Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:27:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will digital currency ever replace paper money?
Yes - 206 (51.6%)
No - 193 (48.4%)
Total Voters: 399

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think digital currency will ever replace paper money?  (Read 11170 times)
TonyFat

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 01:39:21 PM

in the next 10 years I believe there will be no more paper money, only digital

..WOWSECRET..
Innovative Content Platform
..WOWCOINTWITTERTELEGRAM..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chuoinguyen227

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

Vite

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:43:23 PM

It is hard to replace paper money, because not everyone knows the virtual currency, virtual currency is really convenient but also convenient to people who know it. So virtual currency can not be replaced!!!!

⚫     ViteX    
|     Exchange By The Community,For The Community     |
Bitcointalk  DEX  |  Website  |  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Vite Wallet  |  Vite Forum  |  Discord
Tashi

Activity: 391

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:59:55 PM

Well in my opinion, yes. In time, I do believe that our money will be replaced by fiat money. As innovation and technology advances, we are making things more convenient, that's why all things are being replaced with a more easier way to do so. Just like credit cards, traditionally we are using cash to pay in all our transactions in Malls, Groceries etc, with the help of credit cards, it makes us buy and transact things with just one swipe. So yeah, I do believe that in time, we'll be replacing paper money with digital currencies.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
abitCrypto

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:46:04 PM

It looks like one day digital currency will replace paper money. It will certainly take long time to get to wide range of audience.
Plie

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:52:11 PM

I do not think so. There is no electricity everywhere, and even more Internet. Paper money has still a long time to live !
Shinza

Activity: 72

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:57:30 PM

Personally I say yes as our society becomes increasingly dependent upon technology, digital currency will become a more popular means of paying for different things and it is more effective and instant. I haven't used much physical money in the past 8 years and I rarely had any problems with that.

What do you guys think? Wink
This is  impossible unless the fee is reduced. When using paper money for direct transactions, you haven't to pay any the fee and paper money is used in most transactions even the smallest. As long as digital money can meet these two things, then perhaps that will happen. At present, the means of supporting digital payment is very limited. So paper money is still the strongest currency.

cjinny

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:57:39 PM

Digital currencies will never replace the banknotes in full, but digital currencies can only replace and simplify some transactions that paper money can not.
Rooster101

Activity: 826
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:02:40 AM

I don't think digital currency will replace Fiat, it may later be dominant but fiat will still remain, not everyone can work with cryptocurrent, not everyone will be educated and not every one will be able to operate this technological devices.

That's what i think also, it will be difficult for any digital currency to replace money or fiat even in the near future. Fiat will continue to be the main currency because majority of the people is still not a tech-savvy or still don't know how to use or spend virtual currency. They are more convenient to carry cash than to spend an intangible or invisible money. If entire population will study the new system of using virtual money, then there might be a possibility of replacing the paper money with the digital currency in the future.
Skyshark

Activity: 505

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:08:18 AM

Personally I say yes as our society becomes increasingly dependent upon technology, digital currency will become a more popular means of paying for different things and it is more effective and instant. I haven't used much physical money in the past 8 years and I rarely had any problems with that.

With the modernization that our world is going, it is not possible to say that paper money is directed to be replaced, and I can see no other that can replace it best but cryptocurrency, and the best candidate to be the worlds one currency or our international currency.

Traslavin

Activity: 461
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:11:45 AM

New technologies are invading the world and soon there will be no more use of paper neither in trading nor in ordinary and daily work.
Many people are using credit cards to make payments. The only problem is that there still people that do not have access to the Internet otherwise, we can say goodbye to paper money.
Yes its true we can actually seen this scenario in present time so I can say that yes I think digital currency and will replace paper money soon but of course its needed the internet access so for now it is the current problem that users of bitcoin encountered because like here in our country the speed of internet connection is not that fast, and it is also cost a thousand peso to maintain a monthly connection of internet.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
KesoNie
Copper Member

Activity: 672
Merit: 270

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:21:07 AM

Physical money is dirty, why use that if you can stay clean with BTC?

Yes its true physical money is dirty and if I would choose between these two I would prefer BTC. Because using BTC in my daily life is less hassle to carry or even get less to get afraid to carry money when your out of the house because you wouldn't get worry that you would catch by snatcher. And since were now at modern technologies and technologies are invading already in our society today so I think it wouldn't that far enough that BTC would replace paper money.
Boov

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:29:08 AM

It is hard to replace paper money, because not everyone knows the virtual currency, virtual currency is really convenient but also convenient to people who know it. So virtual currency can not be replaced!!!!
For now yes it is hard to replace paper money by digital currency because digital currency are not acceptable already by society like here in our country. But I believe that someday it could possibly be. Why not? Because we are now already in digital world and modern technologies and. As we all know transferring money from one part of the world to another is already. Possible, paying bills using cards is already possible so replacing paper money to digital currency will maybe 10-20 years from now will also be possible.
Jannatul Shefa

Activity: 312
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 11:42:02 AM

Yes I think it's obviously possible that digital currency will take the place of paper money.Because now a days peoples are much dependent on digital currency more than cash. For example Unites States, Netherland,Denmark  and so on.
So i think here's a great possibility that digital currency will ever replace paper money.

gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:09:35 AM

Yes I think it's obviously possible that digital currency will take the place of paper money.Because now a days peoples are much dependent on digital currency more than cash. For example Unites States, Netherland,Denmark  and so on.
So i think here's a great possibility that digital currency will ever replace paper money.

Replace as the main currency, probably. But to say that it will wipe fiat's existence is folly. You've mentioned here developed countries that can have easy access to technology that will support a paperless system. But the third world and poorer countries, i doubt that its going to work there

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Zabrielle

Activity: 294
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:13:52 AM

In my opinion, nope,, there are third worl countries that cant relate with it. Counties that are poor who depend with paper money. In fact credit card dont apply anywhere. Paper money is still a must! Although most of the transactions now are true online but still we pay for money in the back. I still dont see that paper will face out..
King Sastro

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:58:37 AM

Yes, digital currency will replace paper money in future. But, paper money also need for many sectors. Now a day, we see people used the ATM,Master card etc.That is the part of digital process. So digital currency will help the people and faster our life every corner of the world.

Yes I agree, many estimates that paper money immediately replaced digital currency, now many countries are testing the use of digital currency so it is expected to succeed and soon replace paper money.

PRIMEXCOIN
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
DevilSlayer

Activity: 1400
Merit: 357

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:26:04 AM

I can't predict what will happen in future. Many people says that cashless society will happen. The cryptocurrencies are becoming more popular than before and I think it will become more popular in this following years.
jackhdt

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:35:40 AM

I voted no. because there the goods should be purchased with paper money rather than Bitcoin and in my country has banned transactions with Bitcoin. but I'm sure digital money will soon be bringing on dealing in parallel with paper money, this is the era of technology and blockchain is good technology today.

Make me great again
dettihegedus

Activity: 237

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:50:46 AM

It will take a very long and hard time for digital currency to replace paper money, because paper money has been exist for long time and has many benefits like easy to use, accepted by anywhere, trusted by all people, moreover, bitcoin has appeared recently so few people unwiling to use that kind of digital currency becasue they dont have trust on digital money.

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 10:01:37 AM

Has this not really already happened.

Online banking - digital.
Credit and Debit cards - digital.

Its just how we look at FIAT. FIAT is just an old fashioned cryptocurrency. Its cryptic method is different in that it used patterns and watermarks.

Maybe the question should be "Do you think all currencies will become decentralized?"

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: