Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:12:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin for Taxi  (Read 6934 times)
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:32:09 AM

Bitcoin for taxi might take time and more over the value of bitcoins is too high in the sense the price of bitcoins has crossed the price of precious metal gold, so I don't think people will start to use bitcoins for taxi's or the charges will be in satoshi's. May be in the future when the bitcoins are accepted by all the people from every part of the world in such a situation there are chances for taxi's to implement this bitcoin technology as service charges.
The fee of bitcoin is the reason why the people like the taxi drivers are not using bitcoin because they know that the fee in transferring bitcoin is very high and it is so overpriced compared to the price of the fee for the past few years and that is a solid proof that we should adjust the system of bitcoin in order to be affordable and convenient to the people who want to use bitcoin because in the future, it could be really a great step up.
Jessica2009

Activity: 348
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:45:04 AM

Bitcoin taxi may be a dream for all of as an ordinary person but there are smart minded people and smart companies who may be thinking about bitcoin  taxis. This idea of Bitcoin taxis can be brought to light by smart  companies which are not only dealing with cryptocurrencies  they also bring to finance a wide range of amazing solutions one among them are reducing travel time and solving traffic jams. A German start- up company developed the first all electrical five seated flying taxi.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  July 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
Isaacck1

Activity: 244
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:53:17 AM

I think it would be great if you could pay your Taxi-drive with Bitcoin! U agree with me?
Yes it would be a very good news to bitcoin users, but how about those who are not? I think we are not yet ready for large-term acceptance of the currency like in mode of payment in transportation. People can adopt bitcoin accepting taxis but they will still have to accompany it with fiat system because bitcoin will only limit their customers.
mixelalex

Activity: 193
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:55:02 AM

Not only a taxi, but also coffee and other small purchases. Why not? Although in my country you can't pay by card in a taxi. Grin Maybe only in  big cities.
UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:56:37 AM

Get yourself onboard with a crypto debit card it is the simple way to be able to utilise your crypto for simple every day uses. There are no transfer fees when you make a transaction the vendor receives the equivalent amount in local FIAT. Was travelling last week and bought a new Samsung phone in Hong Kong on my card.

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
Cedie

Activity: 138
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:57:46 AM

I think it would be great if you could pay your Taxi-drive with Bitcoin! U agree with me?
Yes it would be a very good news to bitcoin users, but how about those who are not? I think we are not yet ready for large-term acceptance of the currency like in mode of payment in transportation. People can adopt bitcoin accepting taxis but they will still have to accompany it with fiat system because bitcoin will only limit their customers.
Yes, this is true. Transportation is a large scale business, and cabs will be limited to those who uses bitcoin. If they incorporate the bitcoin system of payment to fiat system they would just be normal taxis but still will be able to attract more customers, namely bitcoin users. This is a great idea but we have to take it step by step because progress is achieved in that way.
chickenfried12
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:58:24 AM

for sure in my countries maybe it will be in near future people hungy about all interesting stuff Smiley maybe one guy come and write on the car I accept the bitcoin and than revolution began ! why not . it's looks very nice idea

crypto_sagor

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

Renewable Energy Cryptocurrency

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:32:31 AM

This will definitely depend on the taxi driver Whether he will accept Bitcoin or not. If you earn $10, then if you have to pay $3-$4  then why would he accept Bitcoin?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   KWHCoin   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█ RENEWABLE ENERGY CRYPTOCURRENCY █
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ (https://kwhcoin.com/)
MrSpasybo

Activity: 378
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:57:25 AM

Do you want to mention project TIM?
Let's read 1 of their plan, which is for taxi:

"BLOCKCHAIN TAXI
Efficient taxi services by P2P network in an area. No trans-continent network hopping, also data privacy and local support for security on-demand.
It is a p2p taxi service as a hyperlocal dapp on TIM platform. The user's app and driver's app search for desirable nodes in nearby location. The booking is done by a handshake smart-contract function of the hyperlocal Dapp. The ride route and distance is managed by map api functions like Google Maps and other such services depending on the region. The app calculates the cost of ride using the telemetry data from the app itself. Passengers can pay for the ride in TIMs or other modes using an integrated payment solution. Also the drivers can override to take cash for the payment.

By eliminating middlemen, users and drivers gain better control, availability, potential to improve their lives and ability to ask as well as offer better services."

You can read more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2479576.0
https://www.talking.im/
teejaymuna

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 07:59:18 AM

How about the transaction fees plus it will mean your driver has to wait for a while to receive payments. I dont think it is feasible at the moment. Yes, in the future, but no at the moment.
Adam.678

Activity: 43

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:59:27 AM

It is now easily possible as we are using online taxi booking service apps in our mobile phones and we can easily pay them in bitcoins if they start accepting it.The core developers need to fix the scaling issues first before we even need to look at global adoption ideas like yours. We, the people have so many ideas on how we can apply bitcoin globally, but these great ideas are slowly getting more and more impossible by the minute. Bitcoin is simply just storage value as of now.
Dylan365

Activity: 76

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:00:20 AM

These kind of transactions are better off with plain cold cash or just using a debit card with no additional charges. No need to complicate things as simple as this. It is not good to use bitcoin as a money to buy products or services that we want in our community. Yes the bitcoin price will rise up because of this demand but it can cause a high transaction fees that we may encounter when these are become officially introduce to all services in our community.
Riley678

Activity: 79

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:01:39 AM

I like taxi accepted bitcoin, i think this is a good and make me will always pay with bitcoin if I use taxi service.at the very least, you can use a bitcoin/eth denominated debit card. and I wont even address the various services in the US that allow you to buy public transportation credits in select markets.
Teddy1968

Activity: 75

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:03:29 AM

I think this could be if, the driver have also any kind of Bitcoin wallet to transfer their payment.Otherwise it might happen that the transaction is not processed at all and the coins go back to the original wallet.
Waiting with the passenger in the car till that has happened is somehow not an option.
Theodore19

Activity: 75

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:05:11 AM

That is cool. Having wifi won't cost so much since the driver does many trips a day and then there is plenty time for the transaction to go through.I think Swegit has increased confirmation time, but we need it to be instant confirmation for most of the business including this taxi cab one.
David454545

Activity: 71
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:06:49 AM

The transaction fee of bitcoin in small payments will make it expensive. I think it is better if there is a crypto token for this kind of service.I think it would be good to use Bitcoin not only for payments in a taxi but also in shops and restaurants.
cogent.tolik

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:31:23 AM

It would be very funny, because the commissions for transactions in Bitcoin are big. The commission could be more for the amount of payment.
casternetwork

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:44:06 AM

Yes, this is very reasonable if the developing countries have separate plans for the Bitcoins, in my country now take a taxi just pay through the virtual card and do not need to pay cash, but to do things This is not possible because many people do not have a ticket to pay

Am I spamming? Report me!
Addywealth

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:46:40 AM

Brilliant idea, how I wish bitcoin could be uses to pay for taxi. It will be easier with bitcoin pay card or ATM. All depends on the acceptance of bitcoin in such country .
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:49:06 AM

Yeah I think it is also a good idea but all of the taxi drivers are required to have a bitcoin wallet. What if the taxi driver is already a senior citizen? I don't think he can be able to operate that since some of the senior citizens are not really familiar or should I say they are not likely using gadgets.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: