Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:34:10 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Offical launch of PhenixCoin.com  (Read 151405 times)
Chronikka

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 03:37:03 PM

Please, feel welcome to join us in alpha testing our Exchange!
Trade with free playmoney!

http://PhenixEx.com

If you find a bug or have a feature request, please let us know Smiley

More information on found/squashed bugs and requested features:
http://forum.phenixcoin.com/index.php/topic,138.0.html

The exchange can be turned off every now and then to apply changes, so if you can't access it, try again later!

Best regards, MaGNeT

So much was made about PhenixCoin and its partnership with WDC and FTC, its surprising the exchange doesn't even include them...which is especially stupid considering at this point the only way Phenixcoin is going to survive will be on the back of FTC if it makes it at all.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 03:55:17 PM

Please, feel welcome to join us in alpha testing our Exchange!
Trade with free playmoney!

http://PhenixEx.com

If you find a bug or have a feature request, please let us know Smiley

More information on found/squashed bugs and requested features:
http://forum.phenixcoin.com/index.php/topic,138.0.html

The exchange can be turned off every now and then to apply changes, so if you can't access it, try again later!

Best regards, MaGNeT

So much was made about PhenixCoin and its partnership with WDC and FTC, its surprising the exchange doesn't even include them...which is especially stupid considering at this point the only way Phenixcoin is going to survive will be on the back of FTC if it makes it at all.

Hello Chronikka,

This is an alpha test of PhenixEx to make sure the completely rewritten trade engine is exactly working as it should.
Currently all coins are "playmoney".

More coins will be added when it's going live as beta, and for sure FTC and WDC will be there.

Feel free to try it out! Smiley

Best regards, MaGNeT
nawazish1

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

PXC Research Team

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 02:46:47 PM

Just a bump  Tongue  Grin

PXC: PmfFgdwwcXPa1QUmtVJevdPfHhmhztHHCv
BTC: 1P22tVABsd85L7kkpTmohCv5vK2BypFz3H
Phoenixcoin (PXC), a decentralised open source digital currency.
nawazish1

Activity: 462

PXC Research Team

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 09:48:18 AM

BUMP

Bumping this because the trolls love it  Tongue

PXC: PmfFgdwwcXPa1QUmtVJevdPfHhmhztHHCv
BTC: 1P22tVABsd85L7kkpTmohCv5vK2BypFz3H
Phoenixcoin (PXC), a decentralised open source digital currency.
JohnCar (OP)

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 09:33:16 PM

8/26/2013
Hello all just wanted to let everyone know there is a new client for PhenixCoin

** PLEASE UPDATE YOUR CLIENTS ** - Version 6.4.11 is now available

You can download the client from here http://phenixcoin.com

This patch will bring the reward in line with the original specs while at the same time fixing the difficulty issue.

*** PLEASE DOWNLOAD PATCH BEFORE BLOCK 74,100 ***

- Block target is 45 seconds
- Block reward is 25 PXC
- Block retarget 126 blocks
- Max diff change is 9%

You can find the new client here http://phenixcoin.com/

TIT coming soon..............
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 09:47:47 PM

8/26/2013
Hello all just wanted to let everyone know there is a new client for PhenixCoin

** PLEASE UPDATE YOUR CLIENTS ** - Version 6.4.11 is now available

You can download the client from here http://phenixcoin.com

This patch will bring the reward in line with the original specs while at the same time fixing the difficulty issue.

*** PLEASE DOWNLOAD PATCH BEFORE BLOCK 74,100 ***

- Block target is 45 seconds
- Block reward is 25 PXC
- Block retarget 126 blocks
- Max diff change is 9%

You can find the new client here http://phenixcoin.com/
I will say this 1 last time why not just have the diff changes as diff change each block as its better for the miners as all that will happen is big miners will jump on for a few diff adjustments then let the regular miners mine it until it goes back down again and again were at 1 block diff change stops it all together

ToxicDartFrog

Activity: 196
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 10:20:10 PM

I will say this 1 last time why not just have the diff changes as diff change each block as its better for the miners as all that will happen is big miners will jump on for a few diff adjustments then let the regular miners mine it until it goes back down again and again were at 1 block diff change stops it all together

I can't say for sure (and would like to hear from others more knowledgeable about this) but I believe there's some possible side effects for making retargets happen that often. Either way, once block 74,100 hits, the 9% max diff changes should prevent the wild swings that are causing the coin to be left at a high diff. The only thing this won't solve is if the price were to go through dramatic swings (50%+) but I'd think it would still be a huge improvement.
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868

ADT developer

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 10:24:53 PM

I can't say for sure (and would like to hear from others more knowledgeable about this) but I believe there's some possible side effects for making retargets happen that often. Either way, once block 74,100 hits, the 9% max diff changes should prevent the wild swings that are causing the coin to be left at a high diff. The only thing this won't solve is if the price were to go through dramatic swings but I'd think it would still be a huge improvement.

all the coins that have 1 block diff changes are working fine as far as I know

all I know is I will be mining for a set amount of diff adjustments then letting it fall then mining for  ofa set amount diff adjustments I am sure I wont be the only one doing it

Buffcorp

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 12:21:11 AM

JohnCar destroyed this coin with his idiotic changes made previously. There is absolutely no trade volume any more. Bravo JohnCar, Bravo.
sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 01:02:12 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2013, 02:45:19 PM by sumantso

And use my referral to sign up for PhenixEx please.

You will get a discount on trading fees while I will get a cut too Smiley

teamtarp

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 02:52:26 PM

So was the "launch" of the exchange the last-ditch effort to create some hype to dump the rest of the premine? Sure seems like that looking at the price-action over at Cryptsy...

Game over for this coin? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=267301.0
Nolo

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 03:16:01 PM

So was the "launch" of the exchange the last-ditch effort to create some hype to dump the rest of the premine? Sure seems like that looking at the price-action over at Cryptsy...

Two statements were made in your post, and both were made ignorant of facts.

This exchange was announced pretty much immediately upon the coin being released.  The exchange has been in alpha testing for awhile, and has just recently moved into beta.

The price at cryptsy dropped so hard, because middlecoin.com mined the hell out of PXC yesterday as it shot to the top of coinchoose.  middlecoin.com then dumped every PXC it mined yesterday, massively driving the price down. 

The drop in price of PXC has nothing to do with PXC or the fundamentals of PXC.  The drop was a result of it being the most profitable coin to mine yesterday, one particular pool amassing a ton of PXC and then dumping them all immediately.

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
lucazane
Legendary

Activity: 1198

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 03:28:52 PM

Two statements were made in your post, and both were made ignorant of facts.

This exchange was announced pretty much immediately upon the coin being released.  The exchange has been in alpha testing for awhile, and has just recently moved into beta.

The price at cryptsy dropped so hard, because middlecoin.com mined the hell out of PXC yesterday as it shot to the top of coinchoose.  middlecoin.com then dumped every PXC it mined yesterday, massively driving the price down. 

The drop in price of PXC has nothing to do with PXC or the fundamentals of PXC.  The drop was a result of it being the most profitable coin to mine yesterday, one particular pool amassing a ton of PXC and then dumping them all immediately.

I would not have said it better!

The Blocks Factory Mining POOL : DGB(sha256d, Skein, Qubit, Groestl & Scrypt), FTC
MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 05:19:56 PM

Hello Timetarp,

The exchange is one of the projects that was planned to be released from the early beginning.

We cannot decide for pools or people at what price they sell their Phenixcoins.

The Phenixcoin Team, of which I'm a member too, keeps working on creating and supporting services for the community and PXC, like PhenixEx.com, or the PXC client update with faster transaction speeds and block reward at the original specs.

We keep pushing forward services and updates but we won't rush them, so no ETA's.

Feel free to sign up at our exchange, or take a look around Smiley

Best regards, MaGNeT
The Phenix Team
TheFuneral

Activity: 356

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 06:18:50 PM

It's rather suspicious when the bandwagoners all need to come in and repeat the same message.

I also don't appreciate you counting the client update. That was YOUR fault for fucking it up in the first place. Not ours.

Regardless I don't think this coin is in as shitty as a place as the price currently reflects. It just lacks volume.
Nolo

Activity: 686

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 06:24:15 PM

It's rather suspicious when the bandwagoners all need to come in and repeat the same message.

I also don't appreciate you counting the client update. That was YOUR fault for fucking it up in the first place. Not ours.

Regardless I don't think this coin is in as shitty as a place as the price currently reflects. It just lacks volume.

I take offense to your innuendo that I was involved in a "conspiracy" to promote this coin.

I can't speak for those that posted after me, but I had no intention other than correcting the misstatement of facts made by teamtarp.

(I have no connection whatsoever to the PXC team.  I don't communicate with them, don't work on the coin, don't do anything other than hold a large amount of PXC.)

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
ToxicDartFrog

Activity: 196
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 12:42:38 AM

Could be but I'm not even sure it worked like that. I was watching the sells as it happened and this was a deliberate attempt at driving down the price (I ended up taking advantage of it though Smiley )

Why do I say deliberate attempt? The seller was dumping at half the market value until the buys were all filled, then kept halving what they were selling at until until price was about 1/8th of where it started. If they cared at all to actually get out of the coin they could have kept selling at market value and received significantly more BTC in return. I'm just curious the motive? Was a large holder paid to dump at a loss?
MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 09:59:44 AM

We reached block 74,100 yesterday Smiley

We are now at 25 coins per block, 45 second block target (4.5 minute transactions).
Diff adjustment is now 9% up / down maximum.

Original specs of the coin were 50 coins per block, 90 second block target and 4x up/down maximum.

Generated blocks is now at the original specifications of the coin.

claycoins

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 10:53:40 AM

Difficulty adjustment looks to be working much better.

Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 07:33:22 PM

Difficulty adjustment looks to be working much better.

Yes it does ! We're very happy with the result. Bushtar from FTC assisted our coder iamatrix to create this beauty of a fork. This is a huge advantage of UNOCS ; we work together instead of competing against one another.

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 »
  Print  

Jump to: