Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:28:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin for Taxi  (Read 6934 times)
Wingo

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 07:14:06 AM

Yes it's a great idea if we can use bitcoin for such regular transactions. It is nice and easier to give tips to them.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 07:32:32 AM

Yes it's a great idea if we can use bitcoin for such regular transactions. It is nice and easier to give tips to them.
We can't use bitcoin for regular transactions and bitcoin can be only use in big transactions in terms of being a wise bitcoin user because we have a high fee right now and it is very expensive for a usual transaction fee so if you will pay bitcoin for regular transactions then you will pay also at least 5 USD as a fee to just to fully execute the transaction.
Emily_Green

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:04:28 AM

Moreover, I think it would be good to use Bitcoin not only for payments in a taxi but also in shops and restaurants. I think that we should more use Bitcoin in our everyday life.
steampunkz

Activity: 1162
Merit: 268

50% bonus on your First Topup

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:05:01 AM

This is a good idea for using taxi for bitcoin like in uber and grab, good idea if this companies will be accepting bitcoin as one of their payment processor like in credit card, debit card. if i where one of that companies i will like to accept bitcoin as one of the payment gateway.

Fujiati

Activity: 664
Merit: 112

Ethernity CLOUD

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:15:58 AM

I think it would be great if you could pay your Taxi-drive with Bitcoin! U agree with me?
I think it's hard if done in my place. because here bitcoin has not been so popular among the community. Maybe in another country can be done ...

criz2fer

Activity: 672
Merit: 127

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:51:43 AM

I think this is possible thru wallet to wallet payment. In our country, more and more people are using bitcoin wallet apps but using our currency. There will be no fee for every transaction. But using bitcoin, I think it will be applicable internationally if there's a taxi bitcoin base payment available then using QR code for every transaction. That will be great because I will no longer find a money exchanger every time I ride a taxi outside the country.

Remainder

Activity: 950
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:59:45 AM

It is really helping that we an have app for bitcoin to taxi fare, it is design just for taxi fare only and we must buy token to the provider to load our account because right now network transaction has a delay so it is hustle to pay bitcoin directly to the account of taxi driver, it is good that we have this kind of app that send token directly to taxi driver like uber app to avoid transaction delay.
macartem

Activity: 676
Merit: 319

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:21:02 AM

Yes I agree. It will be great to pay Bitcoin for taxi
dali_masmoudi

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:39:00 AM

Maybe it works with Uber and similar applications. But a simple taxi I Don't think it will be usefull.
Even with Uber, Bitcoin has to be legal first. 
jc89

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:50:37 AM

I drive a taxi in Brooklyn NY and have a sign in the back saying I accept Bitcoin. Well, yesterday finally someone wanted to pay me bitcoins, we agreed on a price of .004 bitcoins but, guess what, it was going to cost him almost $6 in fees to send me $16. We had wallet settings on low fees and fees made doing the transaction unreasonable. He was using Jaxx wallet on Android phone. I was disappointed. This is a bad sign, Bitcoin is broken. He ended up paying me cash

That's the reason why I think people will not pay in btc for their fares even if taxi drivers accept btc for payment. As much as we'd like to pay for all our everyday expenses such as fares and groceries via btc, we just can't because of those high fees. I hope someday it will be regulated and the fees will be reasonable in every transactions.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 07:39:35 PM

Yes, it would be wonderful to pay for your trips with the help of bitcoin not only in your country, but also during travel. And not only a taxi, but also other modes of transport.
Eehm…if what you guys are referring to here is all about local taxi, man I would say that’s not possible, unless there happens to be a release of the lightening network. Bitcoin transaction with high priority fee takes minutes, close to an hour sometimes.
So, you expect a driver to wait as long as that? That’s a really bad suggestion, unless it’s Uber.
Tahsin Kabir Kollol

Activity: 1610
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:15:39 AM

This is a good idea but it is not possible to successfully implement it in the present context. Most of the taxi driver are not aware of Bitcoin currency and prefer to take their rent in the usual currency. On the other the transaction fee of Bitcoin is not suitable to pay small payment like taxi rent.I think it is possible in future because Bitcoin users increasing day by day.

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 04:19:18 AM

How many taxi drivers DON'T smoke? Why would I want to pay BTC to make myself go into anaphylactic shock?

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
humanCNC

Activity: 122

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:22:27 AM

At the moment I think this is not as great as you think. You first have to think about how payment will be when you use btc and whether it is faster and more convenient than you take out your wallet and use cash to pay the driver.

jofox

Activity: 648
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:32:33 AM

Hopefully also in the Philippines, the payment bitcoin will surely be surprising because the Philippines has been upgraded and is in favor of people with bitcoins hiding.
777Bitcoin

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:41:06 AM

I don't agree much out of this idea for maybe because I won't be giving my bitcoin that easy. Cashing it out might be more practical and maybe a must. For bitcoin price changes in second how would we pay in fix if the value is increasing or the other way around do we pay much bigger when the value of bitcoin decreases. That's one of the problem.
Shinza

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:43:02 AM

I think this is only suitable for a long trip, we are convenient in not carrying too much money. But the concern is how to pay in taxis, whether it is convenient or not. And I think a trip of several kilometers in the city, btc payment is not necessary.

czhy20

Activity: 129
Merit: 3

bitrace® | JOIN NOW

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:46:16 AM

I think it would be great if you could pay your Taxi-drive with Bitcoin! U agree with me?

that would be a great idea. it is easier to pay with bitcoins without worrying about paper currency, especially in other countries.

bitrace®
[ PRE-ICO | Jan 25th - Feb 25th ]
[    ICO    | Feb 25th - Mar 25th ] (http://bitrace-token.com)
Mandoy

Activity: 644
Merit: 264

Aurox

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:49:44 AM

That is not a new story. There is already a post in this forum pertaining to a taxi company accepting bitcoin as fees for the fare. The poster was named Xester and his post tackles about a big taxi company in Italy and Rome that accepts bitcoin payments. But we have no more updates to that and I guess it is still the only taxi company in the world that accepts bitcoin as a fare. But it would be better if those services will be extended not only in Rome and Italy but rather on other countries as well. If it happens we can expect a huge spike in bitcoins value if it will happen in a mass adoption across the globe.

Aurox.

Designed to make
you money
|Proprietary Indicators
& Signals
|||                  ▄██▄▄▄▄▄
                ▄████████▀█▄▀
            ▄▄██████████▀
           ██████████▀██
          ███████████▄▄ ▄▄
         ██████████████ ▀▀█▄
     ▄▄████████████▀▄█▀   ▀▀
▄▀▀ ███████████▀▀▀ ██▀
▀▄▄▀ ██████▀ ▄▄
      ████▀ ██▀
     ███▀  █▀
     ▄█▌  ▐█▌
     ▀██   ▀▀
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████   ████

Get Started. FREE!
██   ████   ██████   ████████   ██████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
mihohil

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:50:36 AM

it will be very small part of btc, maybe if travell on long distance...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: