Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:15:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FutureBit Moonlander 2: The Most Powerful and Efficient USB Stick Miner!  (Read 82941 times)
ro2sf

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:41:49 AM

Very interested buyer here. When and where can I get these?
tperkins1776

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:42:45 AM

UPDATE 9/25/17

The final design has been locked in for production next month, and I'm happy to reveal it you all! PCB is a cool matte black design, with the same anodized black aluminum heatsink as the original moonlander. I decided to include both memory voltage adjustment in addition to core voltage, as my tests had an efficiency gain of 10-20% for ASICs that can handle lower memory voltage!

As a super thank you to all who pre-ordered I decided to include a 25mm fan into the cooling solution as well, so no need to come up with clumsy external fan solutions to keep these cool. A top side small ASIC heatsink will also be included to further increase thermal efficiency (it will be black not blue). With this setup I've achieved 1.6W/MH all the way up to 800mhz, which is 4.6 MH of hash power for just 7.5 watts! Pretty impressive for a chip thats designed to do 3.8 MH at the same watts.

Check out the pics below!

UPDATE 9/4/17

Pre-order is now over...please use the below linked pre-order thread for all discussion on order related topics

UPDATE 9/1/17

Official Pre-order has started and links are here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2141261.msg21415891#msg21415891

==============================

Well this one has been a long time coming, but after many months of negotiations, design, and testing I finally have a new USB Stick miner to announce based on a latest gen scrypt chip, that makes this stick one of the most powerful, profitable, and efficient USB Stick miners ever released (even beats bitmain in efficiency with about 1.3 w/mh)!

Like with the original Moonlander project, my goals are the same for this stick and what it means for the crypto community. Build a low cost and easy to use scrypt USB miner that will put mining and Litecoin use into thousands of hands that would have never had the means or experience to do mining before! Except I can hopefully realize this goal this time around, since the original Moonlander project was based on a obsolete chip I happened to get the last remaining stock in, this chip is in full production, and have access to the first batches of chips from the foundry!

So without further ado here is the FutureBit Moonlander 2!

Specs: (these are prototype specs and can change in production version)

- 3mh to 5mh scrypt performance per miner
- uses about 1.5w/mh for most of that range
- core clock from 500mhz to nearly 1GHz!
- fully customizable core voltage range from .6 - 1v
- Fully redesigned 5v->core voltage stage with about 95% efficiency
- Heavy duty/over speced parts were used to ensure wide range of operation (stick can be pushed to nearly 6mh if you can cool it)
- status LEDs for power, TX and RX transmission
- uses latest bfgminer 5.4 for control
- Will work with all Mac OS, Linux, and Windows based PCs, as well as RPi's etc (and I will be offering easy to use pre-compiled binaries)

The Moonlander 2 is over 4x the speed, over 5x the efficiency, and nearly 5x the profitability (if you guys remember when the original moonlander came out, it was doing about $2 a month, this stick is doing almost $10 per month at current price/difficulty). This beats out any other stick miner whether scrypt or any other algo!

Best part is that this stick is consuming under 5 watts at its peak efficiency range (~ 4MH), so unlike the original Moonlander which was nearly impossible to operate without a hub and fan, this stick can easily run on USB 3 power with no fan in the 3-4MH range.

Production:

I am finalizing the PCB/thermal design in the next few weeks, and my chip purchase is scheduled for delivery mid October. Everything should be in order to do a full batch run as soon as I get the chips in October, so shipments will be ready to start probably at the end of October/Early November. I will probably have near final design/prototype units to send out by end of next week.

Pre-Order/Cost:

Just like the original Moonlander I'm more interested in getting mining and crypto out to as many hands as possible than pure profits (so I need you guys to push these out to all your friends for stocking stuffers and introduction crypto/mining!). While id love to keep the price at around $30 like the original, it will unfortunately not be possible this time around since I got the original ASIC for practically free, this time its a brand new ASIC so I'm paying around $15 just for the ASIC alone. Pricing will most likely be in the 50-60 USD range. (Considering my original is still selling for over $50, and this one is way more efficient and profitable I hope you guys still consider this a steal).

Ordering will also be done a little differently this time, since Im a one guy shop, I was pretty overwhelmed in shipping out hundreds of sticks in time for everyone to get them ASAP, and this time the number of sticks will be way more so I have enlisted a few distributors around the world to handle pre-orders and distribution. Most of these guys you already know and trust so hope that wont be an issue. If you are planning on ordering more than 50 sticks, you can still contact me for direct ordering.

USA/Canada/NA will be handled by Scott at HolyBitcoin, and ASICPuppy
Europe and surrounding areas will be handled by Bitshopper.de

As soon as details and price are finalized, I will put up separate thread for ordering and each of these guys will have links up and your will be able to pre-order directly through them (most likely within the next two weeks).

If there is enough interest in additional areas (probably Asia/Australia regions) please contact me if you wish to distribute in those regions.

Keep in mind I will work with the distributors to keep fair launch pricing on the initial batch, but this will be only for the initial pre-order batch, and wont be able to control pricing past this. The initial batch is for about 1-2k units, so if you want to pick one up at the initial pricing I would pre-order.

BIG THANKS to all the original buyers of my Moonlander stick...you guys made #2 possible, and hopefully with the success of Moonlander 2 ill be able to launch even some more interesting projects I'm working on!

Keep hashing and spread the word!

Oh and some screenshots of the device actually hashing

Normal operation at my scypt pool...driver is not complete yet so its not reporting hardware hashrate...pool hashrate is displayed (756 MHz clock @ 6 watts... ~ 1.4 w/mh!)

Stress test...nearly 6MH!

Power draw..5w @ 648 MHz (~3.8 MH/s) = ~1.3w/MH...the most efficient operational ASIC miner in the world!

I bought 2 and can't wait. I think I'm the person you intended for this to be for. I don't have the funds or ability for full scale mining right now. Just want to get into it for the first time!

Thanks for creating this. I can't wait to post my results!

Best Regards,
-T
31biggestholderofsigt

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:35:17 PM

I have 100 I’ll sell you them 1.55 LTC each to LbT1xCeKt6qj4t8d47AecZN7pCUAsPBmeJ
Mr_Snipes

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 12:45:00 PM

I have 100 I’ll sell you them 1.55 LTC each to LbT1xCeKt6qj4t8d47AecZN7pCUAsPBmeJ

Just be careful people, would not buy without escrow
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2108
Merit: 1397

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:45:00 PM

Yea watch out...this guy is most likely a scammer..I haven't sold 100 to this guy, and non of my distributors sold 100 units to a single buyer I know of.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
daegaa777

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:38:12 PM

i missed preorder
when can i get this?
thanks in advance
31biggestholderofsigt

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:10:02 PM

Yea watch out...this guy is most likely a scammer..I haven't sold 100 to this guy, and non of my distributors sold 100 units to a single buyer I know of.

no guys honestly i bought 90 from holy bitcoins and 10 from bitshopper on holy bitcoins the order number was 2660 if the maker of these wants to look. I'm not trying to scam I just want to sell a few to people who missed out and mine with a few. Plus is you think of an escrow service i'm more than happy to use them.

P.S Any updates on the shipping
31biggestholderofsigt

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:15:00 PM

i missed preorder
when can i get this?
thanks in advance
me look above
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:00:28 PM

hello any news?

Here you go Cheesy

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/923684022093574151

Just finished doing a test production run for ~40 units and all came out fully functioning. Should be ready to ramp up production quickly starting next week and you guys will be getting deliveries soon after!

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
Mr_Snipes

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 06:14:12 AM

hello any news?

Here you go Cheesy

Just finished doing a test production run for ~40 units and all came out fully functioning. Should be ready to ramp up production quickly starting next week and you guys will be getting deliveries soon after!

Wow, thank you Smiley That array of these asics looks very cool!
As if it were some high-rise-buildings in a city - 'ASIC skyline'

Thanks Stefan, im really excited to have one of these in my hands  Smiley
Astrali

Activity: 281
Merit: 130

Crypto Addicted

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 07:03:45 AM

hello any news?

Here you go Cheesy

looks great!
Christmas soon Cheesy

any news of the optimized mining software for raspberry?

greetings - Astrali

Join the mining! pool.cryptopowered.club    Smiley   || Need a miner? Rent one! MiningRigRentals
wavelengthsf

Activity: 658
Merit: 118

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:39:54 PM

What USB hub did you use? (Looks like a 50 port?)
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:32:00 PM

hello any news?

Here you go Cheesy

looks great!
Christmas soon Cheesy

any news of the optimized mining software for raspberry?

greetings - Astrali

Im finishing up driver today/over weekend so should be posting a Driver/Support thread hopefully on Monday with links/instructions.

jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:46:48 PM

What USB hub did you use? (Looks like a 50 port?)

Thats klintay's new hub he was generous enough to give me one for testing (eyeboot). Its got a 40A 5v PSU which is just enough to run about 25 at full speed. Will have to do some driver updates for these hubs since the driver is designed to start all sticks at once which causes some sticks to not start up due to the PSU not being able to handle all the current at once.

wavelengthsf

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:02:32 PM

Thats klintay's new hub he was generous enough to give me one for testing (eyeboot). Its got a 40A 5v PSU which is just enough to run about 25 at full speed. Will have to do some driver updates for these hubs since the driver is designed to start all sticks at once which causes some sticks to not start up due to the PSU not being able to handle all the current at once.

Exciting - can't wait for these to start shipping. Get some more hash rate over on the Arise pool in your sig.
sabujo

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:46:02 PM

Hi guys,

I pre-ordered 10 Moonlander 2 units (super excited!) and I was wondering if this kind of HUB would be a good buy:
https://www.amazon.com/Sipolar-Black-Syncing-U-Disk-Duplicate/dp/B01KPNSYHW/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1507934914&sr=1-4&keywords=sipolar

Thank you in advance!

--sab

The description says it has 300mA per port. That means you won’t be able to overclock the stick much at all. You want one that gives around 2A per port.

Thank you for your answer. Wouldn't 1.2A be enough for the expected hashrate? I read it needed 750mA for a 3.4MH/s performance.
I then found some USB3.0 Hubs with 1.2A so I wonder if that fits the job.
wavelengthsf

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:48:53 PM

Thank you for your answer. Wouldn't 1.2A be enough for the expected hashrate? I read it needed 750mA for a 3.4MH/s performance.

Yes, if you want the stock performance, 1.2A works fine. One of the great things about USB sticks with adjustable clock speeds is that you can squeeze out even more performance - according to jstefanop, up to 5mh/s. That's why you'd get a high powered hub.
sabujo

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 09:05:06 PM

Yes, if you want the stock performance, 1.2A works fine. One of the great things about USB sticks with adjustable clock speeds is that you can squeeze out even more performance - according to jstefanop, up to 5mh/s. That's why you'd get a high powered hub.

Oh, I wasn't aware it could go that far. Thank you for the clarification.

I wonder if it would be easy (and safe) to convert a 4-port Hub with a 5A power supply to 10A. I've seen the tutorials on converting powerless Hubs but they lack some specification on how far the amperage can go on those devices. I need to research more.
Mr_Snipes

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 12:04:41 PM

looks good, but im not sure if their values are all accurate. The thing has 12V@10 AMPS which is 120Watt-from the wall.
They claim that you can bring up to 12W per port -> you are then @ 120 Watt. This cannot be right, because the PSU would need 100% efficiency for that.

Im still looking for a highly-efficient model for the few i ordered.
sabujo

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:08:45 PM

looks good, but im not sure if their values are all accurate. The thing has 12V@10 AMPS which is 120Watt-from the wall.
They claim that you can bring up to 12W per port -> you are then @ 120 Watt. This cannot be right, because the PSU would need 100% efficiency for that.

Im still looking for a highly-efficient model for the few i ordered.

Yes, the description seems a bit off. They say each port can supply 2.1 Amps but if every port is sucking that amperage, whouldn't we need a 20amp power supply for 10 ports?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: