Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:07:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [VMC] Official Virtual Mining Corporation Discussion  (Read 85947 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:03:29 PM

I put in an order several months ago for one of their fast hash platinum, ended up wiring little over $9,000. Pretty much after that they've gone silent. I tried to get several updates from them to see the status of the shipping, get assurances of delivery and nothing. Then out of luck i was able to get someone from sales on the phone sometime around thanksgiving weekend. They told me over the phone that they were going to have issues delivering on time as they were still in the manufacturing process.

At this point my first thought was well 1.5Terahash for nine grand isn’t going to make its ROI efficiently based on the current difficulty rate so I asked for a refund. They said yes to the refund but it's been well about 3 weeks since that, no one is answering my emails or tickets, no one answers the phone either (call screening maybe), but since then its been impossible. I am worried this might be a scam since they haven’t shipped, no one has seen their hardware (except from some press releases). And they don’t seem to be honouring their praised and very advertized refund policy either.

I find it hard to believe it takes 3 weeks to get a wire transfer setup to refund the money that was easily sent to them via the same method in around 2 days time when I purchased the order. I am happy to provide proof and transcripts.

I've received my machine, and pumping out about 2.5 bitcoins a day.  Someone tried talking me into taking a 0.1BTC bounty for proof of photos but I really don't care that much to prove it to anyone. Raise the bounty to 1BTC and I'll get off my couch.  You will probably get that refund once your machine has been put to work for awhile by vmc (your refund has to come from somewhere right?).  Be patient..

lol

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ragelink

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:13:56 PM

I put in an order several months ago for one of their fast hash platinum, ended up wiring little over $9,000. Pretty much after that they've gone silent. I tried to get several updates from them to see the status of the shipping, get assurances of delivery and nothing. Then out of luck i was able to get someone from sales on the phone sometime around thanksgiving weekend. They told me over the phone that they were going to have issues delivering on time as they were still in the manufacturing process.

At this point my first thought was well 1.5Terahash for nine grand isn’t going to make its ROI efficiently based on the current difficulty rate so I asked for a refund. They said yes to the refund but it's been well about 3 weeks since that, no one is answering my emails or tickets, no one answers the phone either (call screening maybe), but since then its been impossible. I am worried this might be a scam since they haven’t shipped, no one has seen their hardware (except from some press releases). And they don’t seem to be honouring their praised and very advertized refund policy either.

I find it hard to believe it takes 3 weeks to get a wire transfer setup to refund the money that was easily sent to them via the same method in around 2 days time when I purchased the order. I am happy to provide proof and transcripts.

I've received my machine, and pumping out about 2.5 bitcoins a day.  Someone tried talking me into taking a 0.1BTC bounty for proof of photos but I really don't care that much to prove it to anyone. Raise the bounty to 1BTC and I'll get off my couch.  You will probably get that refund once your machine has been put to work for awhile by vmc (your refund has to come from somewhere right?).  Be patient..

lol

I call bullshit on that delivered hardware mainly on account of this:
Sam Butler
2013-11-29 13:19:08
Dear Customer,
We had a delay the delivery had to be pushed back some we wont be able to start shipping til end of
December if you wish to have a refund we will gladly refund you your money.
Regards,
Customer service

I dont think its late Dec yet... I also happen to think this is a great way to really fuck with the community and earn yourself a bad reputation. BFLabs anyone? Things like this are exactly why people think Bitcoin is not a serious venture on account of shitty moves by hardware vendors.

CanadianGuy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:15:38 PM

*shrug* I'm looking at it right now.  I know I'm not dreamin..
Stuartuk

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:19:08 PM

The company confirmed some early products have already been shipped.

That message about December shipping refers to the mass roll-out stage.
ragelink

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:21:40 PM

*shrug* I'm looking at it right now.  I know I'm not dreamin..

Interesting seems we both have things the other doesn’t. You seem to have a a VMC mining rig, whilst I just seem to have proof. Interesting how things work on the internet.
CanadianGuy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:25:20 PM

Interesting seems we both have things the other doesn’t. You seem to have a a VMC mining rig, whilst I just seem to have proof. Interesting how things work on the internet.

The difference is you asked for a refund, so that would explain why you have not received the machine Smiley  your refund is being mined as we speak
Bargraphics

Activity: 518

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:26:12 PM

Pony up the 1 BTC to see this machine! It's like a sideshow at the carnival!
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:32:12 PM

The difference is you asked for a refund, so that would explain why you have not received the machine Smiley  your refund is being mined as we speak

0.5BTC if you show me proof via PM

Bargraphics

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:35:10 PM

What is the likelihood of "Canadian"guy being VE? VE sends 0.5BTC to himself because he saw this mystical machine via PM. Seems legit.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:39:01 PM

*shrug* I'm looking at it right now.  I know I'm not dreamin..

I have 100 VMC machines that are hashing at 1500Thash!

keepinithamsta

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:22:44 PM

He must be telling the truth.  You don't think someone would go on the internet and tell lies, would you?
stenkross

Activity: 330

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:06:17 PM

0.5BTC if you show me proof via PM

U got a PM yet?
neilol

Activity: 302

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:41:02 PM

It's all very strange, it takes less than 5 minutes to snap a cellphone picture and paste the link here. I'd be excited if I was mining with the first run of some new hardware pumping out 2.5BTC a day. Why not do it in support of the company that sold you a good product? Is there an NDA issue?

People post pictures of their lunch ffs.

Edit: His account is much older than VE's btw. Unlikely it's the same person

Anddos

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:45:36 PM

I am pritty sure these guys have multiple forum accounts and just saying they recievied there items to convince people,its not really hard to have 2 forum accounts is it?

Bargraphics

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:47:35 PM

I am pritty sure these guys have multiple forum accounts and just saying they recievied there items to convince people,its not really hard to have 2 forum accounts is it?

How do we know you are not them using reverse psychology! Dun Dun Dun
Anddos

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:49:51 PM

Plus they photoshop other peoples products,if this is not a scam i dont know what is...

Bargraphics

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:55:42 PM

Plus they photoshop other peoples products,if this is not a scam i dont know what is...

Ok Ok I've had my fun with you,

http://www.easic.com/vmc-uses-easic-to-achieve-24-756-ths-bitcoin-miner/

A Scam it is not, incompetent maybe.

Please go on about how a well known, multi-million dollar company such as eASIC would put this up without being paid or an agreement in place.
lobbes

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:41:42 PM

Please go on about how a well known, multi-million dollar company such as eASIC would put this up without being paid or an agreement in place.

It isn't so crazy to hold reservations until solid evidence of the contrary is provided. "Guilty until proven innocent" isn't a bad principle to live by in the Bitcoin world.

I am betting on Ken being legit, but there isn't any proof of him really delivering yet. Nothing personal against him or ActM.

And I keep seeing the eAsic announcement as some sort of validation of legitimacy. All this proves is that Ken is a customer of eAsic. Ken raised money with a 'virtual IPO' and paid eAsic. There is nothing really stopping him from just disappearing if he wants to (not saying he will, but Scams are just part of this unregulated environment).

Bargraphics

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:45:03 PM

It isn't so crazy to hold reservations until solid evidence of the contrary is provided. "Guilty until proven innocent" isn't a bad principle to live by in the Bitcoin world.

I am betting on Ken being legit, but there isn't any proof of him really delivering yet. Nothing personal against him or ActM.

And I keep seeing the eAsic announcement as some sort of validation of legitimacy. All this proves is that Ken is a customer of eAsic.

That is making an ASIC for Bitcoin as per the PR release.

It seems people unfamiliar with the industry think you can just walk in with a bag of money and these companies will make a chip for you. It doesn't work this way. In order for these companies to start designing the backend you have have certain things ready and meet with them. Don't take my word for it, call some of them and just tell them you have millions of dollars and want to make a chip. You will get laughed at.

Don't get me wrong, I do not like or approve of how Ken has decided to run his business thus far, but as far as this being an outright scam. Unlikely.
dietrich67

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:26:30 AM

Is there firm word on when the hardware will be ready for general delivery? Specifically the Fast-Hash-One silver?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: