Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 05:11:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ICO] nametoken (NAT) - the first decentralized domain eco system  (Read 31683 times)
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 05:11:44 PM

Are you going perform function as domain registrar? If yes, you have lisence already? Also you planning to provide a hosting?  Roll Eyes

Our primary focus is the domain marketplace with all its features. Later we will work on hosting, since I believe decentralized hosting will get very important.
Regarding registry: Since we run a really huge domain portfolio already, we have great conditions at some registrars. So this is currently not our priority. But we will definately consider this part as well.

What about price for different register zones? (for foreign country?) If I want to buy german domain, and my friend (from another country) want to buy domain German domain also - price will be same?
pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 05:20:46 PM

Nametoken will allow to host any kind of site even the ones with illegal content on them?

Why would they host sites?

They mentioned about hosting on their website.

Voltaje

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:44:34 PM

FINALLY, a crypto project about domains Cheesy, I did buy some with google. but were very limited, and the payment was of course in dollars and visa, but with cryptocurrencies in the mix this will make payments very flexible, and now I'm curious what else could the blockchain do with domains, a lot of projects are based in the ethereum blockchain, I wager that implementing them in web pages, could be a benefit, apart from the decentralized thing that is common with the technology, anyway, the point is, this will be HUGE, one way or another, good luck with the ICO Cheesy.
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2870
Merit: 605

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:45:05 PM

Are you going perform function as domain registrar? If yes, you have lisence already? Also you planning to provide a hosting?  Roll Eyes

Our primary focus is the domain marketplace with all its features. Later we will work on hosting, since I believe decentralized hosting will get very important.
Regarding registry: Since we run a really huge domain portfolio already, we have great conditions at some registrars. So this is currently not our priority. But we will definately consider this part as well.

What about price for different register zones? (for foreign country?) If I want to buy german domain, and my friend (from another country) want to buy domain German domain also - price will be same?
nice question the price of domains will be the same if buyers are from different countries?
sth2017

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 08:17:31 PM

Why such a long period of fundraising? Do you doubt the success of your project?

████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████

████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
|
|

_████████_       
      _████████████████_     
    _███████       ██████_   
   _████            ██████_  
  _████                ████_ 
  ████                   ███
 ████                    ████
  ████                  ███
   ████          ██     ███¯
    ███         ████   ███¯  
     ████         ██ ████   
      ¯██████   ███████  ¯    
        ¯█████████  ██
                     ███
                      ████

_████████_       
      _ ██████████████_     
      ██████       ████_   
      ████          ████_  
      ████           ████_ 
      █████          ███¯   
      █████████████████¯ 
      ██████████████¯
      ████¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯████__
      ████        ¯¯████_  
      ████          ¯████_
      ████           ¯████           

████_      ████¯      
       ████_    ████¯      
        ████_  ████¯       
         ████ ████¯       
          ███████¯     
        _████ ████     
       _████  ¯████    
      _████    ¯████    
     _████      ¯████    

|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████

████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
Gecko8

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 10:53:52 PM

Are you going perform function as domain registrar? If yes, you have lisence already? Also you planning to provide a hosting?  Roll Eyes

nice question the price of domains will be the same if buyers are from different countries?

I have not found any indication in the material, that it would be a different price, just depending from where you would buy. Based on my experience of buying a domain was, that it was a dollar price list, and pricing was depending on whether a domain ended e.g. with .com (higher price) or a less common ending. I guess it will be similar here.
Gecko8

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 11:04:26 PM

Why such a long period of fundraising? Do you doubt the success of your project?

Why do you relate a long period of fundraising to any doubts to success for this project? They made it clear in their announcement, that they actually want to distribute 90% of all their tokens. This is a lot and it will take its time. I could imaging a great potential for them. Domain selling was already before blockchain technology a lucrative business. And this team has obviously already over 20 years experience in that. So this combination of experience with the topic itself + blockchain sounds to me very, very promising.
pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:21:06 AM

Not everyone feels comfortable about using cryptos.
Will there be any alternatives for buying domains other than NAT? Or an easy way to convert fiat into NAT?
maioran

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:53:19 AM

lol sorry guys but "+ 7.200 % in 5 years!" or "Nametoken Bonus System"- look at the amount of BTC! first goal is 1000 BTC

Will you fly to Victoria, Mahe, Seychelles (@imprint) to get your money back? ... very dubious.
BUT this is only my opinion. Buy in if you think this is a good project.

ICO 40% OFF  Δ    Δ  A-TOKEN Index  Δ    Δ  ICO
Oct.10 - Dec.15                            Oct.10 - Dec.15[/b
bitcoin-shark

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:31:34 PM

Are you going perform function as domain registrar? If yes, you have lisence already? Also you planning to provide a hosting?  Roll Eyes

I have not found any indication in the material, that it would be a different price, just depending from where you would buy. Based on my experience of buying a domain was, that it was a dollar price list, and pricing was depending on whether a domain ended e.g. with .com (higher price) or a less common ending. I guess it will be similar here.
maybe you are right price will be the same the only differences will be currency and kind of domain(.com/.us/.eu  etc)...
aioc

Activity: 2926
Merit: 567

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 05:00:24 AM

There's an advantage for holding a long period of fundraising people will get to know the project better I have been late on some great ico and by holding this period people will get to see the project more my request is for the dev to update us more often about the process and the development.

Jens79

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 05:34:16 AM

Well, lot's ICOs offer Presale, ICO Round 1, Round 2 and so on.
We decided it would be best to run one ICO, for 2 months. We believe in the project and want to reach as many people during the ICO as possible. Furthermore lot's of potential investors don't simply send you their coins, they want to discuss the background, get more informations, discuss the invest with their team, and so on. So i think two months is a good timeline for an ICO.
tigz

Activity: 742
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 10:49:17 AM

hello. What would be the duration of the video in bounty, how many stakes will get  for it ? What is the minimum limit of fees in ICO?
viljy

Activity: 1764
Merit: 915

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 06:17:01 PM

I noticed this branch before, but did not pay attention. Now I have read the website and the documents in more detail, and I see that this is an interesting project. Crypto-decentralized platform of domain names. Such a project clearly has very good prospects in the future.
Euro1000

Activity: 209
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:54:38 AM

I do not understand the need of another coin here.
If I want to buy a domain I could simply use FIAT and I think it is also possible to buy domains by BTC etc.

Or to put in another words: If we create for each product a coin we would come to PizzaCoins and BurgerCoins.
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:01:23 AM

I do not understand the need of another coin here.
If I want to buy a domain I could simply use FIAT and I think it is also possible to buy domains by BTC etc.

Or to put in another words: If we create for each product a coin we would come to PizzaCoins and BurgerCoins.

I agree on some parts. It's stupid to create tokens or coins for activa that you can easily buy with fiat (eg Pizza & Burger)
However a token for a service like a domain name does make more sense.

Obi One

Activity: 518
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:01:37 AM

Guys, hello everyone! I take part in the bounty in social networks (slack, facebook and twitter). Registered in them a few days ago, but still did not appear in the Google table. I sent the application again - to no avail.
  Tell me who to contact to solve this problem.
P.S. For English is strictly not to judge, I'm from Belarus Cheesy
Euro1000

Activity: 209
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:07:18 AM

Why? If I want to pay by FIAT or BTC I could simply do this.
If I want to pay by NAT, I have to install another NAT-Wallet, have to make Backups of it, store the passphrase, have to convert BTC into NAT and afterwards I can pay.
This is to much effort if you just buy one domain every two years. Of course, if you buy domains every day it would be better.
bitcoin-shark

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 06:49:42 PM

Why? If I want to pay by FIAT or BTC I could simply do this.
If I want to pay by NAT, I have to install another NAT-Wallet, have to make Backups of it, store the passphrase, have to convert BTC into NAT and afterwards I can pay.
This is to much effort if you just buy one domain every two years. Of course, if you buy domains every day it would be better.
is always better have more choice,more payment option(fiat,altcoin,bitcoin etc),more easy for everyone to buy...
Jens79

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 07:52:54 PM

Guys, hello everyone! I take part in the bounty in social networks (slack, facebook and twitter). Registered in them a few days ago, but still did not appear in the Google table. I sent the application again - to no avail.
  Tell me who to contact to solve this problem.
P.S. For English is strictly not to judge, I'm from Belarus Cheesy

Hi there,
did you already get help from our team member? If not, please PM me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: