Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:20:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 109 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best ICO for August 2018  (Read 45247 times)
loty1825

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 02:30:53 PM

Hey
What do you think about this ICO-s:

1. I invest litle in
https://bitindia.co/       (interesting, big market, John McAfee‏)
https://cartaxi.io/         (just interesting product which already worked)
https://ico.wcex.co/?ref=DTY5cY4&lang=sl    (free 50WRC, maybe invest some of my own)
https://webcoin.today/#ico-countdown          (I invest in pre sale because of bonus and they have product which is working.... problem is that they don't have a lot investors)

I am thinking:
www.globaljobcoin.com  
https://artoken.io

sory for my english Wink hehe

Bitindia seems attractive at first glance. Making an exchange for huge Indian market and offering 10% of profit to token holders and buybacks seems promising for long term investment. But their whitepaper isn't good. Hoe of the whitepaper explains obvious stuff about blockhain and blockhain markets, most of investors already know and don't tell anything about their project. Their team is quite large, but they don't really tell anything about their expertise they just list their names. John Macafee is a big name, but he's just partner and advisor. They don't tell if they have done anything besides the whitepaper. Or anything about how they intend to become the largest Indian exchange and what actions will they take to make cryptocurrencies adopted in India. The only relevant info is holders of tokens will make profit and how to participate in ICO and that's it. Nothing else of the 30+ pages really tells anything about their project. Looks like they're just trying to collect money and all the rest of whitepaper is there just because they can't publish single page stating give us your money and will give you some of the profits. There's not any interest for this ICO on these forums. Their ANN thread has been started on 25 September and has only 1 page. Statistics of their website visitors show most visitors come from websites that list ICO's so it seems most of the marketing they did was to get listed on those sites. They also get some traffic from social networks and adds. But it seems there's not much interest in participating in this ICO. In my opinion just being grom a large country, giving some profits back to token holders and John MacAfee doesn't make them an ICO I'd invest in.

I have no idea if there's place for a project like CarTaxi in car towing business. Maybe there is but I don't really see any use for it. Car towing for broken down or crashed cars is usually cowered by car insurance, so the insurance company covers the costs of towing. An app like this is useless in such cases because driver has to phone insurance company anyway if he wants the expenses of towing to be payed by them and they dispatch the closest towing company that has contract with the insurance company. Their whitepaper isn't that good either. And according to the diagram, everything will be still running centralized on servers, the blockchain seems to be there just so that the tokens can exist. And I also don't like that they will accept fiat and other crypotcurrencies besides their token. That doesn't really make any demand for the token to make the price go up. Imagine your car breaks down would you use your phone to find some exchange that sells CarTaxi tokens, buy BTC with your credit card, send it to that exchange and buy CarTaxi tokens? Wouldn't you rather just pay with the credit card avoiding exchange fees and wasting your time and smart phone data connection? There's just no incentive to use the tokens. There's incentive to hold them because of 25% bonus and buybacks, but the project has to be successful so holders will be able to receive anything. And I doubt they can be successful.

I can't see anything interesting in WCX. In future all exchanges will be decentralized, so they're nothing special and will have huge competition. Their white paper doesn't even deserve the name whitepaper. They don't have any plan and don't explain how will they achieve their goal of being largest exchange. No explanation what's the use of the token. There's no description or diagrams of the technology they'll use. And so on. Their only point is they only have low fees 0.1%, but that's not something competition wouldn't be able to offer.  There's no team listed or company named behind this project. They do tell a bit more about themselves in their ANN thread. They're supposed to be professionals from Apple, IBM and Deutsche bank. Anyone can cIaim that. I don't believe them. Because if it was true why doesn't it state in the whitepaper with names of team members. There seems to be many interest in the project, their ANN thread has a lot of posts. So there might be some hype and quick profit after they get listed on exchanges, but they're hiding so much information they might even be scam. I would avoid buying this one especially if I considered it long term investment.

Webcoin has an interesting idea. Advertising market is huge and their approach of connecting advertisers with 300+ social networks could bring a lot of money from advertisers. And instead of mining using hardware power miners will be users who will visit websites and social media of advertisers and will get payed for it. Their whitepaper has the info it needs to have explained quite well. There are some typos though. They should have hired some lecturer. What makes me a bit worried is their alpha site has low number of visitors. If they can't attract traffic on their own website, will they be able to do so on advertisers' sites? Their project's website also receives very little traffic, but a lot of it comes from social networks. There's no traffic form display adds. Maybe they just don't do "classical" advertising, because they believe in their advertising model using social networks. They're trying to collect 98 million which is a lot. I doubt they really need this much money, but it's what most ICO's do. ICO has been running for two weeks already and they only managed to colletc about 100k so far. I think this ICO won't sell out, they might even not collect enough to fund the project. And what worries me is all the unsold tokens will be kept by the project. So they migh have huge amount left after the ICO. If they don't collect enough funds in ICO to work on the project, they might just dump all the tokens on an exchange ans leave investor with nothing. As much as I like the basic concept and I'd like to see such idea to work. There's also many things to worry. It least if their ICO was getting sold faster I might have considered investing. But with that low amount raised so far I'll rather pass.

Jobstoday's supposed to have very successful business already. But all of their four employees searching websites receive very little traffic. So I doubt they're as successful as they're stating in their white paper. There's no blockchain use case mentioned, they don't even have a developer on their team. Their github only has 4 commits in a month. Their sole goal seems to be to collect funds and they even admit it in the paper. In general I don't think it's neccessarily bad to try to collect funds the ICO way, because it's much cheaper and easier than VC or IPO way. So it can be good business decision. But they could run into some serious legal issues offering dividends to token holder, because it makes their token a security. And there's tons of job searching websites all around the world where work can get paid for in fiat so accepting payments in form of some unadopted token is actually disadvantage. And to my knowledge there's also several other similar blockchain projects, so the competition is really tough and it seems they don't have anything better to offer than the competition.

Artoken seems project with very good perspective. I'll think about investing in this one. Thanx for poinitg it out.I didn't know about it before. I do believe AR/VR is about to rise in the following years. I don't know much about developing AR/VR. But heir white paper is very good it makes sense and  makes me believe they thought out every detail of the project in advance.  And they convinced me the model of their project could really be very useful for the development of AR/VR. So it would get users and be profitable. The team also seems expert. Visits to their website suggest they get good amount of traffic and they are listed on major ICO listing sites and are also active on social networks. So it seems they do invest some resources in marketing too. 15 pages in their ANN thread isn't outstanding, but ain't that bad either. I think there will be a lot of interest for investing in this ICO, and long term they seem good project too. So they might be good investment short term and long term.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nothingbuttmoney

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 06:16:31 PM

Guys, what do you think about ICOs that involve investors with bounty campaigns. In my opinion it quite bad strategy – Cult of the cargo. You get token for Facebook repost and wait until ICO to sell in case everything go fine.
Such approach is useless for investors and projects. First does not even read white paper and projects think they have real interested audience lol.
HappyPirate

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 06:23:37 PM

Heard about people who believe Totum and U-Trust are very promising ICO in October but I prefer Zcoin or Quatrum – it is reliable guys. Telegram support is really great I fill confident investing cash.

Moreover some “geniuses” do not fulfill their obligations so this bountytokenbullshit will use your resources with no feedback. It’s a shame
clip123

Activity: 193

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 06:26:20 PM

I would say Notary Platform check it out in my signature.
OriginalBankster

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:14:41 PM

Checkt Quantstamp. The do automated smart contract audit.
Did Audit for Request Network. Advisor is Head of Engineering at facebook.
low marketcap, KYC and whitelist.
runio

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 08:28:49 PM

Pally ICO - tomorrow., small hard cap around $4 500 000, famous, team, it will be very quick ico..
loty1825

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:00:28 PM

Guys, what do you think about ICOs that involve investors with bounty campaigns. In my opinion it quite bad strategy – Cult of the cargo. You get token for Facebook repost and wait until ICO to sell in case everything go fine.
Such approach is useless for investors and projects. First does not even read white paper and projects think they have real interested audience lol.

Usually very small amount of tokens is used for bounties so I don't think even if those people dumped their tokens that would make any impact on the price. You'd be surprised how many people are there that don't have a clue about the ICO they invest in. But for real investors that do their due dilligence I think they don't cause any damage. And for projects more important than number of interested audience is the funds they collect. I analyze traffic to ICO websites and it seems successful ones do get a lot of traffic from bitcointalk and social media, than those that are unseccessful. So I guess bounty campaigns help with attracting money to ICO's.

loty1825

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:03:24 PM

I would say Notary Platform check it out in my signature.

I don't know that project to every detail. But from what I know it's legit project with dedicated team. They just don't do any marketing so not many potential investors know about them. And I expect them to have hard time collecting neccessary funds for the project to succeed.

goyard67

Activity: 176
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:55:58 AM

bitindia is awesome project "All token holders will receive 10% of the net fees earned on the Bitindia Wallet." !
bboyjohn

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:00:38 AM

U-Trust and Cartaxi looking interesting. I think they will be succesfull in their ico
Too many newbies wrote some projects in this topic. I won't trust them

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
InveCtOr

Activity: 156

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:45:02 AM

Hi guys! Check out Nousplatform: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2236285.msg22550473#msg22550473
JakobKrag

Activity: 36

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:01:38 AM

MicroMoney
paging

Activity: 38

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:05:25 AM

chimera
https://chimaera.io//token
TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM
ICO PRE-SALE STARTS 23 OCTOBER @ 2PM UTC
Smoikata

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:44:51 AM

EnjinCoin is really good ICO and profitable investment.
kingtoixo

Activity: 50

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:19:15 PM

What about witcoin.io? Nice idea and great team and advisors behind it
HappyPirate

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 12:56:34 PM

by far I can say its BTC, Zcoin and promising Confideal up to my friends feedback
Minotus

Activity: 236

Presale is live!

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 01:22:52 PM

I think Car taxi and micromoney are promising projects. Minerva a good ICO too, you can check it from my signature.

awareentity

Activity: 125

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 01:43:52 PM

I like Quantstamp, their idea their use case and their proof of care. Also I put a little into Request Network but after the ICO. Things getting harsh because of BTC Sad
Zacharyce

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 02:23:51 PM

There are many good projects in November and I think the most attracted project is SPECTRE project because it is a project related to trading and has been evaluated by many ICO experts. You can participate in the telegram for more information on the project
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:25:24 PM

Please name 1 ICO to buy for November that can be a gem later?

Check out Snovio (click tag in signature) I think it is a game changer for a relatively new industry (big data). I worked in big data myself and it has allot of problems. Snovio could become a huge player in the big data market.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 109 »
  Print  

Jump to: