Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:12:35 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm starting to get fucking pissed (BFL)  (Read 13628 times)
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 09:18:36 AM

My advice: get a refund and don't look back.

There are other companies that deserve your support over these scumbags. BFL is run by amateurs that don't give a rats ass about the community, they are just in it for the money.

Vote with your wallet, request a refund, and give it to Avalon or ASICMiner as the only two that have actually done what they promised, or look into the other DIY projects in the works to use Avalon chips.

BFL is a pathetic business and a mockery of this new industry, it should not be stood for and defended.

The mutiny is spreading

Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 11:06:34 AM

Having placed a very early preorder I can say that as it currently stands there's pretty much no reason to ask for a return if you're one of those June/July orders.  It's almost like bettering on #24 on a roulette wheel - low chance in hell but decent payoff if you do get it.  What's $1300 for a Single now anyways - 11 BTC.  I paid over 200 BTC for mine, at this point getting back 11 BTC would be like an escrow tip  Roll Eyes

Now for anybody who has later orders you must either have faith in the company or not want to deal with the other ASIC vendors.

For the OP who has less on the line it doesn't make sense to ask for a refund unless he absolutely needs the $.  What BFL should do is return the current price of the miners (ie 2x cost) for seizing the money for 10 months but like that will ever happen  Cheesy
Operatr

Activity: 798

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 11:43:38 AM

Having placed a very early preorder I can say that as it currently stands there's pretty much no reason to ask for a return if you're one of those June/July orders.  It's almost like bettering on #24 on a roulette wheel - low chance in hell but decent payoff if you do get it.  What's $1300 for a Single now anyways - 11 BTC.  I paid over 200 BTC for mine, at this point getting back 11 BTC would be like an escrow tip  Roll Eyes

Now for anybody who has later orders you must either have faith in the company or not want to deal with the other ASIC vendors.

For the OP who has less on the line it doesn't make sense to ask for a refund unless he absolutely needs the $.  What BFL should do is return the current price of the miners (ie 2x cost) for seizing the money for 10 months but like that will ever happen  Cheesy

Defend their bullshit all you want, Bitcoin is a community call and they are pissing all over it. Josh is an asshole, which I don't think I need to elaborate on, the video of him says it all.

Why support a business built by scammers, jerks, and liars. Others deserve your coin a lot more by simply being transparent and delivering on their promises.

Their crap reputation and open rebellion is on them, not us.

baloo_kiev

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 01:41:00 PM

My advice: get a refund and don't look back.

There's a much more profitable option.

1. Wait while they ship a couple more dev/prototype units.
2. Sell your preorder on the forums.

PGP: 6EC48BA7
Welcome to my p2pool: BTC
monkee

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 02:29:01 PM

What BFL should do is return the current price of the miners (ie 2x cost) for seizing the money for 10 months but like that will ever happen  Cheesy

the 25%/10% off a future order was initially a slap in the face, now even more so since prices doubled and specs were reduced on future orders (that will likely never ROI).  if i get a shitty meal at a restaurant and even shittier service, the last thing i want is to be forced to give them more money while suffering through their experience a second time for a smaller meal that costs twice as much in order to claim my half assed "apology".

i was thinking that receiving double the ordered hash rate and free expedited shipping upgrade would be fair for the early orders, maybe with that "extra" equipment put at the end of the current preorder queue.  your idea sounds pretty fair to me too.  too bad bfl won't think so  Cry
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 03:12:28 PM

Avalon has upgraded their production line and is back to shipping units. I bet an order placed right now with them would result in a unit (that meets specifications) actually arriving before any BFL order.

This is what getting a bitcoin ASIC device looks like, in case anyone has forgotten Wink
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwzHfr-qaFo

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 03:20:23 PM

I would make that bet, except there is no way to order a Batch 4 device yet Sad I will likely be one of the first in line should that happen.

Avalon has upgraded their production line and is back to shipping units. I bet an order placed right now with them would result in a unit (that meets specifications) actually arriving before any BFL order.

This is what getting a bitcoin ASIC device looks like, in case anyone has forgotten Wink
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 04:21:48 PM

There won't be a Batch 4 according to this post:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=209814.msg2201060#msg2201060

The relevant line:
I talked with Yifu at Bitcoin 2013 and Avalon is not going to be build any more machines, they are just going to be a chip supplier.

Red_Evil

Activity: 1484
Merit: 500

Across The Universe

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 04:39:20 PM

There won't be a Batch 4 according to this post:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=209814.msg2201060#msg2201060

The relevant line:
I talked with Yifu at Bitcoin 2013 and Avalon is not going to be build any more machines, they are just going to be a chip supplier.

nope they sell the chips directly its easier Cheesy
MichaelBliss

Activity: 526

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 04:51:05 PM

The guys telling you to sell your pre-order to a greater fool are even worse scum than BFL. And so will you be.  Do you really want to become a scammer too?   Put down the Ayn Rand and have some decency guys.

My advice is to get your refund, use the $ to buy btc and hold (or just hold if you paid in btc).

As the hashrate rises it'll become impossible to make your btc back (& no, it's not a "profit" if you lose in btc terms but gain in $ terms)
pikeadz

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 05:39:05 PM

Are we sure they are mass shipping now, and not just shipping the 20 test units?  I haven't seen anything official or even heard from anyone that talked with Yifu to confirm that.  Link?
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 09:14:21 PM

Having placed a very early preorder I can say that as it currently stands there's pretty much no reason to ask for a return if you're one of those June/July orders.  It's almost like bettering on #24 on a roulette wheel - low chance in hell but decent payoff if you do get it.  What's $1300 for a Single now anyways - 11 BTC.  I paid over 200 BTC for mine, at this point getting back 11 BTC would be like an escrow tip  Roll Eyes

For the OP who has less on the line it doesn't make sense to ask for a refund unless he absolutely needs the $.  What BFL should do is return the current price of the miners (ie 2x cost) for seizing the money for 10 months but like that will ever happen  Cheesy

I'm in that position,2nd day order.So I'm stickin it out.I couldn't get 30GH for $650 now or ever,so..........................

I have alot I want to say...............but I must keep quiet  Sad

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 09:34:27 PM

You have probably said too much already. Forced order cancellations in 3...2...
Frizz23

Activity: 1162

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 09:39:16 PM

I'm in that position,2nd day order.So I'm stickin it out.I couldn't get 30GH for $650 now or ever,so..........................

Nice way to shut down critics. Well done BFL!

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 09:43:38 PM

Nice way to shut down critics. Well done BFL!

I don't have any orders or beef with BFL myself, but it's pretty disgraceful that it's come to that.

It's literally holding customers hostage.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
tigerfree
Legendary

Activity: 1015

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 09:47:27 PM

You have probably said too much already. Forced order cancellations in 3...2...

+11111
AlexBBB

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 10:38:36 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2013, 12:23:07 AM by AlexBBB

BFL = Big (interest) Free Loan ?  Wink
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 03:09:29 AM

Sell your preorder to a greater fool.

^ best idea but i don't think anyone will buy it now as everyone knows that BFL is not going to ship anything soon.

Look here http://bfl.ptz.ro/ New orders are reported every day.

WOW...like how fucked up are BFL that ppl have now resorted to this !!!

Thats really cool ..remove all the smoke and mirrors from there dog and pony shows !!!

OBJECT NOT FOUND
joshv06 (OP)

Activity: 991

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 11:36:12 PM

I guess the real way we could all join as a community is if we all get our refunds, and stop any future orders to go into BFL. That way they can stop living off our money while they sit on their asses for months. They won't have money to "Operate".

D A I L Y -  C R Y P T O  -  G I V E W A Y S
▬▬ ●●     Your source for daily free giveaways !    ●● ▬▬
DISCORD    -    TWITTER    -    WEBSITE
nottm28

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 11:42:11 PM

Are there any BFL Pre-Order holders here who'd like to chime in?

Get a refund - I move up in the queue...

donations not accepted
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: