Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:15:59 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Equipment Manufacturers  (Read 55635 times)
FCTaiChi (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 09:01:37 PM

Hi, you're the first person to poke me for not having them on Smiley  I'll get to it, didn't really realize they were starting to get organized.
Thanks.

By the way, a great thread and great service, IMO.  Objective comparisons, without the noise, spin and FUD of fans and bashers is essential for this general topic.

Thank you, again.
I appreciate that.  Now that I'm able to expand the table on it's own site I'll just give all the information I have and let people decide. 

The method I was going to use was to give the current month and about 6 months out, giving the data on each month for each unit.  That would allow people to see if they got a unit now second hand what it would be worth, or if they had something coming a month from now.  Then it wouldn't matter what batch, just the hashing power vs lead time.
I suggest to make a distinction between the silver Avalons of B1 and black Avalons of B2.
The black ones are newer and are capable of running faster (around max. 300Mhz versus 350 Mhz).
Right, good point.  I was thinking there was something like that..  There are a couple differences between the AM blades too I think.

Why is Avalon not on this list?   That seems very odd.
Yifu said he wasn't selling them anymore, and they were going to focus on chips.  When I do their page I'll put the machines on for people who are buying them second hand, as has been mentioned, but at the moment the list is in flux.  The old method used to just have units that you could buy today.  In the new tables I'll make it clear what you can buy today compared to second hand, covering all bases.

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
FCTaiChi (OP)

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 09:03:50 PM

Value changed to profit.  Percentages of profitability.  May not sound simpler, but check it out, I like it much better.  Smiley

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 09:06:48 PM

You might want to consider taking terrahash off this list and onto the possible scam category.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 10:39:46 PM

Value changed to profit.  Percentages of profitability.  May not sound simpler, but check it out, I like it much better.  Smiley

applause! applause!
FCTaiChi (OP)

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 12:14:49 AM

You might want to consider taking terrahash off this list and onto the possible scam category.
Thanks for the update, if you have some specific info I'd love to have all information available.  
Are you referencing how they changed their refund policy, and stopped talking to anyone?  I'll have to wait to see how this turns out, but it is worrisome at the moment.  I hope they keep going in the right direction.  They have seemed to have great potential from the first day.

applause! applause!
Was it you that suggested this earlier?

btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 12:20:49 AM

Thanks for the update, if you have some specific info I'd love to have all information available.  
Are you referencing how they changed their refund policy, and stopped talking to anyone?  I'll have to wait to see how this turns out, but it is worrisome at the moment.  I hope they keep going in the right direction.  They have seemed to have great potential from the first day.

applause! applause!
Was it you that suggested this earlier?

For the most part yes, plus, today they emailed at least 3 people today telling them that they are not honoring refunds at all for btc or paypal.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
jimmy3dita

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 12:21:17 AM

Easier to understand, I miss the "best case/worst case scenario" from the older version. Maybe two columns instead of one are better for pessimists like me Grin

Acquista il mio libro "Investire Bitcoin": clicca qui
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 12:22:11 AM

Exactly!  Grin

Could you also change the big table with the different difficulty scenarios to percentage roi?

FCTaiChi (OP)

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 01:09:39 AM

Easier to understand, I miss the "best case/worst case scenario" from the older version. Maybe two columns instead of one are better for pessimists like me Grin
It's still there, underneath.  I'll make sure to keep it available until I have every manufacturer's page up.

Exactly!  Grin

Could you also change the big table with the different difficulty scenarios to percentage roi?

Yeah I actually decided today that on each manufacturer page I'll put both 1 year ROI and Profit tables.

Thanks a lot for the idea!

Cryptoin

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 04:29:05 AM

So is the actual sheet still available to view?  I can't seem to find the link anywhere anymore?  I would just like to review your formulas/code and potentially offer some improvements.
FCTaiChi (OP)

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 04:51:04 AM

So is the actual sheet still available to view?  I can't seem to find the link anywhere anymore?  I would just like to review your formulas/code and potentially offer some improvements.
I have about 1k(maybe 2k idk) references to fix and change to VLOOKUP.  It's pretty ugly right now, any information that anyone would want is just a #REF

eve

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 07:24:29 AM

Are you sure xcrowd going to sell their 30gh/s miner for only $499?? real or vaporware?
Adano

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 11:56:38 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2013, 04:34:59 AM by Adano

Very useful table comparing equipment from different vendors. Useful but somewhat unfair to bitfury asics.

1. Lead time for 400GH/s unit being sold for 15000 EUR is August, not October. This makes difference, you know.

2. 400 Gh unit with delivery in October costs two times less - 7500 EUR. Big difference again.

3. Moreover, one could order a Starter kit with delivery date in August and 15 extension boards with delivery in October, mine with 25Gh hashing power for two months then install extension boards in October. 1000 + 15 x 350 = 6250 EUR only, not 7500. Im not sure how exactly you will calculate ROI in this case, but for me it looks like 400GH bitfury unit is going on the first row of your table.

All this numbers are without VAT. But VAT differs between countries, sometimes you can have reduced VAT and also many miners bought equipment for their registered
businesses so they didn't pay VAT at all. I've seen at least two European customers on this forum who didn't pay VAT, there should be more of them. To be honest, I don't know if KNC miner price is final and everything is included.

I remember there was bitfury/metabank device on the first row of your table with 120GH/s for $2160 and delivery in August. Yes it was for Russian market only, is this a reason you don't mention it anymore? Could we have it back, probably with some remark "For Russia only" or something. Thank you.

From your table one can decide that bitfury and knc are on the same stage of development/production, but that's just not true. Bitfury chip is tested by many testers already. It works. New tests show higher hash rate or lower consumption, if needed. Boards are developed. And we didn't see anything from KNC besides words and some strange FPGA prototype. Of course you can't show all details in your table, I just want to demonstrate that devices being on quite different stages of development/production look similar in your table.

I believe if you fix those "small mistakes" in your table, it's gonna look very different from current version.

For reference: Im not in bitfury team or anything, Im his customer. I wish KNC and others to deliver on time and yet honor their promises on hashing speed and power consumption. We don't need monopoly here.

Hope I was helpful, thanks and regards.

Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you.
Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you.
threedrules

Activity: 102

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 12:42:22 PM

the bitfury 400gh/sec (august) is out of stock so cant order that one anymore
Adano

Activity: 108

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 12:54:52 PM

It's all out of stock in few days after sales were started. Does it mean bitfury devices are to be deleted from the table? I don't know..
KNC is not taking pre-orders any more as well, right?

Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you.
Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you.
ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 04:43:59 PM

Very useful table comparing equipment from different vendors.

I believe if you fix those "small mistakes" in your table, it's gonna look very different from current version.

thx for your posting Smiley
FCTaiChi (OP)

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 05:11:24 PM

Very useful table comparing equipment from different vendors. Useful but somewhat unfair too bitfury asics.

1. Lead time for 400GH/s unit being sold for 15000 EUR is August, not October. This makes difference, you know.

2. 400 Gh unit with delivery in October costs two times less - 7500 EUR. Big difference again.

3. Moreover, one could order a Starter kit with delivery date in August and 15 extension boards with delivery in October, mine with with 25Gh hashing power for two months then install extension boards in October. 1000 + 15 x 350 = 6250 EUR only, not 7500. Im not sure how exactly you will calculate ROI in this case, but for me it looks like 400GH bitfury unit is going on the first row of your table.

All this numbers are without VAT. But VAT differs between countries, sometimes you can have reduced VAT and also many miners bought equipment for their registered
businesses so they didn't pay VAT at all. I've seen at least two European customers on this forum who didn't pay VAT, there should be more of them. To be honest, I don't know if KNC miner price is final and everything is included.

I remember there was bitfury/metabank device on the first row of your table with 120GH/s for $2160 and delivery in August. Yes it was for Russian market only, is this a reason you don't mention it anymore? Could we have it back, probably with some remark "For Russia only" or something. Thank you.

From your table one can decide that bitfury and knc are on the same stage of development/production, but that's just not true. Bitfury chip is tested by many testers already. It works. New tests show higher hash rate or lower consumption, if needed. Boards are developed. And we didn't see anything from KNC besides words and some strange FPGA prototype. Of course you can't show all details in your table, I just want to demonstrate that devices being on quite different stages of development/production look similar in your table.

For reference: Im not in bifury team or anything, Im his customer. I wish KNC and others to deliver on time and yet honor their promises on hashing speed and power consumption. We don't need monopoly here.

Ouch!  I thought I had fixed that.  I'm about 1500 REF# tags away from being able to post a fixed copy too. 
Do note at least that in the profitability charts above that I do have it right.
Wow, I was off on the 120GH too?  I couldn't find it available anywhere, so I assumed they switched over to the 400.

As far as the unfair treatment of some companies, I agree that the simplistic format doesn't necessarily encourage a full understanding.  As I switch to the new method I think this will naturally be taken care of.  For instance I will add a worst/best case scenario portion that shows maximum tax shipping and electricity cost.

It's all out of stock in few days after sales were started. Does it mean bitfury devices are to be deleted from the table? I don't know..
KnCMiner say they are still taking preorders and have not sold out on their first batch.. at least a few days ago.
I didn't realize the 400 was out of stock..  No I won't be taking anything off the list.  I'm going to find a new way to make it clear which units are currently available for sale, and try to keep track of the secondary market too.

Equilux

Activity: 353
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 10, 2013, 05:15:25 PM

Very useful table comparing equipment from different vendors. Useful but somewhat unfair too bitfury asics.

3. Moreover, one could order a Starter kit with delivery date in August and 15 extension boards with delivery in October, mine with with 25Gh hashing power for two months then install extension boards in October. 1000 + 15 x 350 = 6250 EUR only, not 7500. Im not sure how exactly you will calculate ROI in this case, but for me it looks like 400GH bitfury unit is going on the first row of your table.

For reference: Im not in bifury team or anything, Im his customer. I wish KNC and others to deliver on time and yet honor their promises on hashing speed and power consumption. We don't need monopoly here.

Ouch!  I thought I had fixed that.  I'm about 1500 REF# tags away from being able to post a fixed copy too. 
Do note at least that in the profitability charts above that I do have it right.
Wow, I was off on the 120GH too?  I couldn't find it available anywhere, so I assumed they switched over to the 400.

As far as the unfair treatment of some companies, I agree that the simplistic format doesn't necessarily encourage a full understanding.  As I switch to the new method I think this will naturally be taken care of.  For instance I will add a worst/best case scenario portion that shows maximum tax shipping and electricity cost.

KnCMiner say they are still taking preorders and have not sold out on their first batch.. at least a few days ago.
I didn't realize the 400 was out of stock..  No I won't be taking anything off the list.  I'm going to find a new way to make it clear which units are currently available for sale, and try to keep track of the secondary market too.

Thanks for the effort! This seems like an awful lot of work, especially keeping it updated, and the fairly demanding crowd watching your every move! Smiley

FCTaiChi (OP)

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 05:30:09 PM

Thanks for the effort! This seems like an awful lot of work, especially keeping it updated, and the fairly demanding crowd watching your every move! Smiley
Hehe, if it wasn't for everyone keeping me on my toes this project would get stale Smiley  I actually wasn't going to release at first, but am certainly glad I did.

Ok I rechecked the profitability table and that was wrong too.  I really did fix this!  Seems like this has been happening.  I must have saved over a days work at some point. =\  Luckily I was able to at least fix it on the new table, the old one will have to wait.  I'll make a note on it till I can fix it.

Thanks!

FCTaiChi (OP)

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 10:06:46 PM

Ok, I've been sitting here referencing as much as I could.  I have just enough done that I can put the new tables out.  I've been meaning to do this for a while, and I think I fixed a couple problems already.  The DIY section seemed a bit low, with a couple of them not looking right at all, this is fixed.  I can't wait to finish to see if I find anything else.  Over half way done now.

Added new AM and fixed BitFury.  Thanks guys.

(I realize I have a lot more work to do on BitFury before it shows the real statistics, I think I'll do their page today or tomorrow so we can see how this turns out.)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: