Bitcoin Forum
October 18, 2017, 09:32:54 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FutureBit Moonlander 2: The Most Powerful and Efficient USB Stick Miner!  (Read 30115 times)
jstefanop

Activity: 723

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 07:15:40 PM

UPDATE 9/25/17

The final design has been locked in for production next month, and I'm happy to reveal it you all! PCB is a cool matte black design, with the same anodized black aluminum heatsink as the original moonlander. I decided to include both memory voltage adjustment in addition to core voltage, as my tests had an efficiency gain of 10-20% for ASICs that can handle lower memory voltage!

As a super thank you to all who pre-ordered I decided to include a 25mm fan into the cooling solution as well, so no need to come up with clumsy external fan solutions to keep these cool. A top side small ASIC heatsink will also be included to further increase thermal efficiency (it will be black not blue). With this setup I've achieved 1.6W/MH all the way up to 800mhz, which is 4.6 MH of hash power for just 7.5 watts! Pretty impressive for a chip thats designed to do 3.8 MH at the same watts.

Check out the pics below!

UPDATE 9/4/17

Pre-order is now over...please use the below linked pre-order thread for all discussion on order related topics

UPDATE 9/1/17

Official Pre-order has started and links are here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2141261.msg21415891#msg21415891

==============================

Well this one has been a long time coming, but after many months of negotiations, design, and testing I finally have a new USB Stick miner to announce based on a latest gen scrypt chip, that makes this stick one of the most powerful, profitable, and efficient USB Stick miners ever released (even beats bitmain in efficiency with about 1.3 w/mh)!

Like with the original Moonlander project, my goals are the same for this stick and what it means for the crypto community. Build a low cost and easy to use scrypt USB miner that will put mining and Litecoin use into thousands of hands that would have never had the means or experience to do mining before! Except I can hopefully realize this goal this time around, since the original Moonlander project was based on a obsolete chip I happened to get the last remaining stock in, this chip is in full production, and have access to the first batches of chips from the foundry!

So without further ado here is the FutureBit Moonlander 2!

Specs: (these are prototype specs and can change in production version)

- 3mh to 5mh scrypt performance per miner
- uses about 1.5w/mh for most of that range
- core clock from 500mhz to nearly 1GHz!
- fully customizable core voltage range from .6 - 1v
- Fully redesigned 5v->core voltage stage with about 95% efficiency
- Heavy duty/over speced parts were used to ensure wide range of operation (stick can be pushed to nearly 6mh if you can cool it)
- status LEDs for power, TX and RX transmission
- uses latest bfgminer 5.4 for control
- Will work with all Mac OS, Linux, and Windows based PCs, as well as RPi's etc (and I will be offering easy to use pre-compiled binaries)

The Moonlander 2 is over 4x the speed, over 5x the efficiency, and nearly 5x the profitability (if you guys remember when the original moonlander came out, it was doing about $2 a month, this stick is doing almost $10 per month at current price/difficulty). This beats out any other stick miner whether scrypt or any other algo!

Best part is that this stick is consuming under 5 watts at its peak efficiency range (~ 4MH), so unlike the original Moonlander which was nearly impossible to operate without a hub and fan, this stick can easily run on USB 3 power with no fan in the 3-4MH range.

Production:

I am finalizing the PCB/thermal design in the next few weeks, and my chip purchase is scheduled for delivery mid October. Everything should be in order to do a full batch run as soon as I get the chips in October, so shipments will be ready to start probably at the end of October/Early November. I will probably have near final design/prototype units to send out by end of next week.

Pre-Order/Cost:

Just like the original Moonlander I'm more interested in getting mining and crypto out to as many hands as possible than pure profits (so I need you guys to push these out to all your friends for stocking stuffers and introduction crypto/mining!). While id love to keep the price at around $30 like the original, it will unfortunately not be possible this time around since I got the original ASIC for practically free, this time its a brand new ASIC so I'm paying around $15 just for the ASIC alone. Pricing will most likely be in the 50-60 USD range. (Considering my original is still selling for over $50, and this one is way more efficient and profitable I hope you guys still consider this a steal).

Ordering will also be done a little differently this time, since Im a one guy shop, I was pretty overwhelmed in shipping out hundreds of sticks in time for everyone to get them ASAP, and this time the number of sticks will be way more so I have enlisted a few distributors around the world to handle pre-orders and distribution. Most of these guys you already know and trust so hope that wont be an issue. If you are planning on ordering more than 50 sticks, you can still contact me for direct ordering.

USA/Canada/NA will be handled by Scott at HolyBitcoin, and ASICPuppy
Europe and surrounding areas will be handled by Bitshopper.de

As soon as details and price are finalized, I will put up separate thread for ordering and each of these guys will have links up and your will be able to pre-order directly through them (most likely within the next two weeks).

If there is enough interest in additional areas (probably Asia/Australia regions) please contact me if you wish to distribute in those regions.

Keep in mind I will work with the distributors to keep fair launch pricing on the initial batch, but this will be only for the initial pre-order batch, and wont be able to control pricing past this. The initial batch is for about 1-2k units, so if you want to pick one up at the initial pricing I would pre-order.

BIG THANKS to all the original buyers of my Moonlander stick...you guys made #2 possible, and hopefully with the success of Moonlander 2 ill be able to launch even some more interesting projects I'm working on!

Keep hashing and spread the word!

Oh and some screenshots of the device actually hashing

Normal operation at my scypt pool...driver is not complete yet so its not reporting hardware hashrate...pool hashrate is displayed (756 MHz clock @ 6 watts... ~ 1.4 w/mh!)

Stress test...nearly 6MH!

Power draw..5w @ 648 MHz (~3.8 MH/s) = ~1.3w/MH...the most efficient operational ASIC miner in the world!

www.AriseChickun.com 0% fee segwit signaling Litecoin Pool!
FutureBit Moonlander USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1256818.0
LTC:LX5vpxrQE4eLRLPobKwZhw2comkKFCh3p4 - BTC:14w9Lea6kdVzspJk8TQRe7qSYu9LhzJJsh
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
jstefanop

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 07:19:18 PM

RESERVED

FutureBit Moonlander USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1256818.0
jstefanop

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 07:19:28 PM

RESERVED

Tidsdilatation

Activity: 170

"Green Mining 85% Cheaper"

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 07:59:24 PM

Woah great news Cheesy SIGN ME UP!!!

ZSHACK

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 08:07:59 PM

Grin Grin Grin
y2j89

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 08:10:45 PM

Sounds awesome! Will definetely try to get one of those Wink up to 5mhs performance sounds really good considering the "size" of it!

█████████████████████████████▒
               ▒███████████████████████████████▓░
             ▒████▓                         ░▓███▒░░
         ░▒▓████▓░                            ░▓███▓▓▒▒░░
▓▓▓▓▓████████▓▒               ░░░▒▒▒▒▒░         ░▒█████████▓▓▓▓▓
████████▓▒▒░              ░▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒         ░░▒▒████████
▓██▓                   ░▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓███▒░             ███▓
▒███                 ░▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█████▒░         ▓▓█░
░█▓█░               ▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓██░     ▓███░
 ▓██▓             ▒██▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒░  ░▓█▓      ███▓
 ▒█▓█░           ▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░░░░░▒▒░ ░▒░░▓███▓      ▒███▒
  █▓█▓          ▓█▓▒▓▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▓▒▒░░▒▒▓█████░      ███▓
  ▒█▓█░        ░██▓▓▒░░░░░░░░░▒▓▒░ ░░░ ░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓█▒█░     ▓███▒
   ▓▓▓▓        ███▒░░░░░▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓ █░    ▒███▒
   ░▓▓▓▓   ░▒▒ █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▒░▒░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓ ▒█    ░████▒
    ░▓▒▓▒ ░▓████▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒  ██   ░████▒
     ▒▓▓██  ▓████▓▒▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒▒░ ░██▒  ░████▒
      ▓████  ░██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░  ░███▓  ░████░
       ▒████   ▓█▓░█████▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▓████░  ▒████▒
        ░████▒  ▒░   ▒██████▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓██████▓░   ▓████▒
          ████▓         ░▒▓██████████████▓░░    ░████▓
           ▒████▒                              ▓████░
             ▓████░                          ▒████▒
              ░████▓░                      ▒████▓
                ░████▓░                  ▒████▓░
                  ░████▓░              ▒████▓░
                     ░▓████▒          ▓████▒░
                       ░▒████▓░    ▒████▓▒
                          ░▓████▓▓████▓░
                             ▒█████▓░
                               ░▒▒░
✬✬✬✬✬

jsand0113

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 09:07:22 PM

Four reserved!
hunterqian

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 09:40:29 PM

HI, buddy:

I' m come from China , how can I get your USB Miners? or how become your agent in China Smiley

thanks
jstefanop

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 01:09:06 AM

HI, buddy:

I' m come from China , how can I get your USB Miners? or how become your agent in China Smiley

thanks

Just shoot me a PM if your interested in bulk supplying in China...but with your newbie account I wouldnt consider this unless you have an established userbase/website in china that you sell similar products.

SquidConqueror

Activity: 55

Happy to be in the Community! Hi Ya'll!

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 05:35:50 AM

I am wanting some!  Don't forget about the Squid!!  Grin

Hi Ya'll!!!!!!!!
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:06:11 AM

ill take 8 of these.

you said they will be smaller, thinner too? how many can you put on a hub? single space or double space?
vuli

Activity: 183

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 07:34:04 AM

great, I was always interested in such devices but never had a chance to get some. This time I would like to buy 1.
steve666

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:37:42 AM

Hi, I would like to have at least 2 of these  Smiley
doktor83

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:50:13 AM

Interesting project, maybe i'll buy a few of these.
StraabdenDaals

Activity: 39

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 01:25:08 PM

Probably a dumb question (never used Asics, only GPU), but would this be able to be used on any coin using scrypt algo? There are many new altcoins using it and I'd love to be able to use a device like this to speculatively mine early while difficulty is lower.
VictorGT

Activity: 555

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 03:17:22 PM

Four for me please  Kiss

And yes, they will work with any scrypt coin.

InsideCAT, the best disk catalog for Windows. More info www.insidecat.biz
jstefanop

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 03:45:20 PM

Probably a dumb question (never used Asics, only GPU), but would this be able to be used on any coin using scrypt algo? There are many new altcoins using it and I'd love to be able to use a device like this to speculatively mine early while difficulty is lower.

Yes this is what alot of people use USB miners for. This will work with any scypt based coin or pool.

jstefanop

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 03:47:58 PM

ill take 8 of these.

you said they will be smaller, thinner too? how many can you put on a hub? single space or double space?

The final PCB size will be similar to origonal moonlander. Even though this thing sips power on the lower end, it still needs a rather large heatsink for people that want to push it.

Hackelchen

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 04:02:27 PM

I recently just read about the First one, and was frustraded that i was too Late to Order some.
I would Love to take 10 of these.
Igor535

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 06:28:16 PM

Purchase 2 pcs.
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:39:48 PM

ill take 8 of these.

The final PCB size will be similar to origonal moonlander. Even though this thing sips power on the lower end, it still needs a rather large heatsink for people that want to push it.

sweet i cant wait to get my hands on these, i love the 1st gen ones..

im going to have to get 2 more superbpag hubs so ill have 8 1st gen and 8 2nd gen..

will they use the same driver for bfgminer and run at the same time?
jstefanop

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 04:00:23 AM

ill take 8 of these.

im going to have to get 2 more superbpag hubs so ill have 8 1st gen and 8 2nd gen..

hmm didnt not think about that kind of use case...the drivers are actually not compatible either way, since ASICs are completely different. Youll most likely need to launch two diffrent instances of bfgminer to run them together.

bitcoindev2014

Activity: 63

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 04:06:16 AM

do you offer affiliate program ^^
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 04:13:28 AM

ill take 8 of these.

hmm didnt not think about that kind of use case...the drivers are actually not compatible either way, since ASICs are completely different. Youll most likely need to launch two diffrent instances of bfgminer to run them together.

hmm ill have to check it out.. so you are saying you cant just enable futurbit and futurbit2 and compile with both drivers?
jstefanop

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 04:40:22 PM

do you offer affiliate program ^^

Not personally, but im sure my distributors would be interested if you can send more sales their way.

jstefanop

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 04:45:35 PM

ill take 8 of these.

hmm ill have to check it out.. so you are saying you cant just enable futurbit and futurbit2 and compile with both drivers?

I could main issue is that Luke wants me to merge this driver into mainline, and it would not be very clean two have two separate drivers for the same "product" on the mainline branch. Im still working on the driver since right now it just has basic functionality. Ill re-think how I want to approach supporting both sticks. Either way I can always release merged driver on my repo, and have just Moonlander 2 support going foward on Luke's main branch.

aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 05:06:53 PM

ill take 8 of these.

I could main issue is that Luke wants me to merge this driver into mainline, and it would not be very clean two have two separate drivers for the same "product" on the mainline branch. Im still working on the driver since right now it just has basic functionality. Ill re-think how I want to approach supporting both sticks. Either way I can always release merged driver on my repo, and have just Moonlander 2 support going foward on Luke's main branch.

it would be cool if you can put v1 and v2 on the main branch so i can update bfgminer for the v1 sticks..

i tried to copy and paste the futurebit.c driver in the newest bfgminer but it wouldnt compile.

i didnt really try too hard tho cause its working and i didnt want to break anything on my rpi.
rshade98

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 10:03:31 PM

I will take 2, will there be an order cut off date?
jstefanop

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 10:29:36 PM

I will take 2, will there be an order cut off date?

Once pre-orders open end of this week they will remain open until the initial batch is sold out. Cant really say how long that will last, but the original sold out of the roughly 1k units pretty quickly...probably will be even faster this time around.

sil2222

Activity: 91

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 12:53:46 AM

Ill take 2 .When do you think this will be posted for pre sale on Holybitcoin?
Demi_Q

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 01:37:26 AM

I'll take 4 please!
Miningtry

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 03:11:37 AM

So how much of those FutureBit Moonlander 2 i will need to match Antminer L3+, 504MH/s.?
sunk818

Activity: 47

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 05:59:08 AM

Have you considered Amazon FBA? Not the cheapest but they scale well. If you need help shipping product, I'd be happy to help in California. I used to run a mail order e-commerce business so I know how to ship in bulk.

I'd like two.

Do you prioritize individuals that order low quantity first or is this first come first served? Im just curious how you might handle not enough supply for demand.
terrence2074

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 06:08:10 AM

reserve 5
mrgoldy

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:05:05 AM

woohooo!
Way to go!

I'm in for 8
4 for myself and 4 I plan to give out at xmas time
ultralord

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:34:28 AM

Awesome. I got one of the version 1 moonlanders. Can't wait to try out this new batch.
n00bminer

Activity: 104

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:46:45 AM

Can't wait
blitzwilli

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:52:25 AM

ich mφchte 5 Stόck

cryptocoinchecker

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 11:20:49 AM

Great announcement Smiley

Love to hear that.

I would like to preorder 60 sticks for the start.

I will shoot you a pm, with a few questions.

Greetings from Austria Smiley
wwonka36

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 12:40:57 PM

Definitely want to reserve 5. Look forward to update.
Fenboy

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 06:05:00 PM

Want to order 2 of these.

Can then retire my 5.8MHs (100w) G-Blade!
jstefanop

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 06:46:24 PM

Have you considered Amazon FBA? Not the cheapest but they scale well. If you need help shipping product, I'd be happy to help in California. I used to run a mail order e-commerce business so I know how to ship in bulk.

I'd like two.

Do you prioritize individuals that order low quantity first or is this first come first served? Im just curious how you might handle not enough supply for demand.

Thanks, but I have HolyBitcoin and ASICPuppy handling distribution in NA for me. The pre-order is first come first serve for low quantity orders. My distributors have enough units to handle the demand, but these will most likely sell out regardless since I can't make tens of thousands like Bitmain :p Hopefully after this run ill have enough resources to expand production and order more chips Smiley

For everyone posting how many they want, while I appreciate the interest, keep in mind that I'm not handling the pre-orders directly like I posted, keep an eye out in this thread this week. ill give at least a 24 hour notice before pre-order links go up, and its first come first serve as soon as the links go live.

jstefanop

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 06:47:24 PM

Want to order 2 of these.

Can then retire my 5.8MHs (100w) G-Blade!

Yea its pretty crazy that this single chip can hash just as fast as the G-blades from a few years ago at under 10 watts Cheesy

nomoco

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 06:55:11 PM

Hi,
still love my old moonlander an want to order 2 of the new ones!
ciderking

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:06:00 PM

Woohoo! I'm totally buying!  Grin
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:13:54 PM

I'd like two.

Thanks, but I have HolyBitcoin and ASICPuppy handling distribution in NA for me. The pre-order is first come first serve for low quantity orders. My distributors have enough units to handle the demand, but these will most likely sell out regardless since I can't make tens of thousands like Bitmain :p Hopefully after this run ill have enough resources to expand production and order more chips Smiley

For everyone posting how many they want, while I appreciate the interest, keep in mind that I'm not handling the pre-orders directly like I posted, keep an eye out in this thread this week. ill give at least a 24 hour notice before pre-order links go up, and its first come first serve as soon as the links go live.

this preorder, is the payment going to be in ltc or btc?
rshade98

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:00:03 PM

Will these work with pine64? Also what is the best superpbag for these?
IT_AEX

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:18:16 PM

Congratz on your new product!
Looking forward to see more and newer versions coming on Smiley

If I would want a couple of these delivered to Mexico, which is the process/vendor?

Genesis 3:19
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:43:07 PM

i have no idea but i have 2 of these that have 4 1st gen moonlanders on them. running overclocked to 1mhs each..
https://www.amazon.com/Superbpag-Portable-Charger-Transfer-Samsung/dp/B013OK10YM
StraabdenDaals

Activity: 39

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 11:50:38 PM

Yes this is what alot of people use USB miners for. This will work with any scypt based coin or pool.

Perfect! OP, I'd love to order 3.
tremas

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:34:57 AM

Hello how many usb can work by computer, if you can connect all you want, I would like to order 20
jstefanop

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:25:03 AM

Hello how many usb can work by computer, if you can connect all you want, I would like to order 20

If you have multiple hubs you can connect as many as you can :p Keep in mind that if you run these at the higher end they will draw 5-10 watts so you need a powered USB hub to run them reliably.

bgdmxd

Activity: 63

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:05:19 AM

Cool! If it doesn't get sold out too fast, I will definitely order a couple.
maxfunky

Activity: 135

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 08:08:53 AM

Roll Eyes I'm in for 10x in QC, Canada.

Shamael

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 08:20:44 AM

Sign me up for 5 of these please ! Cheesy
crytotronik

https://wcex.co/?ref=nIDSvNFA

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 08:54:50 AM

I would buy 5-10 shipping to germany.

Fingers crossed I'm "in"

buzzkillb

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 09:25:23 AM

Always wanted a USB miner to play around with. Can't wait to get a few of these.  Smiley
naz5481

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 09:27:54 AM

i want 2 for trying...
how I want to get it..?

i from Malaysia..
hanskan

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:06:20 AM

Can you stick it any and all available USB port on the computer ? So roughly 6-8 per computer ? Discounts on bulk buy ? And by bulk i only mean 100+ ?
I have quite a few rigs, would be nice to fill all USB ports with these sticks.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
Holie

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:17:45 AM

That's great!! Will it work with any OS?
Where can I place my order? Awesome project! I love it!!

coinfoundry

Activity: 70

POOLMINING.ORG

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 11:37:19 AM

I would buy 5-10 shipping to germany.

Fingers crossed I'm "in"

I wouldn't worry about that. He actually listed a german distributor in his initial post: Bitshopper.de

Now, I need to decide wether to order a couple of  them as well. I totally dig DIY projects like this.  Cool

POOLMINING.ORG | A FRIENDLY AND RELIABLE MINING POOL FOR ETHEREUM, MONERO, LITECOIN, DASH, ETHEREUM CLASSIC AND EXPANSE
Cemalefendi

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:11:04 PM

i sended pm. already i want buy these stick. please send me details. when release etc.....
soulful100

Activity: 38

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:20:59 PM

I would love to reserve 1 of these, but do you sell to the SEA-region ? Huh
SUKY2217

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:01:13 PM

SING me in for 1 very amazing that littel usb what he can do:D i wana test it

[url=https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=X
add0nis

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:10:30 PM

Awesome.
Sing me in!
Will buy at least 2 of these litte guys
lexele

Activity: 144

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:23:02 PM

that looks nice, I've never tried an asic before , but I would certainly give a go to this If I can get somme.
A low energie miner (with a rasperry pi), my dream.
rshade98

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:47:34 PM

i have no idea but i have 2 of these that have 4 1st gen moonlanders on them. running overclocked to 1mhs each..
https://www.amazon.com/Superbpag-Portable-Charger-Transfer-Samsung/dp/B013OK10YM

Thanks man, that is the exact model I was looking at.
crytotronik

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 02:16:05 PM

Sweet USB Miner. Reminds me on old times. I have some decoration on my desk which could be the grandfather of USB Miners.

Here it is...my little Bitfury BF-X2

dragonmike

Activity: 448

Genesis Vision - ICO is live!

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:44:39 PM

6 months to break even... at fixed difficulty. Nah, thx. But 5/7 for effort.

senthai

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 03:30:18 PM

I want to order 10 to Germany. Is this possible?
jstefanop

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 03:38:14 PM

I don't currently have an Asia region distributor, but all my distributors can ship anywhere, it will just cost a bit to ship worldwide.

jstefanop

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 03:46:25 PM

6 months to break even... at fixed difficulty. Nah, thx. But 5/7 for effort.

The utility of these can't really be measure in months to ROI Wink They are designed for people that don't have the means, or can't have a huge loud hot miner in their room. Its a great way to get into mining, learn about crypto, and get your friends into mining and spear the word about Litecoin etc.

With that being said these are definitely the most profitable USB miners in recent memory. My original moonlander I think had a 10 month + ROI on launch, and the only other USB miner on the market is Sidehacks that does about $1 per month in BTC profit.

wvtn

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:40:35 PM

Will be trying to order about 2-3 in Canada
Looking forward to the official ANN!
fvineyard

Activity: 105

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:45:30 PM

Congratz on the new release!

I would like to reserve 2 units please.

Wwac

Activity: 85

Hostyourminer.com (Coming soon)

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 06:46:38 PM

is it possible to run more units at same device? or do they need their own OS?

Hostyourminer.com (Coming soon)

Makes hosting a single miner profitable!
siforek

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:38:26 PM

I'd like 2-3 of these. Looking forward to trying them out Smiley Good job dude!
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:51:11 PM

I'm in for a few.  Watching for final pricing and pre-order info...

M

I'm X-Fueled.  Are you?  I mine BTC at Kano's Pool, the best BTC pool on the planet!
Tip for NiceHash: use their wallet to decrease fees!  Check out Helium!  Referral for Cryptopia.
QuintLeo

Activity: 854

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 08:08:26 PM

I was going to ask about LINUX support, but then I noticed the style of the terminal window.

OK, so sue me for missing the "support" line the first time around.

9-)

Based on the stats, I'm guessing the Innosilicon A4's ASIC chip at the core of this?

jstefanop

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:43:59 PM

I was going to ask about LINUX support, but then I noticed the style of the terminal window.

OK, so sue me for missing the "support" line the first time around.

9-)

Based on the stats, I'm guessing the Innosilicon A4's ASIC chip at the core of this?

Yes, like usual you can use my repo to compile bfgminer driver, or use the pre-compiled Windows/Mac/Linux binaries I will provide when these ship.

jstefanop

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:17:52 PM

Quick update!

Final component selection/testing is complete on the dev board, and just finished semi-final production PCB design (check out render below). Hopefully ill have the real thing to show you guys by friday/monday. My distributors are on track to start pre-orders on Friday.

soifigured

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:25:37 PM

I didn't see it addressed in the OP.  For those people who wish to order 50+ sticks, how will you be taking payment?
sunk818

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:41:40 PM

When do you expect the pre-orders will actually ship? Will it be based on how many pre-orders your receive?
VoskCoin

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 11:47:34 PM

Glad to see a unique product coming out, hope this is met with great success to fund your future developments!

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
jstefanop

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:52:43 PM

I didn't see it addressed in the OP.  For those people who wish to order 50+ sticks, how will you be taking payment?

We are all here for one reason, and I'm building these to advance and spread mining/crypto to as many people as possible so you can take a guess on the only form of payment I accept Wink

jstefanop

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:55:28 PM

When do you expect the pre-orders will actually ship? Will it be based on how many pre-orders your receive?

Its all in my main post...only thing holding these from being produced right now is waiting for the chips to be fabricated from he foundry. Chip production is still on schedule and will be shipped to me mid-october. Barring an unforeseen delays ill be able to start shipments shortly after I receive the chips, since PCBs and components will be ordered ahead of time.

soifigured

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 12:26:38 AM

I didn't see it addressed in the OP.  For those people who wish to order 50+ sticks, how will you be taking payment?

We are all here for one reason, and I'm building these to advance and spread mining/crypto to as many people as possible so you can take a guess on the only from of payment I accept Wink

Ahhhhh I Gotcha, but that's a lot of doge...
ahselvi

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 12:30:43 AM

I'm looking forward to it.
jstefanop

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:27:14 AM

We are all here for one reason, and I'm building these to advance and spread mining/crypto to as many people as possible so you can take a guess on the only form of payment I accept Wink

Ahhhhh I Gotcha, but that's a lot of doge...

Yes minimum ONE MILLION DOGE per stick Cheesy

QuintLeo

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:56:39 AM

I didn't see it addressed in the OP.  For those people who wish to order 50+ sticks, how will you be taking payment?

It's Scrypt, so any Scrypt coin should work?

8-P
big-j-crypto

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:25:39 AM

Wow, I'm definitely in for a couple!
radiera

Green Mining 85% Cheaper

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 09:58:43 AM

when sale moonlander 2 ? or need waiting list ? ty

djbabu

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:09:25 AM

Hi,

sorry newbie here ,  Can i use it with nichhash ? in single pc or laptop how many USB miner i can plug ?

Thanks
Domomo

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:10:13 AM

Will try to get some for sure...
What about the moonlander 3 ?  Grin
djbabu

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:18:14 AM

I don't currently have an Asia region distributor, but all my distributors can ship anywhere, it will just cost a bit to ship worldwide.

What is needed to became SE Distributor ?

Thanks
xgtele

Activity: 285

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 11:10:27 AM

Nice! Gimme 2:)
Bipattes

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 11:27:11 AM

Let me reserve 1 or 2 please  Grin
org0x004

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 11:41:18 AM

Is the presale already started?
MrEHQE

Activity: 188

https://www.larvalabs.com/cryptopunks/details/9724

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 01:03:55 PM

Please reserve 2 for me, please

Open Bazaar strore: ob://QmTAueKBGV5QnNwmwpmhAVKfCvxxsQsT4CTnSsnKuacGug/store
steemit blog:
https://steemit.com/@mrehqe
Morguk

Activity: 487

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:11:59 PM

I want one.

Hopefully Bitshopper can keep the costs down a bit as usually they are a lot more expensive than just importing it from the US.
org0x004

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:47:18 PM

Can I have 8 reserved for me please?
Cryptoji

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:49:10 PM

Very interesting product, sounds great!

I have sent you a PM with interest in distributorship for India (Asia).

Waiting for more updates on pre-order.

PoSToken - First PoS Token|Free Airdrop|No ICO
Coin++

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 03:37:53 PM

Very interesting product !
We are waiting since a long time for a performing USB stick :-).

I want to some, perhaps 5 (depends of definitive features/performances).
Waiting for more updates on pre-order.

thedue

Activity: 506

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 03:50:26 PM

Man this is absolutely amazing  Grin
I΄m going to order at least 5 pieces... will talk to bitshopper now  Wink

Thanks for your work and keeping the price low!

Cortez7575

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 03:54:35 PM

Sounds good. I need some.

pinoycash

Activity: 588

pinoybizblog.com | onionportal.com

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 04:18:51 PM

How to reserve?

is this post considered a reservation? If yes, i want to order 5 Sticks..

And ship to Philippines... When do we need to pay for this pre-order? so i can prepare money for this one.

CHANGE FINANCE First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
Pulsador

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 04:46:51 PM

hi,

I want to reserve 50 in bitshopper.de

thanks
n3xtprofit

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 05:01:01 PM

Res for 8 please.  I will also be trying at http://holybitcoin.com/.
jstefanop

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:38:38 PM

Guys please read the OP, most of your questions are answered there. Once again I'm not handling small orders, and posting in this thread does not guarantee you any units. Links will be posted tomorrow around 12PM EST from my distributors handling the shipments. This is the only way to order and guarantee you can get a stick at the launch price.

It will be first come first serve, and keep in mind I have made a deal with them to keep the price close to what I would have sold direct for only the first couple hundred units they have. After that I can't control the price.

I will update OP with final pre-order/launch pricing in a bit.

jstefanop

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 08:18:47 PM

I want one.

Hopefully Bitshopper can keep the costs down a bit as usually they are a lot more expensive than just importing it from the US.

Price will be comparable to what it would cost me to ship a unit out to EU + import taxes etc.

jstefanop

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 08:21:12 PM

Hi,

sorry newbie here ,  Can i use it with nichhash ? in single pc or laptop how many USB miner i can plug ?

Thanks

Yes these will work with any scrypt mining pool. You can plug in as many USB ports as you have :p

What most people do is buy a multiport hub to plug them into. You'll probably need a USB extension cable to fit them all on there, and keep in mind you need at least 2A per port to power them at full power.

klaaas

Activity: 546

ACE - AD Campaign Experts : beat the competition !

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 09:40:25 PM

Count me in for some sticks'
bitshopper: ''The initial batch will be sold in a coordinated pre-sales campaign for a special price.''

▄█████▄
        ▄█████████▄
      ▄████▀   ▀████▄
    ▄████▀   ▄ ▄█▀████▄
  ▄████▀   ▄███▀   ▀████▄
▄████▀   ▄███▀   ▄   ▀████▄
█████   ███▀   ▄███   █████
▀████▄   ▀██▄▄███▀   ▄████▀
  ▀████▄   ▀███▀   ▄████▀
    ▀████▄       ▄████▀
      ▀████▄   ▄████▀
        ▀███  ████▀
          ▀█▄███▀
|
|
          ▄█████▄
        ▄█████████▄
      ▄████▀   ▀████▄
    ▄████▀   ▄ ▄█▀████▄
  ▄████▀   ▄███▀   ▀████▄
  ▀████▄   ▀███▀   ▄████▀
    ▀████▄       ▄████▀
      ▀████▄   ▄████▀
        ▀███  ████▀
          ▀█▄███▀
unthy
Dedewahyu

Activity: 98

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 12:58:17 AM

Can i order 5-10 stick Shipp to Indonesia?

________Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency________
█████████ ██ ███ ██      PUNDI X      ██ ███ ██ █████████
Whitepaper     Twitter     Facebook     Telegram     Medium     Youtube
dafew

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 01:08:46 AM

I'll take 5 of these. Thanks.

Lafu

Activity: 574

www.cryptopia.co.nz

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 02:35:01 AM

Reserv me 2 Sticks ! Awesome

▄███████▄ 
                      ███████████   
                     █████████████   
          ▄████████▄  ███████████   
         ████████████  ▀███████▀  
        ██████████████ 
         ████████████  ▄████████▄  
          ▀████████▀  ████████████
                     ██████████████ 
                      ████████████
                       ▀████████▀

..Cryptopia..██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.★★★ Cryptocurrency Platform Services ★★★ 
...Exchange | Mineshaft |  Marketplace | Rewards | CoinInfo 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.f. ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████████████
█████████▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀██▀██████████
█████████  ▀████████          ▀█████████
██████████    ▀▀████          ██████████
█████████▀▀                  ███████████
██████████                  ▄███████████
███████████▀               ▄████████████
████████████▄▄▄           ▄█████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀         ▄▄████████████████
███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
       ███  ██
       ███  ██
  ██████████████
  ████████████████▄
  ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀███████
     █████     ██████
     █████▄▄▄▄█████▀
     ████████████████
     █████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
     █████      ██████
     █████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
  ███████████████████
  ██████████████
       ███  ██
       ███  ██
Adison74

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:29:58 AM

i want to place order. Pls email to me procedure chan.adison@gmail.com
soifigured

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:27:32 AM

i want to place order. Pls email to me procedure chan.adison@gmail.com

You might want to look in the original post for ordering instructions.
jstefanop

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:41:32 AM

OP has been updated with final pricing and start time...see below:

Pre-order will officially go live tomorrow(or I guess today now), Friday Sept 1st at 12PM Eastern (GMT - 5). Pre-order links from my distributors will go live at that time, and I will post a separate thread Pre-order thread in the marketplace section.

Keep in mind that with every moonlander you buy, 10-20% of my personal profits will go directly to the Litecoin Foundation, to further drive this awesome growth we have had with Litecoin this year(keep an eye out for a Moonlander tweet by Charlie tomorrow)!

Final Pre-order pricing is a follows:

For North America
Holybitcoin.com and Asicpuppy.com: 59 USD + shipping

Europe and surrounding countries
Bitshopper.de: 64 EUR + shipping

EU pricing covers all import and sales taxes, and certifications required to sell electronics in EU.

Asia/Australia/South America

I will handle most of these sales: 59 USD + shipping, MOQ 10 pieces

I have enough stock to handle a couple hundred additional sales, but I cant ship 1 or 2 to individuals internationally...It does not make sense shipping wise (will cost over 20 USD in just shipping for one unit). I suggest people looking for 1 or two sticks to form group buys by trusted members in your respective region subforums, and have the group buy leader contact me with final numbers. The trust of the group buyer is entirely up to you guys.

Pre-order pricing will only last for the initial units sold, and cant guarantee price will last once pre-order is over.

DO NOT contact me for sales in the NA/EUR regions covered by distributors unless you want 50+ units. They have put in alot of work and cash upfront to make this work smoothly for everyone, and I wont be selling at lower price directly.

Thanks again for all your support so far!...im excited that you guys are even more excited than me about these Smiley

bubba1942

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 05:07:55 AM

When's the ETA on release date? not just preorder...
Xircom

Activity: 896

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 08:05:51 AM

Bitshopper says "out of Stock"
Is it possible for me to buy 10 pcs direct then ?

BTC: 1MyJmxS9ER5ZBNvpG3LhoUXGotpzbPowed
ukfatboy

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 09:10:50 AM

Sent PM.

Get Free ONION https://deeponion.org/apply TOR Int
Bipattes

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 09:37:17 AM

Can someone from the EU buy 50 or more of them to resell ? I'm sure a lot of Europeans still want some ! I will buy 1 if it is possible  Grin
dragonmike

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 09:53:40 AM

EUR 64 + shipping huh. That's $80 a pop.
That's a year to break even at current difficulty levels.

Think long and hard, guys.

radiera

Green Mining 85% Cheaper

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:06:49 AM

this can buy under 10 in asia ?

or have onyone make grup buy for asia ?

Cortez7575

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:36:36 AM

I want to buy, but Bitshopper.de out of stock   Sad

MacEntyre

Activity: 57

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 12:01:07 PM

EU Sales will start at 6 PM CEST (UTC +2). In the shop it will be shown as "Out of stock" as long as sales didn't start.

MacEntyre
bitshopper.de
org0x004

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 02:38:57 PM

EU Sales will start at 6 PM CEST (UTC +2). In the shop it will be shown as "Out of stock" as long as sales didn't start.

MacEntyre
bitshopper.de

How much is the shipping?
Suntzu88

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:53:39 PM

I would be interested in 10 pcs, in the USA
jstefanop

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:57:11 PM

Pre-Order starts in in a few minutes guys...keep an eye here and marketplace for direct links.

Good luck!

jstefanop

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:03:07 PM

Pre-order links are up and Live!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2141261.msg21415891#msg21415891

crytotronik

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 04:29:10 PM

Sold out in 3 minutes!

I managed to put 10 into my basket. While I prepared the payment, shop-system told me "out of stock". Not sure about those 10. They should be reserved while I try to pay the invoice. I hope to be one of the Lucky Guys.

mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:30:46 PM

Sold out in 3 minutes!

I managed to put 10 into my basket. While I prepared the payment, shop-system told me "out of stock". Not sure about those 10. They should be reserved while I try to pay the invoice. I hope to be one of the Lucky Guys.

I got some from ASICPuppy.  Theirs were slightly cheaper -- without the 0.97 -- but shipping was a little more.  Either way, I got some.

M

I'm X-Fueled.  Are you?  I mine BTC at Kano's Pool, the best BTC pool on the planet!
Tip for NiceHash: use their wallet to decrease fees!  Check out Helium!  Referral for Cryptopia.
QuadraQ

Activity: 461

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:34:59 PM

Bought 10. But how thick is it? In other words how many USB hubs will this take?

Lafu

Activity: 574

www.cryptopia.co.nz

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 04:39:46 PM

I get 2 of them wooot  !!!!! 

▄███████▄ 
                      ███████████   
                     █████████████   
          ▄████████▄  ███████████   
         ████████████  ▀███████▀  
        ██████████████ 
         ████████████  ▄████████▄  
          ▀████████▀  ████████████
                     ██████████████ 
                      ████████████
                       ▀████████▀

..Cryptopia..██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.★★★ Cryptocurrency Platform Services ★★★ 
...Exchange | Mineshaft |  Marketplace | Rewards | CoinInfo 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.f. ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
█████████▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀██▀██████████
█████████  ▀████████          ▀█████████
██████████    ▀▀████          ██████████
█████████▀▀                  ███████████
██████████                  ▄███████████
███████████▀               ▄████████████
████████████▄▄▄           ▄█████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀         ▄▄████████████████
███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
       ███  ██
       ███  ██
  ██████████████
  ████████████████▄
  ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀███████
     █████     ██████
     █████▄▄▄▄█████▀
     ████████████████
     █████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
     █████      ██████
     █████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
  ███████████████████
  ██████████████
       ███  ██
       ███  ██
wwonka36

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 05:04:43 PM

Managed to get a few, Thanks! Look forward to them.
jstefanop

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 05:05:59 PM

bitshopper is back online and can take more orders.

StashCoin

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:44:13 PM

I get 2 of them wooot  !!!!! 

Nice one. Wink

www.cryptopia.co.nz
soulful100

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:39:23 AM

Man this thing sold out fast  Grin
benjamin07

Activity: 163

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 12:44:37 PM

What better product is there? (the OP says they are even more efficient than Bitmain)

EDIT: I understand ROI vs difficulty and these are not in one's control (can't keep more people from coming on board). The difficulty will increase in when all these USBs hit the market but I expect the opposite as the older versions become less and less profitable the owners will pull the plug.
klaaas

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:51:20 PM

Still some around at bitshopper ; )

▄█████▄
        ▄█████████▄
      ▄████▀   ▀████▄
    ▄████▀   ▄ ▄█▀████▄
  ▄████▀   ▄███▀   ▀████▄
  ▀████▄   ▀███▀   ▄████▀
    ▀████▄       ▄████▀
      ▀████▄   ▄████▀
        ▀███  ████▀
          ▀█▄███▀
|
|
          ▄█████▄
        ▄█████████▄
      ▄████▀   ▀████▄
    ▄████▀   ▄ ▄█▀████▄
  ▄████▀   ▄███▀   ▀████▄
  ▀████▄   ▀███▀   ▄████▀
    ▀████▄       ▄████▀
      ▀████▄   ▄████▀
        ▀███  ████▀
          ▀█▄███▀
unthy
n00bminer

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 02:45:12 PM

Do we know the outer dimensions yet? length, width, circumference, outer diameter? I need to develop some sort of rack to hold a few in place for airflow while using extended cables for the hub.
ivymoss

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 02:53:56 PM

Hi all. For running these, is there any reason to get the usb 3.0 plugable (https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-SuperSpeed-Charging-Adapter-Support/dp/B00RM5OF70/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1504363970&sr=8-4&keywords=plugable+usb+3.0+hub) instead of the usb 2.0 plugable (https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Charging-Adapter-Support-Android/dp/B00L2LK164)?
jstefanop

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:30:46 PM

Your second link does not work (page not found) but the OP is shipping the devices with a USB 2.0 connector so even if your hub is 3.0, the miners will not have the additional pins to the USB 3.0-specific protocol. But the 3.0 only if you want future proofing but I would recommend getting the USB 2.0.

Actually you WANT a 3.0 hub, since these hubs are usually rated for 1+ Amps. Even though the miner does not use 3.0 data speeds, it does pull alot of power for USB obviously, so a 2.0 hub might not provide enough power.

jstefanop

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:32:32 PM

Do we know the outer dimensions yet? length, width, circumference, outer diameter? I need to develop some sort of rack to hold a few in place for airflow while using extended cables for the hub.

Demensions are very similar to original moonlander

Width: 25mm, Length: 58mm, Hight with heatsink will be about 20-30mm (still finalizing heatsink design for these). Components on other side of PCB stick out another 5mm or so.

Cortez7575

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:16:07 PM

Still some around at bitshopper ; )

Thank you!

benjamin07

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:42:12 PM

Your second link does not work (page not found) but the OP is shipping the devices with a USB 2.0 connector so even if your hub is 3.0, the miners will not have the additional pins to the USB 3.0-specific protocol. But the 3.0 only if you want future proofing but I would recommend getting the USB 2.0.

Actually you WANT a 3.0 hub, since these hubs are usually rated for 1+ Amps. Even though the miner does not use 3.0 data speeds, it does pull alot of power for USB obviously, so a 2.0 hub might not provide enough power.

Question 1
Thank you for the clarification, I deleted my message to avoid confusion but can you please clarify/recommend what to use to get the maximym power?

From what I gathered in the OP @ 1.5W per MH/s:

Hashing SpeedPower Amps
2 MH/s2 x 1.5 W = 3 W 3 W / 5V = 0.6 A
3 MH/s3 x 1.5 W = 4.5 W 4.5 W / 5V = 0.9 A
5 MH/s5 x 1.5 W = 7.5 W 7.5 W / 5V = 1.5 A
6 MH/s6 x 1.5 W = 9 W 9 W / 5V = 1.8 A

It seems that a normal USB 3.0 with 900 mA can only drive the unit at 3 MH/s steady state, anything above that will need a powered USB hub as "Y" cables don't work in USBs.

The hub in the amazon link was 7 ports 60 W = 8.5 W per port so it can drive the unit up to theoretical speed 8.5 / 1.5 = 5.7 MHs

Is this correct?

Question 2
In your demo screen the title bar states ... "ethminer" can these sticks be used for anything other than scrypt?
tremas

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 07:33:48 AM

Question 1
Thank you for the clarification, I deleted my message to avoid confusion but can you please clarify/recommend what to use to get the maximym power?

Hashing SpeedPower Amps

It seems that a normal USB 3.0 with 900 mA can only drive the unit at 3 MH/s steady state, anything above that will need a powered USB hub as "Y" cables don't work in USBs.

The hub in the amazon link was 7 ports 60 W = 8.5 W per port so it can drive the unit up to theoretical speed 8.5 / 1.5 = 5.7 MHs

Is this correct?

Question 2
In your demo screen the title bar states ... "ethminer" can these sticks be used for anything other than scrypt?

Question 1 is very interesting because in bitshooper.de ORICO 10 Ports only has 36 W. The power is 36 W. The current is 12V3A. The output current is approximately 500 mA per slots. The consumption as much as 1.3 W or 1,5 W, also a lot of difference in the consumption, Anker 9-Port I have only found 7 ports and 900 mAh output that puts it in the bone description that would not reach 1 , 5 A output would be 900mAh. The question is whether they can reach 6 Mh / s or the maximum is 5Mh / s. The solution would be to buy more hubs and not connect the maximum of slots, then we would earn the W we need to run to more Mh / s or what would be the solution to get the maximum power mine @Jstefanop. because searching the internet I found a hub that gives 1.8 A per exit but it is quite expensive 50 € plus shipping 42 € (7 days of arrival seller's guarantee but they will refund the money). Because if it can reach 6Mh / s and 1.5W per Mh / s it would be 1.8 A, if it could reach more than 6mh / s, if it is as you say with this device I have found it would be 7mh / s and 1.3W per Mh / s would be 1.82, then we would burn very close to 7mh / s exactly 6.92 mh/s for each moonloader 2 it would be very interesting to respond, and as I do I do what is the maximum power that has 5mh / s to take 5mh / s we would need outputs of 1.3A. Which hub we need to get maximum mining power.If it is correct by private I can send the model of the hub and confirm me if it would be compatible with moonloader 2
 Thank you

Qeustion 2 i thinks is user of ubuntu you serch
QuintLeo

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 07:34:35 AM

USB 3.0 spec is for a max of 900 ma (0.9 amps) of 5V supply - there are variant "charging" USB 3 ports that are designed for higher though, but not all motherboards have them and not all that DO have them have all of the ports as "charging" capable.

Powered hubs would be a better option.

On a separate subject, is there any chance of a "pod" or "blade" version of this, along the lines of the old Gridseed GC3344 based units?

klaaas

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:01:36 AM

Man this thing sold out fast  Grin

Max you can add to your cart on the moment is 253 pieces.

▄█████▄
        ▄█████████▄
      ▄████▀   ▀████▄
    ▄████▀   ▄ ▄█▀████▄
  ▄████▀   ▄███▀   ▀████▄
  ▀████▄   ▀███▀   ▄████▀
    ▀████▄       ▄████▀
      ▀████▄   ▄████▀
        ▀███  ████▀
          ▀█▄███▀
|
|
          ▄█████▄
        ▄█████████▄
      ▄████▀   ▀████▄
    ▄████▀   ▄ ▄█▀████▄
  ▄████▀   ▄███▀   ▀████▄
  ▀████▄   ▀███▀   ▄████▀
    ▀████▄       ▄████▀
      ▀████▄   ▄████▀
        ▀███  ████▀
          ▀█▄███▀
unthy
jstefanop

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 02:41:45 AM

Question 1

Hashing SpeedPower Amps

Is this correct?

Question 2

The 1.5w/MH figure does not scale. For example at about 3MH its 1.3w/MH, but at 5 MH it approaches 2w/MH. The 6MH is also not sustainable long term...that was me just showing how far the hardware can be pushed.

Ethminer is just the hostname of one of my dev systems (that also happens to mine ethereum with its GPU). Has nothing to do with this stick and it can only mine scrypt coins.

jstefanop

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 02:43:28 AM

USB 3.0 spec is for a max of 900 ma (0.9 amps) of 5V supply - there are variant "charging" USB 3 ports that are designed for higher though, but not all motherboards have them and not all that DO have them have all of the ports as "charging" capable.

On a separate subject, is there any chance of a "pod" or "blade" version of this, along the lines of the old Gridseed GC3344 based units?

I have to ship out all these sticks you guys ordered first Wink Definitely stay tuned though...this pre-order was  massive success and wont be stopping here Smiley

aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 03:33:06 AM

I have to ship out all these sticks you guys ordered first Wink Definitely stay tuned though...this pre-order was  massive success and wont be stopping here Smiley

if you get enough chips you should think about boards to fit in old s3 and s5 antminers..
id love to refit my old s3 into a scrypt miner
soulful100

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 04:40:12 AM

For those that aren't able to place a pre-order, when's the next estimated date the Moonlander 2 would be available again?
benjamin07

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 07:15:27 AM

I did not receive instructions how to send the payment for the preorder (?), just saying it here in case others have not received instructions as well
Astrali

Activity: 87

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 03:30:39 PM

would have bought 2 more before its sold out but payment option paypal just vanished - wrote mail to receive support - sold out.
Damn! Cheesy

so i have to be happy with 1 i ordered and paid ..

Join the mining! http://pool.cool.lc    Smiley   ||  Next big Exchange --> Altcoinexchange || Need a miner? Rent one! MiningRigRentals
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 03:33:18 PM

I did not receive instructions how to send the payment for the preorder (?), just saying it here in case others have not received instructions as well

You have to buy them from the vendors listed on the op.

M

vuli

Activity: 183

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 06:34:37 PM

Oh, you have to be kidding. There is no way to buy 1 unit just for fun? What a people...
jstefanop

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 06:42:48 PM

For those that aren't able to place a pre-order, when's the next estimated date the Moonlander 2 would be available again?

+1

Pre-order is officially sold out everywhere (distributors and additional orders I could take). More stock will be available for immediate shipment once units are in production in November...keep in mind that all pre-order units will be shipped first, so can't say exactly when we will be able to sell more past pre-order units. Will have more updates closers to October/November.

ecassidy47

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 07:12:49 PM

can anyone give a tutorial on how to run and projection of how much one of these can produce in terms of LTC per month?

Should I run on a separate computer or my main computer? 
QuintLeo

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 07:37:37 PM

I have to wonder how well a "pod" designed to upgrade the Gridseed "80" blade units would sell....

(hint)

9-)

Astrali

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 07:44:35 PM

can anyone give a tutorial on how to run and projection of how much one of these can produce in terms of LTC per month?

Should I run on a separate computer or my main computer?  

if you dont mind running your main computer 24/7 you can do it on your main computer. Ram and CPU usage wont disturb you on daily usage.

i found what you need here: https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/ltc?HashingPower=5&HashingUnit=MH%2Fs&PowerConsumption=6&CostPerkWh=0.1

Mined/month
Ł 0.1040

Greetings - Astrali

Join the mining! http://pool.cool.lc    Smiley   ||  Next big Exchange --> Altcoinexchange || Need a miner? Rent one! MiningRigRentals
Zellko

Activity: 12

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 08:05:49 PM

Hi everyone,

I have the chance to bought 5 of them.

Do you have any recommendation for a USB hub ? It's seems quite difficult to found USB Hub with 1 Amp output in my country, so I will need to bough it on-line so I expect long shipping time, therefore I would like to order it quickly. Is the one shared my Ivymoss is a good choice:

https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-SuperSpeed-Charging-Adapter-Support/dp/B00RM5OF70/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1504363970&sr=8-4&keywords=plugable+usb+3.0+hub

@jstefanop: I never used those USB miner, do we need to install driver or something to use them ? Will you release a getting started guide ? 

Thanks!
qctechno

Activity: 267

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 08:44:48 PM

Purchased 10x Sticks at AsicPuppy
https://blockchain.info/tx/cc50d058f342fdec1b4983606a61a7efc27ec26b2e06e978afd8988fb39c40d7

Now waiting until Halloween Candy is delivered Tongue

jstefanop

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 09:47:10 PM

Hi everyone,

I have the chance to bought 5 of them.

Do you have any recommendation for a USB hub ? It's seems quite difficult to found USB Hub with 1 Amp output in my country, so I will need to bough it on-line so I expect long shipping time, therefore I would like to order it quickly. Is the one shared my Ivymoss is a good choice:

https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-SuperSpeed-Charging-Adapter-Support/dp/B00RM5OF70/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1504363970&sr=8-4&keywords=plugable+usb+3.0+hub

@jstefanop: I never used those USB miner, do we need to install driver or something to use them ? Will you release a getting started guide ? 

Thanks!

Check out the Superpbag hubs...I personally use those too test these.

A separate instructions/support thread will be started closer to shipping. Things will be very similar to the original moonlander...so you can go over and ready that thread (linked in my sig) to get an idea of how these work.

buzztiaan

Activity: 108

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:06:39 PM

I have to wonder how well a "pod" designed to upgrade the Gridseed "80" blade units would sell....

omg  Shocked this is genius , or maybe the 5chip ones aswell? Cheesy

just placed a order of 5 at one of em' resellers ^_^
MingMining

Activity: 67

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:35:35 AM

Hi guys, I have a maybe stupid question. Suppose you are buying 10 of them, then it is $590. Generally you can buy two rx 570 for this price at newegg and ROI is like 6 month if you mine eth or zcash. However, if you use this stick to mine litecoin, the ROI will be like one year. Did I miss anything?
jstefanop

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:37:37 AM

Hi guys, I have a maybe stupid question. Suppose you are buying 10 of them, then it is $590. Generally you can buy two rx 570 for this price at newegg and ROI is like 6 month if you mine eth or zcash. However, if you use this stick to mine litecoin, the ROI will be like one year. Did I miss anything?

Quick ROI is not the point of this miner, and if you want to buy 10 to just mine for profitability your better off getting a large ASIC. Its not possible for a single stick USB miner to be anywhere near as profitable as a large ASIC or GPUs because of economies of scale.

For example this miner half of the cost goes to ASIC, and the other half goes to assembly/component costs. For large miners its 90% ASIC cost and 10% Assembly/components because they can stick hundreds of ASICs into one miner.

MingMining

Activity: 67

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:54:37 AM

Quick ROI is not the point of this miner, and if you want to buy 10 to just mine for profitability your better off getting a large ASIC. Its not possible for a single stick USB miner to be anywhere near as profitable as a large ASIC or GPUs because of economies of scale.

For example this miner half of the cost goes to ASIC, and the other half goes to assembly/component costs. For large miners its 90% ASIC cost and 10% Assembly/components because they can stick hundreds of ASICs into one miner.

Thanks for the response. Still what is the point of this little cute device if not for mining for profit? or is it just for mining for fun?
soifigured

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 04:22:25 AM

Check out the Superpbag hubs...I personally use those too test these.

A separate instructions/support thread will be started closer to shipping. Things will be very similar to the original moonlander...so you can go over and ready that thread (linked in my sig) to get an idea of how these work.

Any other suggestions for hubs?  The superpbags seem to be out of stock at amazon and ebay.
QuintLeo

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 12:17:59 PM

omg  Shocked this is genius , or maybe the 5chip ones aswell? Cheesy

just placed a order of 5 at one of em' resellers ^_^

I never had any of the orbs, but I suspect there are folks that would like to upgrade those as well.

Astrali

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:13:33 PM

Thanks for the response. Still what is the point of this little cute device if not for mining for profit? or is it just for mining for fun?

i will not use it for litecoin directly - i am more in mining rather unknown altcoins - and sell them if the get some value.
its like lottery for fun with small values.

The Moonlander 2 is ~15x as fast as my gridseed 5 chip device i am currently using.
and yeah it would be cool to have a circuit board that would fit to upgrade my gridseed device with 3 or 4 of the moonlander chips Cheesy

overall at the price of ~70$ this device already got a great hash to watt ratio and is still somewhat fast.
mining scrypt with a GPU will leave you far behind this device. it just cant be compared with ETH (dagger hashimoto).

i cant wait to get my new toy Cheesy

dragonmike

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:36:19 PM

LoL. Why mine if not for profit? Well done jstefanop, you sold your product to gullible masses... Who might end up never turning a profit from these things because...

They...

Cost...

Too...

Much!

Efficiency is good, but it has its price too, you know.

jstefanop

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:51:27 PM

LoL. Why mine if not for profit? Well done jstefanop, you sold your product to gullible masses... Who might end up never turning a profit from these things because...

They...

Cost...

Too...

Much!

Efficiency is good, but it has its price too, you know.

There are many reasons, and these sold out because there are many valid use cases, not because im selling this to "gullible masses" as you put it.

Main reason I personally build these is because you can get into Litecoin and mining at a very small cost compared to expensive, hot, and loud ASICs which are catered to centralized farms which many people cannot run in their homes.

You cant go up to your friend thats heard about crypto, but never got into it and hand him and L3+ and tell him to "try it" (youd have to be a very good friend to do this in the first place). Now you give him a small little USB device that he can just plug into his computer and use easily to mine real litecoins, have him see real value transferred to his account from "thin air", and be profitable on top and they are hooked.

I have said this from my original moonlander project and ill say it again, we sometimes get lost in the "profitability game" and its understandable, but sometimes we need to take a step back and remember why we are all really here. We are building, and now bringing mass adaption to a decentralized and revolutionary  new way to transact between people.

Revolutions are started an won by a small group of people willing to make a sacrifice by winning the hearts and minds of the masses...use this tool to do that Smiley

DrTrouble

Activity: 102

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 03:50:48 PM

These still available anywhere??

BURST donations accepted! - BURST-CREX-FD53-Q698-FJHLS
DRH

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:19:03 PM

At the risk of sounding like a Mac user, would these run on a Mac, or just PC?
(Betraying my naivety here.)
jstefanop

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:12:25 PM

At the risk of sounding like a Mac user, would these run on a Mac, or just PC?
(Betraying my naivety here.)

haha don't worry your good...I actually despise everything windows I haven't even built windows binaries for these yet. I have been developing these on my Ubuntu and Mac dev systems so far Wink

siforek

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:22:14 PM

That's what I figured. I was gonna give them out as gifts for people that want to mine but not yet ready to drop thousands on a fill rig..
QuintLeo

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:03:39 AM

Not much probability of them achieving ROI in a year, but they're the most EFFICIENT miner available which means they have plenty of time to achieve ROI.

To be fair though, anyone mining with a USB stick has NEVER had a high probability of rapid ROI achievement - they are ALWAYS going to be quite a bit more expensive per hash than a "big" miner.

woogod

Activity: 89

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:20:25 AM

Not much probability of them achieving ROI in a year, but they're the most EFFICIENT miner available which means they have plenty of time to achieve ROI.

To be fair though, anyone mining with a USB stick has NEVER had a high probability of rapid ROI achievement - they are ALWAYS going to be quite a bit more expensive per hash than a "big" miner.

Agree, but USB miners have the perk of being able to be sneakily plugged into your parent's desktops :3

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
sloBlocks

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 12:01:23 PM

Hello Everyone. For some reason I went to bitshopper.de, saw the news section but was already late. Anyway, will wait till next batch.
catcorp

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 04:41:28 PM

I'm pretty new to this, but how would one hook it up to a raspberry pi? I'm currently using BFGminer on my GPU to mine some nyancoins for fun. Ordered the moonlander2 recently from germany.
BFGminer works on the Pi? There's so many pages that 'explain' it but whats the right one to follow?

I'm sorry if this has been asked before or if this sounds dumb.
Astrali

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 04:45:09 PM

I'm pretty new to this, but how would one hook it up to a raspberry pi? I'm currently using BFGminer on my GPU to mine some nyancoins for fun. Ordered the moonlander2 recently from germany.
BFGminer works on the Pi? There's so many pages that 'explain' it but whats the right one to follow?

hi a raspberry got USB ports - connect a powered USB switch to your Raspberry and there you connect the moonlander 2.

there is mining software for rapsberry!

i am using minera (a graphical interface) on my raspberry to control my current gridseed miner. works like a charm Smiley

Sileni

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 04:55:56 PM

Jesus I wish I hadn't missed the initial release of these, I'd love to pick up a set of 5.
catcorp

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:14:31 PM

hi a raspberry got USB ports - connect a powered USB switch to your Raspberry and there you connect the moonlander 2.

there is mining software for rapsberry!

i am using minera (a graphical interface) on my raspberry to control my current gridseed miner. works like a charm Smiley

hey cool thanks! I guess i can load up bfgminer too, i saw some pages about it. Now all i gotta figure out is if the raspberry has enough Watts to deliver and has a good usb3 - with power.
By powered USB switch you mean a USB block you install on the raspberry?

This is gonna be a fun project! Cheesy
n00bminer

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:06:03 AM

hey cool thanks! I guess i can load up bfgminer too, i saw some pages about it. Now all i gotta figure out is if the raspberry has enough Watts to deliver and has a good usb3 - with power.

I currently run 4 moonlanders (3 v1.2, 1 v1.1) on a pi, running minera with the custom bfgminer compiled.  The moonlanders are tweaked to v.95(as high as I wanted to go) running off a superbpag 7 port hub.
You can see them here https://www.miningrigrentals.com/rigs/42227
jstefanop

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:42:18 AM

I currently run 4 moonlanders (3 v1.2, 1 v1.1) on a pi, running minera with the custom bfgminer compiled.  The moonlanders are tweaked to v.95(as high as I wanted to go) running off a superbpag 7 port hub.

Where did you get a v1.1?? I made like 5 of those for review units Cheesy

n00bminer

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:20:42 AM

EBAY!  FB0004 =)

aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:27:18 AM

EBAY!  FB0004 =)

that one with a bunch of HWE is lowering your poolside avg.. you might actually be better if you lowered the speed one notch down.
jbonifacio

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:10:28 PM

n00bminer, interesting feedback. How can I learn more about these statistics and their relationship to performance? According to this github FAQ entry they suggest leaving everything at default:

Q: What are the best parameters to pass for X pool/hardware/device.
A: Virtually always, the DEFAULT parameters give the best results. Most user
defined settings lead to worse performance.

I'm just interested in learning more about what all the output means.

Thanks!
n00bminer

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 03:18:25 PM

that one with a bunch of HWE is lowering your poolside avg.. you might actually be better if you lowered the speed one notch down.

Thanks!  I had not look at it until I took the screen shot for a couple days.  I lowered it down to 304 last night after the post.
n00bminer

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 03:21:21 PM

n00bminer, interesting feedback. How can I learn more about these statistics and their relationship to performance? According to this github FAQ entry they suggest leaving everything at default:

Q: What are the best parameters to pass for X pool/hardware/device.
A: Virtually always, the DEFAULT parameters give the best results. Most user
defined settings lead to worse performance.

I'm just interested in learning more about what all the output means.

Thanks!

As far as custom bfgminer, I was talking about the original bfgminer released for v1.2 moonlanders.  jstephanop will post new bfgminer/futurebit drivers when the new units(v2.0) are released.   As far as the voltage is concerned, I followed jstephanop tuning procedure to the letter.
catcorp

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 04:06:11 PM

As far as the voltage is concerned, I followed jstephanop tuning procedure to the letter.

yep let's see if it's possible in a way to have one moonlander2 run on a pi on full power.
mrgoldy

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 04:12:03 PM

As far as the voltage is concerned, I followed jstephanop tuning procedure to the letter.

yep let's see if it's possible in a way to have one moonlander2 run on a pi on full power.

I think there was talk earlier that it wouldn't   that you'd need to get a powered hub,  and a 2A per port hub if you run them at full speed/higher voltage  (with cooling)
jbonifacio

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:02:21 PM

Regarding powered hubs - it seems the only place that has superbpag hubs is Amazon India. That's not going to work for me. eBay doesn't have any listing. I've looked elsewhere for any hub that provides 2A per port with no luck. Any suggestions where I can purchase one?
MaSch242

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:47:18 PM

what about connecting a cheap hub directly to the rig's powersupply?

like this ..

http://www.instructables.com/id/Adding-an-external-power-supply-to-a-cheap-USB-hub/
Valnurat

Activity: 129

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:42:37 PM

How to get these?
jstefanop

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 12:47:04 AM

Update for you guys!

Got the semi-final production design in and currently going through its rounds of testing. So far everything is checking out and will probably freeze this design for the production board. Pic below so you guys can get an idea of the size and what the final board will look like!

Bottom is the prototype/dev board, middle is the new pre-production design, and top is the old Moonlander 1 for comparison.

soifigured

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 01:58:38 AM

Are powering the miner externally?  Is there the possibility that there will be a set of test points on the board we could use to give 5 volts externally?

Update for you guys!

Got the semi-final production design in and currently going through its rounds of testing. So far everything is checking out and will probably freeze this design for the production board. Pic below so you guys can get an idea of the size and what the final board will look like!

Bottom is the prototype/dev board, middle is the new pre-production design, and top is the old Moonlander 1 for comparison.

https://i.imgur.com/7wEUgtN.jpg?1
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 01:59:01 AM

Update for you guys!

did you think about making the bfgminer driver coexist with the original moonlanders?
dora-gt

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 01:08:16 PM

Are powering the miner externally?  Is there the possibility that there will be a set of test points on the board we could use to give 5 volts externally?

I think you don't need to do it because they are powered by USB, but USB hub (if you use) need to be powered.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.msg21486145#msg21486145

It consumes about 5W normally (maybe around 4MH), about 1.5W/MH but it doesn't increase linearly.Please read the thread.

did you think about making the bfgminer driver coexist with the original moonlanders?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.msg21268132#msg21268132

You mean that you don't want to run 2 instances of bfgminer?
So you want to compile bfgminer with 2 different Moonlander driver?
I don't know whether he is going to provide it.

Refer to this too.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.msg21287033#msg21287033
soifigured

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 05:39:37 PM

I think you don't need to do it because they are powered by USB, but USB hub (if you use) need to be powered.

It consumes about 5W normally (maybe around 4MH), about 1.5W/MH but it doesn't increase linearly.Please read the thread.

I understand that they can be powered by the hub.  What I was curious about is if I could deliver power externally through a bench top power supply.  Then I don't have to worry about the hub being able to deliver the required power.  So if there are some test points on the board I can deliver power directly to, I would be able to use older hubs I have laying around.  In the picture provided we can see that he has soldered power directly to the +5 and ground pins of the usb connector so I can assume that power is being delivered externally.  I personally would rather deliver or supplement power somewhere else on the pwa/pcb such as repurposing a test point.     
DeepTerrfici

Waves Address: 3P6gc3d2V9jqaewLVy9DhP1DcvR2L9iaq8A

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 05:48:25 PM

Where can I still preorder?

theinvestdude

DeepOnion One Step Closer to Airdrop

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 05:51:11 PM

Where can I still preorder?

its already SOLD OUT and you can only purchase it from a reseller which will cost x3 to x5 of the price. goodluck

████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
jstefanop

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 06:50:33 PM

I understand that they can be powered by the hub.  What I was curious about is if I could deliver power externally through a bench top power supply.  Then I don't have to worry about the hub being able to deliver the required power.  So if there are some test points on the board I can deliver power directly to, I would be able to use older hubs I have laying around.  In the picture provided we can see that he has soldered power directly to the +5 and ground pins of the usb connector so I can assume that power is being delivered externally.  I personally would rather deliver or supplement power somewhere else on the pwa/pcb such as repurposing a test point.     

Those wires actually go to a small fan I'm testing, but if you want to power them externally I would just get a cheap hub, open it up, and solder its +5v and GND to an external 5v supply.

Astrali

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:00:16 PM

your pics show rests of thermal compound - will they be delivered including heatsink or will we have to find a heatsink that fits on our own?

jstefanop

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 09:22:36 PM

your pics show rests of thermal compound - will they be delivered including heatsink or will we have to find a heatsink that fits on our own?

Yes everything you need to run it will come with it, including heatsink and possibly a small fan.

Astrali

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:49:15 PM

Yes everything you need to run it will come with it, including heatsink and possibly a small fan.

this sounds great!
the possibility for external power would be lovely as well.
otherwise i will have to hack some usb cable or switch Wink

buzztiaan

Activity: 108

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:32:15 AM

if you want to power them externally I would just get a cheap hub, open it up, and solder its +5v and GND to an external 5v supply.
Awesome, this was totally what i had planned Cheesy
org0x004

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:45:56 AM

Do we have an estimated shipping date? Smiley
dora-gt

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 02:16:12 PM

I want to know too, but just trust him and give him time to do the best work Cheesy

When I saw his picture of the production candidate (smaller than dev) and the following message of considering heatsink and small fan, I felt his passion for the product.
That is great. So I want him to do what he wants, to improve the product.
sunk818

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 01:07:21 AM

Are there plans for Moon lander 2.1 where overcooking has physical barriers out led indicators for voltage or clock speed? I don't know How much parts like this raises the unit cost.
mel0924

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 02:20:00 AM

UPDATE 9/4/17

Pre-order is now over...please use the below linked pre-order thread for all discussion on order related topics

UPDATE 9/1/17

Official Pre-order has started and links are here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2141261.msg21415891#msg21415891

==============================

Well this one has been a long time coming, but after many months of negotiations, design, and testing I finally have a new USB Stick miner to announce based on a latest gen scrypt chip, that makes this stick one of the most powerful, profitable, and efficient USB Stick miners ever released (even beats bitmain in efficiency with about 1.3 w/mh)!

Like with the original Moonlander project, my goals are the same for this stick and what it means for the crypto community. Build a low cost and easy to use scrypt USB miner that will put mining and Litecoin use into thousands of hands that would have never had the means or experience to do mining before! Except I can hopefully realize this goal this time around, since the original Moonlander project was based on a obsolete chip I happened to get the last remaining stock in, this chip is in full production, and have access to the first batches of chips from the foundry!

So without further ado here is the FutureBit Moonlander 2! (this is currently my testing prototype PCB...ill update pics with the near final design next week!...the PCB will actually be slightly smaller than the original)

Specs: (these are prototype specs and can change in production version)

- 3mh to 5mh scrypt performance per miner
- uses about 1.5w/mh for most of that range
- core clock from 500mhz to nearly 1GHz!
- fully customizable core voltage range from .6 - 1v
- Fully redesigned 5v->core voltage stage with about 95% efficiency
- Heavy duty/over speced parts were used to ensure wide range of operation (stick can be pushed to nearly 6mh if you can cool it)
- status LEDs for power, TX and RX transmission
- uses latest bfgminer 5.4 for control
- Will work with all Mac OS, Linux, and Windows based PCs, as well as RPi's etc (and I will be offering easy to use pre-compiled binaries)

The Moonlander 2 is over 4x the speed, over 5x the efficiency, and nearly 5x the profitability (if you guys remember when the original moonlander came out, it was doing about $2 a month, this stick is doing almost $10 per month at current price/difficulty). This beats out any other stick miner whether scrypt or any other algo!

Best part is that this stick is consuming under 5 watts at its peak efficiency range (~ 4MH), so unlike the original Moonlander which was nearly impossible to operate without a hub and fan, this stick can easily run on USB 2 power with no fan in the 3-4MH range.

Production:

I am finalizing the PCB/thermal design in the next few weeks, and my chip purchase is scheduled for delivery mid October. Everything should be in order to do a full batch run as soon as I get the chips in October, so shipments will be ready to start probably at the end of October/Early November. I will probably have near final design/prototype units to send out by end of next week.

Pre-Order/Cost:

Just like the original Moonlander I'm more interested in getting mining and crypto out to as many hands as possible than pure profits (so I need you guys to push these out to all your friends for stocking stuffers and introduction crypto/mining!). While id love to keep the price at around $30 like the original, it will unfortunately not be possible this time around since I got the original ASIC for practically free, this time its a brand new ASIC so I'm paying around $15 just for the ASIC alone. Pricing will most likely be in the 50-60 USD range. (Considering my original is still selling for over $50, and this one is way more efficient and profitable I hope you guys still consider this a steal).

Ordering will also be done a little differently this time, since Im a one guy shop, I was pretty overwhelmed in shipping out hundreds of sticks in time for everyone to get them ASAP, and this time the number of sticks will be way more so I have enlisted a few distributors around the world to handle pre-orders and distribution. Most of these guys you already know and trust so hope that wont be an issue. If you are planning on ordering more than 50 sticks, you can still contact me for direct ordering.

USA/Canada/NA will be handled by Scott at HolyBitcoin, and ASICPuppy
Europe and surrounding areas will be handled by Bitshopper.de

As soon as details and price are finalized, I will put up separate thread for ordering and each of these guys will have links up and your will be able to pre-order directly through them (most likely within the next two weeks).

If there is enough interest in additional areas (probably Asia/Australia regions) please contact me if you wish to distribute in those regions.

Keep in mind I will work with the distributors to keep fair launch pricing on the initial batch, but this will be only for the initial pre-order batch, and wont be able to control pricing past this. The initial batch is for about 1-2k units, so if you want to pick one up at the initial pricing I would pre-order.

BIG THANKS to all the original buyers of my Moonlander stick...you guys made #2 possible, and hopefully with the success of Moonlander 2 ill be able to launch even some more interesting projects I'm working on!

Keep hashing and spread the word!

Oh and some screenshots of the device actually hashing

Normal operation at my scypt pool...driver is not complete yet so its not reporting hardware hashrate...pool hashrate is displayed (756 MHz clock @ 6 watts... ~ 1.4 w/mh!)

Stress test...nearly 6MH!

Power draw..5w @ 648 MHz (~3.8 MH/s) = ~1.3w/MH...the most efficient operational ASIC miner in the world!

Wow its awesome! Can I avail?

╞═══╬═══╡ Sebeum ╞═══╬═══╡
★★★ An Innovative Cryptocurrency That Gives Dividends ★★★
━━━ ICO STARTS - October 25th [WHITEPAPER] ━━━
RedneckBob

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 05:16:50 AM

Several times in this thread you've poo-pooed the product, but fail to take in account the potential increase in the value of the mined coins nor do you account for the potential of mining a new altcoin which takes off and increases in value.  It is all a gamble, even spending tens of thousands of dollars on massive multi-ASIC miners or renting a few peta/hash to throw at coins, you could be hosed if the price of coins tumbles.

Best part is, dude has SOLD OUT.  And, will like sell out his second run on gen2 as well.
Minernz

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 11:08:26 PM

Did you purchase your ASIC chips pre made or have it made specifically for you?
sunk818

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 11:23:39 PM

Any thoughts on this as a USB HUB? https://smile.amazon.com/Anker-7-Port-Adapter-Charging-iPhone/dp/B014ZQ07NE
jstefanop

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 11:36:14 PM

I want to know too, but just trust him and give him time to do the best work Cheesy

When I saw his picture of the production candidate (smaller than dev) and the following message of considering heatsink and small fan, I felt his passion for the product.

Shipping is all dependent on when I get the ASICs, and foundry is still on schedule for mid-october delivery to me. Most major parts are ordered, and PCB design is is almost complete. As soon as I have the chips ill be able to start production and will be shipping out hundreds per day. The first people that pre-ordered will probably get theirs end of october, and if you were at the end of the pre-order probably mid-november.

And yes, this at minimum will ship with heatsink, and all you need to run at lower end speeds without a fan. Im trying to work with a small fan manufacture so I can bundle a fan as a "thanks" to everyone that pre-ordered. This will allow you to run it at almost full speed without needing an external fan to blow on the sticks.

org0x004

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:29:27 AM

Shipping is all dependent on when I get the ASICs, and foundry is still on schedule for mid-october delivery to me. Most major parts are ordered, and PCB design is is almost complete. As soon as I have the chips ill be able to start production and will be shipping out hundreds per day. The first people that pre-ordered will probably get theirs end of october, and if you were at the end of the pre-order probably mid-november.

And yes, this at minimum will ship with heatsink, and all you need to run at lower end speeds without a fan. Im trying to work with a small fan manufacture so I can bundle a fan as a "thanks" to everyone that pre-ordered. This will allow you to run it at almost full speed without needing an external fan to blow on the sticks.

Thanks jstefanop for the update! Out of curiosity, will you solder the ASIC chip into the PCB by hand? Smiley
Astrali

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 01:43:51 PM

this sounds great for me Cheesy
i got an 5V 3A power supply now and ordered a cheap USB hub. will use this one to power my moonlander 2 Cheesy
cant wait to get my hands on it.

i already were looking for a moonlander 1 at decent price for a while .. getting the new version for same price is great Smiley

thanks a lot that you continued your work!

jstefanop

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:35:24 PM

Thanks jstefanop for the update! Out of curiosity, will you solder the ASIC chip into the PCB by hand? Smiley

If I made each one by hand, then you guys wouldn't get these until 2019 Wink

All the prototypes I have shown are made by hand though...im about to go blind placing hundreds of components Cheesy

jstefanop

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 09:59:41 PM

So I've been playing around with memory voltage on the production board(Moonlander 2 has a separate memory voltage controller), and was originally not going to include an adjustment for memory voltage (was going to be fixed), but I've been able to make some significant powers savings by tweaking memory. So looks like you guys will have full voltage control over both memory and core voltage Cheesy This frees me up from having to choose a "high" memory voltage set point to ensure it working across all chips, and you guys can tweak even lower if the ASIC allows.

Ive been able to get the low end (3.4 MH/s) down to just .75 amps! Thats 3.75 watts and 1.1 watts/MH!

For comparison to the L3+ , if I could build a 150 chip version, that would be 510 MH @ ~ 560 watts!

org0x004

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 01:46:56 AM

So I've been playing around with memory voltage on the production board(Moonlander 2 has a separate memory voltage controller), and was originally not going to include an adjustment for memory voltage (was going to be fixed), but I've been able to make some significant powers savings by tweaking memory. So looks like you guys will have full voltage control over both memory and core voltage Cheesy This frees me up from having to choose a "high" memory voltage set point to ensure it working across all chips, and you guys can tweak even lower if the ASIC allows.

Ive been able to get the low end (3.4 MH/s) down to just .75 amps! Thats 3.75 watts and 1.1 watts/MH!

For comparison to the L3+ , if I could build a 150 chip version, that would be 510 MH @ ~ 560 watts!
Wow! This is impressive! Any plans for a Moonlander 3 with multiple asic chips? Smiley
Astrali

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:52:53 AM

as there already is a variant with Huge amount of chips ..
i would be interested about something in the middle .. maybe a device with 20 or 30 chips.

This will most probably be payable to an average dude like me but still rock the house! Cheesy

micaxel

Activity: 72

ModulTrade: The Freedom To Trade

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 08:15:00 AM

after which time we can buy this miner again?

ModulTrade ║  DEMOCRATIZING GLOBAL TRADE WITH BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY  ║ ModulTrade
The Freedom To Trade▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ White Paper ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬The Freedom To Trade
FacebookMediumLinkedinTwitterTelegramReddit
jstefanop

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 05:32:47 PM

as there already is a variant with Huge amount of chips ..
i would be interested about something in the middle .. maybe a device with 20 or 30 chips.

This will most probably be payable to an average dude like me but still rock the house! Cheesy

Yea I would not, nor have the capability to build a huge ASIC...plus it goes against my philosophy of spreading out the hash. And yes if I do build a non USB ASIC it would be a "pod" style in the 5-20 asic range Wink

cmbrodbeck

Activity: 34

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 06:37:46 PM

when can we buy next batch?
Morguk

Activity: 487

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 08:59:15 PM

I didn't have any spare cash to get one in the end, but thanks to people like you and sidehack for making these chips for the community Smiley Maybe in a few months I can pick a few up.
BTC4USD

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:09:30 AM

Anyone have a good idea what USB hub will be best to run 20+ of these?
expertlevel

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 06:11:18 PM

Anyone have a good idea what USB hub will be best to run 20+ of these?

I was considering this for 10x