Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:45:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CIF Blockchain | Launchpad | Education | cryptoimprovementfund.io  (Read 28146 times)
CIF (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

Business on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 10:16:00 PM

I don't think Inga is using our existing Github, I didn't even think to update the github with hers. It would be smart to put everything together but I know she has her own team so I'll have to speak to her about this.

When the new Wallets are available, will the accrued time online/PoS be transferred as well?

To the best of my knowledge - that's impossible. You would miss out on one month of staking. There's nothing inherently wrong with the current wallets - they are a QT fork - probably one of the most reliable wallets ever made - I just want them to be a little bit more user friendly.

CIF Crypto Improvement Fund
CIF Blockchain | Launchpad | Education
» Facebook * Twitter * Telegram * Reddit * Medium «
[/size]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PD1882

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:18:14 AM

I don't think Inga is using our existing Github, I didn't even think to update the github with hers. It would be smart to put everything together but I know she has her own team so I'll have to speak to her about this.

When the new Wallets are available, will the accrued time online/PoS be transferred as well?

To the best of my knowledge - that's impossible. You would miss out on one month of staking. There's nothing inherently wrong with the current wallets - they are a QT fork - probably one of the most reliable wallets ever made - I just want them to be a little bit more user friendly.

Ok no problems, In that case when it comes to upgrading Ill try to time it to just after the end of the 30 day batch for staking.

I like the Wallet - its the first Id ever used and its very straight forward for the simple things like sending and receiving, couldnt be easier! For sure Ill be asking you about backing up and security mind you, I want to protect my precious $CIF!

I guess when you release the new Wallets youll have an idiot guide for people like me?!? I suppose that will simply be download new Wallet and send everything to new Wallet address?
kamikaza

Activity: 597
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:48:44 AM

Ok no problems, In that case when it comes to upgrading Ill try to time it to just after the end of the 30 day batch for staking.

I like the Wallet - its the first Id ever used and its very straight forward for the simple things like sending and receiving, couldnt be easier! For sure Ill be asking you about backing up and security mind you, I want to protect my precious $CIF!

I guess when you release the new Wallets youll have an idiot guide for people like me?!? I suppose that will simply be download new Wallet and send everything to new Wallet address?

You don't need to wait 30 before you receive your mined coins from staking. Your coins only need to mature for 30 days. The wallet is way too simpel and looks really bad, design and user-ability really needs to be improved.
PD1882

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:02:39 AM

You don't need to wait 30 before you receive your mined coins from staking. Your coins only need to mature for 30 days. The wallet is way too simpel and looks really bad, design and user-ability really needs to be improved.

Hi Kamikaza - thanks for yours, can you help me understand that a little better? The 30 maturity - I took that to be 30 days with the wallet online uninterrupted, thereafter they mature and are eligible for staking/mining, but if youre online for say 6 days, turn the machine off for the weekend resume for a further 24 days, that doesnt count as 30, its got to be 30 in one session.

As for the Wallet I like its simplicity BUT perhaps Id outgrow it in time. For now its perfect for me.
kamikaza

Activity: 597
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:17:57 PM

Hi Kamikaza - thanks for yours, can you help me understand that a little better? The 30 maturity - I took that to be 30 days with the wallet online uninterrupted, thereafter they mature and are eligible for staking/mining, but if youre online for say 6 days, turn the machine off for the weekend resume for a further 24 days, that doesnt count as 30, its got to be 30 in one session.

As for the Wallet I like its simplicity BUT perhaps Id outgrow it in time. For now its perfect for me.

Your wallet doesn't even have to be online or open for your coins to mature. For staking, however, you need to have your wallet open etc. You create a staking weight which influences the time until you get paid. The longer you stake, the higher your stake weight will become, and the shorter the waiting time to get paid. This can take a couple of days, hours, or a week. All depending on how many coins you have.

Regarding the wallet. Honestly, i have seen many projects and wallets. This wallet is very basic and unacceptable in these days, especially if you want do marketing etc.
PD1882

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:40:32 PM

Your wallet doesn't even have to be online or open for your coins to mature. For staking, however, you need to have your wallet open etc. You create a staking weight which influences the time until you get paid. The longer you stake, the higher your stake weight will become, and the shorter the waiting time to get paid. This can take a couple of days, hours, or a week. All depending on how many coins you have.

Regarding the wallet. Honestly, i have seen many projects and wallets. This wallet is very basic and unacceptable in these days, especially if you want do marketing etc.

Thanks Kamikaza - so own them for 30 days, online or offline and they mature. To stake them then its 30 days online acting as an approver of transactions and thus benefiting from the mining done.

I think I need to do more research on the differences between a mature coin and a staked coin. Definitely need to figure out creating a staking weight.

Basically, I've had some coins since mid October (tiny amount, gratefully received via airdrops!) and overnight on Tuesday some mining occurred and I was given a snippet of another $CIF. I did not (knowingly) create any staking weight, merely kept it open and online.

LOL I guess I'm easily pleased, and simple things please simple people! Thank you for the pointers, Im not sure the Whitepaper covers it in so much details so Ill do some further googling.
CIF (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 04:26:15 PM

I would say that this wallet and the fact that it seems basic is because so many projects are based on erc-20 tokens. We wanted something safe, reliable and functional - QT fork does all that. Now that our project is underway we can move onto bigger and better things. Creating a custom blockchain takes alot of time, money and expertise. Look at what's happening with complex wallets like Parity etc. Sometimes simple is better - to start.

But yes agreed - as our project grows - additional tech is needed, and will be delivered.

[/size]
CIF (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 04:28:20 PM

Thanks Kamikaza - so own them for 30 days, online or offline and they mature. To stake them then its 30 days online acting as an approver of transactions and thus benefiting from the mining done.

I think I need to do more research on the differences between a mature coin and a staked coin. Definitely need to figure out creating a staking weight.

Basically, I've had some coins since mid October (tiny amount, gratefully received via airdrops!) and overnight on Tuesday some mining occurred and I was given a snippet of another $CIF. I did not (knowingly) create any staking weight, merely kept it open and online.

LOL I guess I'm easily pleased, and simple things please simple people! Thank you for the pointers, Im not sure the Whitepaper covers it in so much details so Ill do some further googling.

The whitepaper speaks more to the actual project and goals we're trying to accomplish as a company. We've written a few articles on our medium https://medium.com/@admincif regarding staking but we didn't want to dilute our project with specific knowledge than that - we could have written a 100 pages on PoW/PoS alone!

[/size]
altdev

Activity: 101

The one and only #Altcoin Devvie / Devnullius!

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 09:57:55 PM

Guess who's back! Smiley

And: LOL - first message I read is again about the PoS - it must be the entrepeneur in our fans that makes this so fascinating : )

Let's catch up on what else has been going on!

Devvie
twitter.com/devnullius

altdev

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 10:07:06 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2017, 08:25:29 PM by altdev

I would say that this wallet and the fact that it seems basic is because so many projects are based on erc-20 tokens. We wanted something safe, reliable and functional - QT fork does all that. Now that our project is underway we can move onto bigger and better things. Creating a custom blockchain takes alot of time, money and expertise. Look at what's happening with complex wallets like Parity etc. Sometimes simple is better - to start.

But yes agreed - as our project grows - additional tech is needed, and will be delivered.

All wallets are basicly the same. The ones with extra features are very very rare. And for a reason. Security! Proof of concept is not alone - proof of practice is what rules (especially if you target business users).

So why does our wallet look bad? Because we did not invest in fancy graphics and a good designer. Should we do that? Of course! Pretty is nice. Should it be our first focus when you see the full concept of CIF Ltd.? Of course not. You can only spend your dollars once.

Though (as an oldie) I *am* curious which wallets are liked most atm. One thing I like in wallets is a Twitter feed for example to keep up to date. I also love grahpics: current price, time for staking, etc.

So do let us know (but remember: we know, graphics, colours, design: it matters but it *costs* too!)

POST-EDIT: MORE ABOUT THE WALLETS HERE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2075838.msg24862386#msg24862386

altdev

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 10:42:55 PM

As far as *I* know... Upgrading the wallet won't change anything to your staking or age of coins. At least, not any more than closing and starting the wallet would.

The wallet is just a front-end to the blockchain through your personal wallet.dat file. So while closing a wallet might interrupt a stake coming in, upgrading the wallet isn't anything more than closing the wallet and starting it again. Unless there's a (soft) fork... Then all bets are off Smiley

altdev

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 11:42:03 PM

I'm still impressed here - anyone else? Smiley

altdev

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 09:29:04 AM

4 in the morning in Canada yet guess who's still writing articles to inform the community? That's right - Scott, founder of CIF Ltd. with the flue and all!

#dedication

altdev

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 11:27:17 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2017, 05:46:23 PM by altdev

Since we are attracting many crypto newbies (welcome!), one of the most asked questions for our support (me & Scott ;p) is how to backup and restore your "CIF coins".

So... Let me start with an edited copy paste from: https://freedomnode.com/guides/14/how-to-backup-and-restore-bitcoin-wallet

-------->
A wallet backup protects your $CIF conis against computer or software failure. It may also help you retrieve your funds after your device was stolen or lost.

There are generally 3 ways to backup the cryptoimprovementfund wallet. Different software supports different methods. We only discuss one - to keep it simple'ish : )

Make sure you're familiar with your wallet before loading it with CIF.

If you lose the backup and can't access your wallet for some reasons, your CIFs are permanently gone!

Remember: Always encrypt your wallet with a strong password to make it more difficult for an attacker to steal your coins!

The method discussed here is used by the Cryptoimprovementfund CIF wallet (and few others like Bitcoin) and comprises of backing up your wallet.dat file. It's a file that holds keys to spend outputs, addresses, transaction information, and other metadata such as contacts.

It has a different location based on the computer operating system you use.

Windows: %AppData%\cryptoimprovementfund
Linux: ~/.cryptoimprovementfund/
Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/cryptoimprovementfund/

If you can't find the location please let us know here on bitcointalk, we'll try to assist you.

Installing the Software
Download the zip file. Extract it to a new folder. Place the new folder on a place that makes sense (other than the download folder that is). Start the executable in the folder with the extracted file. At first run, a new empty wallet.dat will be created (if it does not exist). If you get an error, start the wallet a second time. Within an hour you should start synchronizing.

Backup
Locate your wallet.dat file (see above) and copy it to another device only you have access to. Make sure to leave instructions in your will & testament... ;-(

The 'device' used may be a USB drive, a CD, another computer or your private (!) home cloud storage. Even a not often used online email account with a secure password works great. With (e.g.) Gmail you can easily find back the email and wallet.dat if you send an email to yourself with the text "backup recovery wallet wallet.dat cif $cif bitcoin altcoin coin coins has:attachment".

You may also copy it to a cloud storage such as Mega or Dropbox but make sure it's encrypted there with a strong password. Anyone that gets access to the unencrypted file wallet.dat will be able to steal your coins IF you didn't set a password on the wallet.dat. We'll discuss protecting your wallet.dat with a password later.

Note: If you use the cryptoimprovementfund wallet, make sure to backup the wallet.dat file regularly after every ~100 transactions. This way you make sure you have backup of all wallet and change addresses. In case of wallet corruption, you have a copy to go back to.
Note: The wallet has a built-in backup option via File-menu. You can choose the folder and the file name of your backup. The wallet does not offer a restore option. For that, you'll have to work manually with explorer and overwriting an empty wallet.dat with your backup.

Restore
To restore the backup, simply copy your backed up wallet.dat over an existing one in the cryptoimprovementfund data location (on Windows: %AppData%\cryptoimprovementfund). Just make sure your existing one is empty...!
<--------

Some extra newbie information, assuming you are on Windows...

How to get to %AppData%?
%AppData%\cryptoimprovementfund is a shortcut notation for the folder C:\Users\YourWindowsUserName\AppData\Roaming\cyrptoimprovementfund. There you will find the blockchain files and most importantly, the file wallet.dat which contains your wallet addresses, your private keys & your $CIF coins!
If no wallet.dat exists, the CIF wallet will create one for you when you first start the wallet. If you are 100% certain that your wallet.dat does not contain any coins, you can safely replace it with your backup of wallet.dat - just make sure you close the CIF wallet first...!
If your explorer (you know, the yellow binder icon you use to browse to your folders with documents and downloads) does not have an address bar at the top, you can click your way to this folder and the wallet.dat. Just start with Computer, then double click your C:-drive, the Users folder, your User's name and finally to AppData and Roaming. For the last 2 to be visible, you need to tell explorer to show hidden files and folders.
If your explorer does have an address bar, you can save yourself some time by just going to %AppData%\Cryptoimprovementfund.

How to encrypt your wallet?

It's so simple, you won't believe it! : )
Start the CIF wallet. Click on Settings. Click on the option Encrypt Wallet. Type your password twice. Be sure it cannot get lost. No password == no access to your $CIF coins! WARNING: ONCE YOUR WALLET IS ENCRYPTED, ALL BACKUPS ARE INVALID AND CANNOT BE USED ANY LONGER! SO: new password? You MUST make a NEW backup! Your old wallet.dat backups will not work any longer. Seriously. It won't ;p

How to stake with your wallet?
1. you have no password on your wallet.dat (so no encryption). Start the wallet and wait for the stakes to come, Coins will mature even when the wallet is offline but for staking to happen, you'll need to have the wallet open and running (PoS works through the blockchain and the blockchain can't give you coins if you're not there to receive them).
2. you have a password on your wallet.dat (so your wallet is encrypted). Start the wallet. Click the Settings menu and choose Unlock Wallet. Staking (PoS) will only happen with an unlocked wallet only. If you have the CIF wallet running but don't unlock it with your password, you will earn no interest / stake / PoS / bonus $CIF coins!

altdev

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 11:45:54 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2017, 10:01:17 PM by altdev

Currently I have the wallet fully synchronized and connected without a cryptoimprovement.conf file.

These are my current getpeerinfo peers:

"addr" : "[2a02:4780:1:1::1:8d99]:53621",

"addr" : "[2001:0:9d38:90d7:24e1:23f:c38f:6e79]:53621",

"addr" : "[2001:0:9d38:953c:2c67:346a:d1ee:696a]:53621",

"addr" : "[2001:0:9d38:90d7:47c:3c13:c23a:4a7]:53621",

"addr" : "[2001:0:4137:9e76:3cc5:229e:faae:c312]:53621",

No IP 4 addresses. Which is very weird, because according to (among others) http://ipv6-test.com my ISP does not support IP6!

You can find more information about the cryptoimprovementfund.conf file here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2075838.msg22085864#msg22085864

altdev

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 12:06:25 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2017, 08:15:31 PM by altdev

We had a couple of people whom had problems with starting the CIF wallet: they would get an error and nothing else would get started. This even happens if you start the CIF wallet for a 2nd time.

I do not have an answer for this yet, so if you are stuck too kindly quote and reply this message and add the following information:

1. Windows version?
https://www.google.com/search?q=how+do+I+know+what+windows+version+I+have&oq=how+do+I+know+what+windows+version+I+have&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l7.7948j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

2. x86 or x64 Windows version?
https://www.google.com/search?q=do+I+have+x86+or+x64+windows%3F&oq=do+I+have+x86+or+x64+windows%3F&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l2j69i64.5089j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

3. Error text given (a screenshot will work too but text is most convenient for us)

4. Anything else you think of (or what I will edit in later)?

altdev

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 08:23:59 PM

Hello $CIF! I know you've said recently you're working on new Wallets, is there any news on the progress of them and when they may be available?

While we are on the Wallets...excuse the following, probably full of newbie mistakes and misunderstandings Grin, but....I've been looking for a decent multi-currency Wallet that will allow the usual BTC/ETH etc but also as many Altcoins as possible. I know a lot run off ERC20 so presumably not a train smash to get that in a Wallet if it already accepts and handles Ether.

So that got me to thinking that the ideal solution would be a multi-currency Wallet from $CIF - it could be a "gateway" device for the business going forwards - $CIF brings business and crypto/blockchain to the table to meet each other, how better a start than to offer a Wallet that would enable all users (Noobs and Legends!) a safe entry, and room to grow (trade the coins, use an exchange etc).

If $CIF clients, and the clients of those clients, were all on $CIF wallet that would be awesome and would grow the user base and increase activity on your bespoke blockchain, and that would drag the value of $CIF along with it as the user base grows.

If $CIF can get a relationship with an upcoming exchange/ICO or even an existing one and allow the access to/from the exchange direct from the Wallet then that could have wide a reaching catchment of users and businesses alike.

What do you guys n girls think? Huh

A multi-currency wallet would be a great gateway device for businesses. This wasn't something we were initially planning to roll-out however it would be a great idea. We were also entertaining the idea of incorporating with coinomi, however developing and rolling out the product in house would be the best option. We actually have been speaking with a few upcoming exchanges as we personally love the idea of supporting other crypto startups (it really speaks to our corporate ideology). The initial plan was just to release an updated wallet - for current holders however a new product offering (as you described above) would not be off the table.

One thing that is important is to focus on one thing at a time - so we want to successfully complete this ICO and raise significant capital (through a variety of means). The new wallet won't be that complicated to complete however what you're proposing takes a little bit more time and effort. I don't think a fully refined multi-currency wallet will be available in 2 months since we're focusing on eCommerce integration right now. If we have the capacity to move this up, it would be a great add on. But overall a great project to take on given we have sufficient resources to do it properly.

For sure you can't allow mission creep to move those hurdles further away - they need to be jumped and in the right order but if this was pencilled in for future dev work I think it would be great, and people like me seriously need them!
Where you said 2 months is that the expected delivery of the $CIF Wallet V2? EDIT: sorry just seen yours above that you hope the Wallet will be out before the end of the ICO, that's great!

And thanks for being so attentive too, it's great!

IN FOLLOW-UP OF: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2075838.msg24811520#msg24811520

For version 2 of the wallet... I think we should take a look at the Vericoin wallet. I like what I see there and they have a very intuitive business mindset. Worth to check out ;-)

altdev

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 08:33:00 PM

Hello $CIF! I know you've said recently you're working on new Wallets, is there any news on the progress of them and when they may be available?

While we are on the Wallets...excuse the following, probably full of newbie mistakes and misunderstandings Grin, but....I've been looking for a decent multi-currency Wallet that will allow the usual BTC/ETH etc but also as many Altcoins as possible. I know a lot run off ERC20 so presumably not a train smash to get that in a Wallet if it already accepts and handles Ether.

So that got me to thinking that the ideal solution would be a multi-currency Wallet from $CIF - it could be a "gateway" device for the business going forwards - $CIF brings business and crypto/blockchain to the table to meet each other, how better a start than to offer a Wallet that would enable all users (Noobs and Legends!) a safe entry, and room to grow (trade the coins, use an exchange etc).

If $CIF clients, and the clients of those clients, were all on $CIF wallet that would be awesome and would grow the user base and increase activity on your bespoke blockchain, and that would drag the value of $CIF along with it as the user base grows.

If $CIF can get a relationship with an upcoming exchange/ICO or even an existing one and allow the access to/from the exchange direct from the Wallet then that could have wide a reaching catchment of users and businesses alike.

I just have to advertise for this other ICO - I'm not involved, but I know the guy is almost as obsessed as our CIF Scott is with making his project a success. PS: he's even open to participation / investors... Scott? Smiley

FROM: https://twitter.com/devnullius/status/932334475748487171
A wallet that works like the mafia but then shares its profit with #AI bots to buy and sell and return the profits back to you... Huh what?
https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/64997-dawq-angel-investment http://twitter.com/@dawqfoundation

DawQ

Activity: 145

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 08:51:53 PM

I just have to advertise for this other ICO - I'm not involved, but I know the guy is almost as obsessed as our CIF Scott is with making his project a success. PS: he's even open to participation / investors... Scott? Smiley

A wallet that works like the mafia but then shares its profit with #AI bots to buy and sell and return the profits back to you... Huh what?
https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/64997-dawq-angel-investment http://twitter.com/@dawqfoundation

Hah that is me indeed. It's more like robin hood, except the poor give to the rich to make them less poor.
https://www.dawq.org and https://goo.gl/Z9Bok3 so you have an idea
CIF (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 10:37:35 PM

Always interested in joint ventures - we'd be somewhat hypocritical if we weren't! Dawq - lets speak further - message me and we can connect - or reach out to me on telegram @admincif. Look forward to speaking!

[/size]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: