Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:33:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the 3 thing you look for in an ICO?  (Read 6257 times)
suryogandul

Activity: 550
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:08:28 AM

3 things in my mind before choosing an ico:
- the concept offered
- the background of the developers and team
- whitepaper and road map

I always spend a long time to read and understand the whitepaper. Reading the background of his team is a pleasure in my self. everyone who supports the project, and profit sharing that they are offered

PANK21

Activity: 342
Merit: 108

Bounty Detective

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:25:03 AM

The three things i look for in an ICO is that they can manage all the things that are needed in creating a project . I also look for  the things that they solve the problems that may occur as soon as possible. An ICO requires participants and investors to make the project successful but it depends the way things works. I look for an ICO that can make the best communication to all the users and participants that may ask somethings about their project or their given ANN thread. I look for a successful ICO that not only reach its goal but also push the limits to become the most successful ICO that exist.

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Telegram Channel|Twitter|Telegram Group|Youtube Channel
PPleaseman

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:32:52 AM

Hi

-do the solve a problem
-Team (references, linkedin,companys)
-Github
bhoybitcoin

Activity: 336

“Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics”

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:42:31 PM

All of your answers makes sense but it is much better if you're going to do your own surveys and studies on your perspective ICO. Always remember to be safe because we're all here to earn and not to be scammed.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 08:00:59 PM

The ICO is a scam by design..
Until you launch one or buy them for profit.
It's like saying some pyramid schemes are legit..

FUD first & ask questions later™
irmasany

Activity: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 08:37:50 PM

everything you say, is very much related to choice.
to choose an ico you have to do that research is paramount.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:09:29 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2017, 05:03:41 AM by BartS

As the question reads.  For me:

-  The concept/vision - is it innovative?  does it solve a real world problem?  is the problem it solves something I am interested in?
-  The team - Size and experience.
-  How the coin relates to the concept.  Is the coin a key part of the platform?  Are other payment methods available to users, etc.

All of those are important, the first thing is to look at the white paper, many times the white paper is very short or not detailed enough if they cannot bother to make a decent white paper then, How we can expect that they are going to develop a successful project? Looking at the devs is important but now many icos are just bringing some people to be the image of the ico even if they are not going to be an essential part of the team so you need to be careful with that.
rainbow169

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:52:54 PM

I would check the following

- Is there a product, or at least a whitepaper? Does it make sense to use blockchain or coin?
- Who are the investor and advisor?
- Who is the team and do they have proven track record in the area.
- How big is the market? What's the reaction in slack /social channels
Haesoo

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:02:10 PM

I always check and analyze these three.

1. White paper and road map - truly I'm lazy reading this but of course I wanna know if its have a potential and not scam
2. The team - if its well known or credible when it come to this field.
3. Bounty allocation - how much percent will be able to distribute to the participants and the investors.
chilly9876

Activity: 246

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 11:15:54 PM

Whitepaper and team
Maketcap and distribution
Value of market they're entering

Check out Real ICO..
The crowdfunded real estate market will be worth over 300 billion in a few years according to forbes

Jincor
Genuinely simple smart contracts and cryptocurrency transactions for any business
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Whitepaper FacebookTwitterTelegramLinkedin
Jincor ICO 15th of November, 2017[/center
redhack
Legendary

Activity: 1860
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:17:10 PM

Idea - If idea is not good don't even start crowdfunding. Idea sell the product.
Innovation - Is it new thing or did somebody else do it before? Innovation is important. Either make a new thing or make better product for current thing.
Team - They must be important people in their area. They need to follow roadmap and don't give promises that they can't make that happen.
chilly9876

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 11:44:04 PM

Also see if they have a working product or prototype.
Look for competitors, their progress and current value

Jincor
Genuinely simple smart contracts and cryptocurrency transactions for any business
chilly9876

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 11:45:00 PM

Also join their slack and telegram channels, see how many people have joined and follow the updates.

Jincor
mikhael

Activity: 317
Merit: 317

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:44:56 AM

If the ICO offers a innovative technology, getting quite a lot of positive attention most especially on social media and lastly there is an overwhelming support from the crypto community as a whole.
HomeToken

Activity: 126

HomeToken - Tokenized Real Estate Fund

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 01:53:29 AM

Cross check against my own work experience, understanding of people and what the ICO is trying to solve.

A lot of ICOs pump out a lot of theory without regard of regulation, or think that their project is so brilliant that they can capture their market within a few short years.

Most of them are probably gonna burn through all the funds raised before achieving market acceptance.

tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:59:55 AM

Cross check against my own work experience, understanding of people and what the ICO is trying to solve.

A lot of ICOs pump out a lot of theory without regard of regulation, or think that their project is so brilliant that they can capture their market within a few short years.

Most of them are probably gonna burn through all the funds raised before achieving market acceptance.

ICO's are all about profit, profit for the creators and profit for the investors, there is hardly any projects out there that will offer you anything genuine, let-alone something tangible.

Most coins out there are marketing their coins on superficial promises, and most will fall short of anything near that's promised, I fully trust the coins who have shown over years of dedication to their infrastructure, but most of us have become millionaires at this point.

This is a good thread for ideas on how to avoid scams. There is an underlying undertone to every digital currency ICO or whatever.. profit
LakeBTC

Activity: 903
Merit: 1000

LakeBTC.com

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 02:06:57 AM

Bull fucking shit.
All you guys "look for" is what is going to give you profit.
..then
You show up here posting idiotic garbage like this.

You all also posted attributes that are easily faked gamed or scammed up hard.
In other words even if you were sincere your comments are fucking stupid.

What about a project that's already at a mature developmental stage? That is not easily faked.

LakeBanker: Free Banking for the World     LakeBanker.com   Token Sale. Participate Now!
Jacko234

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:10:04 AM

which I look for in ICO:
1.products in the project, whether the products on the ICO serve in the market.
2.vision of the project, all must be realistic and convincing the project in the future.
3.tim, because the team plays an important role for the sustainability of the ICO.
Tq
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 04:27:50 AM

I personally participate in ICO in signature companies, and not as an investor. When choosing a campaign project, I first of all look at what sectors invest in money, where the coins will be created and therefore the future will be there. Then, of course, I pay attention to the team that is behind this project. However, everything here can hardly be calculated. It is all relatively and in part partly necessary to rely on intuition.
stupid_seb

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 05:20:24 AM

I just look for 1 thing:
Spoetnik's posts on the official coin ICO thread.

It is better than all the dumps, scams or pumps.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: