Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 01:55:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Is Bitcoin's Value So Volatile?  (Read 11212 times)
zeaderza

Activity: 896
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:21:20 AM

Why Is Bitcoin's Value So Volatile? I am confused to buy bitcoin now when it's value is too high.
Yeah a lot of the people are thinking that the bitcoin price is very high and the income of the bitcoin will be the best source of the bitcoin so buy bitcoin and then get in the bitcoin for the long time. The price of the bitcoin is increasing more and more so it will be more difficult to buy the bitcoin for the future I love to buy the bitcoin and the future of the money will be more than this.
Bitcoin price is not exactly that high as it should be. If you ask me, we have just seen tip of the iceberg. If we look at the future values, the present one is not a big deal really. Though holding bitcoin must be treasured as compare to holding any other digital currency and it is very expensive than any other asset. Bitcoin demand is increasing and the supply is a scarce one that is the main reason why it is growing so much.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:39:18 AM

Why Is Bitcoin's Value So Volatile? I am confused to buy bitcoin now when it's value is too high.

Bitcoin's Value is volatile due to its decentralized structure that is why an irregular rising and falling of its value is felt frequently. Though its status so irregular, it seems that it's current status is going all the way up which makes it more recognizable now a days.
i think the fluctuation occurs because bitcoin market still has a small marketcap so that any policy from the community or some users will give effect to the price and it makes the price quickly changeable, and in the future when bitcoin marketcap is very big because bitcoin is used by everyone of course price change on bitcoin will become slow and no longer fluctuate
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:58:42 AM

because bitcoin is still young despite it was around 2011. news and speculations can affect bitcoin's value especially the news that can affect people that invests in bitcoin.
Bitcoin is volatile because it is totally depending on no of investor investing in it as investor demand become high this coin start giving boost to its prices and as some of incident occurs that has an impact on its market its prices start falling and more of it nowadays prices are high just because user demand is high and more of the regions across the world is accepting now and volatility is its advantage for user.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 04:10:05 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2017, 04:42:12 PM by deisik

Bitcoin's Value is volatile due to its decentralized structure that is why an irregular rising and falling of its value is felt frequently. Though its status so irregular, it seems that it's current status is going all the way up which makes it more recognizable now a days.
i think the fluctuation occurs because bitcoin market still has a small marketcap so that any policy from the community or some users will give effect to the price and it makes the price quickly changeable, and in the future when bitcoin marketcap is very big because bitcoin is used by everyone of course price change on bitcoin will become slow and no longer fluctuate

This is not a given

If Bitcoin remains primarily a vehicle for speculation as it has been for the last few years, then the growth in its market cap will mean only increased volatility. This is a common mistake or misconception to assume that Bitcoin price will stabilize at higher figures (which is what a bigger market cap in effect means). That could potentially work out if Bitcoin were to be adopted by the real economy across the world as a means of payment, but if it remains to be used mostly for speculation purposes, then there is not a single reason to think that the rise in price could lower volatility. In fact, it will only increase it, even in relative terms (not even speaking of absolute values)

Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:30:30 PM

because bitcoin is still young despite it was around 2011. news and speculations can affect bitcoin's value especially the news that can affect people that invests in bitcoin.
Bitcoin is volatile because it is totally depending on no of investor investing in it as investor demand become high this coin start giving boost to its prices and as some of incident occurs that has an impact on its market its prices start falling and more of it nowadays prices are high just because user demand is high and more of the regions across the world is accepting now and volatility is its advantage for user.
I agree. The big cause of being volatile of the price of bitcoin is the number of user that demanded on it. Volatility is the characteristic which attract investors to invest because it gives opportunity for them to get more profit instead of investing their money on local currency that has fixed value and get small profit unlike in bitcoin value when you hold it for long time.

darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1349

Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:40:31 PM

Bitcoin's price will keep on changing from time to time because no one determines its price. You can buy a coin anytime it's price will eventually go higher in time.

This is one of the dumbest explanations i've seen. If there would be no external influence the coin would remain stable or would continue to move in one direction. The price is volatile precisely due to the fact that it's being influenced by events or news about them (sometimes fake).
Your second statement is also false. Nobody can predict with certainty what will happen to BTC in a year or two.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
musharaf

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:59:06 PM

Yes the bitcoin value is very volatile and the reason is that it is decentralized nature and it is currency which may change its value through the pressure of market forces like demand and supply. The value is volatile and still very popular and famous among the other altcoins it is highly trading currency and good option for secure and profitable investment.

futurepast1019

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:22:39 PM

I think the reason is that there is no government who is backing up this currency. In contrast, most governments do not like cryptocurrency for it is too hard to monitor right now.
Gasotard

Activity: 156

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:34:00 PM

A lot of people want Bitcoin, that is why the price is going everywhere.

Ultegra134

Activity: 1610
Merit: 787

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:05:54 PM

Demand and finite supply are always something that do affect the price, however, from my view, major events have a great effect on Bitcoin's price, such as forks for example. Similar to stock trading, when something adverse happens in a company, its stock's price falls at a great degree.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
rey.fudz15

Activity: 204

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:11:30 PM

Demand and finite supply are always something that do affect the price, however, from my view, major events have a great effect on Bitcoin's price, such as forks for example. Similar to stock trading, when something adverse happens in a company, its stock's price falls at a great degree.
I agree that some events actually affect the volatility of bitcoin i think it is because people who holds bitcoin or uses it significantly affects his/her decision base on events and even statements from big personalites.

Seeker#9

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:25:37 AM

No one is in control of a decentralized virtual currency so the  bitcoin is naturally high in volatility. Its value will fluctuates rapidly if there's an event happened related to bitcoin
Ausgewielt

Activity: 453
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:44:38 AM

Its because of the supply and demand which now is being played by trader.

Iantot08

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:18:52 AM

Bitcoin is volatile because the value of Bitcoin was increase and sometimes it decrease.The price goes flactuation.
Bitcoin volatility is also driven in large part by varying perceptions of the intrinsic value of the cryptocurrency as a store of value and method of value transfer. A store of value is the function by which an asset can be useful in the future with some predictability. A store of value can be saved and exchanged for some good or service in the future. A method of value transfer is any object or concept used to transmit property in the form of assets from one party to another. Bitcoin’s volatility at the present makes it a somewhat unclear store of value, but it promises nearly frictionless value transfer. Since these two drivers of the current spot price of Bitcoin vary against the dollar and other fiat currencies, we see that Bitcoin's value can swing based on news events much as we observe with fiat currencies.
PokerStein1

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:22:39 AM

Bitcoin's market cap is still too low for the entire world economy that is why i think it is so volatile for now. But eventually it will become steady in price but we have too much way to go then.

Bitcoinjheta

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:28:44 AM

Its because of the supply and demand which now is being played by trader.

I think there are many reasons why bitcoin value is so volatile like the theory of supply and demand and the absence of government policies with regards to digital currencies in some country if not all. The rise and fall of its exchange value depends in its investors who are mostly also its users. As we review its price status for the past years we can really say it's getting higher and the users are getting more motivated thus attracting more people to engage in bitcoin.
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 06:00:26 AM

Yes because of decentralisation investors can buy and sell bitcoin at any time, and in any amount! That’s very important reason for its market to fluctuate in such wavy pattern. The upwards movement that we see in the bitcoin market is all about new investors coming into play, bitcoin gaining more and more popularity each day and also few of the good news such amazon accepting bitcoin etc. push the bitcoin market a lot. In between we see the fork which are reason why it goes down and so on.
jonatuzc

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:47:46 AM

Yeah a lot of the people are thinking that the bitcoin price is very high and the income of the bitcoin will be the best source of the bitcoin so buy bitcoin and then get in the bitcoin for the long time. The price of the bitcoin is increasing more and more so it will be more difficult to buy the bitcoin for the future I love to buy the bitcoin and the future of the money will be more than this.
Bitcoin price is not exactly that high as it should be. If you ask me, we have just seen tip of the iceberg. If we look at the future values, the present one is not a big deal really. Though holding bitcoin must be treasured as compare to holding any other digital currency and it is very expensive than any other asset. Bitcoin demand is increasing and the supply is a scarce one that is the main reason why it is growing so much.
The market price of anything, May it be bitcoin or any other coin in the world of crypto currency greatly depends on the demand of that coin. The main reason behind this much volatile nature of bitcoin is the increasing demand of bitcoin and that in such a short span of time.

The way bitcoin is making progress, almost every one of us actually wants to invest in bitcoin for having better future.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:01:29 AM

Exactly. When one currency is decentralized then there is no check and balance from one supreme power about what is going on. Like our local currencies, there are regulating by the National banks and governments, that is why we have a stable price in business in our country. Bitcoin have decentralization and that makes it more volatile because of randomness.
Yes I agree, the decentralized of the bitcoin is of the reason why so volatile,and an speculative asset that makes people attracts bitcoin. Bitcoin value is volatile because there are many who  suppports bitcoin, Which invested in continues to buy and sell on bitcoin that make it volatile. So the demand is increasing in bitcoin.

i don't think that decentralization has a direct effect on fluctuations, because what I see here that plays a direct role in the rapidly changing price of bitcoin (volatile) is from a small marketcap so that every demand and supply of each user exerts a great influence on bitcoin price changes, or it can be said that bitcoin users are still few, then its give effect to the small marketcap and result in very rapid fluctuations
BrendaGee

Activity: 26

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:03:21 AM

At the time you posted, rortan75, the volatility was nothing compared to what it is now. For now the volatility is very high because of the hysteria around the price. Price can range of 100$ in a single hour
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: