Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:32:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is religion necessary for humans?  (Read 6634 times)
Leonia-Ridinger

Activity: 110
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 10:40:31 PM

Without going into the question of existence of spiritual realm, and other (impractical) philosophical questions, I'll say this.

It is very very simple for me.

Anyone can believe whatever they want.

But, they cannot force it upon anyone else.

As long as it is a very private and personal thing not affecting others, you can believe whatevs.

Now, if someone has a belief that in some way causes them to restrict others of their personal will, then it should not be seen as a valid belief.

If one believes that being gay is wrong he can believe that all he wants as long as he doesn't do harm to gay people. Like forcefully convincing other people that his belief is true or denying service to gay people.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 01:37:13 PM

I think religion is not something which is necessary for the humans. If there is someone who can be called a god, then religion only hinders understanding this by imposing their ideas and rules.

Religion is a way to control the mass of people, religion now is a huge business

Well it also makes people refrain from doing bad things. It constraints them becoming out of control and sometimes it's a good thing. Though i agree that there are more times than few that religion divides people but it's positive effects in society can't be denied as well.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
_navoj

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 08:04:21 AM

The problem in religion is that, these are institutions that are operated by man (sinful by nature), that sometimes leads to wrong leadership that creates confusions to members. Necessary in terms of the teachings and words of the holy one but conflicts arise because people have different believes.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 08:32:54 AM

The problem in religion is that, these are institutions that are operated by man (sinful by nature), that sometimes leads to wrong leadership that creates confusions to members. Necessary in terms of the teachings and words of the holy one but conflicts arise because people have different believes.

Every humans has their own rights to do what they want to, what they want to believe in and what do they want to protect. It may be a crime to law and the government but I don't think you can stop an individual from doing it so, saying that religion, for me depends really on that individual that believe them. Most of them are traditions of the nation, the family or the country to go in these certain religion and we can't stop them from doing that unless that certain individual says it is not necessary breaking their tradition and we don't have nothing to do with it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
Willie_Linder

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 08:54:30 AM

I think yes! I can ask the question in another way. Is school important for humans? To the last question, we would all answer yes. If yes is the answer to the second question, it should then be the answer to the first question. Religion is like a college where teachers who are priests, are supposed to give a spiritual education. I read a book where the author thinks that our civilization will not be so great without religion. Remember the first universities? they actually belong to the church. In that case, religion plays a great role in the development of a society and it is therefore important.
Vaccaria

Activity: 39
Merit: 10

Newb trying to act cool

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:25:53 AM

I believe that religion is very good for mankind. If I can be clearer, then let me say, faith is very good for mankind. To believe that there is a Supreme Being. To consider that there is an afterlife. These things keep you in check. I speak not about fear but about sobriety. But religion mal-administered by man causes so much trouble. And this must be our focus. That religion must be practiced in its pristine state.

I agree. I'm not a really devout follower of any religion, but I can easily see how having faith, even a little, can help in our lives. Faith - and to an extent, religion - is probably what allow mankind to keep our civilization intact through the ages. There are probably a lot of times throughout history that dark times have befallen the different tribes or civilizations (like the Black Plague). Faith gives people strength to persevere. Meanwhile, at the root of most religions are lessons on helping one another, being kind and caring towards others, etc.

And it helps people to be more optimistic in life, that there are people out there who'll help you because its the right thing to do. That it's not a survival-of-the-fittest our there. Well, not entirely, at least.

People who claims bitcoin price will go all the way past $20,000 reminds me of people who have faith in god Tongue

Ponder in moderation.
Storytellers

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 26, 2021, 12:00:30 PM

hi xdediosl,
 In my point of view people are forced to believe in somehting to keep up with their inner strenght to overcome problems.For instance Muslims believe in Allah ,Christions in Jesus the son of Mary and so on and so o[Suspicious link removed]aying and Believing in God is the reflection of the emtyness and weakness that we all carry within ourselves.When you feel powerlees to change a certain situation.I dont decline that theres a invisible, unexplainable  prowling energy that makes the world and society move on but i think each of us is God of his own life.Just have to believe in yourself and not a religion. Whatd o you think about that?
Lordhermes

Activity: 1232
Merit: 379

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2021, 04:55:13 AM

Religion has to deal with one's belief or perception towards the supernatural being that we do not see and worship.There are several religions in the world,and those religions have their own believe and how they believe it.
To me,it seems not to be necessory because instead of the humans to have a United Nations and be in one accord,the introduction of religions and it beliefs scatters the people,and make it hard for them to see people of another religion as their brother,and therefore it brings enemity between humans.So instead of it to be for good,it's for bad.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
December 02, 2021, 04:07:10 AM

Is religion necessary for humans?

Of course it is. It gives them comfort knowing why they die.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
im posible

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2021, 04:48:16 AM

It is necessary if you want to be human.
It is important if you want to live and live life.
It is important if you know what the purpose of life is for.
And it doesn't matter to those who just want to live without living their life.

│▌            p a y M e            ▐│         ►  FACEBOOK      ►  TWITTER      ►  INSTAGRAM
TRIVIA QUIZ CONSOLE   |   ...Empowering Futures For All
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬   Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2021, 05:05:00 AM

Cool

People die because of major organ failures.

I don't find any comfort in this fact.

Stories about life after death are just lies.  Cell death is an irreversible process.

Grow up.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2021, 06:52:46 AM

Cool

People die because of major organ failures.

I don't find any comfort in this fact.

Stories about life after death are just lies.  Cell death is an irreversible process.

Grow up.

See all the comfort you are getting from your atheism religion?     Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
exoticweiner

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 02, 2021, 06:41:46 PM

Humans are not necessarily a religious creature, I'd argue we're just very prone to being ideologically-possessed. That ideology could be a religious or political one. The declining popularity of religion is the reason why people are so ideologically possessed nowadays, humans want to believe in something.
matveevich

Activity: 17
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2021, 06:52:27 PM

Faith saves a person in a difficult moment, believers are less susceptible to suicide, since a person who does not have spiritual attachment at a difficult moment does not find anyone to ask to make his life easier.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2021, 11:07:40 PM

"Necessary" isn't the right word. Rather, it's "natural." Just look at all the religions of the past and present to see that people are religious beings.

Cool

syedzakir

Activity: 95
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 11, 2021, 05:17:54 PM

Religion is necessary for humans for having a code and conduct of life . They must be having a proper knowledge about doing things in their life according to any religion they belong to.
Religion also bounds people in boundaries which can be proven beneficial for them

►           ►     enVoy       │        envoydefi.com     ◄           ◄
▐ █│     Sustainably Green Trust in Trade     │█ ▌
DrWho42

Activity: 265
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2021, 09:27:15 PM

i don't believe so

locus (http://locusmag.com)
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2021, 10:51:14 PM

i don't believe so

Thanks for your faith showing through this part of your religion.

Cool

Masplanc

Activity: 798
Merit: 34

View Profile
December 17, 2021, 08:53:43 AM

What is religion at the first  place?? I think religion is a belief  which people's apply to their life or practice every day. Any thing any one practices that is the religion of that person.. every one has religion and practice religion   it could  be a well religion we all know or it could  be a personal practice  that's a religion  as far as the person  believes in  it.

██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██
syedakhlaque

Activity: 396
Merit: 30

View Profile
December 17, 2021, 10:06:46 AM

Yes, religion is necessary for humans. If there will not be religion, There will be no morality or moral values. There will not need for building good character. There will be no concept of the day of judgment. So everyone will be free from all kinds of divine rules and regulations. There will be rules of cruelty, injustice, bad characters, wicked and powerful people. Man will not be a super creature.His status will be like an animal. So it will not be impossible for any person or gentleman to spend life in the world.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: