Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:22:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading sucks, I'll just hold my coins  (Read 25856 times)
Neo--

Activity: 658
Merit: 288

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 01:03:02 AM

Yesterday I just lost 1.8k USD, maybe in USA or in West Europe that's doesn't much, but here in my shitty country that's a f* big amount of money. Here the minimum wage is ~ 300 USD / month. So that's like 6 month of work if I cut my bread and water and live on air. Half of my saving were other investments, but anyways... I'm feeling shitty right now. Oh, and I break my laptop. So yeah, that's another - 500 usd.

I though I can trade. Buy low, sell high. Sounds good, doesn't work.

Looking at the charts and candle sticks and watching old bitcoin values, and huge spikes (pump, I saw here how people uses the pump word, daaaamn...) I was... yeah, I can totally do that. I'll just buy when it's low, and sell it when it reaches the top. Well, I was wrong. You can't see the future, otherwise everyone would be a millionaire. That would be true if you would have a delorean from '85 with Emmett Brown and Marty Mcfly and you could f* travel in future and see the PUMPS!!!1

So anyone who will read this message (noobs like me) if you don't have any trading experience, don't do it. There are expert traders who know how this market works, when to buy and when to sell. Don't assume your skills by watching youtube videos and reading "daily indexes and predictions" of how the price will rise or go down by shitty sites. That's just dumb. You don't know what's gonna happen. Maybe a little bit of luck, or I don't know.

So yeah, from now on, I'll just leave the trading area for experts and I will invest in bitcoin by buying every 2 week or monthly and saving into my wallet. And one day (I hope so) the price will rise and I will buy for my self a delorean.

Cheers!

HODLing is the best way to make profit bruh. sorry for your lost.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
princesocapuyo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:47:21 AM

I'm with you on that one for sure, especially if you do not have the experience trading or you do not have the money to lose investing it initially in order to learn.

Savemore

Activity: 952
Merit: 274

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:53:04 AM

Yesterday I just lost 1.8k USD, maybe in USA or in West Europe that's doesn't much, but here in my shitty country that's a f* big amount of money. Here the minimum wage is ~ 300 USD / month. So that's like 6 month of work if I cut my bread and water and live on air. Half of my saving were other investments, but anyways... I'm feeling shitty right now. Oh, and I break my laptop. So yeah, that's another - 500 usd.

Looking at the charts and candle sticks and watching old bitcoin values, and huge spikes (pump, I saw here how people uses the pump word, daaaamn...) I was... yeah, I can totally do that. I'll just buy when it's low, and sell it when it reaches the top. Well, I was wrong. You can't see the future, otherwise everyone would be a millionaire. That would be true if you would have a delorean from '85 with Emmett Brown and Marty Mcfly and you could f* travel in future and see the PUMPS!!!1

So anyone who will read this message (noobs like me) if you don't have any trading experience, don't do it. There are expert traders who know how this market works, when to buy and when to sell. Don't assume your skills by watching youtube videos and reading "daily indexes and predictions" of how the price will rise or go down by shitty sites. That's just dumb. You don't know what's gonna happen. Maybe a little bit of luck, or I don't know.

So yeah, from now on, I'll just leave the trading area for experts and I will invest in bitcoin by buying every 2 week or monthly and saving into my wallet. And one day (I hope so) the price will rise and I will buy for my self a delorean.

Cheers!
If you don't have a good plan, for sure you will lose in the trading. We must have always plan beforr trading and also we must have a wise/good decision for use to earn money in trading.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 03:38:00 AM

That is the case, at least with crypto-currencies such as Bitcoin which are protected against inflation. Even if we hold them, we will be able to reap good profits in the future, as these currencies are protected against inflation. As the user-base expands, their value will also increase.
prashanta
Copper Member

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:15:16 AM

Regarding this topic, Holding is the best secure way to make huge profit if it is a stable coin like bitcoin, ether, waves etc. Even if you hold them, you will be able to reap good profits in the future. but whenever the market will be dump, you should daily trade to grow up your accumulating stock.
nelsledma

Activity: 572

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:10:58 AM

I'm really sad. After I'm buying particular coin, after how many hours or days. It keep dumping. Since I started trading. Always loss. All my coins are negative. Almost 50% loss. I'm very sad guys, hoping you guys should study and keep reading.

There is every possibility you did not study the market before buying and you probably bought when the market was being pumped. It is sad to lose but it should be a learning experience. Most altcoins are totally good for being pumped and it is always a mistake to buy when it has been pumped to a very high level. Everyone who bought wants to drop fast for profit and FOMOs like you end up getting fried. Number 1 rule is never to be a FOMO if you want to play safe in trading except you are sure you still have a good standing based on previous market. Best is to buy below previous support level or at least at dips and study some few-days-back chart.
Incase you have no idea what FOMO means (Fear Of Missing Out) ... Grin So you don't think I cursed you... Grin
Well said! Where most people always get it wrong is that they never studied before trying their hands on trading and some even make the mistake of going in big! Rome was not built in a day. It takes practice and experience. However, your strategy is quite lovely.
BitcoinCommodor

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 10:40:30 AM

With anything, dont invest what you cant afford to lose.

Did you research these projects before you purchased?
i agree to you, dont buy any altcoin if you dont want to take the risks.
before you buy some alt you need to know about and that project before you purchased.

That's correct and if you invest in any altcoin blindly without doing any research then you will surely loose money in it so if you don't have any idea about altcoins the best thing would be to buy bitcoin and hold it till the price goes higher in future and sell when you are making good profits from it.
Investment without reseach just is gambling, you cannot call this is trading or investment.
You are also a gambler when use your money for invest to an altcoin by the promote from someone Wink
Yeah it is time to stay calm and don’t be panic just hold and the time will come when you will release them at higher rate and the most of the common thing when new investor sees the price going down he will be in the panic situation and then he sold at low and this gave him loss the only way to score profit is sell high buy low.

tailwate07

Activity: 368
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:29:40 AM

Cheers!

yes of course if you can not do short term trading the right choice is to play long term, safer because not too fooled by the price in the market.
It actually depends on every individual. In this case if he is not easy with day trading, if he doesn’t markup the day trade better then definitely long term trading is much better. Just buy some coins and hold it for time, see your results after years. Astonished you would be.
xFiber

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:30:53 AM

That is the case, at least with crypto-currencies such as Bitcoin which are protected against inflation. Even if we hold them, we will be able to reap good profits in the future, as these currencies are protected against inflation. As the user-base expands, their value will also increase.
Exactly. For example bitcoin. I don't worry about the price whatsoever because I know at the end of the day bitcoin will become very important in the future so panicking no for a small 10-50% loss isn't necessairy at all.
sasaki111

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:41:32 PM

Trading is suck if you're not suitable with it. Many people already improved that you can earn good from trading , from a small into a big one. And opposites, many others already improved trading isn't fit with them at all too. They lost eveything after trading in 2 months ( with a big money of course ) . So in this case , trading isn't a best way for you to earn profit.
bestluck

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 10:05:18 PM

before you buy some alt you need to know about and that project before you purchased.

That's correct and if you invest in any altcoin blindly without doing any research then you will surely loose money in it so if you don't have any idea about altcoins the best thing would be to buy bitcoin and hold it till the price goes higher in future and sell when you are making good profits from it.
Investment without reseach just is gambling, you cannot call this is trading or investment.
You are also a gambler when use your money for invest to an altcoin by the promote from someone Wink
Yeah it is time to stay calm and don’t be panic just hold and the time will come when you will release them at higher rate and the most of the common thing when new investor sees the price going down he will be in the panic situation and then he sold at low and this gave him loss the only way to score profit is sell high buy low.

As far as buying and selling is concerned, then you are very much right that buy when low and sell when high. As far as trading is concerned, I think if you are not doing well in the field of trading, then there is no harm in taking a pause. Holding is in fact the best option for the one who is not good at trading.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 10:41:11 PM

As far as buying and selling is concerned, then you are very much right that buy when low and sell when high. As far as trading is concerned, I think if you are not doing well in the field of trading, then there is no harm in taking a pause. Holding is in fact the best option for the one who is not good at trading.

But if you choose to hold your coins, make sure you are holding the right currency. I think it's not a good idea to hold AltCoins for much time, especially those AltCoins that pump and dump fast and has greater volatility than Bitcoin. If you want to be a long term holder choose Bitcoin, in my opinion that is the best idea. I don't know how OP have lost $1800, but he could just hold the BTCs and I doubt he would have losses...

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
lilRoy07

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 03:35:33 AM

unless you sold at a loss you havent made a loss Wink
panorama

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 03:46:44 AM

The problem with trading is that it's much harder than it looks, so it's very appealing to new investors. I've found that I'm much better suited for a buy and hold strategy, although I'll sometimes trade in and out of a coin if it's something I'm willing to hold long term. This way, I don't feel too stressed if the price drops and I'm not able to sell it.

949miner

Activity: 448

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 03:51:32 AM

It is obviously that holding gives more profits than trading, but only if you know how to choose and decide in which altcoins are you going to invest, otherwise you are not going to earn a penny from it. It is too easy to say, but a little bit difficult to do it, anyway, everybody who has been holding in the last months can know that holding gives more profits.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-      
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_  
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██  
  ▐██▌                      
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
amueller

Activity: 57
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 03:55:24 AM

if you have small skills with only think to make money you will hate trading trading need some one who believe in it and ready to pay more for that
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:11:19 AM

From what I have seen for the past 4 years, trading in Bitcoin (and the altcoins) is just like gambling. A select few may profit out of it, but the vast majority are going to lose their investment capital. I have stayed out of trading ever since I joined this forum. And I am doing just fine.  Grin
It is not like gambling don't mention gambling because gambling is a sin in many religions so i would like to say that trading in bitcoin is depended on luck that when bitcoin goes pump when goes down but in right ways it always goes up.

Oops you are taking it as too serious. There are many people in the world involves in gambling and many wrong activities. Some people compare it with gambling due they are facing bump and dump in the same time and facing lose right. That is the case. If you are skilled trader you will utilize both the time for your favour.
Yes, you are very much right. But I think if someone is not doing well in trading even if he is a good trader, then there is no point of doing trade and losing your Bitcoins. In fact, taking a break for some time is a very good option.

Holding is a very good option as well and you can earn a good amount of money by even holding you Bitcoins.
coin_1122

Activity: 1134
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:30:25 AM

Trading always needs a lot of patience and dedication because you need to learn many things about the market fluctuations. Every time we won't get positive results through trading we have to wait patiently when we reach our target price.
kakusnice

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 12:13:47 PM

Oh well. Sometimes we have to learn it the hard way. When i started trading i enjoyed it to the point where i lost half of what i invested because i base my judgment on what people tell me. From then on i didn't want to do it again. Trading is only for those who are patient and daring. Guess i'm not both.
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 12:48:32 PM

Trading always needs a lot of patience and dedication because you need to learn many things about the market fluctuations. Every time we won't get positive results through trading we have to wait patiently when we reach our target price.
Yeaaa it should be done with a lot of passion .
When you do it with full spirit want to know and learn more to make profit through trading you will become patient then.
Without that you might just get tired too early when actually the goal is so nearly in front of you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: