Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:28:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Satoshi Emails  (Read 38026 times)
atamat

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:46:21 PM

I'm in the process of developing a website dedicated to early bitcoin history.  Mike Hearn was gracious enough to contribute to the project by sharing his e-mail conversations with Satoshi.  Since these are never-before-seen writings of Satoshi, I thought others would enjoy having access to them now, rather than waiting for the website to go live.

Here they are:
https://pastebin.com/Na5FwkQ4
https://pastebin.com/cKZPC1rF
https://pastebin.com/wA9Jn100
https://pastebin.com/JF3USKFT
https://pastebin.com/syrmi3ET

If anyone else has anything they would like to share from early bitcoin times (2009-2010), please e-mail me at CipherionX@protonmail.com

Thanks!
-CipherionX
Im skeptical, but they probably are real. I wish hearn had published them prior to his exit from bitcoin and the development team as a whole.
damsix
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 46

Id Telegram : @dam_six

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 01:28:24 PM

this is the first time I see in this thread. you talk directly to Satoshi Nakamoto.

and it's a very good effort than I can not speak fluent english. I hope Satsohi Nakamoto and you become a better person in the future

regards
damsix

MORKEL

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 10:46:11 AM

The initial emails you shared between Satoshi and Mike Hearn are a fascinating read. Thanks for sharing them and best of luck on your project!
ThirdPrize2

Activity: 79
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 02:11:27 PM

From the first email.

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide.  Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost.  It never really hits a scale ceiling.  If you're interested, I can go over the ways it would cope with extreme size.

I don't anticipate that fees will be needed anytime soon, but if it becomes too burdensome to run a node, it is possible to run a node that only processes transactions that include a transaction fee.  The owner of the node would decide the minimum fee they'll accept.  Right now, such a node would get nothing, because nobody includes a fee, but if enough nodes did that, then users would get faster acceptance if they include a fee, or slower if they don't.  The fee the market would settle on should be minimal.  If a node requires a higher fee, that node would be passing up all transactions with lower fees.  It could do more volume and probably make more money by processing as many paying transactions as it can.  The transition is not controlled by some human in charge of the system though, just individuals reacting on their own to market forces."

LOL!!!!
T o x i c a l

Activity: 518
Merit: 13

SCARCITYDEFI.ORG

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 02:21:02 PM

It was very interesting to read all this correspondence. Like you dive into ancient history. Of course, this does not allow anyone to understand who Satoshi was, but for someone who wants to understand the conditions under which Bitcoin was created - this will always be very informative!

Broly46

Activity: 1554
Merit: 115

0xe25ce19226C3CE65204570dB8D6c6DB1E9Df74AC

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 06:41:01 AM

This piece of info really open my eye in a complete different picture to look at the development of the community. I think it’s a very piece of info that we shouldn’t let it sink into the sea of knowledge. Btw this Mike Hearn guy have some of the very good insight, he is so much distinguished among all the other member here, but to stand against bitcoin core influence, but he must work much more, he has underestimated the stubbornness of the communities, we have all know what happens to all the tycoons who trying to do the same. I think it’s all come together perfectly after a long time of puzzle I have experienced during the late 2016-2017 drama, it is good to dig deeper down into the rabbit hole to get as much clue as possible, of course just for entertainment purpose.

Self hating nerd that want to escape from reality into the cyberpunk.
KlepZ

Activity: 330
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 04:58:22 PM

I don't know this is an email that has a Bitcoin maker "Satoshi Nakamoto" but I don't believe that the email has them. because the makers of Bitcoin are still anonymous until now or no one knows who made it. so I can only enjoy Bitcoin, but not with the maker.
Wolfwar

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 05:30:55 PM

Why create a stir where it is not needed at all.  And anyway, who makes and creates all this news from Satoshi Nakamoto?  Who benefits?
Bitcoinqubit

Activity: 56
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 05:34:00 PM

this kind of people dont have salaries like fucky agents which backed by army of people/country and shitty salaries, they know to do bunch of money and be free and in the same time to do operations on a global scale like bitcoin and wiki leaks, and other cool stuff which agents only will dream to do and people like mark zuckereberg which also only dream to be part of this international teams.

you know the operation like wiki leaks its never ever done in the entire history the same with bitcoin, cicada 3301 which was pop short after bitcoin explode and search people in the same field and skills and people with huge sharp logic.

another point is that this kind of info need to be exposed by agents from all countries around the world because they are the LAST HOPE FOR US...BRO

yet they are the same shit like governmnets and in the end who did it underground people without salaries and without any protection, like

edoward snowdan and kevin mitnick , Chelsea E. Manning,  and Daphne Caruana Galizia which was killed in very short time and great honest women for great kids...killed

there are bunch others some expose them self and dont give a damn shit and know to fight back soe hide because they know to much and other reasons.

for agents that backed by army of people and shitty salaries , to bring down someone, which mean to kill its dosent show on any intelligence or smart people they are fucking army of people that backed by shitty salaries hhhhhhh

compare to wiki leaks operation which show on intelligence and done by people which dont have shitty salaries and know do huge amount of money,
and expose info whic top agents from any country cannot do its fact and kevin mitnik the legend also said this.

wiki leaks this operation is the biggest one that was in the entire history and this is why great honest people die fast,

bitcoin come from the same international team or some of them, and also the biggest startup that was ever created becauuse the last startup in this area was paper money, after this no body try to compete usd,euro,shekel, what ever shit out there...

in 11 years market which almost half trillion created any agents from any counrty in the world only will dream be part of this kind of teams,

edoward snowden after exposing very important info about fbi shit clowns and other agents around the world which on wiki leaks escaped to china there people waited him to hide him,,,,he escaped under different name and there are bunch like of him that move from country to country under different names for meetings and other important stuff .

edoward snowdan and other few which i will not name them was said before bitcoin came even that peer to peer file sharing will do financial freedom!!

cicada 3301 which shortly after bitcoin explode start to search for people to make better world, and went viral forever which mean the topest marketers in the world was behind this project , its the same people behind wiki leaks which went viral and bitcoin....

so inspiring to see that underground people do shit which agents from all countries will only dream to do and be part, time changes and internet interconnect the smartest people on the globe.

after all theey dont depend on shitty salaries and backed by army of people like agents yet they can learn them how to make huge money and do projects on a global scale and communicate in some sort of way which impossible to crack it, how know maybe few people in this fourm communicte secretly with others and give the illusion that there are no sender and  receiver who knows??

Daphne Caruana Galizia which was killed in very short time  fucking great honest women for great kids,
what do you think this team need all this money to buy cool cars and show everyone they are the richest hell NO , yet the drive in cool cars and live good yet they need to protect them self.

which mean if something will happen to kevin mitnick or edoward snowdan or others they have the power and MONEY to get to ...
Bitcoinqubit

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 05:36:00 PM

this kind of people dont have salaries like fucky agents which backed by army of people/country and shitty salaries, they know to do bunch of money and be free and in the same time to do operations on a global scale like bitcoin and wiki leaks, and other cool stuff which agents only will dream to do and people like mark zuckereberg which also only dream to be part of this international teams.

you know the operation like wiki leaks its never ever done in the entire history the same with bitcoin, cicada 3301 which was pop short after bitcoin explode and search people in the same field and skills and people with huge sharp logic.

another point is that this kind of info need to be exposed by agents from all countries around the world because they are the LAST HOPE FOR US...BRO

yet they are the same shit like governmnets and in the end who did it underground people without salaries and without any protection, like

edoward snowdan and kevin mitnick , Chelsea E. Manning,  and Daphne Caruana Galizia which was killed in very short time and great honest women for great kids...killed

there are bunch others some expose them self and dont give a damn shit and know to fight back soe hide because they know to much and other reasons.

for agents that backed by army of people and shitty salaries , to bring down someone, which mean to kill its dosent show on any intelligence or smart people they are fucking army of people that backed by shitty salaries hhhhhhh

compare to wiki leaks operation which show on intelligence and done by people which dont have shitty salaries and know do huge amount of money,
and expose info whic top agents from any country cannot do its fact and kevin mitnik the legend also said this.

wiki leaks this operation is the biggest one that was in the entire history and this is why great honest people die fast,

bitcoin come from the same international team or some of them, and also the biggest startup that was ever created becauuse the last startup in this area was paper money, after this no body try to compete usd,euro,shekel, what ever shit out there...

in 11 years market which almost half trillion created any agents from any counrty in the world only will dream be part of this kind of teams,

edoward snowden after exposing very important info about fbi shit clowns and other agents around the world which on wiki leaks escaped to china there people waited him to hide him,,,,he escaped under different name and there are bunch like of him that move from country to country under different names for meetings and other important stuff .

edoward snowdan and other few which i will not name them was said before bitcoin came even that peer to peer file sharing will do financial freedom!!

cicada 3301 which shortly after bitcoin explode start to search for people to make better world, and went viral forever which mean the topest marketers in the world was behind this project , its the same people behind wiki leaks which went viral and bitcoin....

so inspiring to see that underground people do shit which agents from all countries will only dream to do and be part, time changes and internet interconnect the smartest people on the globe.

after all theey dont depend on shitty salaries and backed by army of people like agents yet they can learn them how to make huge money and do projects on a global scale and communicate in some sort of way which impossible to crack it, how know maybe few people in this fourm communicte secretly with others and give the illusion that there are no sender and  receiver who knows??

Daphne Caruana Galizia which was killed in very short time  fucking great honest women for great kids,
what do you think this team need all this money to buy cool cars and show everyone they are the richest hell NO , yet the drive in cool cars and live good yet they need to protect them self.

which mean if something will happen to kevin mitnick or edoward snowdan or others they have the power and MONEY to get to ...
xWolfx

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

Donating 10% to charity

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 05:50:13 PM

I am seriously impressed not only about his ability to explain something complicated in more mundane terms but also the way he used to write and his sense of humor.

I honestly believe that Satoshi could be my friend. I am currently reading the mails and i will finish reading them entirely before passing on to something else. I also believe that anyone really interested should read them and understand them and try to understand how this innovator thought so we can make the right choices in the future.

Also, secretly working improving Bitcoin is a pretty nice idea by the way.
Bitcoinqubit

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 06:28:58 PM

I am seriously impressed not only about his ability to explain something complicated in more mundane terms but also the way he used to write and his sense of humor.

I honestly believe that Satoshi could be my friend. I am currently reading the mails and i will finish reading them entirely before passing on to something else. I also believe that anyone really interested should read them and understand them and try to understand how this innovator thought so we can make the right choices in the future.

you can forget to talk to him because its done by great team....one day its will be opened remember my words  Shocked Cool
katerina5643

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 12:55:32 PM

you can forget to talk to him because its done by great team....one day its will be opened remember my words  Shocked Cool

I also was impressed by these emails. I like his writing style and i consider this information as really useful. But i agree with you that it's a big chance that it isn't a real person. I warm up to the theory that it's a group of people.Btw guys where do you trade ? Personally i have been using  Monfex for a year and have positive gains. What about you?
TimeBits

Activity: 224
Merit: 62

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 01:47:19 PM

is XRP just not the ticker symbol for ripple?

I remember trying to use that network in 2014 but I could not figure it out so gave up, like I tried to mine it or whatever but yah it was so complicated.

What is the difference between ripple and XRP?
Maximusum

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 29, 2022, 06:27:06 PM

I'm in the process of developing a website dedicated to early bitcoin history.  Mike Hearn was gracious enough to contribute to the project by sharing his e-mail conversations with Satoshi.  Since these are never-before-seen writings of Satoshi, I thought others would enjoy having access to them now, rather than waiting for the website to go live.

Here they are:
https://pastebin.com/Na5FwkQ4
https://pastebin.com/cKZPC1rF
https://pastebin.com/wA9Jn100
https://pastebin.com/JF3USKFT
https://pastebin.com/syrmi3ET

If anyone else has anything they would like to share from early bitcoin times (2009-2010), please e-mail me at CipherionX@protonmail.com

Thanks!
-CipherionX

Hi. Why the 2nd link is removed?! Any special item in those emails?
kaggie

Activity: 333
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 29, 2022, 06:42:13 PM

Satoshi says that he's not a lawyer and that bitcoin is meant to be irreversible.
Satoshi also that he could write code to make an escrow service for transactions that needed to be reversible within a time limit, although replace-by-fee might work for that.

Attached here:
Date: Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 9:30 PM
To: Satoshi Nakamoto <satoshin@gmx.com>

Hi Satoshi,

I just read the following wiki page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chargeback

which claims that "U.S. debit card holders are guaranteed reversal
rights by Federal Reserve Regulation E under the Electronic Funds
Transfer Act. Similar rights extend globally pursuant to the rules
established by the corresponding card association or bank network."

The "Electronic Funds Transfer Act" sounds awfully generic, do you
think it'd apply to BitCoin? If so, would the inability to do
chargebacks risk making it illegal?

----------
Date: Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 12:11 AM
To: Mike Hearn <mike@plan99.net>

I am not a lawyer and I can't possibly answer that.  I suppose if the law applies to a bank or financial institution or other intermediary, then it would not apply since there is no bank involved, only two parties trading directly with each other, as they would in person with cash or barter with physical commodities.

Bitcoin is fundamentally designed to be able to do non-reversible transactions, and there certainly are applications that need that.

If someone wants the possibility of chargeback, they can use an escrow transaction, which isn't implemented yet but will be one of the next things.  For instance, a transaction can be written to designate a third party to decide whether it is returned if the payer does not release it, with auto-release after a number of days.  I'll implement a more basic form of escrow first, but the network infrastructure includes a predicate language that can express any number of options.
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1823
Merit: 2793

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2022, 01:14:18 PM

https://web.archive.org/web/20200606123627/https://pastebin.com/cKZPC1rF
(I realize content has been posted, but the link to the archive should also be posted.)

AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
May 30, 2022, 06:44:36 PM

You guys shouldn´t give too much credit on anything coming from Mike Hearn

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: