Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2018, 12:21:10 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.0  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 【ANN】【PIRL】【PoW ETH Masternode Asic Resistant】 ►► NO PREMINE - NO ICO ◀◀  (Read 89316 times)
GianAttila

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:38:10 PM

Hi guys, i'm a newbie... I've a problem... from few days my Win wallet give my an error when i lunch it.
This is the error:
http://i65.tinypic.com/vrvtw8.jpg

Anybody can help me? i fear to loose my pirls..
Thank all

Same error with Nautilus Wallet... Huh Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RealSwissMiner

Activity: 224
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 09:07:11 AM

POW MINING WILL ALWAYS BE IMPLEMENTED AND WILL NOT TURN INTO POS.

This is nonsense.  Cheesy
Are you ready to burn hundreds of kilowatts of electricity and ruin the environment, rather than to follow the example of other eco-friendly POS coins spending many times less?

A small example:

(BTC: 14.000,000 TH/s = 1,120,000 AntminerT9 * 12.5 TH/s; 1,500W each * 1,120,000 = 1,680 MW of power)
To power ETH network you need 70,695,200 GPUs GTX1070 25MH/s each; with each GPU taking 100W: 7,069 MW of power
Both BTC (1,680 MW) and ETH (7,069MW) can power New York City!
(DMD: 137 MNs * 5W RaspberryPi = 685W)

So how much electricity are you ready to burn now?  Smiley

I see that just as an incentive to turn to renewable energy sources... wind, water, sun vs burning coal. If you want to be eco friendly, don't use crypto at all, because it all runs on computers.

The solution to the energy consumption is not that easy. If all the miners would buy energy from renewable energy sources the price per kWh would increase and other “green energy” users would be forced to switch back to conventional energy sources. The entire POS concept seems to be the better choice - don’t get me wrong I am a miner myself (only using energy from water energy sources) and love it but the energy consumption is huge.

Mining and investment blog - https://swisscryptominer.blogspot.ch
zcrypts

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:14:11 PM

Are you ready to burn hundreds of kilowatts of electricity and ruin the environment, rather than to follow the example of other eco-friendly POS coins spending many times less?

A small example:

(BTC: 14.000,000 TH/s = 1,120,000 AntminerT9 * 12.5 TH/s; 1,500W each * 1,120,000 = 1,680 MW of power)
To power ETH network you need 70,695,200 GPUs GTX1070 25MH/s each; with each GPU taking 100W: 7,069 MW of power

I see that just as an incentive to turn to renewable energy sources... wind, water, sun vs burning coal. If you want to be eco friendly, don't use crypto at all, because it all runs on computers.

The solution to the energy consumption is not that easy. If all the miners would buy energy from renewable energy sources the price per kWh would increase and other “green energy” users would be forced to switch back to conventional energy sources. The entire POS concept seems to be the better choice - don’t get me wrong I am a miner myself (only using energy from water energy sources) and love it but the energy consumption is huge.

What you say makes sense of course in theory but in practice you have to consider this: most of the POS crypto assets are MLM shitcoins, and are conceived just to scam people out of their money. At least that's what I saw. I also think that decentralization is better achieved with POW, because everyone (relatively speaking) can join in, not just investors and gamblers.
RealSwissMiner

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 04:26:02 PM

A small example:

What you say makes sense of course in theory but in practice you have to consider this: most of the POS crypto assets are MLM shitcoins, and are conceived just to scam people out of their money. At least that's what I saw. I also think that decentralization is better achieved with POW, because everyone (relatively speaking) can join in, not just investors and gamblers.

So maybe it would make sense to have a solution like for taxes just an inversed version. Someone owning few coins gets a higher staking percentage with a steep decline when hodling huge numbers approaching nearly zero.

Mining and investment blog - https://swisscryptominer.blogspot.ch
zcrypts

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:29:55 PM

A small example:

So maybe it would make sense to have a solution like for taxes just an inversed version. Someone owning few coins gets a higher staking percentage with a steep decline when hodling huge numbers approaching nearly zero.

Makes sense, also related to energy efficiency, I would probably ban huge pool mining and encourage solo mining for up to 8 gpus, to limit in some way processing power of each miner.
CoinMenX

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:15:43 PM

can i see white paper at where?
j0v8008

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:08:49 PM

Can Piril be solo mined?

Yes it can.  Mining operation can be established using GETH Fork made for PIRL. PIRL can be downloaded here http://release.pirl.io/downloads/

If you prefer to build - https://github.com/pirl/pirl

j0v8008

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:39:37 PM

PIRL newbie here.

Can you run a masternode on Windows?

What are advantages over ETH, EXP, UBQ, ELLA,...? Why should one invest in PIRL instead of these other coins?

Thanks.

Masternode can only be run on Linux at this time. 
j0v8008

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:54:22 PM

Hi guys, i'm a newbie... I've a problem... from few days my Win wallet give my an error when i lunch it.
This is the error:

Thank all

You shouldn't worry about losing your PIRL, they are on the blockchain.  As long as you have your keystore file you should be fine.  The screenshot you posted still shows Oyster, not Nautilus.

Do you have another coin wallet when starting PIRL wallet?

You can also get additional support by joining the PIRL Discord chat. https://discord.gg/z4faFxD
GianAttila

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:41:52 PM

This is the error:

Thank all

You shouldn't worry about losing your PIRL, they are on the blockchain.  As long as you have your keystore file you should be fine.  The screenshot you posted still shows Oyster, not Nautilus.

You can also get additional support by joining the PIRL Discord chat. https://discord.gg/z4faFxD

Thanks j0v8008 for your answer. I tried to do an experiment. I installed a new wallet in my laptop and I passed the old appdata Pirl folder in it.
Before this I try to start the new wallet, everything is ok, but after passing the folder gives me the same error..
Maybe as a newbie I did not save the right key .. When I installed the wallet I made different accounts and the only key i have belong to an old account. I lost my pirls ??
gurumeditation

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:43:01 PM

This is the error:

Thank all

You shouldn't worry about losing your PIRL, they are on the blockchain.  As long as you have your keystore file you should be fine.  The screenshot you posted still shows Oyster, not Nautilus.

Thanks j0v8008 for your answer. I tried to do an experiment. I installed a new wallet in my laptop and I passed the old appdata Pirl folder in it.
Before this I try to start the new wallet, everything is ok, but after passing the folder gives me the same error..
Maybe as a newbie I did not save the right key .. When I installed the wallet I made different accounts and the only key i have belong to an old account. I lost my pirls ??
You have to copy only the keystore files (located in C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Pirl\keystore), not the entire Appdata folder.
Backup all your keystore files ,delete pirl related folders in AppData, install a clean version of Nautilus, reboot, and import your keystore files. It should work

█▀▀▀██▀▀▀█░░░░    ►    * No ICO | Fair Launch | Bounties          ◄    * Discord
█▄▄▄█▄▀░░░░░░    ►    * The first Ethash Masternode crypto     ◄    * Forums
░░░░░░░▀▄█▄▄▄█    ►    * ASIC-Resistant | PoW GPU Mining       ◄    * Twitter
the.vlado

Activity: 267
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:41:55 PM

I am curious. How do you see profitability of PIRL masternodes?
13 seconds between blocks, 2 PIRL for MN from each block. Looks interesting. Smiley

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
GianAttila

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:40:47 PM

This is the error:

Thank all

You shouldn't worry about losing your PIRL, they are on the blockchain.  As long as you have your keystore file you should be fine.  The screenshot you posted still shows Oyster, not Nautilus.

You have to copy only the keystore files (located in C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Pirl\keystore), not the entire Appdata folder.
Backup all your keystore files ,delete pirl related folders in AppData, install a clean version of Nautilus, reboot, and import your keystore files. It should work
Thank you gurumeditation!!! I import my key when Nautilus ask me to import any wallet file and now it's all ok Grin Grin
Thank you very much!!
greyday

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:25:08 PM

That's not how economics works; in the VERY short term, perhaps. But increased demand for green energy drives demand for production, research, and development into larger and more efficient renewable energy sources. If the demand on the grid suddenly went from 1/4 to 1/2 renewable, you wouldn't have more customers switching back to nuclear, oil, or coal, you'd have more companies developing biomass, hydro, wind, solar, etc.
iwosh

Activity: 238
Merit: 103

Bitcore (BTX) - Airdrops every Monday

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:44:04 PM

haha do you know that feeling when you are looking for something on your PC and you find some wallet of some coin you dont even remember mining? So i found a pirl today, was probably trying to mine it in november... nice to see it is worth 10x more now  Cool

ks11

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:13:49 PM

It is interesting to know when will the full payments on  masternodes.
The Demon Slick

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:00:56 PM

I'm trying to add it to MEW but I'm having a hard time locating the contract address. I used etherscan and got  0x1844b21593262668b7248d0f57a220caaba46ab9 but it's not check summed and mew says it's not valid. Any help for the noob is greatly appreciated. I notice most devs don't feature it prominently in their faqs, it's not just pirl. I know you want us to use your wallet, but it should be a bit easier to find a cut and paste contract address. I looked, I really did.   

This Space Not For Rent
Gambit_fr

Activity: 280
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:42:06 PM

I'm trying to add it to MEW but I'm having a hard time locating the contract address. I used etherscan and got  0x1844b21593262668b7248d0f57a220caaba46ab9 but it's not check summed and mew says it's not valid. Any help for the noob is greatly appreciated. I notice most devs don't feature it prominently in their faqs, it's not just pirl. I know you want us to use your wallet, but it should be a bit easier to find a cut and paste contract address. I looked, I really did.   

It's not an Ethereum token, so you can't just add it to MEW.
It's a clone/fork of Ethereum so a separate blockchain.
If you want a web wallet use this: https://wallet.pirl.io/ which is a clone of MEW for PIRL Wink
The Demon Slick

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:08:40 PM

If you want a web wallet use this: https://wallet.pirl.io/ which is a clone of MEW for PIRL Wink

Damn. Well there goes .2 pirl.
Thanks.
I don't like having to have so many wallets. At least now I know.
Noobs gonna Noob.  Tongue

This Space Not For Rent
DRPD
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

Safekeet

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:19:43 PM

Damn. Well there goes .2 pirl.
Thanks.
I don't like having to have so many wallets. At least now I know.
Noobs gonna Noob.  Tongue

https://wallet.pirl.io/  is pretty simple, the same ui and stuff like mew
you can also import the json file with drag & drop into the lokal NAUTILUS Wallet.

Pretty easy also for noobies  Grin

btw. i really like pirl, the idea and the wallets far. will buy the dips next days/weeks and looking for the mn realease

cheers
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.