Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:33:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CIF Blockchain | Launchpad | Education | cryptoimprovementfund.io  (Read 28146 times)
devvienuis

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:07:48 PM

Question... When will tokens appear in a wallet after purchase? It's been 2 days now...  Roll Eyes

Well, ICO purchases are distributed at the end of each ICO phase. Currently, we are at phase 1. That will end before November 1st. You'll then get a proportional amount of $CIF for your purchase (set against the total amount of btc gathered).

So please, a little bit of patience... Your $CIF will come soon enough!

Devvie

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CIF (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

Business on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 03:52:39 PM

Some questions regarding the CIF ICO

- Is there a minimum limit of BTC for the first ICO period that has to been gained?
- How are the CIF token valued 1 CIF = $0.01 USD? 

Hi Emage - Devvie hit the nail on the head but let me elaborate father regarding the evaluation.

So - as our project does require some funding we are looking towards 500 BTC as a minimum. Our project can scale based on the level of contribution however 500 BTC would be comfortable to achieve what we'd like to do. There is no limit per period as the total BTC will be counted over the entirety of the ICO.

Secondly You asked how we pinned a value to CIF

Well - we took a conservative evaluation of $CIF if we hit the 500 BTC target. This allows individuals a better sense of what they'll be receiving once the ICO term is completed and what they can expect CIF to trade at once we release it onto exchanges.

There are two possible outcomes when forecasting a price - either we come in at less than 500 BTC (not ideal) and each individual gets more $CIF per $1 contributed, or we come in a higher than 500 BTC and each CIF that each individual has is now worth more. What we're doing is similar to the forecasting of short run performance of initial public offerings - it's a very common practice when dictating value of a future priced asset.

These are all great questions and I hope that clears some stuff up for you.

CIF Crypto Improvement Fund
CIF Blockchain | Launchpad | Education
» Facebook * Twitter * Telegram * Reddit * Medium «
[/size]
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:58:04 PM

1% per month!

Technically 12% annually.

If the coins don't start to stake until they mature, and the maturation is 30 days, does that mean they don't gain interest/stakeweight while maturing?

Yes, that is correct : )

Okay, so the POS rate, while technically correct, is misleading.  There is no possible way the coin can yield a 12% return given a 30-day maturation.  This current setup is detrimental to the coin and incentivizes people to keep their wallets shut down.  This does not help the CIF network.

If I deposit 10K CIF in my wallet on Nov 1, it won't start staking until Nov 30.  If it stakes 30-days later I get 100 CIF and then I have to wait another 30 days for it to  mature again.  That means I get 100 CIF in 90 days.  If I deposit the coins and then shut the wallet down and open it a year later, I get the full 12%.  If someone stakes more often than 30 days they are screwed.  

I think CIF has merit, but the reward for being a CIF holder isn't that great under the current setup.  The potential exists for the coins to be maturing for more time than they actually stake. 

You will need to raise the interest rate or lower the maturation period.  People will lose interest rather quickly.  

CIF (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 05:16:22 PM

1% per month!

If the coins don't start to stake until they mature, and the maturation is 30 days, does that mean they don't gain interest/stakeweight while maturing?

Okay, so the POS rate, while technically correct, is misleading.  There is no possible way the coin can yield a 12% return given a 30-day maturation.  This current setup is detrimental to the coin and incentivizes people to keep their wallets shut down.  This does not help the CIF network.

If I deposit 10K CIF in my wallet on Nov 1, it won't start staking until Nov 30.  If it stakes 30-days later I get 100 CIF and then I have to wait another 30 days for it to  mature again.  That means I get 100 CIF in 90 days.  If I deposit the coins and then shut the wallet down and open it a year later, I get the full 12%.  If someone stakes more often than 30 days they are screwed.  

I think CIF has merit, but the reward for being a CIF holder isn't that great under the current setup.  The potential exists for the coins to be maturing for more time than they actually stake. 

You will need to raise the interest rate or lower the maturation period.  People will lose interest rather quickly.  

Hey Agozyen,

So you hit a few points but I want to clarify some things. First and foremost - to stake the wallet has to be ACTIVE AND NOT SHUT DOWN.

The point of staking is to support the network. When someone stakes the wallet has to be connected to the network (we addressed this a little but earlier on in this thread). Shutting down your wallet and removing it from the network will actually stop it from staking. 

Okay, so the POS rate, while technically correct, is misleading.  There is no possible way the coin can yield a 12% return given a 30-day maturation.  This current setup is detrimental to the coin and incentivizes people to keep their wallets shut down.  This does not help the CIF network.

Lets be clear to define what cold storage is. When I recommend someone have a separate wallet used to hold CIF (for staking) - I mean a non-trading wallet (yet still connected to the network).

You will need to raise the interest rate or lower the maturation period.  People will lose interest rather quickly.

We realize that there is a low interest rate because we created a PoW/PoS hybrid. People can still mine the coin through traditional methods. We made sure to put a limit on the interest earned from PoS since there will be both types of mining going on. We don't want the coin to be mined too quickly by offering a large PoS while running PoW. This was done intentionally.

To be 100% transparent - the PoS/PoW piece is an add on and incentive, but not the main benefit which we hope people to derive from our project and coin. These two pieces are meant to be ancillary items to our core project. We want the community to benefit, however we have a real business objective we feel will also drive up the value of CIF. People should look at the PoS portion of CIF as a nice add on to purchasing CIF coins, in recognition of the importance of the crypto community. We'll deliver much more value to CIF investors through our actual project.

I really hope that addresses your concerns - let me know if something doesn't make sense.

[/size]
CIF (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 05:20:42 PM

1% per month!

Hey Agozyen,

So you hit a few points but I want to clarify some things. First and foremost - to stake the wallet has to be ACTIVE AND NOT SHUT DOWN.

The point of staking is to support the network. When someone stakes the wallet has to be connected to the network (we addressed this a little but earlier on in this thread). Shutting down your wallet and removing it from the network will actually stop it from staking. 

Okay, so the POS rate, while technically correct, is misleading.  There is no possible way the coin can yield a 12% return given a 30-day maturation.  This current setup is detrimental to the coin and incentivizes people to keep their wallets shut down.  This does not help the CIF network.

Lets be clear to define what cold storage is. When I recommend someone have a separate wallet used to hold CIF (for staking) - I mean a non-trading wallet (yet still connected to the network).

You will need to raise the interest rate or lower the maturation period.  People will lose interest rather quickly.

We realize that there is a low interest rate because we created a PoW/PoS hybrid. People can still mine the coin through traditional methods. We made sure to put a limit on the interest earned from PoS since there will be both types of mining going on. We don't want the coin to be mined too quickly by offering a large PoS while running PoW. This was done intentionally.

To be 100% transparent - the PoS/PoW piece is an add on and incentive, but not the main benefit which we hope people to derive from our project and coin. These two pieces are meant to be ancillary items to our core project. We want the community to benefit, however we have a real business objective we feel will also drive up the value of CIF. People should look at the PoS portion of CIF as a nice add on to purchasing CIF coins, in recognition of the importance of the crypto community. We'll deliver much more value to CIF investors through our actual project.

I really hope that addresses your concerns - let me know if something doesn't make sense.

Also perhaps your correct - that 12% annually is a little simplistic when describing PoS. Let's keep it at 1% post maturation and call it a day.That's how we really advertise it anyways.

[/size]
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 05:30:08 PM

1% per month!

Hey Agozyen,

Also perhaps your correct - that 12% annually is a little simplistic when describing PoS. Let's keep it at 1% post maturation and call it a day.That's how we really advertise it anyways.

Thank you for the quick response.  As long as it's addressed and acknowledged I am good with that.  Maybe update the website or main page with post-maturation update thingy. 
CIF (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 06:17:16 PM

1% per month!

I think CIF has merit, but the reward for being a CIF holder isn't that great under the current setup.  The potential exists for the coins to be maturing for more time than they actually stake.  

Hey Agozyen,

Thank you for the quick response.  As long as it's addressed and acknowledged I am good with that.  Maybe update the website or main page with post-maturation update thingy.  

Agreed - we want everyone to understand and it may be confusing as PoS can be done a few different ways. Let me think of a way to address it and I'll update the website so it makes sense.

[/size]
CIF (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 04:28:33 PM

I'm going to start posting some of the questions I get so everyones aware of the answers.

Hi, what is the best pool to mining CIF?
Thanks you
As some of you may or may not know - we have created a mining pool for CIF. It's no secret, it's listed on our ANN and our website.

We will not be supporting it until post ICO however. Right now we're focused on raising money to support our project. If anyone wants to look around and play with it - they're more than welcome to, but we will not be answering questions or troubleshooting the mining pool until post ICO.

[/size]
ramcrash

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:18:58 PM

I'm going to start posting some of the questions I get so everyones aware of the answers.

Thanks you
As some of you may or may not know - we have created a mining pool for CIF. It's no secret, it's listed on our ANN and our website.

We will not be supporting it until post ICO however. Right now we're focused on raising money to support our project. If anyone wants to look around and play with it - they're more than welcome to, but we will not be answering questions or troubleshooting the mining pool until post ICO.

Hi, thanks for the reply.
I have now registered for an account, but I am still waiting to receive confirmation on my account. I already searched SPAM and neither are.
Is there a problem?
Thank you..
CIF (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 07:42:07 PM

Thanks you

Hi, thanks for the reply.
I have now registered for an account, but I am still waiting to receive confirmation on my account. I already searched SPAM and neither are.
Is there a problem?
Thank you..

Hi Ram - no there isn't we've tested it. However we aren't supporting it until post ICO.

The pool does however, work flawlessly. If there was an issue we would investigate post ICO. We've experienced no problems however and our Dev who created it has used it for a variety of other coins he's created and worked on.

[/size]
CIF (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 02:22:38 AM

how to download the wallet???
can i use it in the phone?

Hi Fitzzz,

All downloads can be found here -

https://www.cryptoimprovementfund.io/software/

Instructions on how to install -

https://www.cryptoimprovementfund.io/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/ICO_CIF.pdf

Only OS, Windows, Linux and Paper wallets are available for now.

[/size]
CIF (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 04:09:09 PM

Thanks! another question, how long does it take before your CIF tokens mature?

If you're asking in reference to PoS - 30 days.

[/size]
carizmerlin31

Activity: 357
Merit: 102

we're Radio, online!

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:28:00 PM

Dev. i can't find your telegram address..i wasn't able to access on it! please add me in telegram.  @CarizMerlin (https://t.me/CarizMerlin).. Thanks alot dev.

CIF (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 09:04:22 PM

Dev. i can't find your telegram address..i wasn't able to access on it! please add me in telegram.  @CarizMerlin (https://t.me/CarizMerlin).. Thanks alot dev.

https://t.me/CIF_Team

I've added you anyways!

[/size]
devvienuis

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:56:11 AM

Thanks! another question, how long does it take before your CIF tokens mature?

If you're asking in reference to PoS - 30 days.

omg - I never got so many PoS questions Sad And I don't know the answers! I got this through twitter's DM...

PoS Questions for Scott

- I read on the bitcointalk announcement that in order to stake, one needs to have coins in the wallet and have the wallet online for 30 full days before staking occurs. Is this correct?
- If the above is correct, lets say someone has their computer on with wallet open for 8 hours per day 7 days per week, would that mean staking wouldn't occur for three months?
- Let's say I recieve 1000 CIF, during the next 30 days I make numerous small transactions in and out, how does this affect staking once we hit day 30?
- Once a person successfully stakes once, does this reset their coin age back to zero? Does it affect all coins in their wallet, or just particular ones that were successfully staked?
- I'm a big fan of CureCoin which also uses qt wallet and has staking. Their latest version of the wallet shows what my 'network weight' is and how long it will be until I can likely stake again. Will we see something like this in future wallet versions?
- I want to make sure I get the percentages right. I've seen 1% written as the PoS amount, I also saw this on bitcoin talk as being "12% per year". Let's say I have 1000 CIF and keep them in an online wallet for 365 days. Assuming I can stake exactly every 30 days, how much CIF (roughly) will I have at the end of the year?
- A lot of proof of stake systems tend to heavily favor those with massive balances. For example if I hold just 1 CIF, would I still be able to successfully stake every month, even if CIF becomes incredibly popular and my wallet is competing against businesses with wallet holding millions of CIF?
- There's been some talk about master nodes and how they might appear in the future. Platforms like Dash requires a master node operator to own 1000 Dash, or about $300,000 USD worth of currency. If CIF makes use of master nodes in the future, what do you envision as a fair, secure minimum amount of CIF to hold in order to run a master node?

Also I just noticed the mining difficulty went up to 2.2, is someone already mining?

I can answer the masternode: it's an idea we are playing with. It's not an easy thing to do. If I'm not mistaken it even means we'll have to fork : ) In short: it's an idea we'd love to add but we have no details as of yet. We can't do the math yet, so we can't say anything sensible here : )
examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 3170

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 11:19:51 AM

One suggestion for CIF dev team. I don't know who's manage your Twitter account (@CIF_Team) let's take a break sometimes.
It is very hard to keep track of your progress there when you have a new post every few minutes. Mostly info about other things which have no any connection with CIF project

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
CIF (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 01:19:50 PM

I download the wallet from your website, I extract all files, but then it doesn\'t seem to work right. Do I need to download an \"Extractor\" specific to your wallet?
I am trying to purchase some CIF.
Thank You

No special software is needed - you can extract it with Windows by default, starting from Windows 7...
See instructions here: https://www.google.nl/search?q=does+windows+7+explorer+open+zip+files&oq=does+windows+7+explorer+open+zip+files&aqs=chrome..69i57.13513j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

If you download keeps corrupting, it's time to do a full offline check disk. Google for your windows version how this is done best. Things changed a bit with Windows 8 / 10. Also install Acronis Drive Monitor (free registration), it will warn you of any filesystem errors.

Let us know Smiley

[/size]
CIF (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 01:24:35 PM

One suggestion for CIF dev team. I don't know who's manage your Twitter account (@CIF_Team) let's take a break sometimes.
It is very hard to keep track of your progress there when you have a new post every few minutes. Mostly info about other things which have no any connection with CIF project

Hi Examplens we actually have two twitters just for that reason. So the main premise of @CIF_Team is to keep a constant running news scroll regarding CIF and all things crypto. I realize that it seems like a bit much but it's bringing massive attention to our ICO and with attention means buyers and that means that everyone involved will have a coin worth more when the ICO is over (when we'll probably cut the twitter down a bit).

@Devnullius is the master behind this strategy as it helped GRWI secure almost 200 BTC from what I've been told - a very little time span.

Which brings me to the second point - @AdminCIF - a second twitter account where only important updates are posted. We don't run anything else on that account.

It's actually my personal account but serves the purpose of being dedicated for only the most important CIF news.

Regardless of which account you follow - the hot topic item will always be pinned to both profiles. Look for any important news or announcements there!

Hope that helps,

Scott

[/size]
CIF (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 01:42:47 PM

Hey Devvie!

Let me help a little.

PoS Questions for Scott

- I read on the bitcointalk announcement that in order to stake, one needs to have coins in the wallet and have the wallet online for 30 full days before staking occurs. Is this correct?
- If the above is correct, lets say someone has their computer on with wallet open for 8 hours per day 7 days per week, would that mean staking wouldn't occur for three months?
- Let's say I recieve 1000 CIF, during the next 30 days I make numerous small transactions in and out, how does this affect staking once we hit day 30?
- Once a person successfully stakes once, does this reset their coin age back to zero? Does it affect all coins in their wallet, or just particular ones that were successfully staked?
- I'm a big fan of CureCoin which also uses qt wallet and has staking. Their latest version of the wallet shows what my 'network weight' is and how long it will be until I can likely stake again. Will we see something like this in future wallet versions?
- I want to make sure I get the percentages right. I've seen 1% written as the PoS amount, I also saw this on bitcoin talk as being "12% per year". Let's say I have 1000 CIF and keep them in an online wallet for 365 days. Assuming I can stake exactly every 30 days, how much CIF (roughly) will I have at the end of the year?
- A lot of proof of stake systems tend to heavily favor those with massive balances. For example if I hold just 1 CIF, would I still be able to successfully stake every month, even if CIF becomes incredibly popular and my wallet is competing against businesses with wallet holding millions of CIF?
- There's been some talk about master nodes and how they might appear in the future. Platforms like Dash requires a master node operator to own 1000 Dash, or about $300,000 USD worth of currency. If CIF makes use of master nodes in the future, what do you envision as a fair, secure minimum amount of CIF to hold in order to run a master node?

Also I just noticed the mining difficulty went up to 2.2, is someone already mining?

Hi All - concerning the PoS questions - I have some of the answers but I need clarification on some as well so I just sent this over to our devs who will answer each question and then I'll make sure to post the answers back up here shortly.

The one thing I wanted to address is the last line.

When you create a coin with a custom blockchain and wallets it is impossible to stop people from mining it. If we wanted people to stop mining it we couldn't release the wallets (or do airdrop or bounty etc.). Obviously we want to encourage participation in the ICO and mining won't give you incredible rewards but it will yield some CIF. So yes - some people are mining (you can check the explorer). It does take a little bit of technical know-how to mine without a pool (although we have created a pool) although for the same reasons as above we are not supporting it until post ICO. Everything is available on https://www.cryptoimprovementfund.io/software/ if you want to go in, explorer, pool etc.

[/size]
CIF (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 07:27:45 PM

This may be a dumb question, but where do I paste my CIF address to see my tokens? Myetherwallet is not working.

No dumb questions! We are actually not an ether token - we are a true Altcoin so we have our own wallets!

https://www.cryptoimprovementfund.io/software/

[/size]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: