Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 02:08:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you explain Bitcoin or crypto to complete newcomer  (Read 3258 times)
Frank0209

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:53:19 PM

I think we shouldn't explain for newcomer about Bitcoin and cryptocurrency directly cause maybe it'll make them hard to understand. For example some of my friends are exploring about Bitcoin they ask me a lot of I only gave them some topics or articles with a lot of informations about Bitcoin and cryptocurrency then if they have any problem and still missunderstood in anything I'll help them to solve it. I think it's a better way to let newcomer understand about cryptocurrency Cheesy
ghost424

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 01:02:09 PM

There are many things to explain to a newcomer on bitcoin. He or she might ask you where you are getting the extra income and you can tell them that you are getting it via the internet and then the topic of bitcoin or cryptocurrency will be opened. Bitcoin is a type of cryptocurrency and it is one of the largest value that cryptocurrency can have. Bitcoin is also still developing so the price he or she is seeing is not final. It may rise again significantly, this is why it is good to invest in bitcoin.
Paecga129

Activity: 422

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:00:33 PM

The best way to explain crypto to a newcomer is by explaining the role us money first then explain how Bitcoin is a network AND a currency, and Bitcoin was just the first app on this network that allows for trustless value transfer.
Quietman

Activity: 292

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:12:02 PM

So I've been involved in Bitcoin and crypto for about 5 months now and just about everyone I tell about it being friends and family most have never heard of it or the few that have they have no understanding of it so I was just curious into how others explain it all to total newcomers is their a webpage or video you may show for an easy understanding to explain it all ? Whenever I give my explanation it seems to go way over their head  Roll Eyes Cheers

I teach them what to do and then let them discover what really is bitcoin. There are some people whom you teach and after learning everything and earning, it seems like they dont even know you. Snobbers. That's why I suggest for you not to spoonfeed every information you know. And let them surf and research for the things they wanted to know.
Faith Joy

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:56:29 PM

So I've been involved in Bitcoin and crypto for about 5 months now and just about everyone I tell about it being friends and family most have never heard of it or the few that have they have no understanding of it so I was just curious into how others explain it all to total newcomers is their a webpage or video you may show for an easy understanding to explain it all ? Whenever I give my explanation it seems to go way over their head  Roll Eyes Cheers
I explain Bitcoin or crypto to complete newcomer by just sharing my experiences and testimonies in using bitcoin. With just hearing my experinces and testimonies people who heard it are being encouraged to also used and to also pursue bitcoin. With that I am able to encourage  and explain Bitcoin or crypto to complete newcomer.
Sarah08

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:09:33 PM

I explain Bitcoin or crypto to complete newcomer by just sharing my experiences and testimonies regarding bitcoin to explain Bitcoin or crypto to complete newcomer. With just sharing my experiences and testimonies they  are able to be encouraged in using and pursuing bitcoin also. It will help them so much.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1225

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:21:20 PM

So I've been involved in Bitcoin and crypto for about 5 months now and just about everyone I tell about it being friends and family most have never heard of it or the few that have they have no understanding of it so I was just curious into how others explain it all to total newcomers is their a webpage or video you may show for an easy understanding to explain it all ? Whenever I give my explanation it seems to go way over their head  Roll Eyes Cheers
We are in the same boat, dude. Almost everyone around me is naive to what Bitcoin or cryptocurrency is. In explaining to these people I always use the Cowries analogy or example to enlighten them that like cowries in the past as money, Bitcoin is the modern money from the Internet. That explanation sinks easily for most of them.

Before you boast of your material acquisition, take a stroll to a morgue and there you will find those who were once better than you're. Only fools think they've it all. Stay humble 🤔
Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 02:39:05 PM

There are more and more videos and places offering training.

If the person is not prepared to take the time and watch them - dont waste your time. Let them loose out on this opportunity in my opinion.

Bitcoinislife09

Activity: 1028
Merit: 144

Diamond Hands 💎HODL

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:39:15 PM

Many people still don't know what bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are all about. Same goes with me, I have shared something to some of my friends and family and I admot I have a hard time explaining to them. But I have this thought that if you share bitcoin with someone who is really in need of money, he/she will be willing to learn how it works. In that way you can easily teach it to him then eventually he can discover things by himself while doing something productive.
Berk

Activity: 99
Merit: 21

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:42:27 PM

You can show them all the videos and wikis possible but the only way I think is to give them a small amount to play around with and that will get them hooked.
dg2010

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:58:20 PM

You can show them all the videos and wikis possible but the only way I think is to give them a small amount to play around with and that will get them hooked.
Yes, I agree with you, the best way is that give them a little money to help them trade or invest in Bitcoin or Altcoins. Profit and loss can help them understand clearly.  Cheesy
KeeKit

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:30:27 AM

People's knowledge on bitcoin/cryptocurrency will always depend on how they understand the whole concept. As for me, I tell them about how I understand it and then refer them to a link that will back-up my explanation and for them to also explore and get to know the concept easier. For Ethereum, I will always suggest for them to check the website itself which is www.propthereum.io

All answers to possible questions is there and it has a very detailed whitepaper that can explain what it is.
SilverChromia

Activity: 357
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:19:22 AM

To explain everything in Bitcoin first i will explaint to newcomer that theres something in this era has been made and that is Cryptocurrencies or Digital Currency and i will tell him and explain about Cryptocurrency how it has its value and what kind of cryptocurrency do we have as of this moment. Like Bitcoins of course i will explain it to him how bitcoin starts and how can he/she work for it and how can it change it his/her life if he will put a lot of more focus on this and set his heart and mind and i will tell him/her how can change his/her life because of bitcoins

DRIFE  ●●●●●●     Pre-sale: December 2018
██ BNEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ██
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
Dek!

Activity: 97

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:48:28 AM

I just tell to them to visit this forum or some websites like CoinDesk, CoinTelegraph etc as reference.
And some local bitcoin news portal.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hisuka

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:55:52 AM

I just tell to them to visit this forum or some websites like CoinDesk, CoinTelegraph etc as reference.
And some local bitcoin news portal.
A newcomer cant understand easily about cryptocurrency, telling them about this forum and other websites can help. Also, the best is let them watch videos and explain to them about online digital currency whereas can use anytime and anywhere with internet connection. These would enlighten the newbie about digital currency.
okissabam

Activity: 700

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 12:20:52 PM

I'm a visual kind of person so usually when I explain about Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies, I either open up youtube or Google or even this forum to help them.understand more because it is difficult to explain a digital curremcy to someone who knows nothing about cryptocurrencies.
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 02:39:35 PM

I'm a visual kind of person so usually when I explain about Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies, I either open up youtube or Google or even this forum to help them.understand more because it is difficult to explain a digital curremcy to someone who knows nothing about cryptocurrencies.

That's better because with that you needn't have to be an expert or have an expertise knowledge of bitcioin becfore you will be able to teach them. The videos of people with some bitcoin knowledge will help make your work easier.
LastRolling

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:26:12 PM

If I would be given an opportunity to discuss what bitcoin is all about to a newcomer, I will taken it step by step. First, I will discuss to them the basic info's of bitcoin like when it was started, why and how it started, everything. Then, when a newcomer absorbs these basic info's, he or she might get interested more about bitcoin. I will discuss about how it will be used, how they will earn and make profit out of it.
alexzorgo

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:35:19 PM

One of the best articles for beginners, I consider, the article Adam Ludwin "A Letter to Jamie Dimon And anyone else still struggling to understand cryptocurrencies"
(https://blog.chain.com/a-letter-to-jamie-dimon-de89d417cb80). In it causes and effect relationships in the world of cryptocurrencies and ICO are described in simple language. Very much I recommend
nassma

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:58:28 PM

Here is new good site http://crypviz.io/, where each coin is supported by the knowledge database. I think this is quite cool for newcomers because of lack of information.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: