Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:24:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [VMC] Official Virtual Mining Corporation Discussion  (Read 85947 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:30:12 PM

also: how about modifying the design files to include a micro-usb port or full-size USB port?  Its silly that you ship these without a $10 component that must be ripped from a pc or ordered online from amazon.  (this is causing bargraphics a 24hr delay on the first unit VMC shipped out to anybody)

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 12:37:20 AM

also: how about modifying the design files to include a micro-usb port or full-size USB port?  Its silly that you ship these without a $10 component that must be ripped from a pc or ordered online from amazon.  (this is causing bargraphics a 24hr delay on the first unit VMC shipped out to anybody)

Yes, it was my fault that I did not include the cable.  However, I was trying to ship it fast, my bad.
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 12:40:45 AM

Weekly Update 4/2/2014

Pre-Order Customers:

We are offering 20% off the price of our Prospector card for our Pre-Order customers.  We will apply your pre-order payment to your total Prospector card order.  You will need to use this voucher code URZSZLUF and have a valid pre-order with us.  Should your pre-order amount not cover the total on your order you will need to pay the difference.  If there is a balance left we will issue you a voucher for a future purchase.  When ordering as a pre-order customer you will need to add the Order ID of the pre-order you want transferred in the comment section of the order.

Datacenter:

The datacenter should be coming on line this week, barring any unforeseen problems.  We will be bring up 1 rack at a time.  We will have 4 racks in this phase with ~60 TH/s coming on line.  We will be adding additional step-down transformers to bring the total up to 100 TH/s after we get the first phase running.  The next phase will be to bring the datacenter up to 200 TH/s after the first month of running the first phase.

MSD Investigation:

We are continuing to work with the MSD through our lawyer to bring this to a conclusion is the shortest amount of time as possible.

Sells:

We have shipped our first miners and they have been delivered.  We are continuing to get orders and we are continuing to ship miners.

Shares:

Next week I will start transferring shares to CT so our investors can start trading.

rogerli9

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:05:46 AM

Weekly Update 4/2/2014

Pre-Order Customers:

We are offering 20% off the price of our Prospector card for our Pre-Order customers.  We will apply your pre-order payment to your total Prospector card order.  You will need to use this voucher code URZSZLUF and have a valid pre-order with us.  Should your pre-order amount not cover the total on your order you will need to pay the difference.  If there is a balance left we will issue you a voucher for a future purchase.  When ordering as a pre-order customer you will need to add the Order ID of the pre-order you want transferred in the comment section of the order.

Datacenter:

The datacenter should be coming on line this week, barring any unforeseen problems.  We will be bring up 1 rack at a time.  We will have 4 racks in this phase with ~60 TH/s coming on line.  We will be adding additional step-down transformers to bring the total up to 100 TH/s after we get the first phase running.  The next phase will be to bring the datacenter up to 200 TH/s after the first month of running the first phase.

MSD Investigation:

We are continuing to work with the MSD through our lawyer to bring this to a conclusion is the shortest amount of time as possible.

Sells:

We have shipped our first miners and they have been delivered.  We are continuing to get orders and we are continuing to ship miners.

Shares:

Next week I will start transferring shares to CT so our investors can start trading.

Hello Ken can you have a look at your pm's and your website for my orders. I have some changes that i would love you to fix for me and some other questions that i have. Thanks
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:20:38 AM

Yes, it was my fault that I did not include the cable.  However, I was trying to ship it fast, my bad.

Make the next batch with a mini-usb port or a USB-B port, its a cleaner solution long-term

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
magzy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:23:27 AM

Weekly Update 4/2/2014

Pre-Order Customers:

Datacenter:

MSD Investigation:

Sells:

Shares:

What about our promised refunds?
Anddos

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:27:04 AM

Ken when will this product be available?

Fast-Hash-One Gold 128 GH/s PCI-E Module

klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:32:35 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2014, 04:21:26 PM by klondike_bar

also: how about modifying the design files to include a micro-usb port or full-size USB port?  Its silly that you ship these without a $10 component that must be ripped from a pc or ordered online from amazon.  (this is causing bargraphics a 24hr delay on the first unit VMC shipped out to anybody)

Yes, it was my fault that I did not include the cable.  However, I was trying to ship it fast, my bad.

and what about the other question?
@Sebastian yeah, it's "upside-down," and ken has explicitly stated that it's a dev board.  If you look either in this or the "UNmoderated" thread, MrTeal points out that the boards in the bags are probably a different revision (and he posted a pic of that rev.)
Yes, this is the board that we are building 5,000 in April.
Bulshit plastered over with more bullshit.  You were asked for photos of products being shipped now.  You posted a pic of a dev board which you claim you'll be making in April (it's April already, BTW).

Edit:  Crop from the pic posted by Bargraphics.  Ken is reselling HashFast boards -- the "reference design" story is just that, a story.  These boards were made by HashFast, on their production line.  Unless the revision stickies are integral to design.

HashFast FastHash Smiley

We manufactured these boards, we purchased the the parts, we purchased the PCB, and we paid the CM to assemble the boards.

We have 3 different CM's working on this project at the current time.  One of which is the same CM Hashfast uses.

You bought pre-fabricated PCB (presumably from hashfast since it has their stickers), hashfast chips, and used a hashfast assembly house.  Did you source the parts yourself, or does hashfast also sell the parts seperately?

This is my legitimate question, since it went unclear for weeks what type of chip you would use and it was hashfast. Now, it almost seems like the boards were purchased from hashfast as well, rather than your own PCB fabrication with Hashfast design files as you previously implied. Whats the production cost per board?

having boards for sale is a step forwards, but I hope a custom ASIC is still the focus.

magzy

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:05:12 AM

All very nice having a board shipped out but what about the pre order customers from november and december last year who requested a refund and have not received it?

What about the money they have lost?

Why is Ken ignoring them?
magzy

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:20:53 AM

Looks like these new prospector cards are a loss maker and will never ROI.

https://tradeblock.com/mining/a/b7e06d808e
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:26:53 PM

Looks like these new prospector cards are a loss maker and will never ROI.

https://tradeblock.com/mining/a/b7e06d808e

tbh at $1500 the price wasnt that bad, and was fairly well in-line with other manufacturers. the biggest problem is that with BTC in the $400s it is hard to price the hardware low enough to look like a good deal. (particularly if the price jumped to $600, because most companies would then be called out on adding 20% to thier prices in order to stay close to the ideal price/btc/hshrate.

That said, im not buying these yet. They are not standalone and appear to not have much of a chasis for mounting or stacking.  Hopefully the next version will be similar to the babyjet, with a few of these boards in a case with an Rpi ontroller

VinceSamios

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 03:19:06 PM

Setup guide for the prospector here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=557311.0

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 08:15:11 PM

Make the next batch with a mini-usb port or a USB-B port, its a cleaner solution long-term

Yes, the next revision has a mini-usb port.
magzy

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:10:43 AM

Here's to VMC successfully delivering on their promise!

You too can have a great dialogue with them:

magzy

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:20:27 AM

Virtual Mining Corporation 02/27/14

Virtual Mining is currently processing and confirming pre-order refund requests. It is a very timely process because we are in the final stages of configuration before all of our pre-orders are shipped. Look to your email for product shipping order schedule. At the current time we are not immediately moving every order to a refund status due to our final staging and rigging our products for shipping.

We are contacting all of our valued customers with pre-orders  with our new product specification details that includes an increase in hashing power.  This increase in hashing power will make up for our delay in shipping.  Should any of our customers still wish to receive a refund even with the increase in hashing power please contact our customer service department.

Thank you for your continued patience and good luck on your Mining Ventures

You would need to increase the hashing power by a factor of 10 in order to account for the increased difficulty for non delivery at the end of December.
This is assuming you can deliver in April (serious doubts going off track record  - please prove us wrong)
Even then, miners will not turn a profit because of the current price of BTC. (~$570)

Refund for me please. I have already PM'd you. and have already contacted CS.

You also said the refund was already sent. The fact that you are offering unviable trinkets both here and on PM determined that was a lie.

I don't think so.  we have sent out refunds last week.  @magzy, I can't seem to find in any of you PM's an Order ID, so I don't even know if you have an order.  I seen your info to CS and I have now PMed you to get your Order ID.  We would have sent your refund last week if your order could have been confirmed.

I still don't have the refund @ken please can you grunt or speak up as to if you are still alive and issuing refunds??? (specifically my refund)
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 04:29:45 AM

@magzy I posted a reply in the Active Mining thread where you cross posted your complaint.
magzy

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:53:48 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2014, 06:44:51 AM by magzy

not sure what you did wrong but I got my refund in less than 2 weeks time from first contact.

What he did wrong was ask for a refund before his wire transfer had cleared the bank.  This caused his refund request to be rejected as the order had not been paid.  Then, when his wire transfer cleared the bank it was not marked as accepted on his account, most likely due to his refund request above.  Now, it took another month for his payment to be accepted on his account.  Now, his refund request most likely was in limbo due to it being reject above.  Now, when that was cleared up his refund request was on the bottom of the stack.  Now, that is where it is now as we are waiting to start refunds again within the next week or so.  That being said, since he complained the the Missouri Attorney General office, we had to pull his refund from the stack and respond to the Attorney Generals office.  Therefore his refund is the very bottom of the stack.  

Ken, you are surely joking when you say I'm at the bottom of the list for refunds right? Given your website is in tatters there is no actual process to follow. You can just refund it via BTC in 2 minutes ( you have my BTC address)  or you can pluck out my order reference number and write the check?

If you read the Attorney generals letter I posted it specifically states that they are prevented under Federal law to act on behalf of a private Citizen(me)

Therefore they could never have contacted you specifically on my behalf or even mentioned my name.
So in you saying that I was pushed to the bottom of the stack because of the AGO inquiry is nothing but lies. If you look at the dates of my postings to your 'customer services' this debacle all started before the A

Now, Having posted said letter on here (see below) , you're now clutching at straws and using this as a reason to say I'm at the 'bottom of the list' for refunds.

All you're really doing is painting yourself as a man with no integrity whatsoever. This is childish playground taunting at it's finest.

That said, the refund queue is non existent as you say in previous posts.

You admit you owe me money.

I look forward to my refund Ken.

arousedrhino

Activity: 347

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:25:15 AM

not sure what you did wrong but I got my refund in less than 2 weeks time from first contact.

What he did wrong was ask for a refund before his wire transfer had cleared the bank.  This caused his refund request to be rejected as the order had not been paid.  Then, when his wire transfer cleared the bank it was not marked as accepted on his account, most likely due to his refund request above.  Now, it took another month for his payment to be accepted on his account.  Now, his refund request most likely was in limbo due to it being reject above.  Now, when that was cleared up his refund request was on the bottom of the stack.  Now, that is where it is now as we are waiting to start refunds again within the next week or so.  That being said, since he complained the the Missouri Attorney General office, we had to pull his refund from the stack and respond to the Attorney Generals office.  Therefore his refund is the very bottom of the stack.  

Ken, you are surely joking when you say I'm at the bottom of the list for refunds right? Given your website is in tatters there is no actual process to follow. You can just refund it via BTC in 2 minutes ( you have my BTC address)  or you can pluck out my order reference number and write the check?

If you read the Attorney generals letter I posted it specifically states that they are prevented under Federal law to act on behalf of a private Citizen(me)

Therefore they could never have contacted you specifically on my behalf or even mentioned my name.
So in you saying that I was pushed to the bottom of the stack because of the AGO inquiry is nothing but lies. If you look at the dates of my postings to your 'customer services' this debacle all started before the A

Read the letter. It states, "This office acts as attorney for the state and its agencies and is prohibited by law from acting on behalf of private citizens." Then it goes on to state, "Private rights may be asserted with the assistance of a private attorney or, when appropriate, in small claims court."

Based on that its entirely plausible that the Missouri Attorney General hired a private attorney or filed a claim in small claims court on your behalf asserting your private rights just as you had requested.
magzy

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:44:04 AM

Read the letter. It states, "This office acts as attorney for the state and its agencies and is prohibited by law from acting on behalf of private citizens." Then it goes on to state, "Private rights may be asserted with the assistance of a private attorney or, when appropriate, in small claims court."

Based on that its entirely plausible that the Missouri Attorney General hired a private attorney or filed a claim in small claims court on your behalf asserting your private rights just as you had requested.

Highly unlikely that the US Government would go out of their way and deliberately break the law via a back door to protect my interests lol.

Lets give Ken the benefit of the doubt to deliver the refunds as promised next week before we go to the small claims court: http://www.courts.mo.gov/page.jsp?id=704 whereupon the force of the US government will pass judgement on Ken
magzy

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 02:31:08 AM

Has anyone else apart from bargraphics got their prospector card yet?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: