Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:46:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying from ICO or trading altcoin.  (Read 2114 times)
OMGyasuo

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:57:46 PM

Which is more risky buying a token from the ICO or in trading?
In the past, the purchase of tokens in the ICO would have been less risky, but nowadays I see that buying tokens in both places is less risky. But ICO buys have to wait until the sale token is over and start trading, so trading will be slower. Have to wait to be able to start trading

emirkalyoncu

Activity: 258
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:01:07 PM

I think you should divide your money to pieces like long term coins,short term coins,ICO's and keeping some bitcoins in your pocket.With this division you can lower your risk and you can catch the oportunity where ever it is.There are tooo many ways to earn money in this cyrptoworld.Dont miss any.

Good Luck
ramzhies

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:02:12 PM

ICO is more risky

i would agree on this.. too much scam ico hanging on the corner
kolega

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:34:45 PM

Well, except for trade risk in both cases there are risks of technical or other nature, such as the hacking of exchanges, wallets, changes in legislation, etc. trading without experience and knowledge is a risk. ICO is also risky, but with the help of campaign analysis the risks can be reduced
kimochidesh

Activity: 518
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:59:25 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 03:30:47 PM by kimochidesh

Trading is comparatively less risky than buying ICO. ICO's, many times comes out to be a scam so your whole investment becomes zero, but it can also get you the best profits ever.
So same rule applies here also...More Risk, more profit. It is up to you how much risk you can carry and how good are you in analyzing the team and the ICO.
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:14:57 AM

When you find the good ICO it is more profitable than trading altcoins. With good ICO you could easily turn your initial investment 10x in 3 months. Investing in ICO is very profitable when you know how to find the right ICO. And if we are talking about risk pertaining investment, I think ICO too is the first again because if you mistakenly invest your money in SCAM ICO you gonna lose all your investment. So, if you are a beginner you should start with altcoins first before moving to investing in ICOs.   
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:20:19 AM

ICO is riskier than trading just because most ICO does not have real product yet and you are risking that the devs won't run away with your money. And as I observed, most icos are overpriced.

While in trading, you have a history of the project to check and verify before you put some money on it.
Soksuci

Activity: 199
Merit: 10

Mercy

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:26:53 AM

Both have risk if you ask.

For ICO is for the long term and trading is for you daily.

But careful when choosing ICO because there are many scam this day Smiley
timshk

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:43:20 AM

Both ways are good.
But you need to be careful with join ICO, make research about project and analisys all aspects of it.
richcorner100

Activity: 616

https://exip.live/

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:25:37 PM

In my opinion same level risk between them, this is depend on the risk management , but in ICO promising higher profit than trading because we get cheaper price and also get bonus.

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 
Choii

Activity: 658
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:35:36 PM

ICO is more risky

i would agree on this.. too much scam ico hanging on the corner

Yes your right, that's reason why investing in ICO are so risky because like you said there's so many ico that they become an scam they didn't pay all their participant. However, for me much better to buy altcoin in any exchange site and hold for a long term and sell to gain more profit.

███    TWITTER    MEGATRON      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                     THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION                  LAUNCH EVENT    ███
███  TELEGRAM     WEBSITE           FACEBOOK      ███
nasipadang

Activity: 1274
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:39:20 PM

Buying from ICO is more risky in my opinion, because if you buy from ICO it will be given a token that is more appropriate bonus and rate ICO, but we do not know if ICO is successful and the rate exceeds the rate of ICO, but if successful will give you a profits.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  Super Six 
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
6 BTC PRIZE POOL
TAKE PART
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
H0USE

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:48:55 PM

If we trading means buying token from trading it is less risky as with complete knowledge and research you can trust a coin and have its past growth analysis but on the other side ICO are risky as we dont know its past growth and only estimations can be made but it depends really on coin.So choose it wisely.
arwin100

Activity: 2772
Merit: 817

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 12:51:49 PM

Buying from ICO is more risky in my opinion, because if you buy from ICO it will be given a token that is more appropriate bonus and rate ICO, but we do not know if ICO is successful and the rate exceeds the rate of ICO, but if successful will give you a profits.

Yes it would be risky if you bought you coins on late phase of their ICO since you might baghold the coins you bought for the ICO stage of the token. But I'd rather choose to buy on exchanges and trade it since sometimes you can assure that their's is sudden dump will be happen if the bounty hunters receive a huge part and dump it badly and this one will be the best time for us to accumulate and buy more coins to be hold.

patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:55:01 PM

I would say both are very risky and hard to perform, and both have the potencial to give quite decent profits if done right. I would say that buying into an ICO will give you much more profit if done right. Just look at the profits the top ICOs gave to their investors, day trade can't compete with that. Of course that in day trade you can't really get scammed so it ends up being safer, and you only have yourself to blame at least, and that's a good thing.

Shinpako09
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:44:18 PM

For me, buying ICO is more risky than trading altcoin. If you're trading altcoin, you have a choice/chance to choose only those you think that has a good potential or only those top in the market. While if you're buying a token in ICO you can't be so sure if it's a scam or not until release.
Night4G

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:47:08 PM

trading altcoins might be the best option than buying from ICO because some of the altcoins have a high potential to gain higher profits than buying from ICO that might lead you to loss of bitcoins

Fazlurkhan.kz

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:44:36 PM

Trading in ICO is very risky as it might turn out to be a scam or the team might abandon the project due to their investor backing and leaving. But in trading altcoins on exchanges if we research and invest in a good project or coin then it can make us good profit as the chances of the coin dying reduces a lot. Buying coins in ICOs is cheap but only invest in ICO if you are confident on its success.
Aryan55

Activity: 308
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:15:05 PM

ico is the best way to earn money , cause i seen before many people get millionarie after inveating in icos , but trading are risky and ico also risky if you invest wrong project and place.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1507

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:43:50 PM

Both of these methods consists of some risks. While the risk associated with ICO is dependent on your activity, the risk associated with trading depends entirely on you. We don't have any regulatory authority for the ICOs, so we are pretty much investing in something which may or may not come up with the final product or simply run away with your investment. But in trading, you are the owner of your own decisions and mistakes. This is the difference of risks between ICOs and trading. But if you ask me personally, I prefer trading, because it can fetch you much higher return than any other form of investment in crypto currency market.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: