Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:55:04 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [VMC] Official Virtual Mining Corporation Discussion  (Read 85947 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 01:31:07 AM

Each machine was built to order, the individualized order for the type of machine and the number of cards.  We did not build a machine before we had a order for it.

When you learn that you cannot ship on time, you must decide whether you will ever be able to ship the order. If you decide that you cannot, you must promptly cancel the order and make a full refund.

http://www.business.ftc.gov/documents/bus02-business-guide-mail-and-telephone-order-merchandise-rule

16 CFR Part 435 does not cover Internet Sales.

What Does the Rule Cover?

It applies to most goods a customer orders from the seller by mail, telephone, fax, or on the Internet.
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 01:34:22 AM

Each machine was built to order, the individualized order for the type of machine and the number of cards.  We did not build a machine before we had a order for it.

When you learn that you cannot ship on time, you must decide whether you will ever be able to ship the order. If you decide that you cannot, you must promptly cancel the order and make a full refund.

http://www.business.ftc.gov/documents/bus02-business-guide-mail-and-telephone-order-merchandise-rule

16 CFR Part 435 does not cover Internet Sales.

What Does the Rule Cover?

It applies to most goods a customer orders from the seller by mail, telephone, fax, or on the Internet.

It only covers the selling of goods by mail or telephone.

(a) Mail or telephone order sales shall mean sales in which the buyer has ordered merchandise from the seller by mail or telephone, regardless of the method of payment or the method used to solicit the order.

Read it yourself.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/16/435.1
Flaste

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:10:30 AM

Wrong. Internet sales are considered by 'Telephone, indirectly'. You're in violation of codes 435.1, and 435.2 from what I see.

http://www.ftc.gov/sites/default/files/documents/cases/1998/04/compl3.htm

(a) Mail or telephone order sales shall mean sales in which the buyer has ordered merchandise from the seller by mail or telephone, regardless of the method of payment or the method used to solicit the order.

Read it yourself.

kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 02:20:34 AM

Wrong. Internet sales are considered by 'Telephone, indirectly'. You're in violation of codes 435.1, and 435.2 from what I see.

http://www.ftc.gov/sites/default/files/documents/cases/1998/04/compl3.htm

Read it yourself.

Seems you are right, anyway we are sending out refunds and we intend to offer 100% refunds  to our customers own want a refund as fast as we can.
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:02:24 AM

Ken,

could you tell my about the status of my refund cheque?

It's been 5 months now since I requested a refund...

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Isn't ken legally required to give refunds for every single preorder due to the fact that the product no longer exists? FTC says he can have delays up to 30 days past original shipment date or else refunds must be given. And FTC also says refunds must be given within 7 days of order cancellation.

How Quickly You Must Make a Refund

When you must make a Rule-required refund, the following applies:
    If the customer paid by cash, check, or money order, you must refund the correct amount by first class mail within seven working days after the order is cancelled.
    If the customer paid by credit, you must credit the customer’s account or notify the customer that the account will not be charged, within one customer’s billing cycle, after the order is cancelled.

source: http://www.business.ftc.gov/documents/bus02-business-guide-mail-and-telephone-order-merchandise-rule

Look up the rule for custom orders.  This is the rule for pre-manufactured items.

You're full of shit, a liar, and a thief. You never sold a custom item, custom would mean individualized. You presold a product, and you are lying and stealing from your victims. Man up and send the refunds or GTFO you loser.

@rick may I inquire as to your purchase with VMC?

None of your business is it? Are you going to defend this fraudster? Are you getting paid to defend the liar slaughter, who gets caught in his lies daily?
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:38:23 AM

Ken,

could you tell my about the status of my refund cheque?

It's been 5 months now since I requested a refund...

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Isn't ken legally required to give refunds for every single preorder due to the fact that the product no longer exists? FTC says he can have delays up to 30 days past original shipment date or else refunds must be given. And FTC also says refunds must be given within 7 days of order cancellation.

How Quickly You Must Make a Refund

When you must make a Rule-required refund, the following applies:
    If the customer paid by cash, check, or money order, you must refund the correct amount by first class mail within seven working days after the order is cancelled.
    If the customer paid by credit, you must credit the customer’s account or notify the customer that the account will not be charged, within one customer’s billing cycle, after the order is cancelled.

source: http://www.business.ftc.gov/documents/bus02-business-guide-mail-and-telephone-order-merchandise-rule

Look up the rule for custom orders.  This is the rule for pre-manufactured items.

You're full of shit, a liar, and a thief. You never sold a custom item, custom would mean individualized. You presold a product, and you are lying and stealing from your victims. Man up and send the refunds or GTFO you loser.

@rick may I inquire as to your purchase with VMC?

None of your business is it? Are you going to defend this fraudster? Are you getting paid to defend the liar slaughter, who gets caught in his lies daily?

I'd suggest taking a look at Magzy's post history.
Technologov

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 03:39:55 PM

The company should refund people faster, either by bank wire, or by Bitcoin.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 04:50:36 PM

The company should refund people faster, either by bank wire, or by Bitcoin.

Having no sales and low mining income surely doesn't help with the refunds.

kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 04:27:32 AM

750 GH/s Gold Rush Now $999
HardwareReviewer

Activity: 255

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:09:01 PM

Ken,

please tell me about the status of my refund cheque!

Prepare to enter a world of stress
magzy

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:19:38 PM

Ken,

please tell me about the status of my refund cheque!

Ken has wrote a total of 15 checks since Feb. One a week. ( this is going of 2 check number differences in that time) you need to try harder or take him to court. There's a VMC class Acton link on my unofficial thread

Edit. I got my refund check 5 months after asking for it. Worst customer service ever.
Ken refund him already!
Technologov

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:41:40 PM

How many people received their miners?
magzy

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:50:21 PM

^ see my unofficial VMC thread
Technologov

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:25:31 PM

I cannot find it. Link plz.
magzy

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:29:28 PM

I cannot find it. Link plz.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=491609.0
ChefBorjan

Activity: 148

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:48:25 PM

And yet, your thread is out of date. VinceSamos has received his unit (has been at least a day or two now).

If you are going to try and keep some sort of 'log' to show how crappy Ken is, at least make the effort to keep it updated.

If you feel like leaving me a tip: 1MhxTnB5onvEMqF53TDXxVseQZzYZetxw3
NotLambchop

Merit: 254

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:57:25 PM

Did VinceSamos' board work?  Last I heard, he was installing *nix on his iProduct.
ChefBorjan

Activity: 148

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:08:13 PM

you have some eligius stats now ? Smiley

I do but eligius stats haven't been updating for the past 6ish hours.

This is for the prospector rated at 512GH/s - so it looks over-spec on the pool to me, pretty pleased about that!

If you feel like leaving me a tip: 1MhxTnB5onvEMqF53TDXxVseQZzYZetxw3
evilfishboy

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:20:36 PM

Just wondering what the status of my refund is?  It's been over a month since I was told that it should have been sent out.

Thanks.
NotLambchop

Merit: 254

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:39:14 PM

What is this shit?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: