Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2019, 03:13:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.17.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 [302] 303 304 305 306 307 308 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Movement DAO | Fully Decentralized Organization | Borderless Collaboration  (Read 172032 times)
paramind22

Activity: 966
Merit: 512

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2018, 12:17:35 AM

A lot of coins pay for participation.  I don't mean just bounties, but for participating on forums, and so on.   Maybe we will have to do something like that.  It could work like crowdfunding.  Those with some MVT to spare could send MVT to an address that would pay for members to contribute to the forum, or something else.  They could post their address.  The problem is with gas though, which must have gotten much cheaper with ETH declining, but still not almost free as it would be in a non-ETH coin. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dropper
Copper Member

Activity: 76
Merit: 82

The Movement

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 09:45:50 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2018, 10:35:43 PM by Dropper
Merited by Piggy (2), bapp (1)

Parting with Decentraland

TLDR: Decentraland's ideals have changed radically compared to the time of its original token sale, which results in the Greenpoint district to be dissolved. Contributed MANA tokens will be refunded. The Movement continues.

When The Movement's vision was born in 2017, we set out on a mission to create Greenpoint — a virtual meeting point for grassroots activity. A place collectively created from the ground up by people from all around the world with the great aim to bring about new opportunities for all.

Believing it to be a good fit, we chose Decentraland to build upon, which presented itself as a user-owned and truly decentralized virtual world powered by the Ethereum blockchain. Our belief remains unchanged that combining both blockchain and virtual reality technology is a very captivating idea, as well as a great challenge to work on. In the Decentraland Terraform Event, 414,000 MANA tokens were staked to our district plan by various contributors, which resulted in the 414 LAND parcels that make up Greenpoint in the project's Genesis City. It is both unfortunate and sad that today we announce that our experience with their leadership has been the actual opposite of decentralized. As an unchangeable consequence we are parting with their platform.

At the time of district creation, there was never any mention of having to sign legal contracts or being forced to perform KYC — after all, this is in direct opposition to the very ideals of the platform itself. As time progressed, Decentraland's stance has changed radically, eventually leading to forcing district creators to sign a legal contract with their Cayman-island based company "Metaverse Holdings Ltd.", enforcing KYC identity verification, as well as setting up very specific rules for Land transfer. Not only did we not receive any clarification as to why and how these rules were not clearly set in the first place, but any and all of our requests to talk about this were ignored.

Neither have we been able to meet their central leadership's demands nor have we been able to meet their deadlines. On top of that, the Decentraland team itself has been unable to adequately fulfill their obligations. In fact, their project's roadmap has been altered, and timeframes have been delayed. At the time of their initial coin offering — in which they raised $24,000,000 — the project promoted its "Iron Age" — including multiplayer support with avatars and live chat, custom items and scripting on user-owned land for Q4 2017, as well as its "Silicon Age", a full-fledged 3D world with full VR support for 2018. It is now early December of 2018 and except for a platform to trade Land tokens, nothing of this has been released to the public. Despite not having sufficiently developed and published the platform as promised, they are now running a second Land sale and have announced via their Discord chat channel that several districts, including our own, will be dissolved.

The entire experience reflects the worst of centralization: users and contributors have very little to nothing to say. Decisions are largely made for the profit of and by those in charge, whom it is either very difficult or impossible to talk with. We have been trying to contact the project's leaders, Ariel Meilich and Esteban Ordano for weeks to talk about the matter and understand their position, but except for one short and cynic reply by Ariel were unfortunately ignored. Sincere thanks go out to Ember Snook, their district community manager, who has been genuinely trying to help as much as possible but is (in our view) in a very unfavorable position.

On a brighter side, we feel fortunate to have realized all of this now, rather than running into deeper and more demanding issues in the future. Decentraland states that district contributor's MANA will be refunded, yet they do not state an exact date as to when this will happen. After having waited for too long we now post this announcement without this much-needed information and hope that they will make an announcement as soon as they possibly can. However, even though we are not happy about having been unexpectedly and negatively hit by these changes, and despite personal regret of having chosen the platform, we wish everyone interested in Decentraland's further development well. We also hope for both their team, as well as their community at large, to be able to realize their plans over the long term. May the Decentraland platform be released to the public and ultimately be run not in a centralized but decentralized fashion.

This is not the end for The Movement but its first big challenge. The time has come to reinvent. And as an early motto of The Movement enthusiastically described — it is time to connect and create. As a project that stands on the pillars of true decentralization, that didn't raise any money — we are still here in the same spirit, which is to build together from the ground up. Greenpoint, the meeting point for grassroots movements, as well as the fully decentralized organization "The Movement", that continues to stand behind its vision, are not designed to be subject to central control or radical mission changes that go against its own nature. It is the very spirit of decentralization and borderless collaboration that makes up its core. If you are reading this, you are likely still here because you were interested in this idea. Ideas have no borders.

Let's continue to work on the realization of something that is larger than mere individual benefit — something that aims at transcending borders and boundaries. Each one of us remains to have the power to participate. Together we can make things happen, and we can continue to strive for making a positive difference. Thank you to all who are still here. You know who you are. Please do not hesitate to share your thoughts and opinions related to this posting, and related to the project.
Nick808

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 09:47:57 PM

Hello Community,

Here's a quick update on SCE.

https://socialchangeengine.io/

gumshed
Oh great this look beatiful website. Community is bit like you say than we just have to wait big whales to join us

in such a market it will be difficult to find large investors. but the fact that they continue to do development is a big plus. many teams have already raised their hands up and they still continue to develop, which sooner or later will lead to success.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Piggy

Activity: 700
Merit: 1248

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2018, 10:04:50 PM
Merited by bapp (1)

Dropper thank you for dropping(Smiley) by and clarify the situation, i heard there were problems but i didn't know/understand what were exactly and how severe was the situation.

I think this is not necessarily a bad thing, we have the unique chance now to actually look, find and decide what is going to be the best alternative, as a platform, to fit the Movement  Wink

bapp

Activity: 71
Merit: 31

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 10:56:53 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2018, 11:07:06 PM by bapp
Merited by Piggy (1)

Dropper!! Good to see you - it's been a long time

I admit I've never really been a huge fan of VR but a deep fan of RL : D.. I'm an old fashioned dude, I don't even like facebook or instant messengers, hehe. But I love the virtual HQ for grassroots idea. I was looking forward to meeting you et al and moving around there for sure.  It's not a huge deal to me but let me say I kinda hope for you to show yourself a little more, if you can... not as a leader (there's enough people who think they're leaders in this world) but as an enthusiast and community member like the rest of us, so we can reInvent things and search for new paths together. Granted, for many Movers the Decentraland story could be a lasting shock, I understand, but I wouldn't have signed any contract or carry out KYC with a company myself (heck, metaverse holdings ltd??) - even if I'm paid a hundred grand for that. most likely you would regret that decision later on.

Let's find alternative ways for Greenpoint to live.

BTW I sent you a direct message on talk.mvt.io, please have a look when you find time.

My regards to everybody in the house! let's get creatin'

New Economy Movement (NEM) https://nem.io
The Movement (MVT) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2068554
bapp

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 11:24:05 PM

Hello Community,

Here's a quick update on SCE.

https://socialchangeengine.io/

gumshed

Hey gumshed! Cool! Didn't see it yet.

Just gave away my 2 merits, none is left - would have given you 3!

I'll get back to that on the forums.

openminded792

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 12:05:15 AM

Hi guys,

I'm a regular blogger of decentraland, (dclblogger.com), you may have come across my work. It's sad to hear this the news on this district being dissolved.

I only got involved after the first land auction so never really got the chance to meet or interact with the districts.

I really like your project and persistence and wish you guys the very best moving forward.

Mat
paramind22

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 12:32:19 AM

A lot of coins pay for participation.  I don't mean just bounties, but for participating on forums, and so on.   Maybe we will have to do something like that.  It could work like crowdfunding.  Those with some MVT to spare could send MVT to an address that would pay for members to contribute to the forum, or something else.  They could post their address.  The problem is with gas though, which must have gotten much cheaper with ETH declining, but still not almost free as it would be in a non-ETH coin. 

Maybe we can create a WAVES token for MVT and use for Bounties.  WAVES is a truly great Crypto platform that is basically free to use and trade new tokens on.  You do the trading in your own wallet.   Using it as ETH is a good store of value but not good for commerce, teambuilding, etc.

fonship

Activity: 644
Merit: 119

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 03:26:51 AM

gumshed has been awesome always and building new things.
I agree with bapp that dropper or someone else needs to anchor the community and kick-start momentum for Movement.

I believe the person who originally thought about how things should happen, is the best to explain vision and mission.

by leading does not mean that we will become centralized, it's all about direction, but different people can have different roles and back up each other, in that way, no will be become central point of failure and we will collectively be the strength of this community and related developments.

Piggy

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 12:37:03 PM
Merited by vinipoars (1)

We can head over to https://talk.mvt.io and start collecting ideas and suggestions about which platform /set of tools/ blockchain to leverage for the next step of this journey, mainly to explore what are possibilities out there.
This may also make also sense in relation of the idea of gumshed and the sce.

Lastly I would be happy as well if somebody would step in and organize matters and priorities Smiley

Piggy

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2018, 04:03:19 PM

If somebody has any suggestion about platform which could make a new home for the Movement, i spinned up a thread here https://talk.mvt.io/t/platforms-proposal/147

become empty

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 02:34:46 PM

Namaste!

I've been following this project for a while. It really is something that is needed in the space.

Now motivated by the decoupling from the VR how about exploring the realms of RL more and more.

There are many places on our beautiful earth that can benefit from the connective force of The Movement.

Let us connect with people that are just starting to join the global internet. The decentralized internet age.

Who would be interested in connecting people. Focusing on developing and newly industrialized countries.

There is so much to learn and grow together.  On the road towards sustainability and interconnectivity of the people.
bapp

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 04:57:39 PM

happy holidays!

gumshed

Activity: 131
Merit: 57

The future is almost here.

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2018, 09:39:03 PM

Namaste!

I've been following this project for a while. It really is something that is needed in the space.

Now motivated by the decoupling from the VR how about exploring the realms of RL more and more.

There are many places on our beautiful earth that can benefit from the connective force of The Movement.

Let us connect with people that are just starting to join the global internet. The decentralized internet age.

Who would be interested in connecting people. Focusing on developing and newly industrialized countries.

There is so much to learn and grow together.  On the road towards sustainability and interconnectivity of the people.

Greetings and Welcome!

I feel this in my soul. Focusing on providing resources and the creation of opportunity in developing counties to help elevate all of humanity.

one internet. one species. advancement for all. everyone gets to sit at the table.

The Movement  🌱  Unstoppable Organization
▂▃▅▆ ⌠  Connect and Create  |  Join the movement  ⌡ ▆▅▃▂
Trade  Whitepaper  Bounties  Github  Twitter  Reddit  Telegram  Blog
TokenGazer

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 03:22:48 AM

There's an AMA at 10:00 AM (GMT+8) on 1.23 with Decentraland @decentraland in TokenGazer's Community. Welcome to the real time interation. There is the  link:https://u.wechat.com/MOI4-XgUJ9ToLRCFCH8PhgM
theinvestdude

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

Free crypto every day here: discord.gg/pXB9nuZ

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 06:16:04 AM

There's an AMA at 10:00 AM (GMT+8) on 1.23 with Decentraland @decentraland in TokenGazer's Community. Welcome to the real time interation. There is the  link:https://u.wechat.com/MOI4-XgUJ9ToLRCFCH8PhgM

TheMovement already part ways with decentraland and now looking for a new home for themovement. As of now there's not much movement here and still only community movement is present here.

paramind22

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2019, 02:38:03 AM

TheMovement already part ways with decentraland and now looking for a new home for themovement. As of now there's not much movement here and still only community movement is present here.

We have to get new people in.  Cryptocity is a new website that is looking for attention.  They already have a motivated developer.

Piggy

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2019, 08:32:11 AM

We have to get new people in.  Cryptocity is a new website that is looking for attention.  They already have a motivated developer.

Gumshed is going to attend https://www.ethdenver.com/ (February 15-17 2019)

You can read his post in here, is going to be quite interesting whatever is the outcome
https://talk.mvt.io/t/ethdenver-february-15-17-2019/162

i'm having a look at this Cryptocity in the meanwhile

TeraBite
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 09:32:51 AM

Gumshed is going to attend https://www.ethdenver.com/ (February 15-17 2019)

You can read his post in here, is going to be quite interesting whatever is the outcome
https://talk.mvt.io/t/ethdenver-february-15-17-2019/162

i'm having a look at this Cryptocity in the meanwhile

That is impressive statement when the team care about any project than it always bring something magical in long term. This project has potential to outperform in future and it will provide more better solution.
bapp

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 12:15:47 AM
Merited by Piggy (1), gumshed (1)

Everybody hope you're doing well and groovy in 2019

I saw that refunds of the decentraland district contributions have arrived. I thank them for that and imho it's actually good to be out of that project. The Movement must remain free-spirited. As to finding new platform..., I like to think that the world is what we should keep focusing on cause the tools are all there. Not simply a virtual-game but real-life DAO that arises from tech experimentation and unleashes in the collective human mind. If we can support one another on top of looking after ourselves we can move a step towards sustainable and productive living in that crypto is put to good and important use

#thanks Dropper for proton message: replied.
and Gumshed, that's excellent!
piggy how are you doin Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 [302] 303 304 305 306 307 308 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.