Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:13:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will digital currency ever replace paper money?
Yes - 206 (51.6%)
No - 193 (48.4%)
Total Voters: 399

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think digital currency will ever replace paper money?  (Read 11172 times)
John Langut

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:24:59 PM

That will not happen. Although I hardly carry cash wuth me nowadays and always pay with my credit acrd it sometimes comes in handy when you got cash in your pocket. Big amounts are paid by transfer, so in that case paper money is of no use. But digital currency will not replace paper money, not in this decade.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dalmar

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

Life is short, practice empathy in your life

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:33:04 PM

Money is economic tool and bitcoin is another form of digital tool. You can use it like paper money but economic inflation cant synch with cryptocurrencies.Maybe in future prices will be more stable.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

B i t c o i n t a l k   ▄▄▄▄▄

DONATION CAMPAIGN

▄
                                   ▄██
               ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄███
             ▄█████████▄        ████
▄▄▄         ▄████████████     ▄████▀
 ▀██▄▄      █████████████   ▄█████▀
  ▀█████▄   █████████████  ▄██████
    ▀█████▄  ███████████▀▄███████
     ▀██████▄▄▀▀██████▀ ████████▀
       ████████▄      ▄████████▀
        █████████▄  ▄██████████
         █████████████████████
          ████████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ██████████████▀▀▀
          ███████▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀

BE A HOPE
FOR A LIVABLE WORLD
▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████▀       ▀█▀       ▀█████████
███████████▀                    █████████
███████████                     █████████
█████████████                   ███████████
██████████████▄               ▄████████████
████████████████▄▄▄         ▄█▀▀   ████████
███████████▀▀     ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██     ▄████████
██████▀█▄                ▀▀▀█▄ ▄█████████
██████▄ █▄          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄███████████
██████▄ ▀█                ▄████████████
██████▄  ██████▄▄▄    ▄██████████████
▀██████▄██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀

ONE

little

HELP CHANGES
EVERYTHING

..DONATE..
sweetbet

Activity: 961
Merit: 110

SweetBet.com

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 08:52:27 PM

I would say no because many people, especially those who don't have internet access would still need paper money.

Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:17:17 PM

Yes, I strongly believe that digital currency will replace paper money. As we know in our present world, there is a high concurrence between paper money and digital currency. China has banned bitcoin, and some other countries have recognized it as a payment method. If many countries or people start to know about bitcoin and accept it, banks will go bankrupt. An economic crisis will rise. So, there will be a fight between the governments and its citizens who use bitcoin. But I believe that the digital currency will in. I do not know why I am saying that, but it is just a hunch.  
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:22:27 PM

If the crypto currency and replaces the usual paper money, it will not happen soon. While there are no necessary technical conditions for this, as well as the population lacks the necessary theoretical knowledge and practical skills for working with the crypto currency. In technologically not developed countries, this can not be discussed at all.
knowcrypto

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 09:24:50 PM

With time, digital takes over everything. It might not be digital currency as we know it, but these are the stepping stones for future digital currencies that will eventually take over.

STOP SENDING LIKES; START SENDING MONEY
Social Send Platform
Social Send Website
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:25:32 PM

I don't think digital currency will replace Fiat, it may later be dominant but fiat will still remain, not everyone can work with cryptocurrent, not everyone will be educated and not every one will be able to operate this technological devices.

the wheels are circle so there have possibilities to replace the fiat money of the digital currency its called bitcoin a currency using by new technology system because bitcoin is the time of new era as decentralized cryptocurrency this going fast movement in the world of currency become famous among us, and i'm not agree with mate because now is time of new era the people for now know to use the new technology including gadget even the old man use the cellular phone with have capability to connect into the internet.
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:18:42 PM

I think digital currency will replace paper. I don't think I would invest in crypto if I did not believe that.

I live in Sweden and 75% of shops, restaurants and bars do not accept cash as a payment. I think Sweden will be one of the first countries to adopt crypto mainstream.
I really cannot understand why majority of the shops and restaurants and bars do not accept cash as a payment,it looks like a bit strange for an outsider,may be they have a better tax system and all the shop owners do take these things seriously and only allow payments through the right channel or they have a serious counterfeiting problem in the country. Grin .I want paper and digital currency to co exist rather than replacing .
no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:33:16 PM

Yes. It's just a matter of how soon will the merchants accept bitcoins for payments and also how soon will the people practice the peer to peer bitcoin transactions. Probably in the next 5 to 8 years bitcoin will gradually replace the use of debit cards, and then the paper money. Just my opinion, though. - I don't use paper money nowadays that much, and believe me it is more convenient than having cash in wallet.
DarkSi

Activity: 294
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:35:09 PM

There are still some places at the Earth where even paper money don't work. So I don't thinks it is correct to say 'replace'. But for sure we will be able to pay at the store with cryptocurrency in the nearest future.
God Fist

Activity: 126
Merit: 25

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:37:33 PM

This will never happen , or even if it will it won't be this near because not all people have access or even understand the concept of digital currencies , so it'll be a long way before cryptos steals the throne from cash money .
Shotz

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:40:09 PM

The real question is when will digital currency be sustainable in the case of a power outage and internet outage.   The biggest advantage that cash has right now is that it doesn't need electricity or internet to have value.   

pecson134

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:56:13 AM

Personally I say yes as our society becomes increasingly dependent upon technology, digital currency will become a more popular means of paying for different things and it is more effective and instant. I haven't used much physical money in the past 8 years and I rarely had any problems with that.

What do you guys think? Wink

I think this is quite possible in the future since technology always advances and its era will bloom more. But for now I think it is not possible to happen yet since(though this is not the main reason but still an issue) not all countries were supporting bitcoins and what more they banned it. Unless the issue can be taken care of then this would be a good move.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
LaDonnaLive

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:06:26 AM

I do not think crypto will entirely replace printed money in the immediate future. I however see it as a very good possibility later maybe 10-15 years. we are already pretty much a cashless society with all the use of credit cards and debit cards as well as large companies paying payroll on debit cards and the transfer of funds on money cards of all types. The wave of the future is approaching.
ajiejot

Activity: 392
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:20:25 AM

For me no, we can use digital currency but not totally 100% that will replace paper money. Because of the governments, some governments in every country will not authorized that and legalized that. Even though the digital currency will help our daily lives to pay in every transactions we made.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:22:49 AM

I do not think crypto will entirely replace printed money in the immediate future. I however see it as a very good possibility later maybe 10-15 years. we are already pretty much a cashless society with all the use of credit cards and debit cards as well as large companies paying payroll on debit cards and the transfer of funds on money cards of all types. The wave of the future is approaching.
Even in the next two decades I doubt that there is going to be any major shift to a completely cashless society, and a majority of the time I would not trust any sort of banking system holding some digits they can just delete ant any point if you just happen to not be a good goy. Having a banking system built around only digits makes fiat now even less valuable than it could have ever been, crime becomes easier in some of its own ways since people will now move to technical fields of study, siphoning a few extra dollars (which are no more than digits which control you) becomes something not completely inconceivable.

TLDR Cashless societies are bad.
Terry05

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:54:26 AM

In my opinion no. Its very dificult to replace paper money in our respective country because paper money has been approved  for so long ago in each country supported with the coprehensive law,while bitcoin is not legalize yet and some countries are not embrasing these digital money.another problem is the technilogy that will process the bitcoin transactions nation wide or world wide.
ongels

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:01:13 AM

Not so fast , maybe it took several years for realization, as of now we are in the process of adaptation, All things we incur right now is preparation to a new world , One evidence of adaptation is the presence of credit cards, which is already practiced by big cities/urban areas, and then the sprouting
 of cryptocurrency,  Another question, what about next?
sumangs

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:07:38 AM

I believe it would replace the paper money since there will be a digital revolution that occurs in the future. Making things easier which things involving money is included. Bitcoin has a key role in this revolution and it replaces the fiat money. There might be centralization of bitcoin if this thing happens since there are some power hunger nations or a family that wants to own it for some hidden agenda. That is only a possibility when we start using digital currency. But the point here is that we will be a cashless society in the future and the currency is bitcoin.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:45:26 AM

I believe it would replace the paper money since there will be a digital revolution that occurs in the future. Making things easier which things involving money is included. Bitcoin has a key role in this revolution and it replaces the fiat money. There might be centralization of bitcoin if this thing happens since there are some power hunger nations or a family that wants to own it for some hidden agenda. That is only a possibility when we start using digital currency. But the point here is that we will be a cashless society in the future and the currency is bitcoin.
It would replace the paper money but the digital currency will not be bitcoin because bitcoin has limited supply only which is not enough for the world so if there will be a digital currency, it will come form the government which is the replacement for the physical fiat that we have right now. I am not anti-bitcoin or cryptocurrency but i am just stating the possible thing to happen.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: