Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:41:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading sucks, I'll just hold my coins  (Read 25856 times)
Genamant

Activity: 730
Merit: 102

Trphy.io

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:08:02 AM

From what I have seen for the past 4 years, trading in Bitcoin (and the altcoins) is just like gambling. A select few may profit out of it, but the vast majority are going to lose their investment capital. I have stayed out of trading ever since I joined this forum. And I am doing just fine.  Grin
It is not like gambling don't mention gambling because gambling is a sin in many religions so i would like to say that trading in bitcoin is depended on luck that when bitcoin goes pump when goes down but in right ways it always goes up.

Oops you are taking it as too serious. There are many people in the world involves in gambling and many wrong activities. Some people compare it with gambling due they are facing bump and dump in the same time and facing lose right. That is the case. If you are skilled trader you will utilize both the time for your favour.
Yes, you are very much right. But I think if someone is not doing well in trading even if he is a good trader, then there is no point of doing trade and losing your Bitcoins. In fact, taking a break for some time is a very good option.

Holding is a very good option as well and you can earn a good amount of money by even holding you Bitcoins.

traders are switching fromg being a day traders to being a long term trader by choice not because they are trapped with their trades ,there are lots of good coins coming out that are worth holding for quite a long time

Ahmedcss28

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:22:23 AM

I really want to thank you for this post and for sharing your experience ! I've been thinking about trading and do the same like you , and fellow what ive seen and what i've watxhed on youtube but now ! I don't think i am gonna do that
d1ceplayer

Activity: 686
Merit: 277

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:32:01 AM

From what I have seen for the past 4 years, trading in Bitcoin (and the altcoins) is just like gambling. A select few may profit out of it, but the vast majority are going to lose their investment capital. I have stayed out of trading ever since I joined this forum. And I am doing just fine.  Grin
It is not like gambling don't mention gambling because gambling is a sin in many religions so i would like to say that trading in bitcoin is depended on luck that when bitcoin goes pump when goes down but in right ways it always goes up.

Oops you are taking it as too serious. There are many people in the world involves in gambling and many wrong activities. Some people compare it with gambling due they are facing bump and dump in the same time and facing lose right. That is the case. If you are skilled trader you will utilize both the time for your favour.
Yes, you are very much right. But I think if someone is not doing well in trading even if he is a good trader, then there is no point of doing trade and losing your Bitcoins. In fact, taking a break for some time is a very good option.

Holding is a very good option as well and you can earn a good amount of money by even holding you Bitcoins.
Trading is not for everyone and it really demands lot patience along with hard work for making big profits in trading. Trading is not for those who have bad control over emotions and are not in favor of working hard or risking their money.

Trading is much more complicated than signature campaigns. In trading you need to stay online all the time, reading complex charts to figure out the best time for selling your coins.
TwoSigm4

Activity: 48

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:42:49 AM

I suggest you to hold in BYC,
You ll get free forking
And you ll get it higher price.

Later you can go for shopping fir many coins Smiley
vittorio301

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:47:03 AM

I lost on my first buy as well. I thought I could ride the Green dildo and sell the top. HAHA. i was ignorant. lost most of that investment. still have it to keep reminding myself of my naive ways. I too just invest and HODL. I may try flipping coins in the future but for now Ill just wait.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:52:10 AM

Oh well. Sometimes we have to learn it the hard way. When i started trading i enjoyed it to the point where i lost half of what i invested because i base my judgment on what people tell me. From then on i didn't want to do it again. Trading is only for those who are patient and daring. Guess i'm not both.
Trading is not for everyone. Although learning about it, reading news, articles, video tutorials, this forum or anything that can help you getting known to bitcoin trading. Still there are some people who are, by hook or crook, lose every other time and get depressed. For them I want to tell, please get in your interest field, trading is not everything.
websoftwareengineer

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

Blockchain with VTOS energy

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:04:18 AM

If your not good in trading then that is ok, You can still earn a lot of coins from joining in bounty campaigns. Gambling is similar to trading with a very level of risk so it is ok to hold your coin for a very long time since holding will lead you to double your profit.

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
lllaqpt

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:46:08 AM

Trade does not tolerate haste and rash actions. It's good that you understood your mistake, but with a great desire you can learn how to trade correctly and make a profit.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
Patsakkyy

Activity: 154

🌟 eSports ICO: 01/11/2017 🌟

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:43:07 PM

I also decided to just hold the coins as I can not control my emotions. I've been studying trading strategies for a long time, but in practice I always get only a loss of money Angry

oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:50:44 PM

I also decided to just hold the coins as I can not control my emotions. I've been studying trading strategies for a long time, but in practice I always get only a loss of money Angry
During the initial days loss will be taking place. Little by little can overcome it, while very few will be successful in trading from the very beginning. So trading really sucks when done without a good basic understanding. So to be on secure side, it's good to keep hold of the bitcoin as price increase happens periodically.
X7
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:55:58 PM

Yesterday I just lost 1.8k USD, maybe in USA or in West Europe that's doesn't much, but here in my shitty country that's a f* big amount of money. Here the minimum wage is ~ 300 USD / month. So that's like 6 month of work if I cut my bread and water and live on air. Half of my saving were other investments, but anyways... I'm feeling shitty right now. Oh, and I break my laptop. So yeah, that's another - 500 usd.

I though I can trade. Buy low, sell high. Sounds good, doesn't work.

Looking at the charts and candle sticks and watching old bitcoin values, and huge spikes (pump, I saw here how people uses the pump word, daaaamn...) I was... yeah, I can totally do that. I'll just buy when it's low, and sell it when it reaches the top. Well, I was wrong. You can't see the future, otherwise everyone would be a millionaire. That would be true if you would have a delorean from '85 with Emmett Brown and Marty Mcfly and you could f* travel in future and see the PUMPS!!!1

So anyone who will read this message (noobs like me) if you don't have any trading experience, don't do it. There are expert traders who know how this market works, when to buy and when to sell. Don't assume your skills by watching youtube videos and reading "daily indexes and predictions" of how the price will rise or go down by shitty sites. That's just dumb. You don't know what's gonna happen. Maybe a little bit of luck, or I don't know.

So yeah, from now on, I'll just leave the trading area for experts and I will invest in bitcoin by buying every 2 week or monthly and saving into my wallet. And one day (I hope so) the price will rise and I will buy for my self a delorean.

Cheers!

So often you read quotes of that one guy who made a lucky play and went all in with YOLO money and hit a 100x - The reality is in the trading world that is an anomaly. That same guy then calls himself a professional trader, buys a lambo and offers advice. Usually they end up back at 0 - unless they were smart enough to hodl or cash out and buy a house etc.

If you see yourself making bad choices and losing money - I would suggest you HODL or exit the trading game.

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
LordDisick

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 06:12:49 PM

Yesterday I just lost 1.8k USD, maybe in USA or in West Europe that's doesn't much, but here in my shitty country that's a f* big amount of money. Here the minimum wage is ~ 300 USD / month. So that's like 6 month of work if I cut my bread and water and live on air. Half of my saving were other investments, but anyways... I'm feeling shitty right now. Oh, and I break my laptop. So yeah, that's another - 500 usd.

Looking at the charts and candle sticks and watching old bitcoin values, and huge spikes (pump, I saw here how people uses the pump word, daaaamn...) I was... yeah, I can totally do that. I'll just buy when it's low, and sell it when it reaches the top. Well, I was wrong. You can't see the future, otherwise everyone would be a millionaire. That would be true if you would have a delorean from '85 with Emmett Brown and Marty Mcfly and you could f* travel in future and see the PUMPS!!!1

So anyone who will read this message (noobs like me) if you don't have any trading experience, don't do it. There are expert traders who know how this market works, when to buy and when to sell. Don't assume your skills by watching youtube videos and reading "daily indexes and predictions" of how the price will rise or go down by shitty sites. That's just dumb. You don't know what's gonna happen. Maybe a little bit of luck, or I don't know.

So yeah, from now on, I'll just leave the trading area for experts and I will invest in bitcoin by buying every 2 week or monthly and saving into my wallet. And one day (I hope so) the price will rise and I will buy for my self a delorean.

Cheers!

That's a huge amount of money you lost man! After reading what you've been through I am now doubting my self to try trading. I've been reading some threads here to get ideas and enough knowledge about trading before trying because Im also scared I might lose a lot of money if Im not doing the right thing. Well i think i have to skip trading and will just focus on holding my coins for now.
Simone18

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:09:25 AM

Cheers!

Oh well your first try in trading is not a good experience and its kinda scary to imagine for a newbie like me but It wont stop me to try trading. I think in this kind of business there will be ups and downs as expected but don't give up, try and try until you succeed.

[   M O Z O  -  The Token of Discovery   ]   //  Whitepaper  //
               ►►  JOIN NOW  ◄◄   US$ 26M of US$ 42M already RAISED!               
Facebook  .  Twitter  .  Telegram  .  Medium  .  Reddit  .  Youtube  .  ANN Thread
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:30:23 AM

If you have invested in shit coins and hoping to price to pump then it will never happen as the price of those coins can crash with an blink of an eye and in that case you will surely get panic and sell your coins at low price but if you have invested in good coins and if price goes down then there is nothing to worry as those coins have potential to bounce back but you need to make sure that you hold your coins for the right time.
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:55:53 AM

Yeah it sounds like you just experienced what most traders hate. When you convince yourself to buy at the top and then BOOM. Overnight crash and you lose everything. It sucks man. Been on the receiving end of that before. You are not a seasoned trader unless you have too. It is part and parcel of trading, crypto especially. All I can say is best of luck going forward, and don't forget to study well before making any decisions.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
bitdos

Activity: 53

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 04:52:53 AM

For ICO based project the investment should follow the project roadmap. The same for already listed coins/token... imho
ankylotic

Activity: 477
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:12:18 AM

If you have invested in shit coins and hoping to price to pump then it will never happen as the price of those coins can crash with an blink of an eye and in that case you will surely get panic and sell your coins at low price but if you have invested in good coins and if price goes down then there is nothing to worry as those coins have potential to bounce back but you need to make sure that you hold your coins for the right time.
For me holding of bitcoin for 2 to 3 year is really cool to get profit but i think those who are into trading from very long and take it as a fun. For them it is very boring thing to just hold and just see the up and rise of the market. Trading is risky but also very exciting way to make money and its all about taking a calculative risk at a right time and if you manage to do that well then you can expect good profits from trading. You have to give time and have enough courage to take risk.
Souldream
Legendary

Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:26:14 AM

It was your choice if not going to trade and keep it. Its true that trading sucks sometimes, it depends on how you accept that situation but for me it isnt, maybe because im already quite long enough in this kind of investments to be able to understand and get the perfect strategy that i could apply in working my bitcoin and make it grow. Also, holding it for quite sometime is also a better choice, just reserved it for a perfect time to come you may decide you think you are ready to take risk on your own.
MCS23

Activity: 171

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:39:57 AM

Cheers!
Your right, of course, but whether to bring you this pleasure from the earnings, and it will be what you expect it to be. In general, many I think will disagree with you, not understanding then why invest at all, but the idea takes place to live, and therefore I wish you good luck.
KesoNie
Copper Member

Activity: 672
Merit: 270

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:42:51 AM

Yeah it sounds like you just experienced what most traders hate. When you convince yourself to buy at the top and then BOOM. Overnight crash and you lose everything. It sucks man. Been on the receiving end of that before. You are not a seasoned trader unless you have too. It is part and parcel of trading, crypto especially. All I can say is best of luck going forward, and don't forget to study well before making any decisions.
Our experienced of being lose and feeling of lost after trading our bitcoins makes us feel, "urrgghh.. I don't want to trade my bitcoin anymore, I'll just  wanted to hold it". Actually, i think this feeling is already been feel by anyone here that are involved in trading. And yes i'd already experience this kind of situation, a feeling that all in you was lost in just a blink of an eye, actually not a totally lost, what i mean is you get a price that didnt satisfy or deserve you hardwork in earning your bitcoin. I cant blame anybody or somebody but me, myself are responsible in my lost. But well, its life right, atleast I learned from what i've done and I keep on doing trading. Yeah it sucks but I choose to not stop doing it. In fact in our life we always have a choice. We only need to be wise on choosing the right option.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: