Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:14:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi Buckets - A game with a winning strategy! 1 BTC GIVEAWAY, 0.3 BTC LEFT.  (Read 9699 times)
bitshy (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 01:23:00 PM

Quote from: thisisgil
Perhaps you could consider making so that you receive payouts from the address of whatever bucket you still have funds in? It would seem much more intuitive that way.

Sorry, but that wouldn't work. The transactions have to come from the fallen buckets: it's just the way the bitcoin system is designed. Otherwise we would pay a lot more in transaction fees.

How many confirmations to get into a bucket? 1? 2? 3?

1 confirmation. As soon as all buckets have 0.025 BTC worth, all confirmed at least once, one of the buckets falls.
PurpleTentacle

Activity: 384
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 01:33:09 PM

A history of the most recent transactions (only when a bucket falls) would be nice , complete with time, tx link and payments.

bitshy (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 01:54:20 PM

A history of the most recent transactions (only when a bucket falls) would be nice , complete with time, tx link and payments.

Thanks for the feedback! :-)

I'm planning to implement a history feature in a couple weeks, when I finally have time to sit down and do it. In the meanwhile, you can click on the bucket images to be taken to blockchain.info for each bucket. You can also download http://satoshibuckets.bitshy.org/live/history.csv, if you want to, which contains (very basic) information on each round / block.
thisisgil

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 11:16:34 PM

Bitshy - what times do you consider your peak playing hours? Seems mostly European friendly hours to me Smiley

Mother of no children. Part-time idiot. Full-time douche.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 11:30:51 PM

Bitshy - what times do you consider your peak playing hours? Seems mostly European friendly hours to me Smiley

Good question. I think maybe some type of chart that is broken down into hours (or even like 2 hour blocks) showing the payments input would help. Ex: 2PM: 5 (this would represent 2PM and there being 5 payments total). Doesn't even need to show the amounts. Just something to help visualize when the best time to hang out on the site is for gaming.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
bitshy (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 11:43:02 AM

Hello folks, the server is down. :-/ The host says they're fixing the issue, so all we can do is wait.

I think so too.
i3lome

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:20:19 PM

Is anyone else having problems connecting to Satoshi Buckets
thisisgil

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:41:01 PM

Is anyone else having problems connecting to Satoshi Buckets

Hello folks, the server is down. :-/ The host says they're fixing the issue, so all we can do is wait.

thisisgil

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 09:26:23 AM

Bitshy -

Any updates on the downtime? I'm getting serious withdrawal here (plus I still have coins sitting in buckets!)

counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 10:02:04 AM

Yeah I have been having trouble also I was wondering what was up or if it was just me having trouble getting on the site.
thisisgil

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 10:11:11 AM

Yeah I have been having trouble also I was wondering what was up or if it was just me having trouble getting on the site.

Bitshy said the site was down as of a couple of days ago and that his hosting guy was looking into it. Would love an update though, as I really want to start playing some more Smiley (Not to mention that we haven't had any 0.1btc prize winners announced for a while now....)

bitshy (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 10:31:07 AM

I am so sorry, everyone.

The site is still down. The server is still down. The host says there was a critical hardware failure -- the physical server machine has broken down. This was certainly not caused by Satoshi Buckets -- something more fundamental is at stake. Unfortunately, on my end, the only thing I can do is wait.

If this goes on much longer, I will repay all outstanding bets. Unfortunately, without access to the server, I cannot return individual transactions without returning all of them. Otherwise, if the situation is resolved soon, all of the bucket money will stay in the buckets and will be processed as normal when the service is up and running again. (Nothing was lost in the server crash. The Bitcoin network keeps track of every transaction.)

I hope the server comes back up in the next couple of days, but the server host hasn't given a timeline, and they haven't given me an update since Saturday.

Needless to say, the giveaway is suspended until the server is back up.

junglist.massive

Activity: 759
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 11:35:03 AM

I'll watcz this theard. write if page will back!
i3lome

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 07:04:48 AM

Yay, its back up time to play again
thisisgil

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:48:49 AM

Paging bitshy! Confirmed trans not showing in red bucket - can you take a look?

bitshy (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 10:37:35 AM

Oh boy! The site is back up, the server is booting. It should be working in about 15 minutes. Until then, be skeptical about the bucket totals. (Or just look at blockchain.info.)

The giveaway is back on!
bitshy (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 11:38:42 AM

Ok, Satoshi Buckets is officially back up!
thisisgil

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 11:39:46 AM

Ok, Satoshi Buckets is officially back up!

thisisgil

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:22:30 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2013, 03:08:21 PM by thisisgil

Here's an interesting scenario:

So at this point, no buckets will fall, because there is not enough money in red. However, nobody with any brains is going to drop coin into red as it has the highest chance of dropping and also the lowest long-term outlook.

Surely in this situation, the game should be offering up a carrot on a stick to encourage people to drop coins into red?

EDIT: Also -

When a bucket falls: 2% of its value is returned to its backers (to signal the fallen bucket), 1% of its value is donated to Bitshy Productions, a transaction fee is paid, and then the remaining value is split in half. Each half is divided equally among the supporters of the other two buckets.

Shouldn't it be like this:

1% Bitshy
2% Losers
5% Trans Fee (Est.)
92% Split proportionally amongst other bucket supporters. So for example, if 4 people are in for 0.005 and 1 person is in for 0.01, the person with 0.01 should get 33% of the 92% split and the other 4 people should each get 17% of the 92% split.

As it is at the moment, there is no incentive to bet anything higher than 0.005 in a bucket, which means that as people learn, you'll be missing out on an opportunity to encourage higher bets and by extension a higher rake back for bitshy! Smiley

bitshy (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:47:08 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2013, 03:57:16 PM by bitshy

Surely in this situation, the game should be offering up a carrot on a stick to encourage people to drop coins into red?

There are three reasons why you might still want to play in red in this situation:

- You might expect green or blue to get higher by the time red meets the threshold.
- You might be feeling lucky.
- There is a massive giveaway going on that means that playing in red is still a net positive even if it is originally a net negative. (Hey! That sounds familiar!)

Also, if I increased the bucket threshold to 0.05 BTC, it would be advantageous to place a minimum bet in green, in the analogous situation. Then the expected value of each bucket would change once again. So perhaps when we jump to the next Satoshi Buckets round threshold (which will happen some day, I'm pretty sure) that particular situation cannot occur. (Though similar situations probably still can.)

5% Trans Fee (Est.)

Right now the estimated transaction fee is actually 0.4%, often less.

92% Split proportionally amongst other bucket supporters.

Sorry, this is an error with my description of the game! The reward is proportional to the amount of money you put in! Otherwise there really would be no incentive to bet more than 0.005.

I updated the description on the site.

[EDIT: I edited this post to add more thoughts.]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: