Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:15:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The END of ICO's?  (Read 8832 times)
ruffles2016

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 03:07:18 PM

I don't agree that ICOS gonna end in matter of time. I believe there will be lot more regulated icos incoming. So it will be harder to cheat people. There could be less ICOs than right now but it is still going to better.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:40:25 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2017, 09:10:56 PM by Hyperme.sh

I don't agree that ICOS gonna end in matter of time. I believe there will be lot more regulated icos incoming. So it will be harder to cheat people. There could be less ICOs than right now but it is still going to better.

It’s the end of ICOs in terms of:

Additionally, as I have pointed out numerous times already, the ICO-issued tokens (even if legally issued) will be at best illegal to trade on non-regulated exchanges and via P2P spending (and at worst unregistered and illegal to trade). IOW, an ICO-issued token becomes encumbered with future regulation issues and is entirely unsuitable for a decentralized ledger cryptocurrency token.

They ICO-issued tokens will become regulated in the manner stocks are. They will trade on regulated exchanges. You can’t spend them to another person like a cryptocurrency. Thus they can’t actually be used on the decentralized ledger. They won’t legally be able to have any utility other than perhaps to be burned as some form of utility. The main benefit over stocks might be there will be more exchanges (not just the Dow Jones and NASDAQ).

If the regulators were to allow ICO-issued tokens to trade freely (i.e. as a cryptocurrency), then they will have lost control over rampant, fraudulent speculative tragedy-of-the-commons mania.

Additionally until nations are able to harmonize their securities regulation, ICO-issued tokens will have to issued according to a particular nation’s securities regulation, and thus not be suitable way to raise funds from the crypto community globally.

We’ve been in a situation where the rules are very uncertain with many different nation-state jurisdictions. And it is very legally risky for anyone to be involved with ICO-issued tokens in any way, even buying and selling them. Yet only now are readers beginning to wake up to the legal risk they face and contemplate if they better stop trading ICO-issued tokens. Yet so many others are dominated by their greed and will continue to attempt to trade ICO-issued securities under the assumption that the governments can’t incriminate so many people. I think they’re gravely mistaken. The reason the regulators are stepping in now, is to stop it before the number of people incriminating themselves is too great.

It is possible that ICO-issued tokens could continue to trade clandestinely but the key players will be hunted down and punished. Those ICO-issued tokens will not be mainstream. Law abiding public will shun them.

Filecoin is not a counter example.
Grim149x

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 04:13:18 PM

I don't think so. I think that it's good for ICO's to be regulated because scam ICO's could be lessened. And if ever I invest then I'll have a better peace of mind.

Dot99lr

Activity: 202

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 04:28:17 PM

If anything I think it will be good in the long term. It may help to weed out the shitcoins and scams.
nikolaich

Activity: 224
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 04:36:59 PM

Regulation is inevitable. It`s now a wild wild west. I think with regulation, more money will come in.
pigheadbig

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 04:39:11 PM

I do not think it will be end of ICO since there are still some hot ICO projects now, and some ICO projects will be there in the coming days, I think it is a good way to raise money for development but the dev team should be more careful.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 04:45:02 PM

Since bitcoin was created as a decentralized currency that is against this kind of measures taken by governments, I will say that even if this lowers the amounts of scam coins this is something that I do not agree, we cannot let governments to dictate what is right and wrong in crypto that is a very dangerous step, if you want to see less scam coins then you need to stop investing in them.
johnFFFF

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 04:50:26 PM

This won't be happening. Countries can take regulations, but this will never help them regulate the ICO structure barely. This will only a fear factor for ICO conducters that's all.

They can create companies in Singapour, Cayman Islands etc. They keep it anyway.

You are right, they can control some organization but not all since that regulation is only applicable to some countries, but since majority of ico are born here the bitcointalk can regulate it and to some extend weed out scam ico's
End of ICO isnt really an appropriate word to be used.It maybe regulated but not all countries do really have the same decision regarding on this field on which its really still possible to join or invest on ICO. They might do such act but it cant really stop completely. Scam Ico's cant really be avoided and this is really a responsibility for a certain investor to look at and to be awared of.

I really agree i THINK icos need to be regulated in order to make the difference between scam and relevant one. But it s still a interesting way to make money by speculating on the token and the project himself.  You need to check several essential points before doing this king of purchase
salinizm

Activity: 658
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 05:15:56 PM

Neither China nor Usa can sound the death knell for ICO's. Besides this, Many of the ico are not be made available for USA's citizens. For that reason, I think that bad news which will come from china and usa will have instant impact on prices. Crypto world is future and it is a revulotion and nobody can hinder it.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
cryptoadmire

Activity: 160

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 05:42:35 PM

I don't think this is the end of ICO's they will just evolve to get around the ban. I am sure right now there are some "ICO's" going on in China.

I do believe that regulation is not something that should be feared, but welcomed. Although it does depend on if the regulations are there to allow great projects to rise above crappy ones, or if it is just to suffocate ICO's in general.

I read an interesting article about the ramifications of the China ICO ban and it helped me form my opinion. I would recommend you give it a read.

https://medium.com/@crowdholding/china-ban-on-icos-not-all-doom-and-gloom-74daf814209c
ccccccc7

Activity: 223

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 07:00:01 PM

Regulation doesn't mean that it will be the end. Just some more things you have to consider before launching an ICO.
Warren Buffert

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 08:56:15 PM

Regulation doesn't mean that it will be the end. Just some more things you have to consider before launching an ICO.

Indeed, exactly this.
Regulation should (hopefully) mean less scams, not ending all legit ico's.
Marry Finch

Merit: 101

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 09:06:42 PM

I believe that it is impossible to stop the new ICO. Investors and developers of ICO will always find a way to find each other. Measures to prevent them in certain countries can not be achieved. And the conduct of ICO in some countries, such as Japan has already been regulated by law.
Michaelsch

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:36:47 PM

Agree! And isn't it a good thing for us? Some people from government will do part of our researches))) more regulated ICOs are coming already)
vuvanle120

Activity: 322

"Highest ROI crypto infrastructure"

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:27:29 PM

Agree! And isn't it a good thing for us? Some people from government will do part of our researches))) more regulated ICOs are coming already)

ICO will be the future and not the past. However, I'm seeing more and more companies do pre-sale (pre-ICOs) prior to ICO. The fund pool of ICOs will be reduced in the future.

Michaelsch

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 12:56:23 AM

ICO will be the future and not the past. However, I'm seeing more and more companies do pre-sale (pre-ICOs) prior to ICO. The fund pool of ICOs will be reduced in the future.

I'm not following you.. What do you mean? How are pre-sales and fund pools connected?
moataz_ansary

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 01:20:00 AM

Not all ico I think that only real great projects and strong ico will get chance
But other scam ico will be dead
TagaMungkahi

Merit: 118

Bounty Campaign Manager? --> https://goo.gl/YRVVt3

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 01:20:52 AM

I just hope all country can do this kind of regulation on ICOs with that regulation we can get the assurance that this ICO is definitely not a scam because it is regulated by the Government meaning, Regulation on ICOs could result into less SCAMS, and can provide a way for investors to focus on true ICOs that can give potential for profit-making and can build a good return of investments.

CrazyCreeptonaut

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 01:24:49 AM

the ICO's are not dead
Komodo platform will solve that issue

diskodasa

Activity: 337

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 01:41:57 AM

the ICO's are not dead
Komodo platform will solve that issue

what komodo can do? protect us from scam ICO? ICO can't dead. just like IPO. after dotcom bubble explosion IPO still alive

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: