Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:16:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin on Uber  (Read 7983 times)
Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 07:45:06 PM

this is brand new idea, that really good sir. so you just need to send the bitcoin and uber will distribute itself.
so we can use bitcoin also tipping the driver, and make use of bitcoin more in the community. helping much more people
Yes it will facilitate us a lot. We will not have any worries to pay them. It will not only facilitate us but also the uber. Because we will be able to pay by sitting in home. But if we don’t pay there would be a way through which uber will be able to cut off the payment by themselves from the users account. And not only this the drivers will also be facilitated and other workers also that they will get paid safely.
appleffi

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

One of a kind

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 06:34:14 AM

Indeed, this is a great thing for Bitcoin users who will benefit on this a lot since this will ease their transportation experience even more using UBER. But I guess this will be implemented not as  soon as other countries compare to ours here in the Philippines because currently UBER is having a problem with taking seriously the policies here in the Philippines, just saying. But all in all, this is a great step towards keeping up with the digital world we have right now. 

Filmmmakerr

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 07:21:14 AM

Thats incredible, wait until the McDonalds in the US accepts bitcoin and other cryptos. I've heard the one in Russia is accepting it.

Campaign Manager (2018)
PancongStreet

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 07:27:35 AM

I really agree if uber has received bitcoin as its payment tool. Hopefully other merchan can also receive bitcoin. Maybe if many public services and merchants use bitcoin, bitcoin prices will skyrocket again. As more and more people know and hold bitcoin. I must be prepared to buy bitcoin  Wink

ICOHoo

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 08:22:31 AM

It's definitely a good news that Uber accepts Bitcoin.  Grin
I believe it will be another big step for cryptocurrency.
The only problem is Uber is losing in China so i cannot take this best deal .. LOL
pipsterz

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 09:56:06 AM

it's good news, but a little disappointing for those who wanted more (for example, bitcoin being used directly to pay for rides, even if indirectly through a platforms exchanging BTC to USD directly like BitPay),

Not a bad thing at all for it to be added to the tipping system though, and if the overall use is high, I'm sure Uber would consider adding it completely to the platform.
balakang00

Activity: 266

Platform for Investing in Cryptocurrency and ICOs

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 06:54:16 AM

Why not? I mean this is a good idea to use bitcoins in transactions with uber. It will surely make the ride faster and easier. Paying by bitcoins is one big efficiency to both the consumer and the business person involved in this kind of setup. It is very good to have this kind of innovation since bitcoin is now expanding it’s capability to control other exchange currencies.

ubeng07

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:39:19 AM

That's a good news since Uber in the Philippines is very popular. Actually it is more popular than the traditional taxi. If they are going to accept bitcoin, much better. But the transaction fee plus the rate of meter, isn't that a bit expensive? Anyway, this is a good help for bitcoin because this will promote bitcoin more. And hopefully bitcoin will be a part of people for their everyday lives. Good job Uber.
Well, I agree that its a good news and its quite convinient to people who use uber. In addition to that, if they bitcoin as a payment they can pay their bills easily and it will help those driver who really want to gain income. I also agree that it will help to promote bitcoin. Lastly, I hope many transport vehicle will accept bitcoin in the future.
Yes i would strongly agree and support that if that would happen cause it would be more convenient and if that will happen and it will success i think some of the online business can accept bitcoin too for some transactions. Hope it will be.
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 07:51:25 AM

Meanwhile, bitcoin just got integrated with Uber for tipping drivers. Isn't that a good news?

https://twitter.com/Melt_Dem/status/895466611477544960
Wow,isn't it great? Bitcoin used for tipping drivers who work for Uber! Bitcoin is going to get popular amongst drivers and common people who use Uber regularly. But then how much will a person tip? 0.005 btc/20 $ for any trip,more than that or less? Its great that Big companies like Uber will now be involved in bitcoin and more companies will follow them,lets see what happens  in the coming years.

Chyton

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:54:43 AM

I don't think it's a good idea right now, fees on bitcoin are too high now especially for tipping eg. $5 tip will cost $2-5 of transaction fees. I would suggest that bitcoin developer solve the scaling problem and the increase of block size (which means more transactions per block rather and possible lower fees) then bitcoin would be the perfect choice for tipping taxis and bartender  Grin

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 04:58:04 PM

it can't be done bitcoin for uber. Uber should apply for regulatory purpose as payment system for the taxes.
Of course it can be done, if the big executives in charge of uber want it to happen it will happen they will just need to declare all the bitcoin they got from their operations and then pay taxes on that if they cash out immediately or pay taxes later if they decide to hold.
franco123

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 01:28:37 AM

It is. Having more ways and means of payment is good because Uber users will be able to pay in the most convenient way they want. In fact, maybe taxis can also apply this in order to have more passengers. However, in my country, Uber was banned because of some legal issues. The people are still hoping that it will come back. But for the mean time, many are relying on Grab which is the same concept with Uber. What is good now is that it is being worked out by Uber in our country to still come back and continue to serve
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 07:40:23 AM

Meanwhile, bitcoin just got integrated with Uber for tipping drivers. Isn't that a good news?

Yes, it is a good news for the bitcoins as it will help to grow the community. I am sure that, one day more service providers will start accepting the bitcoins as the mode of transaction. Uber has their presence in all over the world, this step will help to spread the information & awareness regarding bitcoins. Its a win win situation for the bitcoin community.

They are just one amongst million investors so it needs lot of time and patience for bitcoin community to celebrate in real. Uber has made a good move no doubt about it but I'm concern about other big people like, Walmart, American mall, Aldi and etc kind of food and supply chain. They should be the one who should make implementing of bitcoin payment system. They can bring the revolution because they have the capability. Anyway hands up for the uber too as they have taken the initiative at least.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Colt81

Activity: 630
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 07:57:20 AM

Well, its a nice idea and its quite convinient to all passenger who use uber. In addition to that, I think its a good news because they could earn more money and income. Bitcoin is very profitble and if they get tip everyday they could become rich. Lastly, I hope all transport vehicle will accept bitcoin as a payment.
redhopper

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 09:15:51 AM

i was discussing about bitcoin usages for taxi fare on other thread . does uber anywhere in the world accepts bitcoin?
NEUROSEED

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 10:15:38 AM

Already fixed the problem of paying small amounts?
ActiveP

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 10:18:37 AM

This idea is very good,  now we can use btc in our daily life.

Yeah, good idea,even if it is only for tipping. I suspect that after a while Uber will allow for bitcoin to be used for payments. I suspect the volatility is part of the reason it is used for only tips now.
Viakaia

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 10:20:24 AM

Good news, but it's isn't the best news we can expect as bitcoin fans from Uber, if they integrated bitcoin fully into the platform then it would be magnificent, However, they probably added it to tipping to gauge the interest and as long as they see it profitable, they will probably add it even as payment.
eleah24

Activity: 113

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 12:26:29 PM

Bitcoin on Uber is a great idea but not all people could understand that easily since even though BTC is popular, many other people still do not know about BTC and we still have to give them knowledge about it.

AwpDragonPoor

Activity: 161

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 12:49:01 PM

Wow, am not surprised especially with Uber integrating and having affiliates with so many things. GJ Uber on making a right choice.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: