Bitcoin Forum
July 31, 2024, 06:17:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 151 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Iridium (IRD) - People are Power - Community build crypto  (Read 149752 times)
internetfloozy

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 08:05:34 PM

Here is my config for a Windows Server 2012 box

minerd -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://[Suspicious link removed]:3333 -u <Wallet Address> -p x -t 24

What kind of service are you using for renting a server for mining ?

No service....unused servers where I am a sysadmin at.
Shkembe
Legendary

Activity: 1559
Merit: 1001

Epic Private Internet Cash

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 08:48:42 PM

I am looking to spend some BTC to buy Iridium, if someone want to sell PM me.
fiki fuka

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 08:56:24 PM

if this is a new project I will wait twitter and facebook bounty from this project, and hopefully the project is successful. thanks so much for the team.
mrbard

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:04:38 PM

I also have seen no mention of why we even need this coin and what unique benefits it provides the community other than simply another coin to mine and speculate on. A whitepaper or at least some type of vision statement for the coin and its future would probably go a long way, as long as it is legitimate and not just some BS statement. The only difference I see now is that is offers a lower coin supply than other Cryptonote coins. Really? Is that the ultimate vision for this project?

I quite like the idea of a very rare coin, and it works with the name as Iridium is one of the rarest elements in the earth's crust.
This is more like gold or bitcoin, than it is a TenX style project imho.

I agree with your concern about no premining for bounties though, hopefully the dev has a good mining rig.

I'm already helping him with graphic design and the coin's profile design and website. Should help with how the coin is perceived.

(Community contributions are always appreciated: ir34eDrxkdBQVRpSDPvGfQKYPSNxVyo1pHeKUjxLDuJDNymxcMUjcxKRsSxiurWLWRXz2ZxB15FzE6E Gt34QV3jC1sc4dTyHN ) Wink
Windozxpert

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:22:51 PM

I quite like the idea of a very rare coin, and it works with the name as Iridium is one of the rarest elements in the earth's crust.

I agree with your concern about no premining for bounties though, hopefully the dev has a good mining rig.

I'm already helping him with graphic design and the coin's profile design and website. Should help with how the coin is perceived.

(Community contributions are always appreciated: ir34eDrxkdBQVRpSDPvGfQKYPSNxVyo1pHeKUjxLDuJDNymxcMUjcxKRsSxiurWLWRXz2ZxB15FzE6E Gt34QV3jC1sc4dTyHN ) Wink

You make a good point. I forget if Iridiumdev has posted any BTC addresses in which to send donations to.

There's no I in team, but there is a "Me" if you jumble it up. ~ House, M.D.
Windozxpert

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:59:54 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2017, 11:12:19 PM by Windozxpert

You make a good point. I forget if Iridiumdev has posted any BTC addresses in which to send donations to.

DEV POST

i have not, as of yet. If you'd like to contribute toward my funding in this project, then you can go ahead and donate at my BTC address:
1F1mYp5Gf3HXJh1k5b3gkAGha3pyfpLDNk

I'll add it to the main post as well, so if people do want to support my side of the development they are more than welcome. If I get enough I could also pay the fees for Cryptopia listing and such.

I sent my .00477872 BTC. Lets expand this coin and get it listed!

garytheasshole

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 11:22:39 PM

DEV POST

i have not, as of yet. If you'd like to contribute toward my funding in this project, then you can go ahead and donate at my BTC address:
1F1mYp5Gf3HXJh1k5b3gkAGha3pyfpLDNk

I'll add it to the main post as well, so if people do want to support my side of the development they are more than welcome. If I get enough I could also pay the fees for Cryptopia listing and such.

Put it in the initial post you knob! :p

ulfsaar

Activity: 197

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:46:01 PM

Before you jump into listing you should fix the wallet first.

The wallet has so many issues.

Fees are not standard. Latest source fee is 0.050, while earlier version is 0.0001 IRD. Tx sent from earlier versions will fail on the latest.
Sending large amount fails. Transaction too large. For anyone with large amount try sending 2000 ird and it will fail. That means you cannot send anything big to exchange.

Compiling from latest IRD source has too many errors and has to look at xmr patches to complete the build.  These are serious issues that you cannot ignore.

Good luck.
mine77

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:47:39 AM

Wanted to ask if there is any pool that I can use with diff higher than 100k?

I just added difficulty 200k on Port 8888 at mine77.
Ginzink

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:42:53 AM

Have anyone been able to get CPU mining going in Windows?
Which miner and config did you use?

Claymore which is linked at pools dont work with Iridium.
Also tried a couple others.

yes, they work in windows, minerd should work but the best is xmr-stak-cpu but be careful not to
download something with a trojan in it and read the instructions when configuring.

Could you share your config? I found it hard to config this miner.

the only thing I modified in the config file was the cpu threads (I have a 8 core/16 thread ryzen so for a quad core you only use 0,2,4,6)

"cpu_threads_conf" :
[
 { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 0 },
 { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 2 },
 { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 4 },
 { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 6 },
{ "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 8 },
{ "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 10 },
{ "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 12 },
{ "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 14 },

],

and the pool address and my wallet address with the ports (they are lower in the file).

Password remains x, so everything else remains the same.

For increased hashes you will have to follow the instructions in the file regarding  LARGE PAGE SUPPORT . Be careful when adding the users in the dialog box - you have to pick them from the list
(there is a button there. I placed there "administrators" and "everybody" because it didn't work with just my normal user). After that when you start xmr-stack-cpu.exe run it "as administrator"
and it will take advantage of the large pages.

Thank you. For some reason i did not have xmr-stack-cpu.exe but as a cbp. Tried changing that to a .exe but that kinda failed Tongue
borderline

Activity: 798
Merit: 116

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 06:34:46 AM

Italian translate

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2172679.new#new

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Airdrop to BTC holders
Alexey Sukharev

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 06:39:47 AM

Difficulty is really getting higher and higher. The amount of dayly coins getting lower. In such case I think it would ve impossible to mine it soon. Sad
iridiumdev (OP)

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 09:23:59 AM

Fees are not standard. Latest source fee is 0.050, while earlier version is 0.0001 IRD. Tx sent from earlier versions will fail on the latest.
Sending large amount fails. Transaction too large. For anyone with large amount try sending 2000 ird and it will fail. That means you cannot send anything big to exchange.

Compiling from latest IRD source has too many errors and has to look at xmr patches to complete the build.  These are serious issues that you cannot ignore.

Good luck.

All of these issues will be solved with the next wallet update, not to worry. Smiley
garytheasshole

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 09:37:26 AM

Good luck.

All of these issues will be solved with the next wallet update, not to worry. Smiley

Hard fork is nigh?

Windozxpert

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 10:10:41 AM

Good luck.

Hard fork is nigh?

Hold your tongue!

iridiumdev (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 10:27:30 AM

Good luck.

Hard fork is nigh?

Hold your tongue!

DEV POST

I think if most of the current nodes upgrade, such as the pools and my seed nodes, then there will be no hard fork. Since older daemons will still be able to send transactions, and I'm also going to reduce the fee as well, since seeing that 0.0001 fee can be irritating haha. So there should be no issues really, but I will do my best to announce the new daemons, wallets and other software ahead of time to let you all know. I may do a release of everything together, unveiling new wallet with new logo, website and such. But know it should all be fixed within the next day or so. After these fixes and the website, we can focus on the whitepaper and our "unique selling point" I guess. Then we'll hit the exchanges, so that's the basic plan for now.
canonical

Activity: 136

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 10:56:27 AM

Personally, I don't think you should be thinking about getting this coin onto an exchange right now. Previous commentators are correct; there are basics that need to be done that are way more important than an exchange, especially the whitepaper and a compelling reason for what the whole point of this coin is. You gotta get the house ready before you put it up for sale.

I'd be happy to help get a simple webpage up (I'm a designer/developer) so that there's something at least up for this coin.
iridiumdev (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 11:01:26 AM

Personally, I don't think you should be thinking about getting this coin onto an exchange right now. Previous commentators are correct; there are basics that need to be done that are way more important than an exchange, especially the whitepaper and a compelling reason for what the whole point of this coin is. You gotta get the house ready before you put it up for sale.

I'd be happy to help get a simple webpage up (I'm a designer/developer) so that there's something at least up for this coin.

Yeah, that's the plan. I mentioned it in my previous post, getting whitepaper, fixes, and website done before the exchanges.
Right now I'm focusing on wallet fixes, so I will contact you when this is completed if you'd still like to help on the website Smiley
Kzh

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:41:56 AM

I just wrote a French post about IRIDIUM here : http://lemondecrypto.com/iridium-ird-opportunite-a-miner/
canonical

Activity: 136

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:43:27 AM

Yeah, that's the plan. I mentioned it in my previous post, getting whitepaper, fixes, and website done before the exchanges.
Right now I'm focusing on wallet fixes, so I will contact you when this is completed if you'd still like to help on the website Smiley

No worries. Message me when you're ready.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 151 »
  Print  

Jump to: