Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 09:03:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading sucks, I'll just hold my coins  (Read 25856 times)
IfixTchenTchen

Activity: 149
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:04:32 AM

I have been though similar experiences myself, always losing all my money. Then I too decided just to hold. After some years my coins had mooned, and so, with a lot of money raining from the sky I have started some long term trades again - and this time it went better. Patience you need.
rhodelmabanal

Activity: 1140
Merit: 103

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:49:41 AM

Yes, in the previous statement holding coins isn't  been easy, you need patience to this. If you decided to hold be sure to have a back up plan, they say pump and dump are common in the other way.  Have a small amount of knowledge about trading to be sure have a monitor in your coins.

rejin29x

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:18:18 AM

Quitting too early is not an option! My advice to is you should go back and learn the basics of bitcoin trading (Available on YouTube) and master few things and start over with small budget. People tend to lose money when it comes to putting a lot of money in the market, even professional traders sometimes lose money too. In fact in business you can't just always make money, someday you can make money, someday lose money too, that is part of the learning.
KesoNie
Copper Member

Activity: 672
Merit: 270

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:28:23 AM

This is the common feeling of the traders and users because trading was not that efficient last months. Whales made very sharp price move, up and downs in bitcoin and adapting this price move was extremely hard for us.

Trusted coins should be held in your portfolio. Don't sell them.
It's truly is the common feeling of the traders and users, they found trading as sucks especially when they get failed of trading and worst get lose on Thier investments. While yes, holding sometimes is the right choice you could choose if youre afraid that this could happen again, but then I guess you shouldn't be afraid of trying trading again if you really wanted to earned a huge profit here in cryptocurrency
letecia012

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:13:21 PM

Yesterday I just lost 1.8k USD, maybe in USA or in West Europe that's doesn't much, but here in my shitty country that's a f* big amount of money. Here the minimum wage is ~ 300 USD / month. So that's like 6 month of work if I cut my bread and water and live on air. Half of my saving were other investments, but anyways... I'm feeling shitty right now. Oh, and I break my laptop. So yeah, that's another - 500 usd.

I though I can trade. Buy low, sell high. Sounds good, doesn't work.

Looking at the charts and candle sticks and watching old bitcoin values, and huge spikes (pump, I saw here how people uses the pump word, daaaamn...) I was... yeah, I can totally do that. I'll just buy when it's low, and sell it when it reaches the top. Well, I was wrong. You can't see the future, otherwise everyone would be a millionaire. That would be true if you would have a delorean from '85 with Emmett Brown and Marty Mcfly and you could f* travel in future and see the PUMPS!!!1

So anyone who will read this message (noobs like me) if you don't have any trading experience, don't do it. There are expert traders who know how this market works, when to buy and when to sell. Don't assume your skills by watching youtube videos and reading "daily indexes and predictions" of how the price will rise or go down by shitty sites. That's just dumb. You don't know what's gonna happen. Maybe a little bit of luck, or I don't know.

So yeah, from now on, I'll just leave the trading area for experts and I will invest in bitcoin by buying every 2 week or monthly and saving into my wallet. And one day (I hope so) the price will rise and I will buy for my self a delorean.

Cheers!
If you are a newbie and want to do a day trade that would be a risky part on your self plus you are buying coins that been hype by your fellow traders you will caught on a high price and will be stuck there for long term. pump and dump is also not advisable for newbie they are only fooling you. Invest only in coins that you are familiar with and with good standing and project to lower your risk for losing your investment
AleksandrKosov

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

PITCH – THE FUTURE OF OPPORTUNITY

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:29:01 PM

An instructive post with a share of humor. In my country, the minimum wage is $ 155. I opened positions in the summer without a stop loss on the falling market. All my assets went into big minus. A month later, I had less on the account of 4600 dollars from the initial deposit. It's almost 2.5 years of work) But I did not despair, I decided to leave opens positions, there was nothing to lose. Now my portfolio shows +15000 dollars from the initial deposit. I learned 2 lessons: study the asset and only then go to the market, do not close the positions in minus, if you forgot to put a stop loss.

RavenHood

Activity: 294
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:36:27 PM

In my opinion, everyone in the trading loses even the professional. Why you trade at the amount of 1.8k USD are you crazy? By the way, learn from your mistake. The mistake is put a massive amount on the trading.  In trading start in a small amount. As you said early, you broke your laptop that insane. If you don’t control your emotion, this may lead to losing your mind and money. Take a break of a while and start again with the amount that you are satisfied to lose. Always remember trading is very delicate work don’t do it if can’t handle the stress and pressure.
judemarco1996

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:43:07 PM

If your patience and if you think checking any update in the market consume a lot of time for you, it is good to say that just hold you coins and just focus on your everyday life and check the market after month.
magmar

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:44:31 PM

Yesterday I just lost 1.8k USD, maybe in USA or in West Europe that's doesn't much, but here in my shitty country that's a f* big amount of money. Here the minimum wage is ~ 300 USD / month. So that's like 6 month of work if I cut my bread and water and live on air. Half of my saving were other investments, but anyways... I'm feeling shitty right now. Oh, and I break my laptop. So yeah, that's another - 500 usd.

Looking at the charts and candle sticks and watching old bitcoin values, and huge spikes (pump, I saw here how people uses the pump word, daaaamn...) I was... yeah, I can totally do that. I'll just buy when it's low, and sell it when it reaches the top. Well, I was wrong. You can't see the future, otherwise everyone would be a millionaire. That would be true if you would have a delorean from '85 with Emmett Brown and Marty Mcfly and you could f* travel in future and see the PUMPS!!!1

So anyone who will read this message (noobs like me) if you don't have any trading experience, don't do it. There are expert traders who know how this market works, when to buy and when to sell. Don't assume your skills by watching youtube videos and reading "daily indexes and predictions" of how the price will rise or go down by shitty sites. That's just dumb. You don't know what's gonna happen. Maybe a little bit of luck, or I don't know.

So yeah, from now on, I'll just leave the trading area for experts and I will invest in bitcoin by buying every 2 week or monthly and saving into my wallet. And one day (I hope so) the price will rise and I will buy for my self a delorean.

Cheers!

Maybe tarfing some coins is not just for you so that you are sayimg those things. And not all people can be good at trading because before you will gain some of those profits that trading can give you, you will first lose a lot of money and the problem to you is you give up that easily so that you did not  win back all of your loss. But it is really up to you if it is much better to just hold you cpins then just hold it because it is less risky than trading because trading is more on active thing ao if you dont have the skill then it will be hard.
Lago_V

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:46:35 PM

Sorry to hear you lost so much money Sad It's always better to learn from somebody else's mistakes, especially when it comes to such big losses. I've read a lot already about cryptocurrencies and ICO's, but I am still not sure about my abilities to trade right. So I just keep my investments and look into promising ICO's for now.
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:53:31 PM

Cheers!
If you are a newbie and want to do a day trade that would be a risky part on your self plus you are buying coins that been hype by your fellow traders you will caught on a high price and will be stuck there for long term. pump and dump is also not advisable for newbie they are only fooling you. Invest only in coins that you are familiar with and with good standing and project to lower your risk for losing your investment
It is not that much risky but yes for new users it is all risk they will have to be very careful if really they want to get benefit, bitcoin is growing now and people knows about bitcoin so if you are new it is advisable to trade but after getting sufficient knowledge about trading and about bitcoin so your bitcoin experience will go better. Trading should be starting form small amount instead of spending all money you have with useless trading websites.
Magnum Cryptopus

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:21:57 PM

Any activity sucks, if you don't know the job...
Losses are an inevitable part of trading; if you are a good trader, you accept them and recuperate.
If you are not, you will lose more. That simple...
greenbitsgm

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:16:19 AM

Yeah,trading is really risky for people who is new in the business...but for the veterans it's their bread and butter,a full time job that they are sticking because they earn a living from it,they have vast experience and knowledge of the game.For us trying to learn the trade i advise to do it slowly but surely losses can't be avoided so trade on small amount until you gain a good experience to trade big time.
And lastly,you are not alone the best investment for us at the moment is just hodl the coins.
Anait

Activity: 218
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:31:29 AM

Trading is really the best way to get the best earning than many other opportunities that are available in the market. Holding the coins is the best one that any user can do. In between users need to sell and buy it back than holding long-term, because this will contribute to the circulation required for growth.
oo666oo

Activity: 68
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:45:44 AM

Statistics say that most of the traders lose money, so... yes, trading sucks. In cryptos you have the fortunate alternative of getting rich by just holding your coins for several years, so I'd rather go for that way too.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
Lhaine

Activity: 742
Merit: 128

Coinbene.com - Experience Fast Crypto Trading

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:28:36 AM

You don't need to trade it everyday. Day trading is risky. if i we're you i will hold my coins and it's safe just keep it in your wallet and sell it when it's alts season. Always remember patience is the key to all success.
We all know that patience re making to our success for cause this is the most common thing that may ever happen for , patience of that this is you may able to hold for are taking you to have patience for.

Patience is the key to success but not all time we need to be patient, we need to know first about the coin we want to hold for long term. sometimes it is OK to sell our coin when it's totally get profit.
winwinmaimai

Activity: 108

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:43:20 AM

oh. I think you are quite right in opinion. , no trade and keep coins. But I think, neeua little deal how the value of coin will increase. So that choice can only come from a minority.

If I had a lot of money, I would keep the value for a long time, come back and surprise the value up × 10 times. hihu
triciaa478

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:45:44 AM

You should have diversify your portfolio by putting your capital on several coins . You lacked proper trading strategies and knowledge so the best options for you was to trade with littler capital or put in place a stop loss trading strategies.
chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:12:37 AM

You don't need to trade it everyday. Day trading is risky. if i we're you i will hold my coins and it's safe just keep it in your wallet and sell it when it's alts season. Always remember patience is the key to all success.
We all know that patience re making to our success for cause this is the most common thing that may ever happen for , patience of that this is you may able to hold for are taking you to have patience for.

Patience is the key to success but not all time we need to be patient, we need to know first about the coin we want to hold for long term. sometimes it is OK to sell our coin when it's totally get profit.

And being greedy is no good for everybody so just set a target or limit to your coins and when you hit that then sell it especially when you profited good.
OP, trading isn't for everybody, and maybe it's not your cup of tea so better just be a bag holder and who knows being a holder makes you rich in time as we all know that many gets rich just by holding. No hassle, no pressure.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
kamote291993

Activity: 140
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:47:14 AM

Day trading is not a cup of tea of each and every person especially if you are new to it as you will easily get panic when you see price dropping and in that case you will sell your coins at lower price and it will entertain loss for you so if you don't have patience better to invest in highly reputed coins and hold it for long term and sell it when price exceeds your entry price.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: