Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:22:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading sucks, I'll just hold my coins  (Read 25856 times)
bs9

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 06:44:23 PM

Yesterday I just lost 1.8k USD, maybe in USA or in West Europe that's doesn't much, but here in my shitty country that's a f* big amount of money. Here the minimum wage is ~ 300 USD / month. So that's like 6 month of work if I cut my bread and water and live on air. Half of my saving were other investments, but anyways... I'm feeling shitty right now. Oh, and I break my laptop. So yeah, that's another - 500 usd.

I though I can trade. Buy low, sell high. Sounds good, doesn't work.

Looking at the charts and candle sticks and watching old bitcoin values, and huge spikes (pump, I saw here how people uses the pump word, daaaamn...) I was... yeah, I can totally do that. I'll just buy when it's low, and sell it when it reaches the top. Well, I was wrong. You can't see the future, otherwise everyone would be a millionaire. That would be true if you would have a delorean from '85 with Emmett Brown and Marty Mcfly and you could f* travel in future and see the PUMPS!!!1

So anyone who will read this message (noobs like me) if you don't have any trading experience, don't do it. There are expert traders who know how this market works, when to buy and when to sell. Don't assume your skills by watching youtube videos and reading "daily indexes and predictions" of how the price will rise or go down by shitty sites. That's just dumb. You don't know what's gonna happen. Maybe a little bit of luck, or I don't know.

So yeah, from now on, I'll just leave the trading area for experts and I will invest in bitcoin by buying every 2 week or monthly and saving into my wallet. And one day (I hope so) the price will rise and I will buy for my self a delorean.

Cheers!
Trading is not easy, we  heard many time some people earn quickly from trading.But we donot know  how much time they spend this trading.So first you research and than invest your money.I think you will be success in this platform.You can also hold your coin for 1-2 years you will must profited.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kizaki

Activity: 413
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 07:26:08 PM

I see some replies that trading is not for everyone. That's not wrong but that's not correct either. It takes a bunch of skills and time management when you embark on the path of trading. Yes, its easy to say the you should buy low and sell high. But that's only the pattern that guides us when we trade. That's the way we should earn and hope to earn. Everyone should understand the fundamentals needed to trading. The patience and the knowledge it needs. Yes, trading is hard but that's only because you are just starting to do it. As you becoming a real trader, as you get more experience, its not really that hard. Being passionate and dedicated is mostly the key. The reason why we do trades is because its very versatile. There are so many techniques to be found and learn. So many resources to research to. There are a bunch of things everyone can do. Yes, trading is not for everyone but only when you are not passionate about it. You can try to copy other people and try to start from there. What really matters is that you'll earn profits and only that.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
BUK2016

Activity: 770
Merit: 126

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 08:33:58 PM

Yesterday I just lost 1.8k USD, maybe in USA or in West Europe that's doesn't much, but here in my shitty country that's a f* big amount of money. Here the minimum wage is ~ 300 USD / month. So that's like 6 month of work if I cut my bread and water and live on air. Half of my saving were other investments, but anyways... I'm feeling shitty right now. Oh, and I break my laptop. So yeah, that's another - 500 usd.

Looking at the charts and candle sticks and watching old bitcoin values, and huge spikes (pump, I saw here how people uses the pump word, daaaamn...) I was... yeah, I can totally do that. I'll just buy when it's low, and sell it when it reaches the top. Well, I was wrong. You can't see the future, otherwise everyone would be a millionaire. That would be true if you would have a delorean from '85 with Emmett Brown and Marty Mcfly and you could f* travel in future and see the PUMPS!!!1

So anyone who will read this message (noobs like me) if you don't have any trading experience, don't do it. There are expert traders who know how this market works, when to buy and when to sell. Don't assume your skills by watching youtube videos and reading "daily indexes and predictions" of how the price will rise or go down by shitty sites. That's just dumb. You don't know what's gonna happen. Maybe a little bit of luck, or I don't know.

So yeah, from now on, I'll just leave the trading area for experts and I will invest in bitcoin by buying every 2 week or monthly and saving into my wallet. And one day (I hope so) the price will rise and I will buy for my self a delorean.

Cheers!
Who ever learn from his or her mistake has already  failed. It is good you have learn a had lesson by discovering the fact that you are not good in trading crypto currency. The best thing is to concentrate on the area that you have a comparative advantage.   
Rana590

Activity: 1750
Merit: 267

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 09:10:26 PM

Trading can be your good choice if you have enough experience on it. Otherwise there will be a big chance to lose money. I suggest you to not buy dead coins. Trading has also some risk. If you don't like to take it, simply hold your coins and get profit in the time of pump.
BernardoGomes

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 10:14:29 PM

What do you guys say about Starta coin ? I have invested in their ICO , now i'm confused if I should sell or hold it  Huh
2hot2handle

Activity: 180

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 11:08:46 PM

If you dont have much money dont try invest in this crypto world. All play black jack is better for you

investment in crypto doesn't must have a lot of money, most importantly we can manage capital and see the potential of a coin really nice to put our money.

I remember when I started trading crypto I only have $100 in my pocket I gamble it and tried if I can multiply my money. I did not put everything in altcoins because I've read here that putting everything in one basket is not good. So I invested in different coins there are other coins that I did not profit but mostly I was on profit. And now my $100 became $500 and it took months before I cam this far but the hard work and patience paid off and even if people will think this is just a little amount of money for me its already a treasure.

Dice    |    Caraycruz    |    Roulette    |    Multicolor   |   Bounties    |    Lottery    |    Exchange    |    Affiliates
████████████████████ [   B I T S L E R   C A S I N O   ] ████████████████████
★           $20,000 Weekly Wagering Contest           ★          $5,000 Weekly BTSLR Coin Contest           ★
mozillaspez

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:50:41 AM

From what I have seen for the past 4 years, trading in Bitcoin (and the altcoins) is just like gambling. A select few may profit out of it, but the vast majority are going to lose their investment capital. I have stayed out of trading ever since I joined this forum. And I am doing just fine.  Grin
It is not like gambling don't mention gambling because gambling is a sin in many religions so i would like to say that trading in bitcoin is depended on luck that when bitcoin goes pump when goes down but in right ways it always goes up.
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 08:02:35 AM

From what I have seen for the past 4 years, trading in Bitcoin (and the altcoins) is just like gambling. A select few may profit out of it, but the vast majority are going to lose their investment capital. I have stayed out of trading ever since I joined this forum. And I am doing just fine.  Grin
It is not like gambling don't mention gambling because gambling is a sin in many religions so i would like to say that trading in bitcoin is depended on luck that when bitcoin goes pump when goes down but in right ways it always goes up.

Oops you are taking it as too serious. There are many people in the world involves in gambling and many wrong activities. Some people compare it with gambling due they are facing bump and dump in the same time and facing lose right. That is the case. If you are skilled trader you will utilize both the time for your favour.
Naughtis

Activity: 113

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 08:38:15 AM

in the world of trading the key is a patience, if you can not do that then you will lose, and if you take action to hold the coin up to several years to come it is a good action like investment.
Yes trading sucks sometimes, so hold your coins. And I would like to add some more things to do during crisis i.e. as follows:
1   Try to control your emotions during hardships.
2   Don’t panic yourself when bear any loss.
3   Try to learn from your mistakes and make some wise decisions.

Thank you for additional information you leave for us. Well, trading is indeed sucks. Like you take risk  your saved BTC for a price that you didn't realize it didn't high enough, or it is not really acceptable. Well, that wasnt an issue anymore if youre really in need of finance. Taking risk will only result either you win or lose. Let never be discourage on what we are doing.

J Gambler

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 08:46:56 AM

Cheers!
Trading is not easy, we  heard many time some people earn quickly from trading.But we donot know  how much time they spend this trading.So first you research and than invest your money.I think you will be success in this platform.You can also hold your coin for 1-2 years you will must profited.
Yes its true, trading is not easy as what others were thinking. In trading you are being gambled in two things either you win or you lose. And of course having a knowledge on bitcoin and how it works,how prices are changing would be very helpful. And sometimes trading makes you a overthinker, many how's and why's will come up, so be a wise trader.

Y U MAD AT ME
Russelmain

Activity: 133

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 08:58:58 AM

Trade does not depend on luck, but on knowledge, experience and analysis. If you just try to guess in the trade, then it really will be like a gambling game and will bring a lot of losses.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 09:57:14 AM

Trade does not depend on luck, but on knowledge, experience and analysis. If you just try to guess in the trade, then it really will be like a gambling game and will bring a lot of losses.

Trading sucks if you're not having any progress with it especially if you've been trading for a while already. I think you have to check your process and revalidate how you're trading because the error wpuld probably be there

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..███████████████████████████████
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:25:52 AM

many new trader try to buy altcoin and bitcoin by news or advice on bitcointalk or just by friend say "buy that coin, it's will go to moon tonight"
that is your money.

Cheers!

i won't buy if the advice is like that because i have this experience in my earlier trading and the reality i am currently hold until 3 monts or more. i'd better to search by myself, doing analyze for the coins, determine the price for buying and selling. if the conditions is like now, my advice is better to hold our coins and don't sell to cut loss.
That your approach of thinking. This is exciting to listen that you will dare to take risks at tough time but mostly it is advised in business domain to go for low risky thing. Holding is better and yield you more profit than day trading but still it is your plan to which you have to stick.
richcorner100

Activity: 616

https://exip.live/

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 02:07:26 AM

When the first time trading should be think and analyze the market many times to make no mistake in buying coin. Trading not only need knowledge of market analysis but also requires good patience and good psychology as it is do not greedy. Many people are successful in trading but not by luck but they always learn from mistakes and always want to make money.

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 
fiomcorka

Activity: 496
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 11:13:05 AM

Trading requires maturity of analysis as well as diligent learnings. No instant successful trader, they experience bitterness in their journey to become a successful trader. However, holding coins still better, because we still have hope to make profit when one day experience a surge in value.
Definitely, it requires technical analysis and a lot of time to make fine decisions to get profit in the market. But sometimes our bad decisions help us in learning new things and discovering new ways to make money from bitcoins. Just be patient at loss and don’t panic.
Lumada

Activity: 520
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 11:47:21 AM

Trading requires maturity of analysis as well as diligent learnings. No instant successful trader, they experience bitterness in their journey to become a successful trader. However, holding coins still better, because we still have hope to make profit when one day experience a surge in value.
Definitely, it requires technical analysis and a lot of time to make fine decisions to get profit in the market. But sometimes our bad decisions help us in learning new things and discovering new ways to make money from bitcoins. Just be patient at loss and don’t panic.

Never panic and always make some plans. Always think that btc have still a possibility to increase like it did few years ago.it is evident how graph approves in the past years.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
Streamlink

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 01:29:27 PM

trading moves the market and it is necessary for the spreading of bitcoin to the masses. greed is the one that leads you to losing money. remember trading is a zero sum game, for every winner there is a loser. So educate your self, accept your loses and don't be greedy. That way you may end up winning this game.
Very well said! I think it is not the trading which sucks but your own personal interest which plays a vital role in any of the task which you perform. If you are not feeling good while doing trading, better is not to get into it. Holding will be the very much appropriate option in that case.
Yes, Going against your interests make you often pa big costs. There is literally no need of wasting money and time in trading if you are unable to manage your emotions and can’t cope with the fluctuations of the crypto market. Holding is the best strategy of making profits under all circumstances.
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 01:30:51 PM

In any way to lose 1.8k is better than 10k. Also I sincerely hope that it wasn't your last money. It's a good thing that you decided to quit, propability to earn on trading is very low
He doesn’t have to quit. If it is his desire to trade, he can decide to learn more on how to trade successfully and limit failure. And secondly, earning on trading is not low, you just need to know the basics and play safe.
J Gambler

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 02:10:40 PM

Trading is sometimes sucks when your about to trade your investment but suddenly the price wasn't that profitable as you expected. Its because the world of trading is unpredictable when it is going to hit to a good state or when it goes to worst.  And sometimes you come to think to just hold your coins is better than trade it, and i guess its a good idea also just wait until you found that its the right time torade your coins. Well its all up to you either you trade it or just hold it.

Y U MAD AT ME
ronafurw

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 07:16:24 PM

Trading dont suck at all. You loose all this money simply because u jumped steps of learning, u should have done with low values, and if u loose that much money and u got this pissed(from your mistake) it means that u shouldnt do this size of trade. BUT, if ur wiling to hold ur coins, good luck on this way down  Roll Eyes

I understand if op wants it, the expertise and style of each trader is very different, if we do not dare speculate then it can hold as long as possible until the price becomes clear, it is tantamount to investing in gold assets. But it should be noted that we also have to be reactive to weak coins that can be didelist anytime by the market, we need to take quick steps to sell it.
That is not right. You do not need any money to learn how to trade. I got to know how to trade without spending a single dime except for buying data to watch youtube videos anyway and today it has paid a lot. Don't restrict yourself from all the information you can get online.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: