Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:36:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: why do governments don't make BTC illegal worldwide ?  (Read 8098 times)
bacio2

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:05:00 PM

Something like that impossible no longer! I do not believe that such a thing will happen. The governments have to adapt, of course for the sake of mankind. The last days, an article about 'Digital Revolution' was published on the IMF website. Are the centralization and the authority for the good of mankind? I think we must have doubts about in this regard.
http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/fandd/2018/06/impact-of-digital-technology-on-economic-growth/muhleisen.htm
HaddenChapman

Activity: 175

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:10:27 PM

I'm wondering this because is such a real threat to bank system and we all know how banks and governments are tightly linked !

BTC could make people more autonomous, self-resilient, being their own bank. You can use it like cash, making your transaction almost untraceable (or untraceable using e.g. monero or dash or laundry systems) : this is governments worst nightmare, isn't it ?

Bitcoin is illegal in a lot of countries, however, there are some governments that have realized its importance; i.e they can earn revenue from it and they know that no matter how much ban there will be on Bitcoin, people will use it anonymously. Coins like PRG are giving people benefits of cannabis, therefore they will keep using it.
Jcabudx

Activity: 236
Merit: 39

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:31:38 PM

I'm wondering this because is such a real threat to bank system and we all know how banks and governments are tightly linked !

BTC could make people more autonomous, self-resilient, being their own bank. You can use it like cash, making your transaction almost untraceable (or untraceable using e.g. monero or dash or laundry systems) : this is governments worst nightmare, isn't it ?

Why government don't make it illegal worldwide? Because some country saw the goos result for their people who are in need. Also bitcoin can be one of the source of income of every people in the world that can help them to lift up their life. Government sees its important to other people and how bitcoin change everyones life.
HaroldConway

Activity: 185

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:37:48 PM

Governments are scared to ban bitcoin because they know that people can still use it and if there is a ban, they might indulge into using it more. Bitcoin is supported by the number of users it has. For example, TAU has a lot of users who are getting a lot of profits, therefore they shall never stop using it.
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:40:41 PM

Bitcoin is illegal in a lot of countries, however, there are some governments that have realized its importance; i.e they can earn revenue from it and they know that no matter how much ban there will be on Bitcoin, people will use it anonymously. Coins like PRG are giving people benefits of cannabis, therefore they will keep using it.

Based on what I heard from my government statements in regard with bitcoin, they stated that bitcoin is very volatile and that is the main reaseon why my government didn't legalize it till today. There are still some other reasons but volatility is the main one.

imking

Activity: 406
Merit: 117

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:28:10 AM

We can make the bitcoin illegal worldwide because there some country not acknowledge the benefits of having the bitcoin and they don’t know that bitcoin can help their economy develop. They only focus on the negative side of the bitcoin. They notice if they allow the people use the bitcoin the transaction will be faster and reliable. I wish that mind of the government is open to the innovations If there is no their world always be away.
jurelmartin

Activity: 91

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:50:50 AM

Because bitcoin is not created with the purpose of using it in a bad ways, it was only used to do bad things just like any other traditional currency. Bitcoin is created to be able to solve a problem that most of the people is facing right now specially when sending money abroad. And of course they dont have that power and right reasons to make bitcoin illegal because basically its not illegal.
cris ronaldo

Activity: 96

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:37:01 AM

The answer is not possible because it could lead to the problem in the country, for the case of trivial alone could cost the state, let alone with digital currency may be a little complicated to set up to the Constitution in it.
mdrakibul

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 08:45:14 AM

Because governments doesn't predict this is coming that Bitcoin will reach this point that it is the most valuable currency in the existence of money in history of human.I think if all banks can work together with bitcoin then the bank will get a lot of benefits, so bitcoin will also be more popular and the price will go up, both mutually benefit.
The best one

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 01:58:14 PM

I think because the characteristic of bitcoin  is very decentralized so it can be different money conventional that it is issued by central bank so the government doesn’t give bitcoin  legally but The government doesn’t forbid the users of bitcoin have them and the government only forbid bitcoin as transaction.
Ayaancool

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 03:01:46 PM

For what purpose the government make illegal bitcoin? ,there is no use if they use bitcoin for illegal. They are missing tax return from it through illegal use. They can earn more from implementing tax from it than illegal use of bitcoin.
handsomes

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 03:21:57 PM

In worldwide therefore not legal bitcoin it because the governments are not they will not benefit so the system of the bitcoin but other counter is legal because the others make sense and make benefits.
lynttrs

Activity: 31

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 03:38:54 PM

In worldwide therefore not legal bitcoin it because the governments are not they will not benefit so the system of the bitcoin but other counter is legal because the others make sense and make benefits.
Governments don’t make btc illegal worldwide because it is the future of currency. Most of us believe on the potential and power of bitcoin. It will replace our old financial system to a way more advanced and systematic form of financial system.
Lekzy

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 03:43:01 PM

It's a threat to them and they realise they can't control it but all the same they can't shut it down, they can only regulate some things.
martirosyan666

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 03:53:46 PM

Governments of different countries can no longer prohibit bitcoin. Bitcoin and other crypto currency already have a strong influence on the economy and financial system of most states. To prohibit bitcoin and other crypto currency means already putting these systems at risk because people will use other options for using crypto currency and the state will be at risk of leaking money outside of the state, where the situation will be more favorable for the crypto currency. So we can say that the point of no return of the crypto currency has already passed.
Erlinda Santiago

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 04:03:40 PM

because some governments dont care about bitcoin and some governments uses cryptocurrency too so they cant ban bitcoin worldwide

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Nakakapagpabagabag

Activity: 350

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 04:13:17 PM

because some governments dont care about bitcoin and some governments uses cryptocurrency too so they cant ban bitcoin worldwide
I think its because other countries see its good side, its ability to help their country economy just like japan, they are using bitcoin for buying in the fast food, and other shops. Other governmemts dont like bitcoin because of its bad side, they can be use for transactions anonymously, so that the criminals can freely trade illegal things.

jcmansah7

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 04:39:35 PM

Absolutely partner, the lack of crontrol over transactions that are made with cryptocurrency scares the man out of both the government and the banks. Cryptocurrency are transferred via a peer to peer network and this makes huge transactions  occur on such platform elude the taxes that the government and banks would have imposed. This makes them lose funds that they could have generated through taxing all those transactions and most countries have their major source of national funds coming from taxes levied on the people. With this in mind legalization of bitcoin will make most governments lose a whole lot of money.

marinakofoleva

Activity: 336