Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:31:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin on Uber  (Read 7983 times)
Noore Najjar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 10:54:24 AM

Meanwhile, bitcoin just got integrated with Uber for tipping drivers. Isn't that a good news?

https://twitter.com/Melt_Dem/status/895466611477544960

woah of course its a good news but uber not really popular in indonesia since their rival (Grab) got a better sponsor and people trust , and i personally think this will be new era of payment since they accept BTC , ihope it goes with restaurant and hotel reservation too  Grin

DreamTeamGG

Activity: 431

DreamTeam Token

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 02:36:00 PM

Meanwhile, bitcoin just got integrated with Uber for tipping drivers. Isn't that a good news?

woah of course its a good news but uber not really popular in indonesia since their rival (Grab) got a better sponsor and people trust , and i personally think this will be new era of payment since they accept BTC , ihope it goes with restaurant and hotel reservation too  Grin
of course, local taxi representative often better than an international company with a lot of representations in many countries, like Uber.

DreamTeam - Infrastructure Platform and Payment Gateway for Esports and Gaming.

DreamTeam is the ultimate teambuilding and skill-growing platform that solves problems for hundreds of millions of gamers who want to find teammates, improve skills, manage teams, and earn money. And with the unlocking of blockchain and smart contract technologies, DreamTeam is building a one-of-a-kind payment gateway for players, teams, tournaments, and sponsors.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 08:37:22 PM

I think bitcoin usage in paying for fares and tips for Uber drive is a good option for the travelers but unfortunately it can only happen in few developed countries and lots of under-developed countries cant still use Bitcoin not for the reason of ignorance of bitcoin by people by the technology and other things.
The good news is bitcoin is making its way into different sects. Uber is one of the renowned companies that provide travelling facility. If it has accepted bitcoins, even if it is only in developed countries, still a huge step in making bitcoins famous among common people. This will attract interest of many now.
zillerium

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 08:41:27 PM

Yes that will open up many more use cases for BTC.
SirPereira

Activity: 38

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 08:44:42 PM

If tipping in BTC goes well for Uber, I can possibly see they implementing it as a payment method for next year.

This really shows the importance of BTC and how it has been increasing over the years and its contribution to society.
ghostunicorn

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 08:45:48 PM

This could a game changer decission. I don't know if the uber drivers like bitcoin and want to accept it but this is will be beneficial for bitcoin for sure. More advertisement is coming.
PacePay

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:11:13 PM

just like bitcoinuber is on his way to run globally as best taxi service. For this Uber do everything to provide reliable services to his customers and every customer is satisfy by Uber performance, in Argentina Uber start accepting bitcoin as a payment, well offer will also start also on your country by the time when bitcoin is much popular in your country.
jb77889

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:24:24 PM

Bitcoin to be used to pay for uber is a very good idea since this will help spread the idea of bitcoin, what it is and how to use it to more people since Uber is widely used by a lot of people. Also it is more safe and practical because you readily have "money" to use for payment, rather than worrying if you have enough cash to pay for Uber.
Anfisman

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:45:33 PM

This is great news, happy to sound it. if Uber has received bitcoin as a payment then I can not wait to be one of the passengers and pay with bitcoin afterwards. Uber has been one step ahead from the others. I hope other companies like uber can see this opportunity and make bitcoin as their payment tool.
pisston

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:46:18 PM

Bitcoin to be used to pay for uber is a very good idea since this will help spread the idea of bitcoin, what it is and how to use it to more people since Uber is widely used by a lot of people. Also it is more safe and practical because you readily have "money" to use for payment, rather than worrying if you have enough cash to pay for Uber.
In truth, I still doubt the need to use this resource for me. Constantly turning around before the eyes of advertising and in any application I see that uber is very popular among users. It may be necessary to listen to new ideas and wishes.
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 10:46:04 PM

This is great news, happy to sound it. if Uber has received bitcoin as a payment then I can not wait to be one of the passengers and pay with bitcoin afterwards. Uber has been one step ahead from the others. I hope other companies like uber can see this opportunity and make bitcoin as their payment tool.

The more bitcoin is becoming established the more of this kind of news we will be reading. I see this is a good warming up, until bitcoin becomes mainstreams and is adopted by merchants all over the world.

Valzzz005

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 10:59:43 PM

For me it is a great news, uber accepting bitcoins as a payment can be tge first step for bitcoins popularity in the main stream. I'm excited to be one of the passengers of that, it will be pretty convinient to us because sometimes we do not have a cash but only bitcoins because we do not withdraw all of oir profits everyday. So being bitcoin as a payment tool is kinda cool.
Aztek

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 11:15:12 PM

That's a good news since Uber in the Philippines is very popular. Actually it is more popular than the traditional taxi. If they are going to accept bitcoin, much better. But the transaction fee plus the rate of meter, isn't that a bit expensive? Anyway, this is a good help for bitcoin because this will promote bitcoin more. And hopefully bitcoin will be a part of people for their everyday lives. Good job Uber.
I also consider transportation as a form of a daily thing in a specific country because through this we could go to different places allocated on our choices of trips. And we all know Uber is a private transportation system with the help of application where you could actually boom your ride with ease. And it is a part of technology so have a system of transaction using Bitcoin with not be so hard to implement with it. And it can result a good thing to Bitcoin because more people will support and start using Bitcoin in a daily basis.
BChydro

Activity: 1426
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 11:18:30 PM

If that is true then it is a good thing ,but i could not see that in the app and in their website ,there was a rumor long back in 2015 and they reject that was not the case,i really would like to see these companies accept bitcoin which will be huge for bitcoin.
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 11:43:03 PM

I've ever heard about it before but not sure if they (re)use this payment method recently.
More business should support bitcoin payment, so people can easily spend their bitcoin and it will spread widely instead of just stay in wallet forever. What left is; scale solution to be implemented in order to minimize bitcoin transactions fees and maximize transaction speed to be confirmed. And that's the way to get more business and adopters to join in this "the best monetary system" instead of just treat it as an investment which cause a lot of fluctuations.
Fourgh

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 11:46:01 PM

It's a good thing. Bitcoin owners can now conveniently pay without using credit cards or debit cards.  Cool

Insanerman

Activity: 1162
Merit: 450

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 11:49:19 PM

For me it is a great news, uber accepting bitcoins as a payment can be tge first step for bitcoins popularity in the main stream. I'm excited to be one of the passengers of that, it will be pretty convinient to us because sometimes we do not have a cash but only bitcoins because we do not withdraw all of oir profits everyday. So being bitcoin as a payment tool is kinda cool.

Uber has many follower already its great for bitcoin if uber utilized the power of blockchain and adapted bitcoin as one of their payment option. Bitcoin is universal currency too, its convenient.
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 12:09:03 AM

It looks more like it is the driver's initiative to put his bitcoin address in there for tipping. But still a good exposure for bitcoin. I hope more drivers follow his idea.
winderx

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 12:15:01 AM

great way to use our bitcoin to pay for our expenses!
mevmike

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 12:45:21 AM

if these news is indeed true then it is a great news for btc community...
It could be one of the most effective ways of spreading knowledge with regards to btc..

﴾  ﴾  ﴾  ﴾  ﴾   GlodCoin   |  Electronic Currency |  Ethereum Blockchain   ﴿  ﴿  ﴿  ﴿  ﴿
› › › › ›  3D Virtual Shopping | VERIFIED And Secured  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
﴾  ﴾  ﴾   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE ﴿  ﴿  ﴿
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: