Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:26:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin for Taxi  (Read 6933 times)
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:16:57 AM

I think it would be great if you could pay your Taxi-drive with Bitcoin! U agree with me?
I don't agree with this because every day we need transportation while the fee from one bitcoin transaction is very expensive. we want bitcoin to be mass adoption and everyone should know bitcoin but we also have to think about whether it's good with the current condition of bitcoin.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
k@suy

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:19:32 AM

I think it would be great if you could pay your Taxi-drive with Bitcoin! U agree with me?
I think Uber should add bitcoin as a payment method since it gains more and more popular between students.
I think all the companies that dont add bitcoin as a payment method is because they are afraid of its price because it is not stable.

I agree, since UBER is knows for this carpooling system. They should included bitcoin as an option, this way they can help bitcoin to popularize it and  help create demand also. Also, othe competitor like GRab should follow suit also.
Blamsud

Activity: 503
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:31:16 AM

I think Uber should add bitcoin as a payment method since it gains more and more popular between students.
I think all the companies that dont add bitcoin as a payment method is because they are afraid of its price because it is not stable.

I agree, since UBER is knows for this carpooling system. They should included bitcoin as an option, this way they can help bitcoin to popularize it and  help create demand also. Also, othe competitor like GRab should follow suit also.
It will be a great help for bitcoin users that are into UBEr and grab. But there more things to consider before it can be possible. Like having a stable internet and how about the delays and transaction fees.
skyline247

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:42:10 AM

Taxis do not accept credit cards half the time as it is, why would they accept Bitcoin? Taxis are against innovations such as Uber. And Uber just started accepting Bitcoin, therefore I don't think taxis will anytime soon.
Kumarodus

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:50:26 AM

Taxi service would be the easiest to use and accept bitcoin...
boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:50:24 AM

I don't understand why we are speaking just about the taxi. It would be better if the bitcoin is being used everywhere so that we can avail all the services with our virtual earnings. Taxi is okay, it's just one thing but there are many so don't forget about them. Let's try to make bitcoins spendable almost everywhere ;-)

Just imagine monthly grocery coming from bitcoin, your entertainment with bitcoin as well as you house bills with it, that would make our lives smooth and easy to live. Plus bitcoin will be growing all the time in its value which will result in zero loss from our expenses.

Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:01:45 AM

The sheer fact that Taxis are so old and antiquated should be a tell-tale sign that they are not going to accept Bitcoin anytime soon.
lili song

Activity: 980
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:13:41 AM

I don't agree since I'm still prefer to pay taxi fare with CC because I can pay them all on next month of bill
Bitcoin may be fit for public service transaction rather than taxi, IMO
Sydneydexter

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:21:12 AM

Agree if the transactions is fast . Maybe need more development about transactions but this is a great idea Smiley
MoxleytgfCotta

Activity: 26

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:46:17 AM

When someone pays you 20 bucks do you check and re-check the banknote, call the federal reserve and ask what features to look for and what they should look like on a genuine banknote? Same applies for Bitcoin: to carry a massive 51% double spend attack you need so much computational power, so much money that doing it for a taxi ride is ridiculous (and not worthwhile). P.S. did you know that DIY checking a banknote (as most people do) is pointless if you do not know exactly what a genuine banknote should look like (features, contrast, texture, ink, holograms, watermarks etc..)?
Kim Domingo

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:51:32 AM

It will be just fine since car taxis in our modern days are already accepting credit cards for payments. I think a little bit upgrade on the way of payment will also be suitable since the improvement of paying the service from real money into swipe cards and now it will be a good way if car taxis will accept bitcoin for exchange because imagine their income will have a capability to grow which is beneficial for their part.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Mobshady24

Activity: 266
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:10:24 AM

i dont think it is fit to use this bitcoin as payment for small fares like in taxi, yes it is unique and convenient but too risky for the part of the operators or the driver if they own the cab cuz at the end of the day, what they earn might have smaller or higher value that they should get in fiat.

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
LuffyD.Monkey

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 03:57:26 PM

I strongly agree with this . As bitcoin will be adaptable in all kinds of ways and will be as fast as lightning in near future. By having a QR reader using bitcoin as payment in taxi would be fast. No problem in a little tip.
It is really not a bad idea. If this happens, then this wills a very good step forward in order to promote this Bitcoin. I think with every passing day, we can expect Bitcoin to become part of our every day’s life in a way that it will be beneficial for all of us. It will be like another great use of Bitcoin for all of us.
DewiKirana

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 04:08:57 PM

I strongly agree if the taxi payment via bitcoin, it will encourage the field of services and other goods will be interested in using direct transactions using bitcoin. It could be the beginning of this new taxi that use bitcoin as a direct payment, going forward to some other sectors.
Azkabal

Activity: 389
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 06:37:08 PM

Perhaps this is a good idea. Exactly the same as if we could pay for purchases in the supermarket with bitcoins. Or something like that. For many people this would be convenient.
gajebo

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 06:39:29 PM

Yes, you are right. I am happy sting if it exists. but the problem in our country is not like that. but maybe in another country can. I dont know.
cuculatoeggekeenam

Activity: 23

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 06:43:56 PM

I agree, but if it is very inconvenient if you have to open the wallet first or maybe made a string card but bitcoin might be easier.
krisnt80

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 06:44:49 PM

There is already a crypto currency that looks like will work based on those, but instead use bitcoin will be using their own coin, i dont know pretty well the concept, but it sounds good since you will be able to use those coins to pay for a drive. Bitcoin isnt a good solution since it requires few confirmations to avoid be double spended, and well fees goes up all the times, unless someone make an app wich will allow to deposit and use those balance to travel.
santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 07:58:23 PM

you will pay BTC for taxi fee, you will not like what will reflect on your btc wallet if this happeen .. here ( Philippines ) TAXI's are operated by different people and companies .. so there will be no one company to give that shot as every taxi driver need to have the money on their hands then it will be another job and worker for a company if they will do the BTC.. but theres another option on your point which will be good because we dont need to transfer payment everytime wee ride ! i think an idea suits for GRAB and UBER .. they can produce a wallet fro you to depist the money there will be 1 time fee for trasfer then! after that you can have it as your account and everytime you ride  their car your bitcoin will be deducted for your fare!
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 08:02:10 PM

Taxi ride paid in bitcoins... hmm that sounds interesting i must say. To be able to pay taxi ride in bitcoin would be good thing to have in city or country. I think that would improve taxi companies income. I know that there are not many people that use bitcoin day to day, yet alone taxi companies, but it is not impossible. I guess maybe one day it will happen, and we will be able to pay for taxi ride in bitcoins. Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: