Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:32:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 [311] 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Movement DAO | Fully Decentralized Organization | Borderless Collaboration  (Read 262702 times)
Grafschmidt

Activity: 599
Merit: 273

---

View Profile
July 14, 2020, 05:52:10 PM

It is the not the right time to keep up with OMVT development. Now that more and more DAO advocates get relegated to handmaids and waiters, shortage of personnel becomes a threat to the notion that the ecosystem can survive the repercussions of gradual economic decay engendered by coronavirus. I would say most people in crypto will be slayed because of legit superstitions that crypto has a demonic nature.

So... What do we do ?
Waiting for gradual economic decay finger crossed or working to try to set up the financial system that can survive it?
 Wink

Nah, let's start building shelters, wait for the catastrophe and then build anew.

"Government, like dress, is the badge of lost innocence".
Thomas Paine, 1776.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dropper (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 80
Merit: 120

The Movement

View Profile
July 15, 2020, 07:00:22 PM
Merited by gumshed (10)

80,000 MVT (txid) were released from The Movement's Bounty Fund to gumshed with the aim to push forward community building and development efforts.

Thanks to all of you, you know who you are. Keep the spirits up.
DarkTrollCoin

Activity: 226
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2020, 08:11:35 PM

80,000 MVT (txid) were released from The Movement's Bounty Fund to gumshed with the aim to push forward community building and development efforts.

Would have +merit this one if i could.

The Movement  🌱  Unstoppable Organization
▂▃▅▆ ⌠  Connect and Create  |  Join the movement  ⌡ ▆▅▃▂
Trade  Whitepaper  Bounties  Github  Twitter  Reddit  Telegram  Blog
DarkTrollCoin

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2020, 01:23:41 PM

It is the not the right time to keep up with OMVT development. Now that more and more DAO advocates get relegated to handmaids and waiters, shortage of personnel becomes a threat to the notion that the ecosystem can survive the repercussions of gradual economic decay engendered by coronavirus. I would say most people in crypto will be slayed because of legit superstitions that crypto has a demonic nature.

So... What do we do ?
Waiting for gradual economic decay finger crossed or working to try to set up the financial system that can survive it?
 Wink

Nah, let's start building shelters, wait for the catastrophe and then build anew.

Can we do that with a paper bag on the head?  Huh  Grin

gumshed

Activity: 233
Merit: 178

The future is almost here.

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2020, 08:21:16 PM

Hello All,

While the Movement DAO has been around since 2017, it has been an almost shapeless amoeba, floating about ether space, gaining intrinsic value and experience. While the mission statement was always clear, our goals may have not been.

(Based on the principles of open-source transparency and permissionless collaboration, The Movement is open for all valuable contributions and free to evolve. By harnessing the capabilities of blockchain technology, we provide a common ground for worldwide collaboration, innovation, experimentation, and value creation.)

While vague, the statement holds a lot of power, especially in today's world climate.

In an attempt to gain some clarity, add value to the community, and to contribute to the Ethereum Ecosystem, I will be moving forward with a few things and I would encourage all of you to come with.

The Movement DAO will be deploying an instance of our new DAO contract and platform.  With this, a new MVT token will be minted and sent to all current MVT holders at the time of minting. These tokens will unlock functionality in the DAO.  The main function of these new DAO token will be their ability to distribute generated revenue from the Social Change Engine, to the holders.

The Raid Guild will be building this. 25,000 MVT were paid. Here is the Txhash. 0x81385186c9db3fab1d1e10230c42d7fb982a8bf2c2fcdd8fc63945ebea23a47d

Once completed, the code and pre-deployment actions will be displayed to the community for a period of 1 week, for members to voice any disapproval of the direction.

Deployed, this will give a solid foundation for the Movement DAO to build.  Anyone will be able to add value and help shape the future of the DAO.

Dropper has release 80,000 MVT 0xcf0674cdac75d8adcd40f5b6df69a414f3fd00a1fe1151107289be4ca331990a  to an account I currently have control of. These funds will be used for upcoming bounties, development, and promotion.

The Social Change Engine will be deploying a DeFi solution that leverages the Uniswap protocol.  This SCE contract will be the Social Change Engine’s “Hub”.  It will collect and distribute fees generated by services to common gas pools, lending pools, and MVT token holders. Once an initial stake has been set, these pools will allow for users (MVT Holders) of the platform Gas-less use of all services. Abstract

The Mobile version of the SCE interface will follow which will allow for augmented reality bounties. These will allow members to create bounties in the real world.  Augmented reality “Job Boards” that list bounties. Geo-Patiatial representations of bounties and on-chain interaction.

The DAO itself will control extra funds generated by the SCE. These funds will pool into Community Pools generated by MVT Bags set aside for the initial stake.
All of this has been thought about in terms of perpetual funding mechanisms. The idea that once started, The Movement DAO, and the Social Change Engine can’t be stopped.  These tools will allow for the promotion of self-sovereignty and fundamental human rights by abandoning current paradigms.

Think open source tools, built to help others, help themselves.

All are welcome.

Create and Connect

gumshed

MarioV

Activity: 2254
Merit: 709

View Profile
July 18, 2020, 01:06:02 PM

I had completely forgotten about this project but now I am seeing from this thread that it is still alive and well. Who knows how much news I missed, I'll have to invest a lot of time to read.
I am one of those who received a genesis address at the beginning in airdrop: what do you advise me to do now?
gumshed

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2020, 06:52:29 AM

I had completely forgotten about this project but now I am seeing from this thread that it is still alive and well. Who knows how much news I missed, I'll have to invest a lot of time to read.
I am one of those who received a genesis address at the beginning in airdrop: what do you advise me to do now?

Hello

Fantastic you've returned!

There are a few things you could do now.

Add to a Liquidity Pool

Locking you're MVT in with some ETH to help support the project would be a great thing to do. Building Value. Building Buzz. Hopefully, others will see. Maybe I can do this full time.  Wink  But yeah, the new tokens will be sent to the current addresses. Any liquidity can be migrated.

Share with your friends

The Movement DAO is trying to building something similar to a public utility in my mind. Web3 projects are the future.

Connect and Create

Start working on something your passionate about and connect with like minded people by using the Movement DAO's forum.  Start a community. Get active.

The Movement DAO is free to evolve on it's own.   Have fun.

gumshed.

paramind22

Activity: 2646
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2020, 06:53:32 PM

Great news!  What are your plans for using it, Gumshed?

gumshed

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2020, 07:09:42 PM

Great news!  What are your plans for using it, Gumshed?

Hey paramind22, how've you been?

As far as the funds, I'm going to say that really is for the community to decide.  My plan is to write various build bounties for the community and post them on Gitcoin. Feature updates, design updates, etc. If anyone in the community would like to work on this or have other ideas feel free to share. If anyone would like to request funds for a project, these funds are open to the community for use.

I just like knowing we have funds set aside to do it.

Also, on a personal note. Today I put my notice in with the employer I've had for 11 years to pursue other creative things. (this)  Wink

othell_rogue

Activity: 800
Merit: 143

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 08:18:09 AM

As far as the funds, I'm going to say that really is for the community to decide.  My plan is to write various build bounties for the community and post them on Gitcoin. Feature updates, design updates, etc. If anyone in the community would like to work on this or have other ideas feel free to share. If anyone would like to request funds for a project, these funds are open to the community for use.

Also, on a personal note. Today I put my notice in with the employer I've had for 11 years to pursue other creative things. (this)  Wink

The only thing I can think of at this moment is MVT exposure outhere. So a bounty campaign would be a very good thing for the project and I will participate with pleasure if any will be held. I don't expect any coins in return, tho.

To Buy, or not to Sell? That is the question.
paramind22

Activity: 2646
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2020, 10:54:50 PM

I have been excellent thanks for asking.  Congrats on moving on to new more creative things with this project.

As far as ideas, I think maybe some things relatively simple on the tech side is a good idea.  Tech changes so fast, and what might seem like accepted new standards for younger people might require more learning curves for older people.  Maybe something about creating content on simple websites and getting some google rankings for those sites as a target for a certain bounty?  Something with social media although I like the idea of that not being exclusive as just organic Google rankings are always legit whereas social media can be faked or ignored.  I like springing things on the unsuspecting public that they find almost by accident.  Cheesy

gumshed

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2020, 04:42:39 PM
Merited by suchmoon (7), dariloff (3), SEELE^^01 (1)

Hello Community,

Here's a quick update. We will begin moving to deploy on the Testnet. Please bring issues over to the community Discord .

Mechanisms

A few key features include, but are not limited to:

• DAO is upgradeable.
  • DAO is governed by and for the Movement community.
  • DAO has a treasury that can hold and manage ERC-20 or ERC-721 tokens.
  • DAO can interact with any external contract (Uniswap, NFT minting, etc) that an EOA can.
  • Current MVT token holders can request to swap their MVT for the new Movement DAO token (MDT).
  • DAO tokens (MDT) are transferable just like the old MVT token.
  • DAO tokens (MDT) now give MVT holders the right to participate in signaling votes, treasury management, and DAO upgrades/parameter changes.

MDT Token

The Movement DAO will have a transferable token. The name of this token is MDT (Movement DAO Token.)

Token requests

Since Movement already has a token (MVT), the community needs to migrate to the DAO and it’s new token. Doing this all at once is likely to be disruptive. It will also take a lot of effort to replace exchange listings and community balances. To make this easier for all parties involved we will make the token migration gradual and opt-in. This would look like adding a token request app to the Movement DAO so that MVT holders can request to exchange MVT (old Movement token) for the new Movement DAO token (MDT.

This is similar to a staking mechanism that locks up tokens to give people voting rights, but rather than staking here token holders would make a swap. The idea here being that people who want to engage with the Movement DAO can opt-in to doing so. All new activity (votes, capital, etc) will go through the DAO, so this creates an incentive to participate. Because the migration is opt-in there’s no pressure to migrate right away, but people who want to continue engaging with Movement have a clear and simple way to do so.

When people want to migrate from the old MVT token to the new Movement DAO token (MDT) they will submit a token request. This will be a simple 1 to 1 exchange of MVT <> MDT.

In addition to exchanging MVT for MDT, you can also whitelist any ERC-20 to be swapped for DAO tokens. You can add/remove tokens from the token request whitelists at any time via the built-in console. The commands for this are:

• exec/0xc24448448c34b08847730adb3a7f9f5d757c04ce/addToken(TOKEN_ADDRESS)
  • exec/0xc24448448c34b08847730adb3a7f9f5d757c04ce/removeToken(TOKEN_ADDRESS)

Note: when you execute an action in the console it does not immediately happen. The requested action will go to a DAO vote for MDT token holders to decide on.

We will whitelist the following tokens when we set up the Movement DAO:

• MVT - The original Movement token.

Voting

Voting overview

The voting app is the heart of the Movement DAO. It will control all of the DAO’s functions including, but not limited to:

• DAO parameter changes
  • DAO infrastructure upgrades
  • Whitelisting tokens for token requests
  • Approving new token requests

The DAO will be fully autonomous in that it can upgrade it’s own code. This is done by voting to change permissions and/or add new apps. As a result, DAO token holders will be able to change things in the future if they want.

Initial voting parameters

Movement Dao time box voting. In the future, if MDT token holders want to add a new governance mechanism they will be able to do so.

The voting app parameters need to balance security with efficiency. Too much friction and engaging with the DAO will be painful, but not enough and there won’t be any checks and balances.

• 0% quorum
  • 60% voting approval
  • 7 day voting window

A 0% quorum requirement allows members to create and pass votes on their own, but only if no other members object. This replicates the design principles of rough consensus but in a programmatic way. Any member can propose a vote and it is expected that they vote yes on their own proposal. Any member can then vote on that proposal, but they don’t have to if they don’t object to it because it’ll pass as is. If they do object, however, then they can easily vote to veto the proposal. As a result, people are unlikely to propose anything that isn’t supported by the group. This achieves aligned outcomes for all parties involved with the least amount of effort possible.

A 60% voting approval requirement means that of those who participate, the majority need to approve the vote. Setting this higher than 50% makes it easier for members to veto malicious or contentious proposals with minimal effort.

A 7-day voting window gives token holders time to participate in decision making. It’s important that this window is long enough that people aren’t rushed to participate or make snap decisions, esp for things like DAO parameter changes and upgrades.

Agent

The Movement DAO will have an Agent as a DAO bank. You can think of Agent as a vault for the DAO, but a “smart vault” in that it can execute arbitrary Solidity code and interact with any external contract that an EOA can interact with. There are a variety of ways to engage Agent to make external contract calls (Aragon CLI, Aragon client console, Frame), but all actions will need to go through a MDT token holder vote before executing.

Just like most people use their Ethereum accounts to hold and send tokens, you’ll probably mostly use Agent as a treasury for the Movement community. You’ll be able to receive, hold, and send any ERC-20 or ERC-721 token.

I hope this message finds you all well.

gumshed

fonship

Activity: 893
Merit: 135

Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2020, 04:55:37 PM

Love these transparent updates. Great to see community project surviving years and making a great come back

selling sushistake.com, send offers
Departure

Activity: 1204
Merit: 288

View Profile
July 27, 2020, 05:43:03 PM

Hi, where can you buy? There is no liquidity anywhere
gumshed

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2020, 02:59:36 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2020, 07:09:34 PM by gumshed

Hi, where can you buy? There is no liquidity anywhere

Uniswap Pairs

ForkDelta

Mcafee Instant Buy

othell_rogue

Activity: 800
Merit: 143

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 06:58:54 AM

~snip

Mcafee instant buy?! Is this John's platform? or just the name... Anyway didn't knew about MVT being listed on there too. So good job guys!
Also I love to see some good activity around the project lately. Keep up the good work!

To Buy, or not to Sell? That is the question.
TeraBite
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 09:57:40 AM

~snip

Mcafee instant buy?! Is this John's platform? or just the name... Anyway didn't knew about MVT being listed on there too. So good job guys!
Also I love to see some good activity around the project lately. Keep up the good work!

Yes it's official MCaffee's DEX but liquidity is still big issue of DEXes. If the more community will get involve into this project than it will increase the demand and will bring more exposue. I think active marketing team is the key of success and this project is missing this to jump again.

MEGATRON  -  THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION       
                        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER         LAUNCH EVENT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN                 
jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 529

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
July 30, 2020, 08:35:38 PM

~snip

Yes it's official MCaffee's DEX but liquidity is still big issue of DEXes. If the more community will get involve into this project than it will increase the demand and will bring more exposue. I think active marketing team is the key of success and this project is missing this to jump again.

Yes, liquidity is a big issue on DEX but when people say this there is a reason why it is an issue because the transaction fee is too high for average users as compared to CEX, until this issue is resolved DEX will keep having this issue. I will wait for SERUM platform to be ready and see what they have to offer

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
DarkTrollCoin

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2020, 09:24:44 PM
Merited by vinipoars (1)

Swap is in progress or so  Wink

https://medium.com/@gumshed_88995/the-movement-dao-ba63fd138b2d
https://medium.com/@gumshed_88995/mvt-mdt-swap-guide-2020-e42e43386436

t.me/TheMovementDAO
discord.gg/5EKcqbQ

Mondo3

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2020, 05:52:27 AM

Was just about to ask for this - thanks!
Pages: « 1 ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 [311] 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 »
  Print  

Jump to: