentralized system might be rather successfull.

You're right, sedo and its competitors making a good chunk of money with domain parking, auctions, selling etc.
Rigorous

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 10:02:13 PM

One of the activities in the Domain Eco System is Domain Development. Does that mean that the customer can buy and sell web development services or does Nametoken develop promising domains into businesses?
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 10:51:32 PM

You're right, sedo and its competitors making a good chunk of money with domain parking, auctions, selling etc.

dude, last year i paid something around 200€ at sedo only for parking and buying. i am trying to sell my domains, but those fees...

i need a place, where i can sell it fast and cheap and earning money with tokens, would be ok too, i guess Smiley
onlytemporary

Merit: 101

I am the original miningteam23

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 10:51:49 PM

This is a very interesting concept. The thought of earning a cryptocurrency that will gain value over time just for purchasing a domain name is a great idea and will make it much easier to decide who to purchase through! Grin

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 11:28:09 PM

It seem to be a very cool business to buy and sell internet domain. If nametoken can create a really good platform to trade domain name the value of the token will be very huge. There is no similar project with crypto currencies application. The timing for a project like that is very good. A lot of people want to buy name domain to keep an idea lock, the potential is huge !
Rigorous

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 12:12:31 AM

I have a question about the case study.

The founder of Nametoken has bought the domain name “druckerpatronen.de” (ink cartridges) a few years ago as a domain investment.

The domain has been developed and is now one of the largest online shops for printer cartriges in Germany.

Did the founder develop the business behind druckerpatronen.de too, or did he sell the domain name to a 3rd party who then developed the site?

If it's the prior case, then I do not see how the case study is relevant. Owning the domain name and actually developing a business on that domain are very different things and require completely different skillsets. Is the success owed to the domain name or the business skills of the developer?

I wonder because some parked domain names without any business attached to them have been sold for astronomical amounts of money too.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: