Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 03:08:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DGC] Digitalcoin | Multi-algo & Masternodes | Established 2013  (Read 523361 times)
mrbodi

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 08:36:57 PM

my main account is banned you can come on irc and confirm

No, its not. "ahmed_bodi" is not ban !

OK , that's it, I can settle this once and for all. Ahmed is a business partner in one of my businesses.

Ahmed, please go into the new exchange git (Which is a private git only Ahmed and myself have access to) and post the get_market function in trade.py from the forum handle you are using here now.

If the handle posts this correctly, I can verify that it is indeed Ahmed.

Hey dreamwatcher.
Code is as follows:
Code:
def get_market(curr,master_curr):
try:
sell = query_multi('SELECT rate, SUM(amount),SUM(m_total) FROM %s WHERE sell_order = 1 and m_currency = %%s GROUP BY rate ORDER BY rate ASC LIMIT 100' %curr,(master_curr))
buy = query_multi('SELECT rate, SUM(amount), SUM(m_total) FROM %s WHERE sell_order = 0 and m_currency = %%s GROUP BY rate ORDER BY rate DESC LIMIT 100' %curr,(master_curr))
return {'sell':sell,'buy':buy}
except Exception as e:
error_log(e,inspect.stack()[0][3])
return {'sell':[('N/A','N/A','N/A')],'buy':[('N/A','N/A','N/A')]}

Ahmed
dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 09:03:02 PM

OK , that's it, I can settle this once and for all. Ahmed is a business partner in one of my businesses.

Ahmed, please go into the new exchange git (Which is a private git only Ahmed and myself have access to) and post the get_market function in trade.py from the forum handle you are using here now.

Hey dreamwatcher.
Code is as follows:
Code:
try:
sell = query_multi('SELECT rate, SUM(amount),SUM(m_total) FROM %s WHERE sell_order = 1 and m_currency = %%s GROUP BY rate ORDER BY rate ASC LIMIT 100' %curr,(master_curr))
buy = query_multi('SELECT rate, SUM(amount), SUM(m_total) FROM %s WHERE sell_order = 0 and m_currency = %%s GROUP BY rate ORDER BY rate DESC LIMIT 100' %curr,(master_curr))
except Exception as e:

Ahmed

OK, this is settled, the above code is correct. Ahmed has also told me in a private IRC chat that we keep up, that mrbodi is his new handle and that ahmed_bodi has been banned.

If his handles continue to get banned, I can use the same verification as I can add arbitrary code to the git.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 12:52:37 AM

hey,

is it useful to mine digicoin at the moment ?

absolutely, block reward is going to be reduced by %66 sometime soon, best to stock up now Smiley

Is this a block halving or did the new devs reduce the inflation?  I hope it's the latter.

Thanks!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:43:50 AM

It's a planned change, the reward scheme is going to be 5 for each algo, so 5 coins every 40 seconds. There were plans for merge-mining SHA and scrypt with only the tx fees as rewards, with x11 having a higher reward for solo miners, but we decided not to go with merge-mining until we see what the reaction is with multi-algo.
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:10:45 AM

It's a planned change, the reward scheme is going to be 5 for each algo, so 5 coins every 40 seconds. There were plans for merge-mining SHA and scrypt with only the tx fees as rewards, with x11 having a higher reward for solo miners, but we decided not to go with merge-mining until we see what the reaction is with multi-algo.

5 coins every 40 seconds on each algorithm sounds a lot like the 15 coins every 40 seconds on the Scrypt algorithm system we've been working on since the last change.

Is that right ?

86,400 seconds in a day
/ 40 seconds = 2160 blocks of 40 seconds
2160 x 5 SHA + 5 Scrypt + 5 X11 = 32,400 coins per day

I hope I've got this wrong...or the mint rate won't change at all.

Ahmed explained it a little differently last week and said there would be a big reduction in the mint rate - something like a 60% reduction if I remember correctly.

For the reduction to work I suspect it would need to be 5 coins on each algorithm every 120 seconds.

Could someone please clarify this ?
Tsquared

Activity: 500
Merit: 501

http://digitalcoin.org/

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 03:30:43 AM

5 coins every 40 seconds on each algorithm sounds a lot like the 15 coins every 40 seconds on the Scrypt algorithm system we've been working on since the last change.

Is that right ?

86,400 seconds in a day
/ 40 seconds = 2160 blocks of 40 seconds
2160 x 5 SHA + 5 Scrypt + 5 X11 = 32,400 coins per day

I hope I've got this wrong...or the mint rate won't change at all.

Ahmed explained it a little differently last week and said there would be a big reduction in the mint rate - something like a 60% reduction if I remember correctly.

For the reduction to work I suspect it would need to be 5 coins on each algorithm every 120 seconds.

Could someone please clarify this ?

Unless I'm mistaken, each algorithm will target a 40 second block time, so we'll still have 40 second blocks across all algorithms, not 40 second blocks per algorithm. Meaning, the reward goes from 15 every 40 seconds to 5 every 40 seconds. With each algorithm targeting a 40 second block time though, the blockchain will be more secure and consistent.

TT
CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:01:40 AM

Going with a multi-algo implementation seems like an overly complicated way to go about attempting to secure the blockchain. I'm not versed in the technical details of how a multi-algo coin functions but if the goal is to secure the blockchain then implementing auxPOW should be considered as an alternative.

DOGE went from having 60 Gh/s to 800 Gh/s after implementing auxPOW. Just realize that any dramatic increase in hashrate will have a similar dramatic increase in difficulty. Also, if miners start to receive DGC essentially for "free" it could cause downward pressure on the price from them dumping a coin (DGC) they don't care about.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 06:06:34 AM

Going with a multi-algo implementation seems like an overly complicated way to go about attempting to secure the blockchain. I'm not versed in the technical details of how a multi-algo coin functions but if the goal is to secure the blockchain then implementing auxPOW should be considered as an alternative.

DOGE went from having 60 Gh/s to 800 Gh/s after implementing auxPOW. Just realize that any dramatic increase in hashrate will have a similar dramatic increase in difficulty.

Merge mining with doge and LTC is the way to go.

Massive distribution and the best part is finally an ultra secure network.  With that in mind DGC can be used by many people without worries or getting hacked.  Security is one thing 99% of all alts lack.

So of Ahmed can add the merge patch to merge with doge and LTC then that would be a brilliant move.  Also reducing the inflation and max cap (dilution) would be a very good move.  As soon as possible before this boom goes onto full swing.

Cheers!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
cosmoo

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:20:22 PM

Merge mining with doge and LTC is the way to go.

Massive distribution and the best part is finally an ultra secure network.  With that in mind DGC can be used by many people without worries or getting hacked.  Security is one thing 99% of all alts lack.

So of Ahmed can add the merge patch to merge with doge and LTC then that would be a brilliant move.  Also reducing the inflation and max cap (dilution) would be a very good move.  As soon as possible before this boom goes onto full swing.

Cheers!

I argued for merged-mining as well, it would solidify DGC's status as a payment network, the thing is once we do we've essentially 'locked' ourselves into the opinions of all the ASIC owners out there which would make a hard fork much more difficult to accomplish. DGC isn't going to explode to the front with BTC anytime soon so we figured it'd be best to start small and see how well we can grow. The choice of merge-mining is still on the table if the threat of network takeover persists.

We're definitely aware that having ~300mh/s regular hashpower is fucking pathetic, and absolutely unacceptable. It's ludicrous to promote such a network as a viable option for global trade.

If we do wind up merge-mining, the optimal scheme would be to merge SHA and scrypt with tiny rewards, while leaving x11 open to solo miners with something like 500% more reward. Say 1dgc for SHA and scrypt, 5dgc for x11. That way we'd secure 2/3rds of the chain while keeping rewards consolidated to loyal miners who are more interested in the coin's success instead of their own profit.

*edit i have no idea what # of coins minted would work best, that's just an example.
cosmoo

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:34:41 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 10:30:35 PM by cosmoo

What'd really be ideal imo is a long, steady transition into PoS. Maybe it'll happen in the future, it's hard work to do.
CoinBuzz

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:41:56 AM

Hey dreamwatcher.
Code is as follows:
Code:
try:
except Exception as e:

Ahmed

OK, this is settled, the above code is correct. Ahmed has also told me in a private IRC chat that we keep up, that mrbodi is his new handle and that ahmed_bodi has been banned.

If his handles continue to get banned, I can use the same verification as I can add arbitrary code to the git.

That's a private git between you and mrbodi !

How can be sure about this code thing !?

how about make something with the real "ahmed_bodi" account somewhere ??

Join ASAP: FREE BITCOIN
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:59:13 AM

Hey dreamwatcher.
Code is as follows:
Code:
try:
except Exception as e:

Ahmed

Either you're dumb as a stump or you're one of the trolls who got his original account banned - which is it ?

I could create an account named 'ahmed_bodi' somewhere else and post to it - would that be better for you ?

It would be better if his original account was unbanned, why is it banned in the first place ?

Ahmed is the new DGC Dev and he is working with the DGC foundation of which I'm a member on a daily basis to develop new features for DGC.
beitris.dwlul

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:47:59 PM

I appreciate the way the coin was designed to prevent early adopters from mining. Keep it up!

dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 03:02:41 PM

Hey dreamwatcher.
Code is as follows:
Code:
try:
except Exception as e:

Ahmed

The code check was for me, not you, it proves to me that mrbodi is Ahmed and thereby I can say that mrbodi is Ahmed.

If you do not know me or my reputation, so be it.

Ahmed, here is another way for you to prove yourself over here:

Create a public git on your github (https://github.com/ahmedbodi) named something appropriate like:

I_am_the_real_ahmed_ coinbuzz

or maybe something more colorful like:

Coinbuzz you are a  <add your own descriptor>  Grin

jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 03:23:22 PM

and a new small article :

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/digitalcoin-code-changes-announced-multi-algorithm-blockchain-data-storage-more
ElTomeko27

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:44:35 PM

Hey dreamwatcher.
Code is as follows:
Code:
try:
except Exception as e:

Ahmed

The code check was for me, not you, it proves to me that mrbodi is Ahmed and thereby I can say that mrbodi is Ahmed.

If you do not know me or my reputation, so be it.

Ahmed, here is another way for you to prove yourself over here:

Create a public git on your github (https://github.com/ahmedbodi) named something appropriate like:

I_am_the_real_ahmed_ coinbuzz

or maybe something more colorful like:

Coinbuzz you are a  <add your own descriptor>  Grin

Dreamwatcher is trustworthy. If he said that mrbodi is Ahmed I do believe him.
cosmoo

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:26:25 AM

we've started a new ANN thread over here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=785601.msg8853720#msg8853720

cleaning it up a bit now
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 12:18:11 AM

DGC on Bittrex!!  Happy trading...

https://bittrex.com/Market/?MarketName=BTC-DGC

-tb-

sucksyd

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 03:23:08 AM

-tb-
WHAT THE FUCK?even the main thread or website says nothing about this shocking info.arseholes
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 03:24:48 PM

-tb-
WHAT THE FUCK?even the main thread or website says nothing about this shocking info.arseholes

It's because the link is in the new ANN thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=785601.0

Website will be updated once baritus transfers it to the Foundation.

-tb-

Pages: « 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 »
  Print  

Jump to: